PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan and Malik Rose at event for Nico LaHood

duncan228
09-30-2010, 08:24 PM
At a fundraiser tonight. Bowen and Elliott were supposed to be there too.

Leticia Van De Putte with Spurs Malik Rose & Tim Duncan at event for Nico LaHood.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/temp%20duncan/9-30-10.jpg

Leonard Curse
10-01-2010, 04:46 AM
im sorry duncan228 if i offend you when i say this, but nico la hood is utter shit!!! google his name and look up his criminal backround i have encounterd this thug personally. manyu of my friends and family are freaked out about tim duncan always showing up to his events and such, i lost some respect for duncan because he shows up for anything nico tells him to and has no idea what kinda guy this is.

do your research people "the san antonio current" exposed his deceitful thug ass!! think {rich kid who gets everything from daddy, deceitful facade crooked & a terrible person} no joke i would never just say this. but i feel strongly about exposing this person

ploto
10-01-2010, 05:53 AM
It is rather unusual to see Duncan attend a political event for a specific candidate. IIRC, Tony and Eva even hosted a fund-raiser for him and Duncan made a sizable donation to his campaign. Why would so many Spurs be involved with someone running for DA?

Leonard Curse
10-01-2010, 07:01 AM
so you know of this guy too ploto? i dont get it either i in a sense chose to ignore it because i really started questioning what timmy was doing with this guy but alot of ppl are baffled well intelligent ones anyway not people that fall for his wanna be rockstar life livin on daddys money&ego nico by the way is a horrible lawyer never shows up to his cases etc..etc

ploto
10-01-2010, 10:19 AM
I know this is not the political forum, but Duncan and other Spurs have chosen to participate in a public way.

I am just curious as to why so many Spurs- who never publicly support candidates- are all doing it for this guy.

tmtcsc
10-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Does anyone know how Nico and Tim became friends ? Tim got here in 1998, 4 years after LaHood's drug arrest. Was it a connection with legal matters or martial arts ? Just wondering.

They are very close friends. I see him carrying Tim's daughter at the Spurs games all the time. Of course, we all know they go to MMA events together too.

tmtcsc
10-01-2010, 10:42 AM
im sorry duncan228 if i offend you when i say this, but nico la hood is utter shit!!! google his name and look up his criminal backround i have encounterd this thug personally. manyu of my friends and family are freaked out about tim duncan always showing up to his events and such, i lost some respect for duncan because he shows up for anything nico tells him to and has no idea what kinda guy this is.

do your research people "the san antonio current" exposed his deceitful thug ass!! think {rich kid who gets everything from daddy, deceitful facade crooked & a terrible person} no joke i would never just say this. but i feel strongly about exposing this person

What happened when you "encountered this thug personally". I met him once at an alumni social and he seemed really nice. What gives ?

alchemist
10-01-2010, 10:59 AM
So the guy isn't perfect and lives on daddy's dime, might as well condemn the children of current and former Spurs players.

goliath
10-01-2010, 11:34 AM
I know Nico too. He's a good guy and a good attorney. You shouldn't condemn him for trying to seal his records. That's something that's available to anyone. It's not like he tried to do anything underhanded or unethical in trying to seal it. The other way to look at his prior is that he completed probation, used it's services, and turned his life around. That's exactly what the ciminal justice system tells young first time offenders to do. And he did just that. I understand if someone thinks his possession case should disqualify him from running for DA or that it is a black mark on his qualifications. But to slam hm as an attorney or a person, or to do he same to Tim bc he supports him, is ridiculous.

Kori Ellis
10-01-2010, 11:48 AM
The drug charges were 16 years ago when he was 19 or 20 years old. He received deferred adjudication and it was taken off his record. What has the guy done wrong in the last decade? (I'm not being sarcastic - I am just curious)

From what I know of his story, he turned his life around after his brother was shot and killed. He went to St Mary's Law School, became an attorney, got married, has a young kid(s), etc. I'm just curious why people think he's a "thug" now?

TDMVPDPOY
10-01-2010, 12:13 PM
The drug charges were 16 years ago when he was 19 or 20 years old. He received deferred adjudication and it was taken off his record. What has the guy done wrong in the last decade? (I'm not being sarcastic - I am just curious)

From what I know of his story, he turned his life around after his brother was shot and killed. He went to St Mary's Law School, became an attorney, got married, has a young kid(s), etc. I'm just curious why people think he's a "thug" now?

this dude must be a lucky SOB to get those charges drop from his police records, or else he wont be ALLOWED to do a law degree...same shit happened to my friend who was told dont bother doing a accounting degree cause he has a serious criminal record....and he was like 1yr away from finishing it with me...

panic giraffe
10-01-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm just curious why people think he's a "thug" now?

race. and i'm not just trying to lebron it.

people really shouldn't judge a guy for something he did nearly 20 years ago.

after all the scandal that has come from that office in the last few years, you would think both parties would be united to remove Reed from office.

boutons_deux
10-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Isn't LaHood the San Antonio Lebanese Mafia? :)

tmtcsc
10-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Isn't LaHood the San Antonio Lebanese Mafia? :)

Lebanese ? He's a straight GUY isn't he ? :lol

fantasyfootball
10-01-2010, 03:58 PM
I know Nico personally and he's 100% genuine. Nice guy, respectful, super intelligent, good sense of humor. I remember hearing that he met Tim at Tim's bowl-a-thon (he was there for some association I think).

If you go to his facebook page, he's put himself completely out there. In one of his interviews, he explains the thing about his record seal. It was way before he ever decided to run for office. It's pretty logical that if you have any aspirations - political, job, or otherwise that you'd want to seal it anyway.

He had a drug charge when he was 21. He admits it. He's embarrassed by it and now he's moved on. It's not like this was 2 years ago. I don't know why people just assume because you have a past criminal act, you can't rebound.

He's a great guy. I'll vote for him. Anybody that actually knows him will tell you the same. First class human being who has worked very hard to be where he is.

To show how on top of his game he is, all Susan Reed can do is point to his drug record 16 years ago and say look, look at this. That's basically the entire platform she's running on.

Meanwhile Nico can dissect the flaws in the current justice system and point out realistic solutions to help improve things. Listen to his interviews on Jack Raccardi, he's pretty damn impressive.

rjv
10-01-2010, 04:51 PM
if anyone here has a record, better make sure to not ever apply for a job at where leonard works.

ElNono
10-01-2010, 06:02 PM
I didn't inhale!!!!!!

Russ
10-01-2010, 07:51 PM
I don't live in SA anymore, but I'm just guessing that LaHood is somewhat more liberal than the incumbent DA.

If that is the case, his attackers are probably accustomed to attacking more progressive candidates personally rather than on their policies.

Just guessing, that's all.

rjv
10-01-2010, 08:16 PM
I don't live in SA anymore, but I'm just guessing that LaHood is somewhat more liberal than the incumbent DA.

If that is the case, his attackers are probably accustomed to attacking more progressive candidates personally rather than on their policies.

and you would be right. reed is a dbag who has to go.

duncan228
10-01-2010, 09:51 PM
At a fundraiser Parker hosted in June.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/temp%20duncan%202/6-12-1017.jpg

Sisk
10-01-2010, 10:18 PM

Both sides attack each other. Don't be ridiculous.

ploto
10-01-2010, 10:30 PM
I do not think a man who could never be a policeman due to his criminal past should be the District Attorney.

draft87
10-03-2010, 02:55 AM
At a fundraiser Parker hosted in June.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/temp%20duncan%202/6-12-1017.jpg

so how thick were sean's shoes? he looks way taller than malik.

and btw, did anybody see the article on espn.com about chris paul giving the hornets a chance......the team picture with West-Thornton-Paul-Ariza-Okafor.....i always thought David West was a short 6'9" but Ariza looks like a gigantic 6'8" in their photo.....right? am i the only confused by such drastically misrepresented height listing? (lame, i know, but it's still the offseason)

007nites
10-03-2010, 03:37 AM
Timmy can't dress worth shit

Leonard Curse
10-03-2010, 04:43 AM
I know Nico too. He's a good guy and a good attorney. You shouldn't condemn him for trying to seal his records. That's something that's available to anyone. It's not like he tried to do anything underhanded or unethical in trying to seal it. The other way to look at his prior is that he completed probation, used it's services, and turned his life around. That's exactly what the ciminal justice system tells young first time offenders to do. And he did just that. I understand if someone thinks his possession case should disqualify him from running for DA or that it is a black mark on his qualifications. But to slam hm as an attorney or a person, or to do he same to Tim bc he supports him, is ridiculous.

are you kidding me people? he worked hard to get where he is??? please .. im sure his father did... our friends the cisneros family/ our mayor Julian Castro.. now thats working hard to get where you are!! okay me and my family went to catholic private school our whole lives so we know who nico is i didnt just read about him. my cousin went to Central catholic HS and kori ellis i mean no disrespect to you but NO nico did not turn his life around when his brother passed. Actually i think thats what made him carry so much anger and i feel for him i lost my brother also. i know a few things about him for a Fact!!!

These are the things i know about him he threaten to kill my cousin and stated "im connected with the mafia motherfucker" as he lifted his shirt and showed his plethora of tattoos. btw i doubt hes connected but you never know if he gets elected then well know. my cousin walked by him and supposedly looked at him wrong! i was there and my cousin is small & is as kind of a person as youll ever meet, me on the other hand.. if you REALLY know nico you know he is coverd and i mean coverd from wrist to neck practically in prison like tattoos. notice he is always and i mean always coverd up (not even a polo when its a casual occasion)

another thing i know for a fact is hes gotten away with alot and i mean alot of crap just because his father, who is in fact a really good lawyer covers up for nico like you wouldnt believe. Nico has a black belt in karate, some of his friends do too, i know for a FACT nico and his friends would go out looking for guys to beat up some of his friends say he was on juice but i cant confirm that but what i can confirm is that him and his friends would seriously beat the living crap out of guys anywhere and it would be like 1 against 3 or 4 of his black belt friends! i know this sounds ludicrous but its the sad truth. this (nice guy/i turned my life around front) is fake, know that!

the drug charge is the only thing people see and if he gets that erased i cant imagine the amount of sheep he'll draw. about the drug charge it was ecstasy and it had to be a good amount DONT FORGET IT WAS HEROIN BASED and so if your thinking it was prob some pot maybe a lil pipe think again. Is this what you want as your district attorney???? a guy i worked with hired him for alot of money he said he heard he was great and he would never show up in court in fact he would just reset the case eventually my friend lost the case.

im sure ill get attacked verbally, ive know this for quite sometime and i wouldnt have mentioned this at all because its none of my business, however when hes trying to become a major public figure in my hometown i would be a coward not to say anything!! i dont lie about things like this i have no reason. if you know nico you know Most people are afraid of him because he can A.) get you in trbl with the law or B.) use Wing Chun skills to kick your ass! this is not a joke. believe what you will, republican/democrat it doesn' matter however choose wisely when voting thats all i have to say.

Leonard Curse
10-03-2010, 04:48 AM
oh and yeah so you can see why im a little disappointed to find out one of my favorite basketball players of all time is friends with this guy! this isnt a game to me people this guy represents everything i dislike in this world, hypocrisy to the fullest extent. do your homework folks

ploto
10-03-2010, 07:11 AM
I, like many, want Susan Reed out. I wanted to vote for her opposition. Just seems like they could have found someone else.

Leonard Curse
10-03-2010, 07:13 AM
i have no agenda vote for him if you like him i just cant believe he has the audacity to run for that type of position!!

boutons_deux
10-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Usually, a felony drug arrest destroys your lifetime job opportunities. :lol

Lawyers and politicians are different from you and me.

Latarian Milton
10-09-2010, 03:49 AM

once a thug, always a thug. education may have smudged the stigma but never mopped it up tbh, and never will.

TheChillFactor
10-09-2010, 08:04 PM
the name alone sounds like a lowlife. nico lahood? lmao

poop
10-09-2010, 09:30 PM
the name alone sounds like a lowlife. nico lahood? lmao

haha very true. sounds like a used car salesman or a local middle aged burned-out petty drug dealer. who is this little landscaper and how is he friends with the spurs?

duncan228
10-13-2010, 01:47 AM
AbQ6TlkZOR4

duncan228
10-13-2010, 01:48 AM
jDsbIfyz67E

EricB
10-13-2010, 02:09 AM
Red is voting for Reed. Thats good enough for me.

PM5K
10-13-2010, 03:07 AM
I've said this before but I'll say it again: An important aspect of our justice system is the concept of rehabilitation. It's the idea that a person can make a mistake, pay their debt to society, learn from that mistake, and turn their life around. If we didn't believe in that we'd just lock people up and throw away the key for any crime committed.

Now I can't say I know him personally but by looking at his credentials he seems to be a good example of what we want from our justice system. We don't want people to be the same as they were before the were arrested and punished, we want them to learn from that mistake and better their lives, and he seems to have done just that.

Also, if Reed doesn't believe in rehabilitation I'm not sure she should even be running for DA, must less hold the office.

Otherwise I'm not going to take the opinion of one person who claims to know him and judge him based on that.

GSH
10-13-2010, 08:50 AM
A lot of people thought that since Michael Jackson was not convicted of anything, he deserved a second chance. (And a third, and a fourth.) And if you're one of those people, great. But I bet you wouldn't let him be your child's Boy Scout leader, would you? After Michael Jackson's first "youthful indiscretion", he should have put some limits on his own behavior. And after Little Nico's youthful indiscretion, he should have known that he wasn't going to have a career as District Attorney. The fact that he would even run for the office suggests a lot about his character.

I'm all for letting the man have a second chance in life. He can be a defense attorney. He could go run a drug rehab, and help other people get a second chance. But the same thing that disqualifies him from being a police officer should automatically disqualify him from being District Attorney. It's outrageous that we are even having a discussion about it.

For the record, Susan Reed is an unpleasant... person. And some of the things that make her unpleasant are exactly what makes her a reasonably good District Attorney. Several people have noted that Little Nico is a pleasant person. Well of course he is. He wants to follow in the family tradition of being an influence broker. It makes him fun to sit next to at a dinner party. It's how he makes friends with people like Tim and Malik. But the last freaking thing we need is a blatant influence peddler as District Attorney.

Nico LaHood was a rich little shit who wanted more money and influence, so he sold meth and steroids, and carried a gun. Now he's a grown up rich little shit who wants more money and influence, and he sees the DA's office as a way to get it. Frankly, I'd rather deal with an unapolagetic drug dealer than an influence-peddling District Attorney. It's easier to see the drug dealer for what he is, and he doesn't have the power of the legal system behind him. It makes him a lot easier to get rid of. But a "flexible" District Attorney can legitimize all sorts of unsavory characters, who will be more than happy to finance his next run for office.

Cane
10-13-2010, 09:23 AM
A lot of people thought that since Michael Jackson was not convicted of anything, he deserved a second chance. (And a third, and a fourth.) And if you're one of those people, great. But I bet you wouldn't let him be your child's Boy Scout leader, would you? After Michael Jackson's first "youthful indiscretion", he should have put some limits on his own behavior. And after Little Nico's youthful indiscretion, he should have known that he wasn't going to have a career as District Attorney. The fact that he would even run for the office suggests a lot about his character.

I'm all for letting the man have a second chance in life. He can be a defense attorney. He could go run a drug rehab, and help other people get a second chance. But the same thing that disqualifies him from being a police officer should automatically disqualify him from being District Attorney. It's outrageous that we are even having a discussion about it.

You seem to be implying that Nico had several "youthful indiscretions" by comparing him to Michael Jackson when I thought he only had that one run in with the law. People with felonies on their record have and are serving in the military so I don't care too much for your perspective on what people can and can't do if they've already paid their debt to society.

I can understand one's bias against a person with a mark on their record but you're basically making a lot of baseless claims and trying to sensationalize things by comparing him to a child molester, imo.

GSH
10-13-2010, 09:58 AM
You seem to be implying that Nico had several "youthful indiscretions" by comparing him to Michael Jackson when I thought he only had that one run in with the law. People with felonies on their record have and are serving in the military so I don't care too much for your perspective on what people can and can't do if they've already repaid their debt to society.

I can understand one's bias against a person with a mark on their record but you're basically making a lot of baseless claims and trying to sensationalize things by comparing him to a child molester, imo.

Don't try and put words in my mouth. What I "implied" is that some actions have consequences. I'm not against the man having a second chance in life, but he needs to look somewhere other than the District Attorney's Office.

I'm glad you brought up the military, though. You are correct - the military has issued a small number of waivers for people with felonies to enlist. But guess what, Einstein? They don't allow those people to go to OCS, and become officers. What does that say to you? To a normal person, it says that some actions have consequences. And after doing certain stupid things, there are some career paths that are no longer open to you. Get over it.

You might also take note that the Army stopped issuing any felony waivers in 2009. (The other branches probably did too, but I don't know for certain.) The people who got waivers didn't have a very good track record. And with the downturn in the economy, they have more than enough people looking to enlist.

I didn't make ANY baseless claims, you moron. It's a simple fact that Little Nico was arrested in possession of distribution quantities of meth and steroids, as well as a loaded gun. And he never "paid his debt to society". He got deferred adjudication, because of political influence.

Most other people understood the point about Michael Jackson, which was: He may have deserved a second chance in life - but to be safe, he shouldn't have been entrusted with other young children. And any parent who let it happen are just plain damned ignorant.

Like you.

[Edit: And, for the record, Little Nico did have more than one "youthful indiscretion". By his own admission, he dealt drugs for at least a year. It's not like he did it only once, and just happened to get caught. Not that it matters, except that you need to get your facts straight.]

Cane
10-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Damn you get defensive GSH :lol

Sorry, comparing Nico to Michael Jackson wasn't a good one. Seems like you're just trying to sensationalize by making such a comparison and insulting Nico and posters online. Imo you need to :hat

TheSullyMonster
10-13-2010, 10:25 AM
And after Little Nico's youthful indiscretion, he should have known that he wasn't going to have a career as District Attorney. The fact that he would even run for the office suggests a lot about his character.

That he's ambitious? That he isn't limiting himself because of his past? That he doesn't check your opinion and follow your advice when making his own major decisions?

But the same thing that disqualifies him from being a police officer should automatically disqualify him from being District Attorney. It's outrageous that we are even having a discussion about it.

Well that's certainly an oversight in the law. And I happen to agree with you-if it's been decided you don't have the discretion and credibility to be SAPD, but you can still decide who to prosecute? Uh...

But that's not Nico's fault, and he shouldn't live his life according to other people's sensibilities and perspective, he should be living to his own.

Blame the system, not Nico.

Nico LaHood was a rich little shit who wanted more money and influence, so he sold meth and steroids, and carried a gun. Now he's a grown up rich little shit who wants more money and influence, and he sees the DA's office as a way to get it.

Oh, you've knownw him for decades then?:rolleyes

tmtcsc
10-13-2010, 11:00 AM
From the few people I've talked to, Reed has been an outstanding DA and is no danger of losing the position.

If Nico wants to run for public office and make a difference then he should search out a different position.

BTW, I admit to being completely uncertain of both parties and their qualifications for the position. I have no idea what type of difference Nico wants to make.

Some of the quotes I heard about Reed was

1. That she was a fantastic DA and that she needs to serve in a higher office at the State level. -- No, she didn't tell me that herself. :)

2. That she was great and other than having his name on the ballot, Nico has no shot to win.

That's all I got.

GSH
10-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Little Nico believes in second chances - but not for everybody.

Nico's brother was shot and killed in the LaHood family driveway. The person who shot him was convicted and executed. Little Nico attended the execution. He expressed sympathy for the murderer's family, but he was more than happy to watch the man die.

But that's not the worst part. There was a second man, who was driving the car. He didn't kill the brother - he was over 80 feet away when the shot was fired. He says that he didn't know the other guy was going to kill Lahood, but he was sentenced to death also. Rick Perry commuted his sentence to life in prison. So how did little Nico respond to the Governor's decision? He was actually angry that he didn't get the chance to watch the driver of the car die as well:

Nico LaHood, whose brother was murdered on the driveway of the family home, was frustrated with the outcome.

"No one requested to talk to us. No one. Nothing," he said after a reporter told him of Perry's decision.

LaHood, who watched Brown die, had planned to be in the death chamber later Thursday to watch Foster die. Numerous court appeals previously had failed to overturn the jury verdict, he said.

"For the governor to do that, I believe he folded to political pressure," LaHood said.

So when Little Nico ruins other lives by selling drugs, he's all about second chances. But when something happens to his family, he wants everyone involved executed? How's that for hypocrisy?

GSH
10-13-2010, 12:22 PM
What - no witty comebacks? Or is it just difficult to understand how this could be the same guy you plan on voting for?

He claims that he is running against Susan Reed because criminals need education, not incarceration. But when someone commits a crime against his family, he wants everyone involved killed. Kind of hard to reconcile those two positions, isn't it?

The guy is utterly full of shit, which makes him perfectly suited to be a politician. If he somehow gets elected, just be sure that you never do anything to piss him off. Or piss off his family. Or his campaign contributors. Because he won't be recommending classes for you, like he suggests for aggravated drug dealers.

TDMVPDPOY
10-13-2010, 12:24 PM
[SIZE="3"]

[B]So when Little Nico ruins other lives by selling drugs, he's all about second chances. But when something happens to his family, he wants everyone involved executed? How's that for hypocrisy?

i guess what goes around comes around, u dont get murdered or shot at for no reason, they must be a reason....

now this fucka benefited from the proceeds of crime, got himself an education etc..fck that shit...

PM5K
10-13-2010, 02:10 PM
What - no witty comebacks?

We reserve the witty comebacks for witty arguments.

In our society we believe certain crimes are so egregious that they disqualify the perpetrator of a second chance.

How can you not see the difference between someone that sold ecstasy pills and a group of gang members that robbed a man and shot him in the face?

"He was guilty. He was driving that car, he helped set that up, he was reaping the rewards. It was all of them working together on it," Susan Reed, the district attorney of Bexar County, where the case was prosecuted, told ABCNEWS.com earlier this month.

I absolutely agree with her, and I think Lahood's feelings are pretty reasonable given the circumstances.

Having said that, just the same as Nico Lahood can run for District Attorney because no law forbids it, he has to accept that a clemency board can vote to grant clemency, and if they do the Governor can commute his sentence, which he did.

With the law you have to take the good and the bad.

Slydragon
10-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Before I knew his background the guy already look shady to me. I'm sure both are full of shit but he looks like a Guy that would curb stomp you if you told him hi wrong. She looks like she would walk by and be ehh and move on.

bus driver
10-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Leticia Van De Putte LaHood.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/temp%20duncan/9-30-10.jpg

isnt this the lady who wanted all the fat kids to lose weight or they were going to punish the parents?

:lmao coming from this fat ass

i wouldnt get on their bus

DPG21920
01-19-2014, 02:41 PM
http://www.expressnews.com/sports/columnists/buck_harvey/article/Apolitically-speaking-Duncan-has-his-reasons-5156685.php?t=19b2e18541927fc3fb

capek
01-19-2014, 02:59 PM
http://www.expressnews.com/sports/columnists/buck_harvey/article/Apolitically-speaking-Duncan-has-his-reasons-5156685.php?t=19b2e18541927fc3fb

State Senator Carlos Uresti, warming up the crowd, boomed: “Are there any Spurs fans in the house!”

The crowd boomed back. Some came with basketballs, some wearing Duncan jerseys, some wearing Parker jerseys. One wearing a Matt Bonner jersey.

Nice that Matt Bonner came out to support the guys as well. :tu