PDA

View Full Version : MRI for Splitter Tommrow?

FalleNxWiZarDx
10-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Heard it on the ticket

ElNono
10-03-2010, 10:09 PM
http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/590/draft_lens2778362module16768322photo_1235093847pan ic.jpg

EricB
10-03-2010, 10:13 PM
When did the Ticket start doing weekend programming?

greyforest
10-03-2010, 10:14 PM
http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/590/draft_lens2778362module16768322photo_1235093847pan ic.jpg

AG8fugqFn9Q

EricB
10-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Again, when did the local ticket start doing local programming on the weekends?

duncan228
10-03-2010, 10:23 PM

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/gifs/panic2.gif

rjv
10-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Again, when did the local ticket start doing local programming on the weekends?

they did a live feed from the open practice (walter and andy).

sa_butta
10-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Can we wait to see what happens before we panic?? nm that just isnt any fun...

Leetonidas
10-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Well, he pulled a muscle. I'm sure it's just a precautionary MRI like always

EricB
10-04-2010, 10:05 AM
they did a live feed from the open practice (walter and andy).

at 10 PM at night?

Dex
10-04-2010, 11:08 AM
He has a calf injury. The MRI is surely just precautionary to make sure it's not worse than it appears.

Now if the results come back terrible, we can start to get worried.

rjv
10-04-2010, 11:57 AM
at 10 PM at night?

hey, mr. OCD, all i am saying is that they were at the practice yesterday afternoon and they may have mentioned the MRI then. if not, then perhaps the poster meant to say friday. if you want to continue obsessing on how this was possible, so be it. no one is denying you your right to be pedantic

Russ
10-05-2010, 11:06 AM
No news is . . . ?

Leonard Curse
10-05-2010, 12:05 PM
anyone heard anything through osmosis or maybe the actual organization?

Thompson
10-06-2010, 08:35 AM
I'm assuming since we haven't heard anything that the MRI showed nothing serious.

Unless of course they're trying to sell as many season tickets as possible before the news breaks. #$&*!

FalleNxWiZarDx
10-06-2010, 09:31 AM
any updates?????

duncan228
10-06-2010, 02:43 PM
tiagosplitter (http://twitter.com/tiagosplitter)

Im getting better day by day... Cant wait to play this season...thanks for all the supporters!!

duncan228
10-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Splitter in the press.

In the West, there's no place like home (http://www.statesman.com/sports/pro/in-the-west-theres-no-place-like-home-958352.html)
By Mark Rosner

The San Antonio Spurs face a tug of war this season, with the desire for a strong playoff position pulling on one end and the goal of good health and fresh legs yanking at the other.

In recent seasons, as Tim Duncan has aged and suffered injuries, coach Gregg Popovich placed his superstar's physical condition above winning enough games to produce a home-court advantage in the playoffs.

Last season, Duncan averaged 31.3 minutes a game, the fewest during his 13 seasons and five fewer than his career average. Popovich has sometimes refused to play Duncan, 34, in back-to-back games when they are scheduled on consecutive days.

But now the Spurs, competing in the brutally tough NBA Western Conference, realize they should take the regular season more seriously.

"We want to be healthy and fresh when the playoffs start, but it's clear that with as many good teams as there are in the league now, it has become more difficult to win a playoff series on the road," Spurs general manager R.C. Buford said on the team's website. "So we're going to approach this season with an eye on doing as well as we can to secure homecourt advantage."

Enter Tiago Splitter, the Spurs' 25-year-old rookie center/forward. The Spurs snagged Splitter, a member of the Brazilian national team, late in the first round of the 2007 NBA draft, with the 28th pick. Contractual obligations in Spain lowered his draft position and kept him playing overseas until now.

The 6-foot-11-inch Splitter was the Spanish League's MVP last season. The Spurs don't claim that a future NBA superstar has landed in their laps, but they believe he can help the team significantly, either filling in for Duncan — Popovich vows to remain "judicious" with his star's minutes — or working in the same lineup.

"He's a blue-collar guy," Popovich said. "He's gonna have a long NBA career being a bulwark, the fiber of a basketball team. He rebounds, he plays defense, he runs the floor well. His best skill is his passing."

Splitter has been sidelined with a strained plantaris muscle in his lower right leg since Sept. 30, the third day of camp. He is expected to miss at least another 10 days, Popovich said. The Spurs open the regular season Oct. 27 against the visiting Indiana Pacers.

Duncan said he knows enough about Splitter to judge him.

"He does what our guards love," Duncan said. "He has great hands and he finishes around the basket."

The Spurs won their first two NBA championships, in 1999 and 2003, with one of the league's best-ever big man combinations — Duncan and David Robinson.

After Robinson retired in 2003, Duncan won two more titles while paired with the likes of Robert Horry, Rasho Nesterovic, Nazr Mohammed, Fabricio Oberto, Francisco Elson and Matt Bonner.

Now comes Splitter, who joins the frontcourt rotation with Duncan, Antonio McDyess, DeJuan Blair and Bonner. Splitter is capable of becoming Duncan's best sidekick since Robinson.

"I can fit in very well," Splitter said. "I can do a little bit of everything."

McDyess is 36 years old. Blair, beginning his second season, is undersized at 6-6, although he is said to have added low-post moves and shooting range to an offensive game built primarily on muscle around the basket.

Splitter is not much of a perimeter shooter, but he is polished at working with guards in the pick and roll, a staple of NBA offenses. He also guards the pick and roll well.

Splitter and Spurs guard Manu Ginobli play different positions, but Popovich detects similarities between the rookie and the hustling veteran.

"Tiago has the same heart as Manu," Popovich said. "That's who he is."

Juanobili
10-06-2010, 11:47 PM

:lobt2:

Killakobe81
10-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Splitter in the press.

In the West, there's no place like home (http://www.statesman.com/sports/pro/in-the-west-theres-no-place-like-home-958352.html)
By Mark Rosner

The San Antonio Spurs face a tug of war this season, with the desire for a strong playoff position pulling on one end and the goal of good health and fresh legs yanking at the other.

In recent seasons, as Tim Duncan has aged and suffered injuries, coach Gregg Popovich placed his superstar's physical condition above winning enough games to produce a home-court advantage in the playoffs.

Last season, Duncan averaged 31.3 minutes a game, the fewest during his 13 seasons and five fewer than his career average. Popovich has sometimes refused to play Duncan, 34, in back-to-back games when they are scheduled on consecutive days.

But now the Spurs, competing in the brutally tough NBA Western Conference, realize they should take the regular season more seriously.

"We want to be healthy and fresh when the playoffs start, but it's clear that with as many good teams as there are in the league now, it has become more difficult to win a playoff series on the road," Spurs general manager R.C. Buford said on the team's website. "So we're going to approach this season with an eye on doing as well as we can to secure homecourt advantage."

Enter Tiago Splitter, the Spurs' 25-year-old rookie center/forward. The Spurs snagged Splitter, a member of the Brazilian national team, late in the first round of the 2007 NBA draft, with the 28th pick. Contractual obligations in Spain lowered his draft position and kept him playing overseas until now.

The 6-foot-11-inch Splitter was the Spanish League's MVP last season. The Spurs don't claim that a future NBA superstar has landed in their laps, but they believe he can help the team significantly, either filling in for Duncan — Popovich vows to remain "judicious" with his star's minutes — or working in the same lineup.

"He's a blue-collar guy," Popovich said. "He's gonna have a long NBA career being a bulwark, the fiber of a basketball team. He rebounds, he plays defense, he runs the floor well. His best skill is his passing."

Splitter has been sidelined with a strained plantaris muscle in his lower right leg since Sept. 30, the third day of camp. He is expected to miss at least another 10 days, Popovich said. The Spurs open the regular season Oct. 27 against the visiting Indiana Pacers.

Duncan said he knows enough about Splitter to judge him.

"He does what our guards love," Duncan said. "He has great hands and he finishes around the basket."

The Spurs won their first two NBA championships, in 1999 and 2003, with one of the league's best-ever big man combinations — Duncan and David Robinson.

After Robinson retired in 2003, Duncan won two more titles while paired with the likes of Robert Horry, Rasho Nesterovic, Nazr Mohammed, Fabricio Oberto, Francisco Elson and Matt Bonner.

Now comes Splitter, who joins the frontcourt rotation with Duncan, Antonio McDyess, DeJuan Blair and Bonner. Splitter is capable of becoming Duncan's best sidekick since Robinson.

"I can fit in very well," Splitter said. "I can do a little bit of everything."

McDyess is 36 years old. Blair, beginning his second season, is undersized at 6-6, although he is said to have added low-post moves and shooting range to an offensive game built primarily on muscle around the basket.

Splitter is not much of a perimeter shooter, but he is polished at working with guards in the pick and roll, a staple of NBA offenses. He also guards the pick and roll well.

Splitter and Spurs guard Manu Ginobli play different positions, but Popovich detects similarities between the rookie and the hustling veteran.

Good article and it's good to hear that Pop/RC see the light. When the Spurs had the best defense in the NBA ...they could win without HCA ..but if they want to get to the WCF (or beyond) The spurs should shoot for the 3 seed in the West. With it they avoid Lakers until posibly the WCF and they may get a younger team that may fold under playoff presure in rounds 1 or 2 or possibly both. Maybe i have too much respect for the spurs (i know the Laker posters in the NBA forum think I do) but i think they have a shot at at least one last run ...

DBMethos
10-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Good article and it's good to hear that Pop/RC see the light. When the Spurs had the best defense in the NBA ...they could win without HCA ..but if they want to get to the WCF (or beyond) The spurs should shoot for the 3 seed in the West. With it they avoid Lakers until posibly the WCF and they may get a younger team that may fold under playoff presure in rounds 1 or 2 or possibly both. Maybe i have too much respect for the spurs (i know the Laker posters in the NBA forum think I do) but i think they have a shot at at least one last run ...

I agree, I'm glad that they might actually take HCA seriously for a change, and try not to throw so many damn games away.

temujin
10-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Bottom line, Splitter is going to miss most the training camp.

Not good.

hater
10-07-2010, 12:54 PM
so regular season matters?

duncan228
10-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Spurs' Splitter will not play on road trip (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/spurs_splitter_will_not_play_on_road_trip_10468167 9.html)
By Mike Monroe

Though the initial prognosis for Splitter indicated he would be re-evaluated seven to 10 days after straining the muscle on the third day of training camp, it may be another 10 days to two weeks before he is cleared to play.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/spurs_splitter_will_not_play_on_road_trip_10468167 9.html

ElNono
10-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Well, this sucks.

I hope he at least makes it to the last game against Houston before the season starts.

Leonard Curse
10-11-2010, 01:40 AM
"Tiago has the same heart as Manu," Popovich said. "That's who he is.":lobt2:

i think pop has been reading my posts lol jk no but seriously thats exactly what ive been preaching on spurstalk before he even got here!!! someone dig my old post up dammit

The Franchise
10-11-2010, 03:03 AM
Well, this sucks.

I hope he at least makes it to the last game against Houston before the season starts.

I do as well. With all the hype this kid has been getting I'm a little anxious to see what he's got.

boutons_deux
10-11-2010, 05:53 AM
Missing the pre-season means Tiago won't be playing much at all until January, if then, if past pre-season injuries of new players is any indication.

Manufan909
10-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Is it realistic to say Splitter will be ready opening night? I haven't heard much recently, except when Pop said two weeks a week after someone else said two weeks.

hater
10-11-2010, 12:25 PM
unfortunately Tiago just might be the new Ian Mahinmi

dougp
10-11-2010, 01:47 PM
unfortunately Tiago just might be the new Ian Mahinmi

That is not funny mouse.
:depressed :nope