PDA

View Full Version : Fun with neighbors

jalbre6
08-10-2004, 10:36 AM
I don't post in here very often, but I got a pretty funny story to share. I have new upstairs neighbors in both of the top two units in my four unit building, and they're very young. They like to have all-night parties, make lots of noise from their balconies, crank the stereo late, and have zero regard for myself and the other neighbor down here. Since I was at one time that exact type of tenant, I didn't go tattle to the apartment office or call the police for a noise complaint or underage drinking.

Well, since Erica (my downstairs neighbor) and myself both have to be up around six every morning, we hatched a solution. Yesterday morning before work we blared our stereos with all the doors open from six onward and just left them on all day (well, we locked up first) after we left for work.

Erica got home before I did and she told me that the complex recieved a complaint from both sets of the neighbors, saying that they worked nights and we were keeping them from sleeping. I called the office and went with Erica to get a written confirmation of the complaint, and then went to confront the kids upstairs. They wouldn't answer either door, even though we could hear them inside. And they were partying all night again last night, beginning well after I went to bed.

So we did the exact same thing this morning with the stereos, except that I went to Krispy Kreme and bought two dozen doughnuts for the landscaping crew, and asked them to start by our building as early as they could, which they had zero problem with.

I hate to say this, but I'm kind of enjoying screwing with them. I even filled the 50 disk CD changer with music I thought they wouldn't like (i.e. Edie Brickell, REM, Living Colour) for their listening pleasure.

Let this be a lesson to those little fuckers...we may be older and uncool for wanting to be asleep before midnight, but once you get a real job you have the resources to have a $6K stereo system to shake your walls all day.

maxpower
08-10-2004, 10:45 AM
That is nice....keep us posted. I can't believe those morons had the audacity to complain about your noise. It would serve them right to have some cops but their party for underage drinking though that may be more suitable for a checkmate.

CosmicCowboyXXX
08-10-2004, 10:54 AM
if you want to up the ante then you should switch to FM...and you and your neighbor get on different country stations...say...you on Y100 and your neighbor on KJ97...

after a day of that (the early am drive time dj prattle is especially annoying) they will probably have a white flag hung out the window when you get home...

jalbre6
08-10-2004, 11:04 AM
I live in Dallas...so no KJ/ Y100 fun. We have our share of annoying radio people here though, so no worries. Maybe that's tomorrow's poison. The funniest thing was when I brought the landscapers doughnuts this morning. I told them what was going on and they all laughed their asses off. I wonder what's happening over there right now.

bigzak25
08-10-2004, 11:15 AM
this is great.....keep us posted....good luck...

:lol

Shelly
08-10-2004, 11:17 AM
I think you should play a continuous loop of the Macarena.

Slomo15
08-10-2004, 11:25 AM
And the ketchup song (http://www.madblast.com/view.cfm?type=FunFlash&display=1674) on the other stereo.

Johnny Blaze 47
08-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Maybe "Barbie Girl" on another loop.

Shelly
08-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Or "What's Going On?" by 4 Non Blondes.

I said, "Heeeeyyyyy eeeyyyy eyyyy eyyy. Heyyy eyyyy eyyy eyyy...etc.

jalbre6
08-10-2004, 11:51 AM
For what it's worth, I distictly remember putting my 4 Non Blondes disc in the CD changer last night.

I don't have Barbie Girl downloaded or burned anywhere, same w/ the Macarena.

maxpower
08-10-2004, 11:57 AM
macarena and ketchup songs ideas are great....heck you can go medivel and download the Barney(purple dino) song.

Shelly
08-10-2004, 12:02 PM
I don't have Barbie Girl downloaded or burned anywhere, same w/ the Macarena.

Hop to it, then! And while you're at, download Amadeus by Falco.

jalbre6
08-10-2004, 01:02 PM
other CD's I remember putting in...

original Jock Jams

Black Crowes - Southern Harmony (I think? It's black)

Pulp Fiction soundtrack

like 5 or 6 New Wave Hits of the 80's CD's

B-52's - Cosmic Thing (?)

Blondie's greatest hits

- I'm really considering going home at lunch today just to see if the kids are awake or if the apartment complex is pissed off at me and Erica. Also to check on my new friends the landscapers. Hmmm....

Johnny Blaze 47
08-10-2004, 01:09 PM
I would just loop "Love Shack".

*Shudders at memories of working the recording studio at Fiesta Texas*

Blood Dong
08-10-2004, 01:11 PM
or even worse...............Mambo Number 5

E20
08-10-2004, 02:33 PM
Motherfucking no respecting nig-nots.

Johnny Blaze 47
08-10-2004, 02:39 PM
Thanx, BD. I'm going to have that farking song in my head all day!

Jimcs50
08-10-2004, 03:43 PM
Even worse, put on Rush Limbaugh at full blast. :spin

jalbre6
08-10-2004, 08:12 PM
OK, I just got home and Erica pulled up at the same time. No notes or telephone messages for either apartment. It does look as if nobody is home in either upstairs unit. Maybe they left to get a "good day's rest"....

Seriously, I think they're just college students partying until classes start next week. That doesn't make it any less annoying on my end, but gives me hope for next week.

I think I'm going to barrage them again if they start making a shitload of noise late night again though. If nothing else, this makes a good story. And blaring right-wing talk radio sounds like a great idea too.

SpursWoman
08-10-2004, 08:18 PM
That's good stuff! :lol :lol

And while you're at, download Amadeus by Falco.

That would make me burn the complex down...eventually. :fro

Shelly
08-10-2004, 08:27 PM
oh, come one! How could you not listen to this all day long?

ROCK ME AMADEUS
Falco
He was the first punk ever to set foot on this earth.
He was a genius from the day of his birth.
He could play the piano like a ring and a bell
And ev'rybody screamed:
Come on, rock me Amadeus.

He was a superstar, he was dynamite and whatever he did (it)
Seemed to be alright.
And he drank (and) he cursed and he fooled around

But when the women would shout:
Rock me Amadeus,
Amadeus, Amadeus, Amadeus,
Oh oh oh Amadeus.

With a bottle of wine in one hand and a woman in the other
'Cause he was a ladies man
He never stopped to worry what the next day would bring

Because the girls would sing:
Rock me Amadeus,
Oh oh oh Amadeus.

His mind was on rock and roll and having fun
Because he lived so fast he had to die so young.
But he made his mark in history.

Still ev'rybody says:
Rock me Amadeus

Amadeus, Amadeus, Amadeus x infinity

Alamo Spurs Fan
08-11-2004, 02:40 AM
Even worse, put on Rush Limbaugh at full blast.

Heavens, don't do that...they might actually LEARN something.

:rolleyes

If they escalate the battle, head to the kids section of your local Wal-Mart's CD section and find the following CD:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001L3LHW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Or something with the "Hampster Dance Song" on it. Set your CD player to play that FREAKING song over and over and over. You won't be able to get out of your apartment before you have the overwhelming urge to smash your speakers with a 9 lb. sledge hammer.

Seriously the song is THAT annoying. That's also a good revenge idea for the parents of young children who get on your nerves. Trust me, 5 year olds like to hear that song at least 579 times PER HOUR.

MannyIsGod
08-11-2004, 03:38 AM
kind sir, you are my new hero.

Shelly
08-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Along with the Hamsters, I offer you the Chipmunks singing anything!

jalbre6
08-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Erica, my neighbor, had a good idea this morning. Today, she is playing AM 1040, the black christian gospel station. I was lame and running late, so I turned on Radio Disney full bore. I'm going home for lunch in a few minutes and I'll see what happens from there.

imagination4u
08-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Adding to the list..the Lambchop song..

"this is the song that never ends
yes it goes on and on my friends
some people started singing it not knowing what it was
and they'll continue singing it forever just because...
this is the song that never ends
yes it goes on and on my friends.."
(eternal repeat)

you get the idea:)

You will have them packing in no time!

Johnny Blaze 47
08-11-2004, 07:27 PM
I think you should play "Touch Myself" on an endless loop.

tlongII
08-11-2004, 08:06 PM
I think you should loop a laugh track and play that all day. That would drive them nuts!

Adrienne18
08-11-2004, 08:10 PM
I recommend the soundtrack to Wizard of Oz. Song of the munchkins on repeat optional.

TDMVPDPOY
07-13-2011, 05:24 PM
should turn on church music or some propaganda radio station....lmao

spursncowboys
07-13-2011, 05:38 PM
I was thinking Rebecca Black's 'Friday'

Tinystarz
07-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Good lord some of you have been here since the stone age.