PDA

View Full Version : Time to make my call for the 2005 NBA Champs!

tlongII
05-20-2005, 04:14 PM
It's going to be................................................ .................the Pistons!

It is interesting that the teams with HCA will not be favored in the conference championships. Detroit is battle-tested and starting to click on all cylinders. I can't see Miami beating them, especially with Shaq less than 100%. The Spurs won't have a chance either if Duncan is still favoring his ankle.

T Park
05-20-2005, 04:17 PM
probobly right.

SWC Bonfire
05-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Don't agree, but sound arguments.

MadDog73
Pistons are the team I fear the most. It would be a good series, I don't know who'd win, hopefully the Spurs would.

Dex
Man, it must get really boring when your team doesn't make the postseason.

SWC Bonfire
05-20-2005, 04:22 PM

Don't get mad about a non-homer call.

My shot: Spurs are the champs over Pistons - that's a complete homer call.

bigzak25
05-20-2005, 04:23 PM
all i ask is for the chance to face them and everyone be healthy.

no excuses.

detroit is the team to beat.

sucks to have sheed (potentially) roll off those titles after he leaves portland though, huh tlong?

PM5K
05-20-2005, 04:23 PM

Nah they get a lot of entertainment with all of the players showing up in Police Blotters, Cops, Americas Most Wanted, etc...

You can always go smoke some dope with Damon Stoudemire....

I think they got rid of the dog fighting guy so there is some loss of entertainment value but what can you do?

Extra Stout
05-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Pistons defense + Spurs periodic offensive funks = bad, bad news.

That Detroit team will be tough to beat. Very tough.

Dex
05-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Don't get me wrong. I think Detroit probably poses the biggest threat to San Antonio's title run out of the remaining opposition.

I'm still sticking with my homer instincts on this one, and assuming that this prediction will go down with all the other bad calls made by the trolls around here who have nothing better to be doing than stirring things up on opposing message boards.

:)

This is the Spurs' year, baby.

tlongII
05-20-2005, 04:29 PM
all i ask is for the chance to face them and everyone be healthy.

no excuses.

detroit is the team to beat.

sucks to have sheed (potentially) roll off those titles after he leaves portland though, huh tlong?

Yeah it sucks. But I still like Sheed. FEED THE SHEED!

pooh
05-20-2005, 04:32 PM
After seeing Detroit slowly dismantle a depleated but very gutsy Pacers team in six games last night, they look like they're on the road to repeat. They're the Spurs of the East, only just a little tougher and never get rattled. Without a doubt, they have the best front five in basketball in Billiups, Prince, Rip, 'Sheed and Big Ben.

Whoever comes out of the West...Dallas/Phoenix or uh...San Antonio, will have trouble with them.

If Shaq was 100% healthy, I would easily pick them over the Pistons, but he's not and they won't beat Detroit in a seven game series.

T Park
05-20-2005, 04:36 PM
After seeing Detroit slowly dismantle a depleated but very gutsy Pacers team in six games last night, they look like they're on the road to repeat

The Spurs did the same thing but they arent???

idiot.

mookie2001
05-20-2005, 04:39 PM
I think the San Antonio Spurs will win.

pooh
05-20-2005, 04:40 PM
The Spurs did the same thing but they arent???

idiot.

Did the Spurs trail in their series against Seattle? No...case closed.

nkdlunch
05-20-2005, 04:42 PM
After seeing Detroit slowly dismantle a depleated but very gutsy Pacers team in six games last night, they look like they're on the road to repeat.

The Pacers were dismantled back on Nov19. :lol The Pistons didn't prove anything on that series

Sportcamper
05-20-2005, 04:46 PM
All I ask is for Shaq to be healthy so Miami has a fair chance of knocking the Pistons on their butts...

The Spurs (IMO) faced their biggest challenge out West against Seattle...

Spurs/Heat would be nice... :smokin

pooh
05-20-2005, 04:48 PM
The Pacers were dismantled back on Nov19. :lol The Pistons didn't prove anything on that series

The Pacers may have been dismantled but they did something that no other team could've done after losing your number #1 defensive player, your MVP candidate and starting guard for a combined total of over 150 games and still...still make the playoffs and knock off a third seed on the way.

The Pistons proved last night why they are the team to beat. When Indiana had them on the ropes, they could've folded up but they didn't. They came back and took games four and five, decisively. I can sit here and say Indy ran out of gas and to some extent, that is true...but fact is, Detroit is the better team right now in the playoffs.

Yeah, Miami has been the most dominant, winning eight in a row...but they haven't faced any team that was strong enough to test them like what Detroit went through so far.

Useruser666
05-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Seattle>Denver>Pacers

pooh
05-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Seattle>Denver>Pacers

Not even...Indy has more heart and guts than both teams combined.

Useruser666
05-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Not even...Indy has more heart and guts than both teams combined.

More heart, but not more playoff wins.

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-20-2005, 04:58 PM
More heart, but not more playoff wins.

But they're still better.

You beat Boston.

Good job.

That's the Blazer or Jazz of the West.

nkdlunch
05-20-2005, 04:59 PM
The Pacers may have been dismantled but they did something that no other team could've done after losing your number #1 defensive player, your MVP candidate and starting guard for a combined total of over 150 games and still...still make the playoffs and knock off a third seed on the way.

A 3d seed, yes but check Boston's record, they were 5th in the East(a weak ass conference). I give Indiana props though, 'cause they played w/heart.

The Pistons proved last night why they are the team to beat. When Indiana had them on the ropes, they could've folded up but they didn't. They came back and took games four and five, decisively. I can sit here and say Indy ran out of gas and to some extent, that is true...but fact is, Detroit is the better team right now in the playoffs.

I doubt Indiana ever had them on the ropes, the Pistons just woke up from their funk for a few minutes and beat them. The same argument could be made about San Antonio, the way they beat Denver + Seattle.

Yeah, Miami has been the most dominant, winning eight in a row...but they haven't faced any team that was strong enough to test them like what Detroit went through so far.

I agree w/that

pooh
05-20-2005, 05:37 PM
Indy was a 6th seed in the East.