PDA

View Full Version : Liberalpalooza!

Yonivore
10-02-2010, 07:49 PM
So, how'd it go in Washington D. C. for the Liberals today?

ChumpDumper
10-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Didn't Fox News cover the whole thing like they did the tea party rallies?

boutons_deux
10-02-2010, 08:17 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703465504575528333560193128.html#p roject%3DSLIDESHOW08%26s%3DSB100014240527487034655 04575528303811567776%26articleTabs%3Dslideshow

what's your estimate, Yoni. 50 or 100 people?

the biggie will be the Stewart and Colbert rally

ChumpDumper
10-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Where are all the black people?

boutons_deux
10-02-2010, 08:31 PM
great coverage by Fox

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4357485/one-nation-rally-under-way-in-dc-/

Stringer_Bell
10-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Where are all the black people?

They were there, but only the light-skinned brothas and sistas!

Winehole23
10-03-2010, 02:44 AM
Venting against businesses and corporations!

( ~ vapors ~ )

Winehole23
10-03-2010, 02:45 AM
Big piles of money!

Winehole23
10-03-2010, 04:40 AM
the biggie will be the Stewart and Colbert rallyInfotainment reigns. That's a very bad sign in my book. But whatever. Maybe it will be cool.

boutons_deux
10-03-2010, 06:30 AM
America is having innocuous infotainment rallies and costume parties, while Europeans are having real protests with strikes and shutdowns over budget cuts in the middle of deep depression.

The naive, fat-ass, dumbed-down, class-ignorant Americans have been cutoff at the knees, defeated, and emasculated by the billionaires. They're so fucking dumbed down and intimidated that they don't even know it.

Yonivore
10-03-2010, 11:25 AM
So, over 400 organizations chartered over 500 buses and, still, they have a less than desirable turnout.

http://badblue.com/temp/101003-anim-gif-020.gif

boutons_deux
10-03-2010, 11:34 AM
So Beck's jerkoff ignorant loser suckers show up in greater number than yesterday?

Neither rally, no matter how pissed off people are, makes a bit of difference to how the country is run, which is out of reach of the citizens.

And Beck and tea baggers offer NO solutions, just vague sloganeering like

"Restoring America". :lol

Spurminator
10-03-2010, 12:13 PM
I never even heard about this rally.

boutons_deux
10-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Europeans know how to demonstrate, and run shutdown strikes when they are getting screwed.

French Pension Protests Draw Nearly A Million Marchers For Third Time In A Month

PARIS — Hundreds of thousands of protesters young and old demonstrated in France on Saturday, waving union flags and pressing conservative President Nicolas Sarkozy to drop plans to raise the retirement age from 60 to 62. It was the third day of protests in a month.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/03/french-pension-protests-million-marchers_n_748415.html?view=print

======

Americans just spread their cheeks further apart.

Wild Cobra
10-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Venting against businesses and corporations!

( ~ vapors ~ )
No kidding.

Why do liberal constantly make it a "us against them" fight? Why can't they try for equality, instead of demanding the least common denominator performance with unions, and call fairness... redistribution of wealth?

Why can't everyone be equal in work effort?

I swear. If liberals actively attempted to make an honest dollar, with the same energy that the fight against the rich, they would be rich!

Yonivore
10-03-2010, 02:25 PM
I never even heard about this rally.
I can't help that. Maybe they should have spent more money on marketing the event than on buses.

It was being billed as the response to the Glenn Beck rally and, if that's what they were doing, they failed miserably.

angrydude
10-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Europeans know how to demonstrate, and run shutdown strikes when they are getting screwed.

French Pension Protests Draw Nearly A Million Marchers For Third Time In A Month

PARIS — Hundreds of thousands of protesters young and old demonstrated in France on Saturday, waving union flags and pressing conservative President Nicolas Sarkozy to drop plans to raise the retirement age from 60 to 62. It was the third day of protests in a month.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/03/french-pension-protests-million-marchers_n_748415.html?view=print

======

Americans just spread their cheeks further apart.

In America people are upset because people can't work.
In France people are upset because they don't want to work.

George Gervin's Afro
10-03-2010, 02:29 PM
I can't help that. Maybe they should have spent more money on marketing the event than on buses.

It was being billed as the response to the Glenn Beck rally and, if that's what they were doing, they failed miserably.

I agree, with Fox news allowing for Beck to advertise his rally didn't affect the turnout. All other radio talking heads whored the rally which had nothing to do with the turnout.. nothing at all..

Wild Cobra
10-03-2010, 02:32 PM

LOL...

I heard about it on conservative talk shows. Are the conservatives advertising it more than the liberals?

Yonivore
10-03-2010, 02:33 PM
I agre,e with Fox news allowing for Beck to advertise his rally had nthing to do with the tiurnout. Nor all other radio talking heads whoring the rally had nothing to do with the turnout.. nothing at all..

Your point being?

Conservative talking heads reach a larger audience than liberal talking heads? I agree.

FoxNews "allowed" Glenn Beck to talk about the rally on his syndicated talk show -- the airtime of which is paid for by advertisers? Would Keith Olberman not be given the same consideration by his network?

Actually, I heard about the Glenn Beck rally on the web. I don't watch FoxNews.

Where were all the liberal bloggers?

George Gervin's Afro
10-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Your point being?

Conservative talking heads reach a larger audience than liberal talking heads? I agree.

FoxNews "allowed" Glenn Beck to talk about the rally on his syndicated talk show -- the airtime of which is paid for by advertisers? Would Keith Olberman not be given the same consideration by his network?

Actually, I heard about the Glenn Beck rally on the web. I don't watch FoxNews.

Where were all the liberal bloggers?

so then you aren't suprised the non publicized rally was smaller.

why even start the thread ?

Yonivore
10-03-2010, 02:46 PM

I heard about yesterday's rally as much as I heard about Glenn Beck's. It wasn't non-publicized. Maybe it just wasn't publicized and marketed to those who might have attended. Which, admittedly, is a shrinking population...

Conservative bloggers have been talking about what a miserable failure it was going to be for a few weeks now.

Again, why did no one in the more than 400 organizations involved not think to get the word out?

George Gervin's Afro
10-03-2010, 02:55 PM

Yonivore
10-03-2010, 02:59 PM
It wasn't non-publicized. I heard as much about the upcoming "One Nation Rally" from my media sources as I did about the "Restoring Honor" rally. Granted, the mentions weren't as positive but, the were as plenty.

Why are you repeating yourself, lose your medication?

Yonivore
10-03-2010, 03:11 PM
And, of course, as is typical when a group of liberals get together...

GCcwXlvb74Y

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_orkXxp0bhEA/TKfBDjCf0wI/AAAAAAAAhDo/wRzqdEvFBxw/s1600/101002-mall-libs.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_orkXxp0bhEA/TKfBDKrnyZI/AAAAAAAAhDg/hFKyrq5jhPM/s1600/101002-mall-libs2.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_orkXxp0bhEA/TKfBCyaFxXI/AAAAAAAAhDY/pH9yMOygAes/s1600/101002-mall-libs3.jpg

Wild Cobra
10-03-2010, 03:19 PM
And, of course, as is typical when a group of liberals get together...

Oh come on now.

Get into the spirit...

Liberals leave the litter, so the government has to pay someone to clean it up!

Makes perfect sense to them, rather than cleaning up after themselves, let the Nanny State do it!

Are you trying to stop them from their form of job creation?

DMX7
10-03-2010, 03:22 PM

You mean Fox News didn't sponsor it like they did Beck at the Alamo?!

Yonivore
10-03-2010, 03:34 PM
You mean Fox News didn't sponsor it like they did Beck at the Alamo?!
Hellifiknow.

Spurminator
10-03-2010, 03:52 PM
It's funny watching you pretend to care about this stuff.

Spurminator
10-03-2010, 03:59 PM
So is the point of this thread to engage in marketing smack?

Bold!

Stringer_Bell
10-03-2010, 04:07 PM
So, over 400 organizations chartered over 500 buses and, still, they have a less than desirable turnout.

http://badblue.com/temp/101003-anim-gif-020.gif

Why do you even care? No one heard of this unless they turned on MSNBC on the day it happened and saw Mexican farming groups talking about immigration. It was hardly whored out like the Beck Rally, BUT just like the Beck Rally everyone will forgot it completely in a week (all the good, all the bad, all out of mind within a week!).

Winehole23
10-03-2010, 04:24 PM
It's funny watching you pretend to care about this stuff.I doubt it's that so much. I think he just delights in giving out these:

http://www.mentalfloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/iStock_000003611148XSmall-fig.jpg

Cry Havoc
10-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Didn't even hear about this. Expected this thread to be talking about the Stewart/Colbert rally.

boutons_deux
10-03-2010, 06:20 PM
In America people are upset because people can't work.
In France people are upset because they don't want to work.

You Lie

Europeans work less hours per week because they try to have a life outside of work, while Americans have been convinced they aren't human if they aren't working their asses off is jobs that 50%+ of people say the jobs suck, along with their sucky bosses.

boutons_deux
10-03-2010, 06:30 PM
No kidding.

Why do liberal constantly make it a "us against them" fight? Why can't they try for equality, instead of demanding the least common denominator performance with unions, and call fairness... redistribution of wealth?

Why can't everyone be equal in work effort?

I swear. If liberals actively attempted to make an honest dollar, with the same energy that the fight against the rich, they would be rich!

How fucked dishonest your are.

Divisiveness, polarization, demonization, eliminationism has been the Repug/conservative strategy for 35 years. They use emotional wedge issues to carve out their ignorant base and pit them against everybody else.

Magic Negro's attempts to work/compromise with the Repugs have gotten him absolutely nothing but 100% obstructionism, filibusters, appointments blocked.

Equality? The only equality that really matters is equality of opportunity/mobility and wealth. The Repugs/conservatives have been increasing the inequality of wealth to historic levels, surpassing 1929, creating a new Gilded Age for top 5% or less, while the pro-business/anti-environment/anti-employee has really fucked up American land, air, water, reduced jobs, and increased poverty and financial/food security. Household real income stagnant for 30 years while productivity gains accrue only to the mgmt and stockholders.

Defending the rich are you? They need defending? They are the predators, they are the victorious Class Warriors who have won the war, gamed the system in their favor, cutting off the middle/lower classes at the knees.