PDA

View Full Version : Will Tim, Tony, and Manu still be involved after retirement?

TMTTRIO
10-03-2010, 07:49 PM
I've been thinking with many of the past Spurs joining the Spurs organization (Jacque Vaugn, Steve Kerr, Danny Ferry, Mario Ellie, etc.) either as an assistant coach or in the front office after they retire do you think any of our big 3 will? I heard Manu recently say he would probably like to go back to Argentina and might even think about going into politics so I don't think he's going to stay around. Plus he said that he would never like coaching because coaches are crazy :) . Tim I could see staying with the organization maybe as an assistant coach. As for Tony if he stays with the organization I could see him either working as an assistant coach or even somewhere in the front office.

dbreiden83080
10-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Like to see Tim coach eventually, he has the B-Ball mind for it. Who knows if he wants to do it.

Xevious
10-03-2010, 11:04 PM
I doubt it. As long as Tony is married to Eva, he's out of town as soon as he's off the Spurs' roster. Tim is probably too introverted to be a coach or even work in the front office. As for Manu, it really depends on whether he stays here or returns home.

Leonard Curse
10-03-2010, 11:11 PM
I doubt it. As long as Tony is married to Eva, he's out of town as soon as he's off the Spurs' roster. Tim is probably too introverted to be a coach or even work in the front office. As for Manu, it really depends on whether he stays here or returns home.

i was going to agree about timmy but phil jackson is a person i think about when i think timmy coaching! although phil is cocky hes not loud at all and if he could be that quiet and make it. duncan sure as hell can

LoneStarState'sPride
10-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Wait, when did we get Mario Elie back? Damn I need to pay more attention around here :P

roycrikside
10-03-2010, 11:23 PM
I've always said each of those guys have the personalities to be involved with the game after they retire.

Tim is a leader of men and has an excellent basketball mind. He could coach if he wanted to, but I doubt he'll have the patience to deal with young knuckleheads or the refs.

Manu has an innate feel of team chemistry and how the pieces should fit to make a roster work. He'd make a great GM in my opinion, but probably he'll return to his native Argentina to either go into politics or run either the national team or some club team.

Tony has the best business acumen of the three, with the marketing know-how and a sense of the big picture. He could be an owner, or at least the public face of a partnership group. Probably though his assets won't quite be enough and he'll have to settle for owning his French team.

dbreiden83080
10-03-2010, 11:35 PM

Well Eva can move back to SA as soon as Desperate Housewives is over, cause her career will be over as well...

Pauleta14
10-04-2010, 04:45 AM
Tony already said he doesn't wanna coach and IMO he doesn't have the personnality to do so...
I think he will concentrate on his team in France (ASVEL) and probably create a close realationship with the spurs (exchange...)

stnick2261
10-04-2010, 10:38 AM
I can't imagine Manu NOT doing something for his country after retiring... Duncan will probably get some courtside season tickets and spend the rest of his time playing video games.... Parker will probably keep a San Antonio home, but travel most of the time.

Just my opinions...

lefty
10-04-2010, 12:41 PM
i was going to agree about timmy but phil jackson is a person i think about when i think timmy coaching! although phil is cocky hes not loud at all and if he could be that quiet and make it. duncan sure as hell can
Yeah but PJ was a scrub during his playing days, so I guess he wanted to succeed as a coach

TD is one of the GOATest players; I think that he will prefer to spend more time with his family, and jerk off on Wolrds of Warcraft online

Brazil
10-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Idk for the big 3 but for Matt he has already a career on Spurs FO, he will be the coyote

westbound17
10-04-2010, 01:38 PM
I want Timmy to be Pop's assistant. :blah

Dex
10-04-2010, 01:53 PM
For some reason, I doubt Parker will be, being married to Eva and all. He'll probably do into the celebrity lifestyle. While Ginobili seems pretty enamored with the San Antonio community as well, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to Argentina.

Duncan is the only real obvious figure to stick around, but with Tim's demeanor, I don't see him going into coaching or anything, so he may just be a pop-in figure sort of like Robinson is now.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-04-2010, 02:10 PM
I'll say no on all three. I would expect Manu to stay active in the basketball scene but he'll probably be doing that in Argentina. Everything I've seen and heard about Tim makes me thing he'll drop off the face of the earth before the ink is dry on his retirement paperwork. Tony's a tough call. If he gets extended and plays out the rest of his prime in SA then maybe but he could just ass easily put his efforts towards the French NT after his career is done.