PDA

View Full Version : Saving Private Ryan

xellos88330
10-03-2010, 12:17 AM
I am a bit tipsy tonight and a thought just came into my head that fucking pissed me off.

Do you all think that Saving Private Ryan deserved the best movie oscar?

Fucking "Shakespeare in Love" wins the god damned award. Complete and total bullshit.

I don't know what brought it up, in fact I don't remember how I started thinking about it. What in the FUCK were the judges wor whoever did the damned voting could be thinking?

SAVING PRIVATE RYAN WAS THE BEST FUCKING MOVIE IN THE WORLD!!!

/rant

DMX7
10-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Shakespeare in Love sucked and I'm often a sucker for those types of movies.

DJ Mbenga
10-03-2010, 12:53 AM
movies that end up winning up the award sometimes end up being contested later on. for example some people cant figure out how in the hell shawshank redemption didnt win best movie. or you have years with weak candidates like the yr when crash won

TDMVPDPOY
10-03-2010, 02:58 AM
isnt this the movie with vin diesel crop role, tryin to save a kid and gets shot? lmao

baseline bum
10-03-2010, 03:33 AM
Tom Hanks blows. Serves them right after Pulp Fiction was robbed of best picture by that piece of shit Hanks film about the retard.

CubanSucks
10-03-2010, 04:14 AM
movies that end up winning up the award sometimes end up being contested later on. for example some people cant figure out how in the hell shawshank redemption didnt win best movie. or you have years with weak candidates like the yr when crash won

That's not nearly as much of a robbery (if even a robbery at all). A better example would be Goodfellas losing to Dances With Wolves (which is still great...but GOODFELLAS?)

baseline bum
10-03-2010, 04:22 AM

As bad as Crash was, it was still worlds ahead of that steaming dog-turd The Hurt Locker that won this year.

monosylab1k
10-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Saving Private Ryan had an incredible opening scene, then was average-to-ball lickingly bad from then on. Matt Damon's character was such a whiny little bitch I was hoping he'd die.

CuckingFunt
10-03-2010, 10:06 AM
As bad as Crash was, it was still worlds ahead of that steaming dog-turd The Hurt Locker that won this year.

I actually thought The Hurt Locker was a fine movie, but not at all the best movie of last year. It wasn't anywhere close to Moon, which didn't even make it into the ten nominees.

But, yeah, getting worked up over Oscar winners is kind of pointless. There's at least one completely fucked up category every year.

Frenzy
10-03-2010, 11:29 AM
O
That's not nearly as much of a robbery (if even a robbery at all). A better example would be Goodfellas losing to Dances With Wolves (which is still great...but GOODFELLAS?)

Goodfellas .... :(

Cock-n-balls
10-03-2010, 03:17 PM
O

Goodfellas .... :(

Goodfellas is a fantastic movie. There's no person in the world that says "fuck" with so much passion as Joe Pesci. No one. All mobster movies should be required by law to have Pesci in it.

Trainwreck2100
10-03-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm pissed hurt locker won, because it let a woman win the best director award for a shirt movie, but it save is from that piece of crap avatar winning

SourCandy
10-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Goodfellas is a fantastic movie. There's no person in the world that says "fuck" with so much passion as Joe Pesci. No one. All mobster movies should be required by law to have Pesci in it.

lol i agree. "what the fuuuck is so funny about me"

phxspurfan
10-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Yes SPR should have won that year. And how about Star Wars losing out to Annie Hall? And the 3rd Lord of the Rings winning best picture was basically a series achievement award

MannyIsGod
10-04-2010, 04:13 PM

You're crazy. Crash was terrible.

MannyIsGod
10-04-2010, 04:14 PM
I actually thought The Hurt Locker was a fine movie, but not at all the best movie of last year. It wasn't anywhere close to Moon, which didn't even make it into the ten nominees.

But, yeah, getting worked up over Oscar winners is kind of pointless. There's at least one completely fucked up category every year.

Moon was great, but I still enjoyed the Hurt Locker way more.

CubanSucks
10-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Moon was really good but it's getting old hearing everyone making it out to be something sooo amazing. District 9 and Inglorious Bastards were better

baseline bum
10-04-2010, 08:38 PM
You're crazy. Crash was terrible.

I agree that Crash sucked. Crash sucking and being way better than Hurt Locker aren't mutually exclusive. Hurt Locker was trash because it was the typical Hollywood fairy tale where the guy takes stupid risks and comes out on top based strictly on the strength of his character rather than because of any technical skill or good planning.

AussieFanKurt
10-05-2010, 02:06 AM
Clockwork orange deserved best picture in '71

easjer
10-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Remember what else was up for Best Picture that year?

Elizabeth
Life is Beautiful
The Thin Red Line

So - three gritty WWII movies that were really sort of depressing (if exceptional movies) and my personal fave, Elizabeth - a bloody film about the early days of Elizabeth I, which also wasn't exactly a feel good movie.

I am not at all shocked Shakespeare in Love won. At all. Compared with the others, it came off as bright and funny and hopeful.

Not the right choice, but still.

Cock-n-balls
10-05-2010, 08:42 AM
The Thin Red Line sucked major ass. I was very disappointed I wasted money on that shitty movie.

RandomGuy
10-05-2010, 09:38 AM
All mobster movies should be required by law to have Pesci in it.

I second the motion.

All in favor?

All opposed?