PDA

View Full Version : New Cars!

Das Texan
10-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Since I know you people are a bunch of know it alls....

I am considering these 4 new autos:

Mazda 6
Ford Fusion
Toyota Camry
Honda Accord

This is what I want:

Leather
Moonroof
Satellite Radio/Bluetooth

Who has one, give me your recommendations or why you hate one of these vehicles.

Cant wait to see what kinda responses are out there!

CuckingFunt
10-02-2010, 05:08 PM
I recommend the Accord. Because it's a Honda.

That's all I got, really.

Mark in Austin
10-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Fusion Hybrid would be my choice but you didn't mention a hybrid as one of your criteria, so my recommendation is:

They're all about the same quality wise. Drive all three and pick the one you enjoy the most.

edit: skipped over the part where you mentioned the Mazda - my original post assumed you were deciding between the Ford, Toyota and Honda. In my limited experiences with Mazda I've found them less reliable and less... substantial in terms of build quality / materials. I didn't mean to lump it in with the other three.

fraga
10-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Mazda 6 looks the sportiest...Ford fusion...well it's a Ford...I would pick between the Camry and Accord...the Camry is well built...some luxury...but looks like an old people car...the Accord is pretty much the same...but doesn't look AS much of an old peoples car like the Camry...

benefactor
10-02-2010, 08:10 PM
My Mazda 6 had endless transmission problems...but that was 2005. They could be better now.

If it were me, I'd compare them all in the Consumer Reports Auto Guide (http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/new-cars/resource-center/2010-annual-auto-issue/2010-april-auto-issue.htm) and pick the best rated one.

ashbeeigh
10-02-2010, 08:40 PM
florige drives a fusion. I don't know if that's good or bad.

PM5K
10-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Ford fusion...well it's a Ford..

What the fuck does that mean?

Das Texan
10-02-2010, 09:19 PM

Common misconception from a decade or so ago?

robino2001
10-02-2010, 10:04 PM
I have an 09 camry hybrid and still love it. Super quiet ride on the inside. Only potential downside for you, assuming your in TX (naturally), Gulf Coast States Toyotas had an exclusive agreement with XM and would not install satellite. My salesperson promised me Sirius and I had to fight for months to get them to finally figure out how to put Sirius in. Yes, I know they're psuedo-merged, etc... and that was 2 years ago, so I don't know if it's still an issue, but just throwing it out there in case you have a Sirius acct.

All that said, I like the Fusion hybrids also but the roof was too short for me. I'm 6' 1" ish and my head was either super close to the top or was touching (don't remember) so that killed it for me right away.

Das Texan
10-02-2010, 10:26 PM
I have an 09 camry hybrid and still love it. Super quiet ride on the inside. Only potential downside for you, assuming your in TX (naturally), Gulf Coast States Toyotas had an exclusive agreement with XM and would not install satellite. My salesperson promised me Sirius and I had to fight for months to get them to finally figure out how to put Sirius in. Yes, I know they're psuedo-merged, etc... and that was 2 years ago, so I don't know if it's still an issue, but just throwing it out there in case you have a Sirius acct.

All that said, I like the Fusion hybrids also but the roof was too short for me. I'm 6' 1" ish and my head was either super close to the top or was touching (don't remember) so that killed it for me right away.

I really liked the Fusion but had the same damn problem. I'm 6'3" and even with pushing the lumbar support or whatever its called all the way down, my head was still super close to hitting the side. So that is pretty much eliminating the Ford, even though I really like the car other than that, and I really like that Sync technology.

Bummer really, but its a deal breaker basically :lol

robino2001
10-03-2010, 08:27 AM
I really liked the Fusion but had the same damn problem. I'm 6'3" and even with pushing the lumbar support or whatever its called all the way down, my head was still super close to hitting the side. So that is pretty much eliminating the Ford, even though I really like the car other than that, and I really like that Sync technology.

Bummer really, but its a deal breaker basically :lol

I want to say the Accord was the same way for me for the head room. I've never tried the Mazda 6... I fit super well within the Camry though, plus I liked all of the other stuff. The Hybrid version of it (don't know if you're interested or not) essentially is their top package, so it comes relatively loaded, but the sunroof and leather are add-ons. Because it is their "luxury Camry" though, most of the hybrids are made with the leather and sunroof - I had to wait 3 weeks for one to come in w/o the leather and sunroof when I bought because I did not want them... well at least the leather, was indifferent on the sunroof. The drive on the Camry 3-ish years ago sold me though... super smooth, quiet, etc. Ended up not buying then because my old car was not dead like we thoughts. So when it did die 2 years ago we were in a hurry to buy and hybrid camry's were tough to get during the hybrid rush so we looked around at other cars but I kept coming back to the camry.

I know, not the sexiest car in the world but I'm still super happy with it.

CuckingFunt
10-03-2010, 09:58 AM
At 6' I have plenty of headroom in my step-mother's Civic hybrid. I'd be really surprised if the Accord wasn't also comfortable for the tall folks, though it might require the usual seat adjustments.

CubanMustGo
10-03-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm 6'6" and plenty comfy in the HCH, but the Accord actually has less head room.

Quite frankly after hearing years of "Honda's all that" hype, I doubt if my next car will be another. The M6 is probably the car of the ones listed that will appeal the most next, and you seem to get better deals on Mazdas these days. Fusion Hybrid costs too damned much (and doesn't fit), just don't care much for Toyota.

Das Texan
10-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Not really interested in forking over the extra money on a hybrid when the greatest benefit of hybrids are in town driving (correct me if I'm wrong) and most of my driving is highway.

I'm also probably going to consider the Sonata after reading all kinds of good stuff on them.

silverblk mystix
10-03-2010, 10:58 AM

Mazda 6
Ford Fusion
Toyota Camry
Honda Accord

This is what I want:

Leather
Moonroof

Who has one, give me your recommendations or why you hate one of these vehicles.

I would suggest taking your time and driving them all-you will gravitate to one over the others after spending some time in them.

I would highly recommend you take a look at the Suzuki Kizashi also, it has gotten really good reviews against the cars you mentioned for less cash. The suzuki game plan was to try to build it to compete with premium entry cars in mind like the Acura, Audi & BMW 3 series--for less money.

Good luck.

google it and check out the video reviews...

Mark in Austin
10-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Just for kicks it might be worth comparing an Acura TSX (http://www.acura.com/ModelLanding.aspx?model=TSX) to the others. It is actually badged as an Accord in most of the world. The American Accord is only found in the US and is basically designed to be less "Japanesey" better able to accomodate fatter people with more crap. Still a high quality car, but I don't like the design of either the Accord, or the Camry for that matter. They seem a little bloated.

But I think the TSX is a better design, and if you can find a certified pre-owned that is only 12-18 months old it might be worth checking out.

One other car I think is beautiful but I have no idea how reliable it is turning out to be is the Volkswagon CC. (http://www.vw.com/cc/en/us/) In terms of looks I'd rank it ahead of the Fusion and the TSX. But it has a lower roofline so you might run into the same height issue.

robino2001
10-03-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm 6'6" and plenty comfy in the HCH, but the Accord actually has less head room.

Quite frankly after hearing years of "Honda's all that" hype, I doubt if my next car will be another. The M6 is probably the car of the ones listed that will appeal the most next, and you seem to get better deals on Mazdas these days. Fusion Hybrid costs too damned much (and doesn't fit), just don't care much for Toyota.

That's odd... I tried a Civic hybrid (an 09) and barely could get in the car, let alone fit/survive in it. Cool it works for you though.

Not really interested in forking over the extra money on a hybrid when the greatest benefit of hybrids are in town driving (correct me if I'm wrong) and most of my driving is highway.

I'm also probably going to consider the Sonata after reading all kinds of good stuff on them.

You're pretty right on. The hybrid worked for me because a majority of my driving to work is 45 mph or less... so it's right up that alley. That said, it still gets me 35-40 mpg when not doing the normal daily drive, so still not bad. I had an Elantra for 7 years until it was hit head on and died and I liked it greatly. That made me initially trend to a Sonata as the next step up - especially at the price. I want to say I struggled to fit in it too because the interior cabin size decreased from the early '00s to the late '00s. Outside of that, I had nothing against the Sonata.

Wild Cobra
10-03-2010, 03:08 PM

Mazda 6
Ford Fusion
Toyota Camry
Honda Accord

This is what I want:

Leather
Moonroof

Of the four, I've only driven a Ford Fusion as a rental, and hated it for the lack of side and rear visibility. Otherwise, I thought it was a great car.

Wild Cobra
10-03-2010, 03:09 PM
That Fraga is a bigot against Ford.

fraga
10-03-2010, 03:42 PM
When I think of reliability and luxury...Ford does not pop in my head...Toyota...Honda...both very reliable...maybe not much in the luxury department...

And bigot is such a racist term...is that it WC...you racist???

ALVAREZ6
10-03-2010, 03:50 PM
impossible to go wrong with a Honda accord

Wild Cobra
10-03-2010, 04:45 PM
When I think of reliability and luxury...Ford does not pop in my head...Toyota...Honda...both very reliable...maybe not much in the luxury department...

And bigot is such a racist term...is that it WC...you racist???
Maybe you should look the word up.

fraga
10-03-2010, 06:02 PM
How dare you sir...HOW DARE YOU...

EricB
10-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Honda Accord. Outside of the Chevy Malibu its my favorite car of that size.

blkroadrunners
10-03-2010, 10:24 PM
I'd go w/ an Accord. I rented an '09 model, and they are pretty nice and spacious.

Obstructed_View
10-04-2010, 12:00 AM
I'd say go drive all of them. I had an '06 Fusion and I loved it. First year cars are usually pretty bad, but this one was awfully good. The new ones are even better. Again, they're all nice cars in their own way so you should try them all out.

Xevious
10-04-2010, 05:22 AM
Common misconception from a decade or so ago?
Longer ago than a decade. The 80s were not a good time for American cars in general. Not that it's a good reason to avoid them today. Ford makes a better product. But a car is a major purchase, and many factors come into play. As somebody who drove a few Ford/Mercury vehicles from the 80s, I really have no interest in supporting them even today.

bus driver
10-04-2010, 12:14 PM
my vote is for the toyota camry hybrid

Sportcamper
10-04-2010, 01:19 PM
I was in the market for a Camry or Accord but there was not enough head room to wear my Cowboy hat in them…I bought a new truck instead…

101A
10-04-2010, 02:18 PM

Mazda 6
Ford Fusion
Toyota Camry
Honda Accord

This is what I want:

Leather
Moonroof

The new Hyundai Sonata.

Better value/warranty/performance/features of those listed.

101A
10-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Comparison test/review Here:

Car and Driver (http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/10q1/2010_honda_accord_ex_vs._2011_hyundai_sonata_se_20 10_subaru_legacy_2.5i-comparison_tests)