PDA

View Full Version : So..... The new "Conan" movie.... what do you think of the cast?

phyzik
10-03-2010, 02:18 AM
Seriously.... what the fuck are they thinking?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816462/

Personally, I think this movie going to fucking suck... I really hope I'm wrong though.... I have a sliver of hope that they bring back the true writings of Robert E. Howard.... but I doubt it knowing hollywood these days and their shitty remakes....

Mark my words, they will make Conan some metrosexual fag like those vampire movies to appeal to the massive pussy overload for semi-homo's on screen.... not quite gay, but just stepping the line to appeal to womens "ideal" guy. Nevermind the whole mythos of Conan.... Lets just shit on Robert E. howards idea for money!!!

This is Conan... played by a pretty-boy from hawaii who apparently was on "Bay Watch" and had a few episodes of Stargate:Atlantis.... Jason Momoa

http://www.goremasternews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Jason-Momoa.jpg

:bang

Seriously... when did Conan become a pretty-boy fag?

Dolph Lundren would have been a better cast for the part.... :lol

If ANYONE is going to carry this movie, Its going to be Ron Pearlman as Corin.

FUCK!!!! :pctoss

baseline bum
10-03-2010, 03:37 AM
What the hell? That guy doesn't look anything like Conan. And who's playing Andy and Max?

DickTraceyMatters
10-03-2010, 03:39 AM
that guy looks at least part negro. why everything gotta cater to black people now?

CubanSucks
10-03-2010, 04:11 AM
Looks like a bitch and this movie has suck written all over it, he's a big reason. Just like with the new Predators movie, the casting had WAY too much thought put into it. Like Clash of the Titans, this will come and go like the rest of the recent remake/sequels, get about a 5.5 on IMDB, then occasionally be shown on TNT or FX around 1am. Fucking fail

Mark in Austin
10-03-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm not impressed - wish they had made the King Conan movie that Milnius (sp?) wrote the script for 10 years ago. But seeing this image:

Conan (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45672)

makes me think it's possible (but unlikely) that it won't completely suck.

MannyIsGod
10-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Who did they cast for the tree of woe?

BlairForceDejuan
10-03-2010, 10:06 PM
They will never find anyone for Conan better than Arnold; just like they will never be able to out cast predator 1. Was Arnold a shitty actor during Conan, Yes. Was he Conan, hell yes.

Momoa has a chance of pulling it off.

http://i44.tinypic.com/21nmiar.jpg

Cant_Be_Faded
10-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Who's going to play Bombatta now that wilt chamberlain is deceased?

baseline bum
10-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Who did they cast for the tree of woe?

Forget that. I want to know who they cast as the chick he throws in the fire while he's banging her.

phyzik
10-03-2010, 11:20 PM
To clarify.... this is not a remake of the origional Conan... It's an origin story. Kind of Like how Conan the Barbarian was.... I think it's supposed to fill the gaps from when Conans father and tribe where killed up to the point where he wins his freedom, with some changes.... like he kills 5 of the pictish warriors that raid his tribe while at the age of 12.

There will not be a Thulsa Doom or Bombatta in this movie.

Still, its going to suck.

I give it 3 weeks in theatres then straight to DVD.

phyzik
10-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Momoa has a chance of pulling it off.

http://i44.tinypic.com/21nmiar.jpg

No....

Momoa does not have a chance in Kroms eyes at all of pulling this shit off.

Arnold was as close as it gets to the REAL Conan from the novels, and even he barely pulled it off in my eyes. Unlike most people, I have read Howards books. The origional Conan movie was a carebare adaptation to film compared to the real thing in the novels.

This.... this is just blasphemey.

Seriously.... read the origional Howard books about Conan.... The dude was ruthless in every sense of the word. He literally took no shit from anyone and had no qualms about killing them on the spot for the slightest thing, and he would do it in the most violent way possible.

If they ever did a TRUE adaptation of the literature, it would make the latest Rambo movie look like a kids cartoon. He would probably come across as the bad guy in a horror movie unless you knew his back-story... thats why Hollywood wont do it.

hopefully, with the success of "The Expendables", and before that "Rambo", hollywood will loosen up and allow a really badass violent 80's style movie to be released soon.

America has been craving for non-thinking violent movies.... It's been a while since there was a good one. I mean... Come on.... The best we got in recent years is "The Expendables" from the Italian Stallion, "Inglorious Basterds" from Quentin Tarantino and thats really about it....... Im sure there are other people that can make a movie like that.

4>0rings
10-04-2010, 03:23 AM
Who's going to play Bombatta now that wilt chamberlain is deceased?
Andrew Bynum

Summers
10-04-2010, 08:26 PM
http://www.goremasternews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Jason-Momoa.jpg

Hot! I'm there.

Sense
10-04-2010, 09:00 PM
http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/conan-momoa-firstlook-fullphoto-535x474.jpg&sa=X&ei=moaqTOWUO8nPngfXyM3kBg&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFdx-V6Anh_dWtr5QM5y6WVDTM19A
http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/conan-photo-3-535x356.jpg

idk, it looks pretty weak... it should be a dark movie

CuckingFunt
10-04-2010, 09:03 PM
that guy looks at least part negro.

No, he doesn't.

He looks like... well, pretty much what one would expect a Hawaiian with the last name Momoa to look like.

benefactor
10-05-2010, 06:10 AM
I bet he can't do this...

6PQ6335puOc

Cock-n-balls
10-05-2010, 08:16 AM
Looks like they might be chasing the 300 crowd. Hollywood is soooooooooooooooo boring these days.

RandomGuy
10-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Dolph Lundren would have been a better cast for the part.... :lol

Hans "Dolph" Lundgren (born 3 November 1957...

Dude is 52 years old.

Never saw any Conan episodes where it said he was blond and blue eyed, but it has been a while since I picked up an old copy of the black and white comic.

I think the Rock (Dwayne Johnson) would be a good "fit", although he would have to grow his hair out for a year or so. :lol

I do agree though that Mr. Mamoa's prime strength in the role is to get drooling women into the theaters. Solid business decision, and I have little doubt that calculus is outweighed by geeky outrage. (no offense intended)

phyzik
03-22-2011, 01:03 AM
gQWNALbabeQ

This movie is going to suck.... I can feel it....

Looks like a SyFy movie origional.

Crom is not pleased.

Stringer_Bell
03-22-2011, 01:36 AM
Nothing in that trailer got me excited for it, especially knowing it'll never reach the heights of epicness of this clip...

6PQ6335puOc

That's what Conan is about. Being a real man, fucking bitches, and killing fools. "I live. I love. I slay." LOL, gtfo with that shit nigga.

phyzik
03-22-2011, 02:00 AM
Nothing in that trailer got me excited for it, especially knowing it'll never reach the heights of epicness of this clip...

6PQ6335puOc

That's what Conan is about. Being a real man, fucking bitches, and killing fools. "I live. I love. I slay." LOL, gtfo with that shit nigga.

Actually, have you ever read the books?

Arnold was nothing like the Conan from the books written by Howard. Still, the movies where classic, and I dont think Jason Mamoa can pull it off, but this new movie is supposed to be a true adaptation from Robert E. Howards vision of Conan.

If Conan had to be compared to a real figure in our history, Conan is a mirror image of the Last King Mithridates Eupator VI, except that Conan doesnt lose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithridates_VI_of_Pontus.

Interesting fact, Pontus is a derivative of my last name Ponton. This is part of my family history as well. My family hasnt traced our lineage that far back to prove it unquestionably, but its there. :toast

howbouthemspurs
03-22-2011, 09:59 AM
loooks pretty good to me!

coyotes_geek
03-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Definitely a wait for cable flick.

lefty
03-22-2011, 10:27 AM
The fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc k ???????????????

baseline bum
03-22-2011, 10:27 AM
I'd rather see the first sequel..

mZHoHaAYHq8

LnGrrrR
03-22-2011, 11:06 AM
He MIGHT be able to pull it off... if they dye his hair jet black and he bulks up a lot more.

There's so many things in the novels/comics that Conan does, they could explore a ton of different options. Conan as a pirate, a thief, a mercenary, etc etc.

To me, the definitive Conan drawings were done by Boris Vallejo, but Joe Jusko had some nice ones too. And I like REH's stuff, but Robert Jordan has some nice novelizations IIRC.

Jt.ONE
03-22-2011, 11:48 AM
they need to bring back arnold for conan

Kamala
03-22-2011, 08:45 PM
the first conan movie rocked. James earl jones had that weird wig and all arnold said was CROMMMMM and that line about the lamendation of the women.

The 2nd film with Wilt Chamberlain and Grace Jones looking all like David Robinson was craptastic.

tlongII
03-22-2011, 09:55 PM
Dude isn't big enough. Arnold's immense size made the first movie.

4>0rings
03-22-2011, 10:17 PM
they need to bring back arnold for conan
Yeah, not happening.

http://www.shanghaiist.com/attachments/shang_shamus/Arnold%20Schwarzenegger.jpg

They need to bring back another huge guy that barely speaks English.

Johnny RIngo
03-22-2011, 11:33 PM
He MIGHT be able to pull it off... if they dye his hair jet black and he bulks up a lot more.

There's so many things in the novels/comics that Conan does, they could explore a ton of different options. Conan as a pirate, a thief, a mercenary, etc etc..

Unfortunately, it seems like the new film is rehashing the "revenge my parents" plot from the Ahnuld film.

To me, the definitive Conan drawings were done by Boris Vallejo, but Joe Jusko had some nice ones too. And I like REH's stuff, but Robert Jordan has some nice novelizations IIRC.

No Frank Frazetta? I like Jusko too, grew up reading titles featuring his cover art, but he sometimes goes OTT with those comic book style porportions. Vallejo's great though.

They will never find anyone for Conan better than Arnold; just like they will never be able to out cast predator 1. Was Arnold a shitty actor during Conan, Yes. Was he Conan, hell yes.

Arnold's Conan is a cinematic badass but he didn't pull the role off to perfection like he did with the Terminator. There's too many moments in the film where Conan comes off looking like a dumbass(especially worse in the second movie). It's not just Milius' writing either. Arnold too often displays that blank, half-retarded stare like he has no idea what's going on around him and acts like a dim-witted man-child throughout(maybe that's what Milius was aiming for?). The Conan from the books, while just as crass and uneducated, has moments of intuition/cunning not seen in the Milius movies.

Also, I'm not too high on the director(Marcus Nispel of Pathfinder/F13 remake) or the cheap production that's filming in Bulgaria to cut costs. Nispel's movies are clouded with those sepia and grey tones and feature that "so dark you can't see shit" cinematography. It works great when the characters aren't moving around too much but it's almost headache-inducing when the action speeds up(no doubt magnified due to the music video-type editing). Personally, I would have gone with Sergey Bodrov to helm the picture. Mongol felt more like a Conan film than either Milius' or Nispel's works.

phyzik
05-25-2011, 12:41 AM
Starting to change my mind with Momoa's performance in "Game Of Thrones" as Drogo...

And this newest trailer....

-UCDzvdmmDc

He might just be able to pull it off...

benefactor
05-25-2011, 06:09 AM
Eh...we'll see. Thor turned out better than I thought it would perhaps this will surprise me too.

monosylab1k
05-25-2011, 07:21 AM
So how is Conan pronounced? In the trailer they say it like Conan O'Brien, but all my life I never pronounced it like that. tbh I've never seen anything other than bits and pieces of the other Conan movies.

CubanSucks
05-25-2011, 02:46 PM
to they make an effort to make all these action movie trailers look EXACTLY the same? There is absolutely nothing interesting to me in that trailer. And I still think that dude looks too much like a neanderthal. He looks plenty tough but that forehead of his that protrudes an inch over his eyes is too much

CubanSucks
05-25-2011, 02:51 PM
So how is Conan pronounced? In the trailer they say it like Conan O'Brien, but all my life I never pronounced it like that. tbh I've never seen anything other than bits and pieces of the other Conan movies.

I was thinking the same thing. It's supposed to be pronounced Co-nan. Figures they'd fuck that up

Summers
05-25-2011, 10:42 PM
I do agree though that Mr. Mamoa's prime strength in the role is to get drooling women into the theaters. Solid business decision, and I have little doubt that calculus is outweighed by geeky outrage. (no offense intended)

:lol Very good point. This is one I'll agree to see. Still, Arnold must be rolling over in his... Oh, wait...

Spursfan092120
05-25-2011, 10:53 PM
http://www.thfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/triple_h_sledgehammer.jpg

Would have been better imho.

Stringer_Bell
06-18-2011, 01:14 AM
http://www.slashfilm.com/conan-barbarian-red-band-trailer/#more-105502

Finally, they show SOMETHING resembling a Conan film. If they can work in some more practical gore effects, this will be a solid popcorn flick and possibly not deserve all the hate the initial trailers deserved.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-18-2011, 02:42 AM
He sold me as Drogo. I have no doubt he will be a good Conan now.

Spurtacus
06-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Looks entertaining. Will wait for it to arrive on blu-ray though.

Blake
10-29-2014, 01:31 PM
I wanted my two hours of life back

The Reckoning
10-29-2014, 02:34 PM
He sold me as Drogo. I have no doubt he will be a good Conan now.

don't wanna go to the sidelines and talk to the ollllllllllllllllll ball coach, after det one!

RandomGuy
10-29-2014, 05:19 PM
I wanted my two hours of life back

That good?

Sounds like a good movie to drink beer and eat pizza to after the missus and kids go to bed.

Long as it has boobies and chumps getting hacked to death by a bad ass with a sword I would be happy.