PDA

View Full Version : Driftwood Winery

CosmicCowboy
10-04-2010, 12:05 PM
dang...what a great place to watch the sunset...went out there with a couple of friends Saturday...took a cheese/crackers/bread/tabouli, etc. picnic and smashed a few bottles of wine...It's a little bit of a drive from SA but the wines decent and the view is incredible...

http://www.driftwoodvineyards.com/

rjv
10-04-2010, 12:39 PM
and right by the salt lick at that.

bus driver
10-04-2010, 12:54 PM
i think i crashed the site.........

is this like a B&B?

CosmicCowboy
10-04-2010, 01:14 PM
i think i crashed the site.........

is this like a B&B?

No...vineyard, winery, and tasting room with outdoor seating...they have live entertainment most Saturdays...

mrsmaalox
10-04-2010, 01:31 PM
I've been to the wineries around Stonewall; I love the tastings at the Woodrose with the wine/chocolate pairings. I've driven the "Devil's Backbone" and stopped at all those little bars before---that's where this Driftwood winery is, right?

CosmicCowboy
10-04-2010, 01:36 PM
I've been to the wineries around Stonewall; I love the tastings at the Woodrose with the wine/chocolate pairings. I've driven the "Devil's Backbone" and stopped at all those little bars before---that's where this Driftwood winery is, right?

It's between Wimberly and Dripping Springs...about 8 miles north of Wimberly on Ranch Road 12.

MannyIsGod
10-04-2010, 02:35 PM
I think I remember going there and not being impressed by the wine. Best wine I've had in Texas is still probably the Chisholm trail cab reserve or the Sister Creek Muscat Caneli Reserve.

CosmicCowboy
10-04-2010, 02:41 PM
I think I remember going there and not being impressed by the wine. Best wine I've had in Texas is still probably the Chisholm trail cab reserve or the Sister Creek Muscat Caneli Reserve.

Their Sangiovese is quite good. The Longhorn Red is OK. I'm not big on whites so can't really speak to those...

Nate Dogg
10-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Just hit the east side of the LBC
On a mission tryin to find Mr. Cosmic C
Seen a sculpture with a noose at the winery
He wanted to hang my black ass in effigy