PDA

View Full Version : Brooks irked by Rockets' treatment

Ashy Larry
09-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Aaron Brooks (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/8015) has entered camp in a different mood. The wit as quick as his first step was gone. When discussing his contract Tuesday, Brooks found no humor. Brooks had hoped his breakthrough season and status as the NBA's Most Improved Player award winner would prompt the Rockets (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/4550) to offer a contract extension. Instead, he said the Rockets (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/4550)' unwillingness to work on a new deal for beyond this season is "bothering" him. "It's kind of stressful," Brooks said. ... Asked if he felt he deserves a contract extension, Brooks said, "Oh, no doubt. I deserve at least discussions."

Hopefully the Rockets get their heads out of their asses and make sure this young star doesn't shake the spot.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/229530-brooks-irked-by-rockets-treatment?eref=fromSI (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/229530-brooks-irked-by-rockets-treatment)

DeadlyDynasty
09-30-2010, 11:48 AM
LA still needs a future pg...do it, mitch:toast

Venti Quattro
09-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Blake and Brooks... interesting.

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 12:02 PM
They will pay him this summer. The Rockets don't extend anyone early without reason. They didn't do it for Scola or Lowry and they aren't even doing it for Yao. I'm not sure, but I don't think they've done it for anyone in over 12 seasons.

DeadlyDynasty
09-30-2010, 12:06 PM
They will pay him this summer. The Rockets don't extend anyone early without reason. They didn't do it for Scola or Lowry and they aren't even doing it for Yao. I'm not sure, but I don't think they've done it for anyone in over 12 seasons.

i see those tactics have worked wonders for you guys

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 12:24 PM
i see those tactics have worked wonders for you guys

Well under Morey it really hasn't hurt us at all. Besides he's a restricted FA so if the Rockets want him they will have him anyway. I think he's just a little bummed that his backup is going to make more money this season. The organization is just excercising the option that gives them a little more flexibility. Does he deserve more money? Yes, but he will have to wait until this summer to get it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 12:33 PM
they aren't even doing it for Yao.
:lmao you act like that's such a big deal.

Kai
09-30-2010, 12:47 PM
He is on a rookie contract, next year he'll be a restricted free agent and we'll match whatever offer he gets. No big deal. It's not like Brooks is making a declaration. He was asked a question and answered it. All players feel like they should get more money. Just the media making something out of nothing again.

sefant77
09-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Of course they dont extend now. The agent would throw "19.6 points!!!!!111111" in the room all the time and demand something like 5 years and 50-60 million.

So just wait and hope Yao and Martin stay healthy and Brooks is next year together with Scola the 3rd/4th option and definatly wont average 19.6 points.

Zelophehad
09-30-2010, 02:13 PM
they aren't even doing it for Yao.

Surprising they don't want to reward him after his performance last season.

redzero
09-30-2010, 02:19 PM
They got rid of Ariza for him and he's stills stressed?

sefant77
09-30-2010, 02:21 PM
They got rid of Ariza for him and he's stills stressed?

He knows he will have a much smaller role next year. He is scared and wanna cash in...

Double-Up
09-30-2010, 02:26 PM

On Brooks:

Yea we know how successful that's been for the Mavs, right? :lol

A new CBA will be in effect next year, why would they wanna extend his contract right now when he's a soon to be restricted agent?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 02:28 PM
:lmao

Double-Up
09-30-2010, 02:29 PM
:lmao

lol...maybe we should have signed Channing Frye. :rollin

picc84
09-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Blake and Brooks... interesting.

The spot is saved for Deron Williams.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 02:55 PM
lol...maybe we should have signed Channing Frye. :rollin
He was better than Mr. Shite was last year.

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 03:01 PM

On the court no, but Les Alexander profits greatly just by having him on the team.

BUMP
09-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Yao Ming had as many points, rebounds, assists, and steals as I did last season and you guys are acting like he not giving him a contract extension is a big deal?
:lmao:lmao:lmao

#41 Shoot Em Up
09-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Yao Ming had as many points, rebounds, assists, and steals as I did last season and you guys are acting like he not giving him a contract extension is a big deal?

shut up faggot :lmao

Double-Up
09-30-2010, 03:14 PM

^^ Really you can shut that shit down, this is a fucking AB thread.

Ashy Larry
09-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Had to get some Rockets talk in here..... could be a surprise team.

sefant77
09-30-2010, 03:20 PM

Yeah guessing the colors of the suits from Yao and Martin

BUMP
09-30-2010, 03:20 PM

Yeah, they could surprise me and get the 7th seed

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Yeah, they could surprise me and get the 7th seed

Now that we're limiting Yao to 24 minutes a game, 75 win ecstasy!

DeadlyDynasty
09-30-2010, 03:45 PM
I would love to see the Rockets fully healthy this year (the same with Portland, SA, et al), cause any team that rebounds and plays defense is gonna be a tough out in the playoffs. With that being said, the Rockets lack a definitive go-to-guy in the clutch, so they can only go so far...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2010, 03:47 PM
I would love to see the Rockets fully healthy this year (the same with Portland, SA, et al), cause any team that rebounds and plays defense is gonna be a tough out in the playoffs. With that being said, the Rockets lack a definitive go-to-guy in the clutch, so they can only go so far...
Any team with a starting back court of Brooks and Kevin Martin and Yao as the starting center is gonna be mediocre at defense.

DeadlyDynasty
09-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Any team with a starting back court of Brooks and Kevin Martin and Yao as the starting center is gonna be mediocre at defense.
Fair point on the backcourt, but I think just having that big gook clogging up the lane is gonna make it tough for teams to get easy bucket. It's all a moot point b/c he'll fracture his foot in 3 places before the all-star break