PDA

View Full Version : The Israelis Understand Border Control!

Wild Cobra
10-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Israelis kill Palestinian worker who sneaked in (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2013060961_apmlisraelpalestinians.html)

ChumpDumper
10-03-2010, 07:51 PM
They should probably understand some reasons why they are hated could have some merit.

RandomGuy
10-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Israelis kill Palestinian worker who sneaked in (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2013060961_apmlisraelpalestinians.html)

Translation:
"Durr, them Izralites shure do know how ta gard them borders. See, they done shot this feller who crossed 'llegilly". We wud be so much better off'n if we did that.

:rolleyes

Maybe I am missing the point of your thread, but you seem to be implying that the US should do that?

Do you support shooting unarmed civilians?

MiamiHeat
10-03-2010, 09:03 PM

Israel apparently does, that's the point of this thread.

Winehole23
10-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Do you support shooting unarmed civilians?The record is 100% clear on that. At one point WC said as much.

Later on I seem to recall he qualified himself by saying only that he was angry enough about immigration to shoot someone, not that he would ever actually do so, or something like that. I think he sort of put it down to a fit of pique (http://dictionary.die.net/pique).

Marcus Bryant
10-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Naturally the enemies of the Republic are individuals who travel thousands of miles and risk limb and life to work shit jobs for shit pay just so they can enjoy a better life for themselves and their families.

Once upon a time conservatives made much of the fact that great collectivist dreams turned into nightmares that required certain states to build walls and use deadly force to prevent residents from fleeing.

One would think that the fact that individuals still want to risk everything to emigrate to this country would be a validation of this country's greatness and what not.

Further, for someone who pops wood at the mere mention of globalization it is perplexing that they should have such an issue with this.

ElNono
10-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Condoning the murder of unarmed civilians... that's change we can believe in... :rolleyes

MannyIsGod
10-03-2010, 11:44 PM
They know border security so well they're constantly under attack.

:tu

xeromass
10-03-2010, 11:51 PM
So you imply that Iranians should pop those three hikers on the spot?

MiamiHeat
10-04-2010, 12:15 AM

technically it's not their border. they are still living on stolen land since the creation of the state of israel.

jacobdrj
10-04-2010, 12:43 AM
technically it's not their border. they are still living on stolen land since the creation of the state of israel.

Agreed... The Israelis should totally give the land back to Rome...

Hmm...

Stringer_Bell
10-04-2010, 04:07 AM

Creation. of Israel. Give land back - to who? What is the legal name of that entity which would assume control? Would it still be a world city? Do you trust that religious pilgrimages could still be made to Israel (or the territory formerly known as Israel)?

boutons_deux
10-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Just like in the US, all police/army shooting is Shoot to Kill, out of all proportion to the threat.

Israel long ago yield the moral high ground it occupied when the country was formed.

As with the police and financial crimes, it's reliable to assume that for every 1 punished, 100 or 1000 more go unpunished.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/10/israeli-court-soldiers-palestinian-boy-human-shield/

RandomGuy
10-04-2010, 07:50 AM

Well shit. That's what I get for not bothering to click on the link.

This is the article actually linked:

Mayor: Arsonist torch mosque in West Bank village
The mayor of a Palestinian village in the West Bank says arsonists have torched a local mosque.

The Associated Press

Related

RAMALLAH, West Bank —
The mayor of a Palestinian village in the West Bank says arsonists have torched a local mosque.

Mayor Ali Satawa says he believes hardline Jews from a nearby Israeli settlement are responsible because arsonists scrawled the word "revenge" in Hebrew on the mosque wall in Beit Fajjar.

The fire charred a dozen Muslim holy books, the Quran, and blackened parts of the mosque.

A tiny minority of hardline Jews often damage Palestinian property in the West Bank, either to frighten residents or to protest Israeli government policies.

Two other West Bank mosques have been torched since December. In one incident, police detained a group of extremist Jews.

Israeli police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said authorities were investigating Monday's incident.

I didn't know WC was all that concerned about extremists burning down mosques. ???

George Gervin's Afro
10-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Translation:
"Durr, them Izralites shure do know how ta gard them borders. See, they done shot this feller who crossed 'llegilly". We wud be so much better off'n if we did that.

:rolleyes

Maybe I am missing the point of your thread, but you seem to be implying that the US should do that?

he does support shooting illiegals

TeyshaBlue
10-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Whoa! Smells like link-failure.:lol

RandomGuy
10-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Whoa! Smells like link-failure.:lol

The irony is that the article linked showed, essentially, the oppression of the muslims in the occupied territory by fundamentalist whacko jews.

You can bet your ass that if it had been reversed, i.e. Palestinians burning down temples, it would have fit the Fox "News" narrative and you would have seen the standard conservative "ooh look at this" poo-flinging festival over it.

Shame that Fox "Propaganda" doesn't hold people it supports to the same moral standards as to its perceived enemies.

George Gervin's Afro
10-04-2010, 10:35 AM
The irony is that the article linked showed, essentially, the oppression of the muslims in the occupied territory by fundamentalist whacko jews.

You can bet your ass that if it had been reversed, i.e. Palestinians burning down temples, it would have fit the Fox "News" narrative and you would have seen the standard conservative "ooh look at this" poo-flinging festival over it.

Shame that Fox "Propaganda" doesn't hold people it supports to the same moral standards as to its perceived enemies.

Don't forget to include int he narrative that Obama supports the Palastinians and has left our allies out to to dry. That's my favorite...

Wild Cobra
10-04-2010, 02:29 PM

One could say which came first, the chicken or the egg.

It may be a vicious circle, but every time Israel tries to break the circle, they get attacked again.

I would say they have the security to reduce the attacks. I think it's pretty certain that the fences do reduce the attacks. Not propagate them.

MannyIsGod
10-04-2010, 02:31 PM
The acts of killing more Palestinians don't propagate terror?

LOL

We're talking about fences?

Did the fence do the killing?

LOL.

Wild Cobra
10-04-2010, 02:40 PM
The acts of killing more Palestinians don't propagate terror?

LOL

We're talking about fences?

Did the fence do the killing?

LOL.
Did you read the article? I'm assuming you didn't. Well, the link in the OP has a different story. Her is another link with the same story:

Israelis kill Palestinian worker who sneaked in (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ioi_0jtO9RjMwPNRoXNCndRPRq3gD9IKB8U00?docId= D9IKB8U00)

Israeli police said the Palestinians trying to enter Sunday ignored police orders to stop and fled. But an officer caught up with Kawazbeh. Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said he was shot after trying to grab the officer's gun, but it wasn't clear whether the officer fired or his gun discharged accidentally.

clambake
10-04-2010, 02:43 PM
did it discharge accidentally.......killing him in execution style?

MannyIsGod
10-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Did I read the article you failed to link? No.

He was killed trying to steal the fence's gun? Crazy shit. You should know better than go after the fence's gun.

Wild Cobra
10-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Did I read the article you failed to link? No.

He was killed trying to steal the fence's gun? Crazy shit. You should know better than go after the fence's gun.
No, I linked the article, but didn't realize it was to a page that changes daily. That's why I added the second link.

clambake
10-04-2010, 03:06 PM
whooosh