PDA

View Full Version : Jordan, Magic, Bird, Isiah...Which one was/is the biggest d*ck?

lefty
10-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Which one was/is the biggest dick?

Jordan punched 2 teammates in practice - Perdue and Kerr - and Perdue seems to be a nice guy.
And dont get me started on his HOF speech; he took shots at everybody- JVG for the "con man" comments (it was in fucking 1997), his HSbasketball coach who didnt pick him (because he want good enough) - hey, maybe he owes him because this is what motivated him, and he even flew the guy who had his spot :flipoff
Ever noticed that as a player, MJ misinterpreted everything that was said about him, just to find some extra motivation? I wouldnt be surprised if he did it on purpose; he was insecure

Magic is a fucking backstabber; he smiles and seems to be nice, but if you ever drop that soap...I'm sure some of his teammates wanted to punch him.
He is also trats his employees like shit

Don't get me started on Bird and Isiah.
(But I dont think Isiah was a backstabber like Johnson)

JamStone
10-04-2010, 01:59 PM
All of them are top of the line assholes. Part of their DNA, part of the make-up of fierce competitors. Part of the personality traits of guys who knew they were great and part of the feeling of entitlement of great players in an era where such players started to become revered and deified on a massive scale.

Isiah punched Bill Laimbeer in practice before. Interestingly though, I think most of Isiah's teammates still loved playing with him and liked him genuinely. I don't really know how Magic's teammates and Bird's teammates truly felt about them as people. I haven't heard too many damning things about them as teammates. But we've heard stories about how some of Jordan's teammates disliked him as a person. Plus, I think Jordan's experience in Washington really shed a bad light on Jordan as a person. Stuff that he did to Kwame Brown and that one story about how his Wizards teammates were happy when Jordan finally retired the last time.

It's tough to say. I would say all four were and probably still are enormous pricks. Jordan might be viewed as the biggest asshole because there are more stories about him being a dick to teammates. But I don't think any of the other three were far off in terms of their personalities and being dicks.

BRHornet45
10-04-2010, 02:11 PM
son if you replace the "is" with the "has" then I think we could already put Bird at the bottom of the list.

Ashy Larry
10-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Chamillionaire would probably say MJ

Rummpd
10-04-2010, 02:14 PM
A player not listed - Garnett

Giuseppe
10-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Bird:::though he was not disingenuous with his comportment. What you saw was exactly what was there. Magic tried to engage him in the moment and Bird would not play stinky finger with him. Magic was much like Bird,,,,but, whereas Bird did not have a game face, Magic did, and in the end ('84) it served him, and all of my Lakers Bros. to contentment.

lefty
10-04-2010, 02:27 PM
A player not listed - Garnett
KG is not a legend :D

lefty
10-04-2010, 02:31 PM
All of them are top of the line assholes. Part of their DNA, part of the make-up of fierce competitors. Part of the personality traits of guys who knew they were great and part of the feeling of entitlement of great players in an era where such players started to become revered and deified on a massive scale.

Isiah punched Bill Laimbeer in practice before. Interestingly though, I think most of Isiah's teammates still loved playing with him and liked him genuinely. I don't really know how Magic's teammates and Bird's teammates truly felt about them as people. I haven't heard too many damning things about them as teammates. But we've heard stories about how some of Jordan's teammates disliked him as a person. Plus, I think Jordan's experience in Washington really shed a bad light on Jordan as a person. Stuff that he did to Kwame Brown and that one story about how his Wizards teammates were happy when Jordan finally retired the last time.

It's tough to say. I would say all four were and probably still are enormous pricks. Jordan might be viewed as the biggest asshole because there are more stories about him being a dick to teammates. But I don't think any of the other three were far off in terms of their personalities and being dicks.

You are right, I forgot about Isiah puncching Laimbeer.
Although Isiah is the one who ended up being hurt :lol

While assholeness can be linked to greatness and competitiveness, there are some GOAT's who are classier (Duncan)
Bernard King could have been a GOAT if he wasnt injured; he seemed to be a great guy to be around.

As usual, great post Jamstone :toast

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
10-04-2010, 02:34 PM
It's funny, as big as a bunch of assholes they could be, we don't think of them that way unless we are haters and jealous. A least they aren't borderline criminals. The NFL is supposed to have its share of hoods, but I don't really pay attention to football much anymore.

monosylab1k
10-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Reporters in the locker rooms always said it was a tossup between Vinnie Johnson and Hakeem Olajuwon. Hakeem had an anaconda but he was also 7 feet tall, while Vinnie Johnson's was always rumored to hang past his knees down to the midpoint of his shins.

monosylab1k
10-04-2010, 02:59 PM
oh fuck I totally misread the thread title.

baseline bum
10-04-2010, 03:09 PM
I met them all in the 80s when I was a kid seeking autographs, and they were all pretty nice except Bird. Magic's the coolest celebrity I have ever met period; you can tell he really appreciates his fans.

lefty
10-04-2010, 03:14 PM
oh fuck I totally misread the thread title.
:lol

lefty
10-04-2010, 03:14 PM
I met them all in the 80s when I was a kid seeking autographs, and they were all pretty nice except Bird. Magic's the coolest celebrity I have ever met period; you can tell he really appreciates his fans.
How was Jordan?

And what was wrong with Bird? Maybe he is just too shy (I am just asking, maybe he was really mean :lol)

JamStone
10-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Reporters in the locker rooms always said it was a tossup between Vinnie Johnson and Hakeem Olajuwon. Hakeem had an anaconda but he was also 7 feet tall, while Vinnie Johnson's was always rumored to hang past his knees down to the midpoint of his shins.

And so the rumors went... what triggered Dennis Rodman's into his spiralling fall into insanity and wild turn into a freakshow was the moment he walked in on his then fiance and mother of his daughter getting pounded by Vinnie Johnson's rather large "piston."

jason54858
10-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Ask Chamillionare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4ZQERHL6ow&feature=player_embedded

Venti Quattro
10-04-2010, 07:34 PM
isiah was a dick until his front office days so.... :lol

Koolaid_Man
10-05-2010, 06:40 AM
You are right, I forgot about Isiah puncching Laimbeer.
Although Isiah is the one who ended up being hurt :lol

While assholeness can be linked to greatness and competitiveness, there are some GOAT's who are classier (Duncan)
Bernard King could have been a GOAT if he wasnt injured; he seemed to be a great guy to be around.

As usual, great post Jamstone :toast

Duncan was the SGOAT...Spurs greatest of all time...or you can call him the GFOAT (Greatest Faggot of all time) nothing more...Duncan seemes to have class because he's truly gay...most Homo's in the public eye try to come off ass really fun-loving. This is also the reason Duncan couldn't have played in the 80's era...he has no tough / mean streak in him...they would have turned him into a bitch to the point he would have come out the closet wear lipstick and stiletto's...I mean let's face it...he already has a rose tatoo on his back and a fucking tongue piercing for cying out loud...what more evidence do you need...:hat

Sorry Spur

phyzik
10-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Duncan was the SGOAT...Spurs greatest of all time...or you can call him the GFOAT (Greatest Faggot of all time) nothing more...Duncan seemes to have class because he's truly gay...most Homo's in the public eye try to come off ass really fun-loving. This is also the reason Duncan couldn't have played in the 80's era...he has no tough / mean streak in him...they would have turned him into a bitch to the point he would have come out the closet wear lipstick and stiletto's...I mean let's face it...he already has a rose tatoo on his back and a fucking tongue piercing for cying out loud...what more evidence do you need...:hat

Sorry Spur

"I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn't do anything, he didn't react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett's ass, and won the damn championship. You know what I'm sayin'? That's gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a ... he's a pimp."

-Ron Artest

The only real thing you can rag on Duncan about is that he prefers white meat over dark.

http://ballerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/amy_duncan.jpg

Giuseppe
10-05-2010, 10:32 AM
.......& he has failed chronologically repeating.