PDA

View Full Version : What do you think will be Miami's biggest obstacle this season?

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-03-2010, 01:55 PM
In terms of the franchise winning its second championship? I would like to hear your opinions please.

Ghazi
10-03-2010, 01:58 PM
1st championship*

And Lakers/ D-whistle not being a primadonna injury prone bitch

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-03-2010, 02:00 PM
I added Stern in the poll just for those angling for an NBA conspiracy. People may say David Stern will do everything in power to allow a Lakers-Heat Finals, but as we all know this theory has been shut down numerous times.

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-03-2010, 02:24 PM
I voted for injury and David Stern. An injury to any of the three will be a big blow for the Heat. Obviously their biggest strength is at the perimeter, Say Lebron goes down, I don't think Wade can lead this cast to a championship for the simple fact that defenses are simply going to collapse and focus on him and vice versa. With both on board, the task of containing either player is next to impossible and I'm being very humble about this. I don't think the league has ever seen its 1st and 2nd best players at their prime playing for the same team. Put it this way, imagine a smaller version of Jordan (Wade) and a much physical and better rebounding version of Magic (Lebron) playing together. Yeah it's really scary.

David Stern. I hear chuckle, but I'm not crazy. I think if David Stern can really affect an outcome of a series (I believe he does'nt btw) then I can see Boston advancing instead of Miami this year. Boston and LA has already started their story before the season even ended.

*Doc said the Lakers has never beaten his healthy starting 5
*Kobe fired and said the Celtics hasn't neither (referenced Bynum and Ariza)
* Celtics owner said he pursued Shaq as soon as he heard Kobe on TV saying he got 1 more than Shaq

Pretty smart if you ask me. Both teams are already playing with the media. Celtics-Lakers. Shaq-Kobe. Artest-Pierce. Garnett-Gasol. Doc-Phil Jackson. The animosity is there, the rich tradition is there, big market angle is there. You can pretty much build your own interesting stories with those matchups all day long if you ask me. I can see Stern milking this rivalry one last time before the Celtics dinosaurs becomes fully irrelevant in 2012.

Giuseppe
10-03-2010, 04:09 PM
...findin' a way to seed Dallas as their opponent once again.

z0sa
10-03-2010, 04:33 PM
I usually don't view "injuries" as an obstacle to be overcome. Although some players obviously have more of a propensity for injury, I think the Heat's biggest obstacles are both themselves and, going by the odds, LAL.

MIA will do well initially. They are going to be feeling better about the situation than perhaps, ever, because of its brand newness. What will be key is sustaining it, and not letting Wade, James, and Bosh's overall talent stifle the Heat's actual growth as a team. It will be very interesting seeing the Big 3 in close games: who controls the ball the most down the stretch, and who really takes over the scoring, especially as the season gets on.

I'm especially curious about the Lebron vs. Wade situation, of course, but how well Bosh fits in could be just as important, the rest of that hastily thrown together group notwithstanding.

Giuseppe
10-03-2010, 04:36 PM
I usually don't view "injuries" as an obstacle to be overcome.

Well, pish posh.

Big of ya, Z, very white bread of ya.

z0sa
10-03-2010, 04:41 PM
what?

btw, :lol at Stern, the evil emperor, standing in the way of the Heat. He's been hard at work moving the NBA into the "superteams" direction for some time now.

Steve Kerr
10-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Assuming this isn't a troll's poll, you'd have to be pretty retarded to list 7 obstacles for the Heat and not have lack of size as one of them.

JamStone
10-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Interior defense. Lack of size might not kill them with rebounding because LeBron and Bosh are good rebounders at their positions, but I think defending the interior consistently against really good C/PFs will be a problem, especially in the playoffs.

noob cake
10-03-2010, 07:55 PM
in the eyes of lakers homers, kobe winning ship over queenbron, dwhistle, and cbosh is enough to make him the GOAT

that sight will absolutely be sickening

Latarian Milton
10-03-2010, 08:22 PM
our biggest obstacle will be right inside our locker room imho. it ain't easy to accommodate 3 superstars tbh, especially when 2 of them always want the ball in their own hands. its pretty much like two virgin males pursuing one same girl tbh.

Giuseppe
10-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Oh, I get it:::Milt is allowed smack-dab "right inside our locker room"....but, Luva & I and Big Kool are ridiculed ceaselessly when we utter the "our" word.

If this don't beat all I have ever seen.

Darrin
10-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Chemistry, establishing a rotation, and a depth chart upfront.

RsxPiimp
10-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Chemistry is going to cost them a championship.

IronMexican
10-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Stern.

jacobdrj
10-04-2010, 12:46 AM
Uhh, lack of legit size and a post game?

21_Blessings
10-04-2010, 02:03 AM
http://213.215.107.236/magaziny/images/aktuality/stories/2005/Ludia/Sportovci/andrew_bynum_lakers_rihanna_2.jpg

Booharv
10-04-2010, 02:23 AM
21_Dickings>21_Blessings

Giuseppe
10-04-2010, 05:06 AM
Suns>Spurs

Sure.

greyforest
10-04-2010, 05:57 AM
People may say David Stern will do everything in power to allow a Lakers-Heat Finals, but as we all know this theory has been shut down numerous times.

Yes, this theory has been shut down numerous times since the Heat's blockbuster trade.

Wait, what?

Booharv
10-04-2010, 05:57 AM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4133/5050194483_5095c23c30_b.jpg

Let us proceed...

elemento
10-04-2010, 06:49 AM
lol @ dallas

Basketballgirl25
10-04-2010, 08:39 AM
I say Chemistry, Ego or inexperienced coach, not saying the coach is bad, because he isn't, but I can see him turning into L. Frank good team, but can't lead them to the finals

picc84
10-04-2010, 09:15 AM
in the eyes of lakers homers, kobe winning ship over queenbron, dwhistle, and cbosh is enough to make him the GOAT

that sight will absolutely be sickening

Woe be to this board when that happens, son.

Zelophehad
10-04-2010, 10:07 AM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4133/5050194483_5095c23c30_b.jpg

Let us proceed...

:lol

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-04-2010, 11:01 AM
If Kobe plays a great series (PER higher than 28/ 50% FG shooting) and beat a healthy Miami squad, then I wont' have any problem putting his performance ahead of Magic's NBA Finals MVP performance as a rookie. It should catapult his ranking from a Top 10 to a Top 5 player of all time.

And I laugh at the people questioning Miami's size. Ilgauskas, Magloire, Howard, Haslem, Bosh and Lebron are more than enough to hang with the Celtics and Lakers frontcourt. Chicago won 6 championsips with Bill Cartwright, Luc Longley, Bill Wennington and Bison Dele. Miami may not have a player like Rodman, but I think the trio of Bosh, Lebron and Haslem is more than enough to make up for that.

Miami has two of the best defenders at the perimeter position and Lebron and Wade ranked in the Top 3 category for the most efficient offensive player. They have shooters in place. Haslem and Howard are both relaible hustle guys. Lebron and Wade are great all around players. Bosh is a guaranteed 20 and 10 guy when Wade and Lebron are having an off night. Miami's philosophy has always been to play defense thanks to Pat Riley. Barring any major injury, no one can stop them.

Ashy Larry
10-04-2010, 11:24 AM
biggest threat is how are they going to play with ESPNs lips attached to their asses?? Gonna be hard to run the offense.

Giuseppe
10-04-2010, 11:26 AM
If Kobe

tee, hee. I remember when the "If Kobe" required ringin' sans Daddy. Then it was "If Kobe" required ringin' whilst keepin' Artest from implodin'.

The Celtics are waitin' on you, keed. Chop, chop.

21_Blessings
10-04-2010, 11:31 AM
tee, hee. I remember when the "If Kobe" required ringin' sans Daddy. Then it was "If Kobe" required ringin' whilst keepin' Artest from implodin'.

The Celtics are waitin' on you, keed. Chop, chop.

Hell of a ride. 2008 feels like it was forever ago.

:bking:lobt: :lobt: :lobt2::bking

Rummpd
10-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Why did you throw up the Mavs from the West? Spurs added Tiago Splitter, thumped Dallas last year and have proven championship mettle . . .

badfish22
10-04-2010, 01:17 PM
lol at spurfan getting upset about LeHeat_Dynasty adding Dallas to the poll

RsxPiimp
10-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Maybe ego will be an issue with these guys afterall.

The Heat went out of their way to showcase Dwyane Wade as the alpha dog prior to their preseason opener on Tuesday night, but LeBron James isn't ready to defer to his new teammate.

Wade went last in pregame introductions and when the Big Three posed for pictures James and Chris Bosh were on opposite sides of the long-time Heat superstar.

Regardless, LeBron admitted that he can't be a follower.

"I can't defer," James said. "I'm never in defer mentality."

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69439/20101006/lebron_i_cant_defer/#ixzz11W1bI8T9