PDA

View Full Version : Thank you J.A. Adande (partially)

Steve Kerr
10-01-2010, 02:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp10/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=LeBronRace-101001

Normally I can't stand the LA knob slobbing articles this guy writes, but decent article and great job by Adande not letting the fact he's black cloud logic and common sense. Of course he couldn't completely step away from pulling the race card, but at least he's a black sports writer willing to say this:

It began with Jesse Jackson's claim (http://www.rainbowpush.org/news/single/rev._jesse_l._jackson_sr._reacts_to_dan_gilberts_o pen_letter) that Cleveland owner Dan Gilbert's late-night rant about LeBron's departure reflected a "slave master mentality" and that "He sees LeBron as a runaway slave." It was an overly exaggerated reaction to the reaction. If Gilbert really saw LeBron as a slave, he would have tracked him down with bloodhounds and lynched him. That's what slave masters did to escaped slaves. That's why I'll never equate professional or collegiate athletics to slavery.

Muser
10-01-2010, 02:35 PM
lol Harlem

Killakobe81
10-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Thing that is funny is most of LG hates Adande because he loves shaq (and freely admits it) and hates on kobe.

dallasmavsnfuego214
10-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Anybody wanna bet that Burger Boy aka Jason Whitlock will defend LeBron by pulling the race card Sunday on the Sports Reporters?

God, that guy is such a piece of fat shit

Steve Kerr
10-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Burger Boy aka Jason Whitlock
:lmao

Killakobe81
10-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Whitlock ALWAYS discusses race in sports. That's his "thing" ....

21_Blessings
10-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Thing that is funny is most of LG hates Adande because he loves shaq (and freely admits it) and hates on kobe.

It's funny because Adande plays the race card all the fucking time. But only when he's not acting like he's White.

TD 21
10-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Adande's not black or white; he's black and white. Only far too many are too ignorant to realize and/or acknowledge that. They see brown skin and automatically call a person "black", like they did Obama. Obama is not the first "black president", he's the first mixed president.

Why is it that we're supposed to differentiate between Serbians and Bosnians, for example, but it's okay to not do so with a mixed person and a "black" person? There's a far bigger difference between the latter than there is the former.

Race is definitely Whitlock's thing, but not in the way you'd think. He usually looks at it introspectively and doesn't blindly defend "blacks".

I agree 100% with Adande and Whitlock in this case, that race had little to nothing to do with the backlash and that it was about the way he handled things and to a lesser extent, the simple fact that he left (let's face it, no matter how he did it, if he left he still would have been vilified, only less so).

That being said, I'm sick and tired of all these white guys in the media automatically dismissing something when someone "pulls the race card". The vast majority act as if it's not ever a possibility. It's pathetic.

Take Owens for example. Despite what you may think of him, he's absolutely right to question why he's vilified and why Favre hasn't been, particularly by the media.

DJ Mbenga
10-01-2010, 06:23 PM
wow when whitlock says its not about race wow. also it wouldnt shock me if that slut jemelle hill says its about race. she has the race card ready in her backpocket at all times

Veterinarian
10-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Nah Whitlock is shitting on Lebron too: http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/LeBron-James-should-put-away-the-race-card-and-just-apologize-093010

Giuseppe
10-01-2010, 07:37 PM
^Hi sweety! You gonna PM again, angel-pie?

Veterinarian
10-01-2010, 08:46 PM
This schtick is failing pretty hard Cubby.

Giuseppe
10-01-2010, 09:14 PM
I guess somebody musta hacked your account, Vet.

Like what happened to Luva.

Veterinarian
10-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Well you've already said you saved it, so...

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows

Giuseppe
10-01-2010, 09:22 PM
I got it, but, first things first:::here is the bet: If I post the screen shot, you have to give up your >Veterinarian< moniker forever. Never can use it againPERIOD You may use other monikers, but, never the >Veterinarian one<. Agreed?

Veterinarian
10-01-2010, 09:41 PM
I just checked my pms and this account did send you a pm last week. I certainly wasn't arguing with DoK, since I like him. I must have been drunk or high and just trying to cause havoc. Plus you would get jizzed on if you ever went to the NFL forum there's a lot of good posters there. I don't remember sending it to you so I changed my password and email anyways.

Here it is, not that anyone gives a shit:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4104/5042780709_6fe73b1204_b.jpg

Giuseppe
10-01-2010, 09:44 PM
I almost had ya like with Duncan that time I almost got his f'in ID.

Yer a lucky guy, Vet.

Next time come hard, else stay on the porch with the Magic, Celtics and womenfolk.

Now,

Let us proceed...

Giuseppe
10-01-2010, 09:48 PM
I just checked my pms and this account did send you a pm last week. I certainly wasn't arguing with DoK, since I like him. I must have been drunk or high and just trying to cause havoc. Plus you would get jizzed on if you ever went to the NFL forum there's a lot of good posters there. I don't remember sending it to you so I changed my password and email anyways.

Here it is, not that anyone gives a shit:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4104/5042780709_6fe73b1204_b.jpg

Just checkin' assholes & want to make sure this is on the record.

tee, hee.

#41 Shoot Em Up
10-01-2010, 11:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp10/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=LeBronRace-101001

Normally I can't stand the LA knob slobbing articles this guy writes, but decent article and great job by Adande not letting the fact he's black cloud logic and common sense. Of course he couldn't completely step away from pulling the race card, but at least he's a black sports writer willing to say this:

Little piece of advice......... get a better troll fag:toast

Greg Oden
10-02-2010, 02:05 AM
tbh when was DOK getting pounced on in the NFL forum? if it was between myself and him, that wasn't really a big deal. If we don't have a Colts vs Pats pissing contest at least once a week something's wrong, imho.

Giuseppe
10-02-2010, 02:18 AM
^Vet just let his mouth overload his ass.

I straightened him out.

Veterinarian
10-02-2010, 02:52 AM
Just checkin' assholes & want to make sure this is on the record.

tee, hee.

Dumb fuck just take a screenshot of your pm, or right click and select "save image as" on the screencap I uploaded to save it onto your hard drive. As it stands now I could delete the pic and that quote would do nothing.

tbh when was DOK getting pounced on in the NFL forum? if it was between myself and him, that wasn't really a big deal. If we don't have a Colts vs Pats pissing contest at least once a week something's wrong, imho.

I think I (aka Dirk4MVP according to Cubby) was just trying to walk Cubby into a buzzsaw and/or cause some havoc. I can't remember because I've been going crazy on the Joose or Tilt and DXM combo lately.

Greg Oden
10-02-2010, 02:57 AM
dirk4mvp is veterinarian? I didn't know, that troll is hard to figure out, tbh.

Giuseppe
10-02-2010, 04:47 AM
Dumb fuck just take a screenshot of your pm, or right click and select "save image as" on the screencap I uploaded to save it onto your hard drive. As it stands now I could delete the pic and that quote would do nothing.

I think I (aka Dirk4MVP according to Cubby) was just trying to walk Cubby into a buzzsaw and/or cause some havoc. I can't remember because I've been going crazy on the Joose or Tilt and DXM combo lately.

& I ain't ever lettin' ya ferget it, daddy-O.