PDA

View Full Version : If you support the orange of U of Texas ATX, you must be a moron

DickTraceyMatters
10-03-2010, 03:06 AM
UCLA ffffuckkkkkkkkked you

Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu pounded you in the ass prison style

fuck you tshirt fans
fuck atx
fuck liberal hippies

fuck anything and anyone north of hwy 46 you faggotts

The Reckoning
10-03-2010, 04:28 AM
or an alumnus/student. gtfo faggot.

its a bittersweet kind of deal. now that the tshirt fans are bailing, i actually have a little more pride in the school

samikeyp
10-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Let them bail. I say that even though by everyone's definition, I am one since I didn't go there. I guess being a fan since the mid 70's and staying one doesn't count with the some of the current crowd of football fans who tend to dismiss things like that. Fair enough. :)

LoneStarState'sPride
10-03-2010, 08:19 AM
or an alumnus/student. gtfo faggot.

its a bittersweet kind of deal. now that the tshirt fans are bailing, i actually have a little more pride in the school

Gotta go with the 'horn on this one. Glad to see the REAL Texas fans (who I have a ton of respect for) back up their school through adversity. Tshirt fans are the unfortunate price of success, for the most part.

Kudos, Reckoning :toast

samikeyp
10-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Do you feel that only those who went to a school are real fans? I knew I forgot something! :)

LoneStarState'sPride
10-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Do you feel that only those who went to a school are real fans? I knew I forgot something! :)

No, just that they have a more vested interest. I'm as huge of a Michigan fan as you'll find, but not being an alumnus, I wouldn't presume to be more invested in their success than someone who attended (like my mom). I know that's not always the case, but I've always been that way out of respect for those that actually went to that school.

Make a little sense?

samikeyp
10-03-2010, 09:04 AM
No, just that they have a more vested interest. I'm as huge of a Michigan fan as you'll find, but not being an alumnus, I wouldn't presume to be more invested in their success than someone who attended (like my mom). I know that's not always the case, but I've always been that way out of respect for those that actually went to that school.

Make a little sense?

Absolutely. Although I disagree slightly on who has more of a vested interest only because I don't think that is something that can be accurately determined in a general sense, IMO that is more of a person by person thing.

I do though, get a kick out of those who do think that for some reason I am less of a fan because I don't live in the same town of teams I root for or went to the college who's team I root for.

Personally to me, a gauge of a true fan is what they do when their teams of choice are doing poorly. Its easy to back a team when they are winning, true fans stay even when their team sucks.

LoneStarState'sPride
10-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Absolutely. Although I disagree slightly on who has more of a vested interest only because I don't think that is something that can be accurately determined in a general sense, IMO that is more of a person by person thing.

I do though, get a kick out of those who do think that for some reason I am less of a fan because I don't live in the same town of teams I root for or went to the college who's team I root for.

Personally to me, a gauge of a true fan is what they do when their teams of choice are doing poorly. Its easy to back a team when they are winning, true fans stay even when their team sucks.

Agree w/ yet another longhorn fan :D. Preach, samikeyP

samikeyp
10-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Agree w/ yet another longhorn fan :D. Preach, samikeyP

:lol :)

Hey, there are some things both sides agree on.

We both dislike Oklahoma, Notre Dame and Texas Tech. :tu

LoneStarState'sPride
10-03-2010, 04:48 PM
:lol :)

Hey, there are some things both sides agree on.

We both dislike Oklahoma, Notre Dame and Texas Tech. :tu

Word. I would much rather play y'all twice a year than see my campus overrun w/ techies every other year lol :lol

Halberto
10-04-2010, 07:08 AM
We'll be out of the cellar soon enough, don't worry.

stretch
10-04-2010, 07:49 AM
reloading year. it happens to everyone

the horns will be back in contention next year.

monosylab1k
10-04-2010, 08:20 AM
They look like any other Mack Brown coached Texas team that isn't led by an all-time great college QB. Unprepared soft quitters. Check that, extremely talented unprepared soft quitters.

Texas and Mack especially had the luck of VY/Colt back to back. Without a great QB to lead them, Texas (under Mack) has always been a collection of talent with no identity, unity, or fight in them.

Kermit
10-04-2010, 08:30 AM
I don't know that they quit this game (unlike the UCLA game) but fucking shit do those guys make a lot of mistakes (stupid penalties). Even the soft Texas teams of the early 00's didn't fuck up that much.

rjv
10-04-2010, 08:57 AM
i'm not really bothered by t-shirt fan until they start talking smack about another university or tradition. at that point, it's like: "really, what school did you go to ? "

Kermit
10-04-2010, 09:25 AM
i'm not really bothered by t-shirt fan until they start talking smack about another university or tradition. at that point, it's like: "really, what school did you go to ? "

lol jizz jar?

rjv
10-04-2010, 09:59 AM
lol jizz jar?

what can i say? the corps has a thing for their nads. must be a military thing.

not sure what traditions there are at wal mart u though.

Steve Kerr
10-04-2010, 10:15 AM
:lmao what the fuck is the jizz jar?

Kermit
10-04-2010, 10:17 AM
:lmao what the fuck is the jizz jar?

You don't want to know.

LoneStarState'sPride
10-04-2010, 11:21 AM
nvm, not worth getting into lol

The Reckoning
10-05-2010, 11:06 AM
^

:lmao

LoneStarState'sPride
10-05-2010, 11:54 AM
The only true ORANGE U of Texas atx is the university of Texas at Arlington, UT Austin is more of a burnt orange IMHO

Basically the op fails

Yeah, sure, whatever you say :lol

Brutalis
10-05-2010, 04:43 PM

Boom Shaka Laka

chode_regulator
10-08-2010, 09:51 PM

So if I was born and raised in Texas, would love to live in Texas my whole life yet live elsewhere at the moment, and only didn't attend UT bc I am pursuing an aviation degree I am somehow less of a fan?

LoneStarState'sPride
10-09-2010, 12:30 AM
So if I was born and raised in Texas, would love to live in Texas my whole life yet live elsewhere at the moment, and only didn't attend UT bc I am pursuing an aviation degree I am somehow less of a fan?

"fan" is not on the same level as alum/current student, so yes. sorry.

Bukefal
10-09-2010, 04:43 AM

Well said, that's true. Ive never been called a 't-shirt' fan. ( I didn't even know what it meant) until this week by two. Because Im from Europe and support the Longhorns.

Does it matter? I bet many on here support a team which is not from their hometown or is a college they never went to, maybe even those two.

As Samikeyp said very well. It does not make you a less of a fan if you don't live there or went to that college. Of course if it's your own college, it can be more intense, that's true. But it's more about what you do when they are doing poorly.

I love the Longhorns, I've supported them for a very long time. Though, Im more into UT Basketball.

People should be glad that even people from another state or as far from Southern Europe like their teams. Instead, they are making shit remarks about someone being less of a fan. :)

And who knows, maybe I'll go study in Austin for a while in the future. My university has excellent relations with UT.

bringbackmario
10-10-2010, 12:59 AM
Let them bail. I say that even though by everyone's definition, I am one since I didn't go there. I guess being a fan since the mid 70's and staying one doesn't count with the some of the current crowd of football fans who tend to dismiss things like that. Fair enough. :)

Thank you for a great post, the jackass that started this was obviously a cock gobblin probably from ou

MajorMike
10-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Thank you for a great post, the jackass that started this was obviously a cock gobblin probably from ou

Yup; I found his car for you.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p171/azpoke/Boomer-1.jpg

Obstructed_View
10-10-2010, 02:03 PM
or an alumnus/student.

:lol Well put. UT has more fans that have zero affiliation with the school than maybe any university in the country, at least when they're winning.

Props to the people that actually root for their school. :toast

Ballcox
10-12-2010, 09:57 AM
I've been going to UT football games since 1981, almost every game in person. This current situation we're in? It's nothing compared to some of horrible shit I sat through when McWilliams and the wine lover were our coachs.

We've had a great run of 10 win seasons, and I saw plenty in the 2nd half of the ou game to get optimistic about. It will be a bit of a re-building season, but we'll be right back in the mix soon enough. Hook'em!

samikeyp
10-12-2010, 10:50 AM
I guess someone needs to explain the whole "t-shirt" thing. I was under the impression it was just someone who didn't go to a school who wears that schools gear and somehow this is bad.

thanks in advance.
-confused in Lansing.

:)

LoneStarState'sPride
10-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Dear Confused:

As a rule, I just don't wear another school's gear when I have no personal connections to the university. I rep the maize and blue of Michigan cuz it's my mom's school, and I even wore Baylor's green and gold a little back in high school cuz my dad was working for BU at the time. Still, the overwhelming amount of college gear I own is the maroon and white of A&M.

Problem for me comes when a.) the colors of your own school are outnumbered by the colors of others in your wardrobe, or b.) excessive representation of a school with which you have no connection whatsoever.

Hope this was of some assistance to you, as this is a major point of confusion for many Americans today. :toast

Sincerely,

LSSP

MajorMike
10-12-2010, 01:59 PM
mikey, its the same thing we refer to as the 'Trailor Park Fans.' Everyone who has grown up inbred generation after generation and has no affiliation whatsoever with the school, but their pappy remembers the good ol days when all that existed was uo football. Therefore they know no better and don't acknowledge the rest of the world exists.

samikeyp
10-12-2010, 02:00 PM
LSSP...
Fair enough but I think where the problem lies is that some folks tend to enforce their rules onto others. I'm not saying you personally but others. There is no rule that says who someone can and cannot root for. I did not go to UT but have been watching Longhorn football since 1976. Living up here now, I follow Michigan State as well but not at the expense of my Longhorn fandom. The idea of someone using "we", "us" and "my school" in reference to a school they never attended is pretty silly to me but on by the same token, someone saying I am somehow less of a fan because I didn't attend that school is equally silly. (again, not you personally) The thing that I really don't like is (as I have stated in previous posts) people who are all about 1 team while that team is winning then jumping ship when that team is down. I don't get that but if someone wants to...its their choice.

samikeyp
10-12-2010, 02:01 PM
mikey, its the same thing we refer to as the 'Trailor Park Fans.' Everyone who has grown up inbred generation after generation and has no affiliation whatsoever with the school, but their pappy remembers the good ol days when all that existed was uo football. Therefore they know no better and don't acknowledge the rest of the world exists.

Yeah but with Oklahoma...all bets are off. :lol

That is one thing I want to know also...if its the University of Oklahoma...why the "OU" thing? :lol

MajorMike
10-12-2010, 06:46 PM
The official answer is that the B6 was trying to differentiate itself from everyone else WAY back in the day. All of the B6 schools decided to call themselves state first, which is why even tho they are all "University of ..." they all go by CU, NU, KU, MU.

Which is ghey, so they are still uo.