PDA

View Full Version : Spur fans, expect this season to be rough

tbonewalker
10-04-2010, 05:32 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/478857-san-antonio-spurs-2010-expect-their-western-conference-ride-to-be-rough

I made a previous thread on many of the points the author presents..

Among them:

- Teams will continue to go at Tony and George :bang

- Spurs fans will panic after another disappointing season for their beloved team.:downspin:

- In the playoffs, the Spurs starters failed in a miserable manner to contain the Phoenix bench, led by 6’4” shooter and disher Goran Dragic. :lol

- Head coach Alvin Gentry out dueled Popovich in their chess match:lmao

- Everyone will blame the Spurs demise this season on Duncan’s age, but the fact is that the Western Conference is bigger and better :ihit

- Phil Jackson would love to cause the Spurs’ to rebuild. :fishing

Will we ever address our weak points? Or will we continue to cover the holes with cheese?

Solid D
10-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Welcome tbonewalker. I approve of the handle, especially if you live up to the name in here.

The Spurs clearly have their work cut out for them. Many teams have improved. Let's keep a perspective here, though. The author of the Bleacher Report article, Lake Cruise (is this you?):

http://bleacherreport.com/users/378822-lake-cruise

Lake Cruise joined September 2010

About Lake Cruise

The ShortlistFavorite Athletes
Kobe Bryant

Favorite Sports Teams
L.A. Lakers, STL Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, STL Rams

Favorite Coaches
Phil Jackson, Tony Dungy, Mike Tomlin

AlleyOopNazi
10-04-2010, 05:54 PM
lol bleacher report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/423629-the-end-of-an-era-why-the-san-antonio-spurs-will-miss-the-2011-playoffs)
It should be Homer-report.com

rayray2k8
10-04-2010, 06:16 PM
:rolleyes

If the spurs are no longer a threat or are 'done', why do they try so hard to convince us? Or are they just trying to convince themselves? :lol

Under the radar... Just the way we like it. :toast

Fpoonsie
10-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Favorite Sports Teams
L.A. Lakers, STL Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, STL Rams

:rollin

That's quite a list.

Obstructed_View
10-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Reality isn't something you have to force on people, which is why Kobe Bryant is the greatest complimentary player in the NBA despite years of people attempting to convince everyone otherwise.

NRHector
10-04-2010, 08:26 PM
reality isn't something you have to force on people, which is why kobe bryant is the greatest complimentary player in the nba despite years of people attempting to convince everyone otherwise.

+1

tbonewalker
10-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Reality is that the Lakers are over there threepeating again while we aren't even built to withstand a 7 game series against UTH, PHO, DAL, HOU, or OKC. OKC, we can probably get by them only if we have home court.

TimmehC
10-04-2010, 09:02 PM
http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy32/Sonicbowling/TROLL.jpg

tbonewalker
10-04-2010, 09:08 PM
"Great idea, lets call this new Spur fan a troll so that we can continue pretending like we are contending..."

What do we do about Tony and George? Stand pat and expect different results?

Obstructed_View
10-04-2010, 09:17 PM
The only reason I didn't think this was a Fabbs troll is that he managed to spell out people's names without some idiotic nickname.

EMS33
10-04-2010, 09:18 PM
This guy is a joke. By far the worst article I have read. Nothing he says has and kind of reasonable logic behind it.

ElNono
10-04-2010, 09:20 PM
The only reason I didn't think this was a Fabbs troll is that he managed to spell out people's names without some idiotic nickname.

Shut up Obstetric Vue... :lol

ElNono
10-04-2010, 09:21 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3498/3854550004_a0e6bfa316.jpg

Nathan89
10-04-2010, 09:23 PM
You might be the only spurs fan worried about the pg position. The spurs are stacked at point.

Obstructed_View
10-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Shut up Obstetric Vue... :lol

I don't think Fabbs has gotten clever enough to make fun of posters, he usually just has a dumbass name for players or the coach. I think he just posts up pictures of Simpsons characters for posters that disagree with him.

tbonewalker
10-04-2010, 09:33 PM
You might be the only spurs fan worried about the pg position. The spurs are stacked at point.

What?! Bro, we just got torched by the Suns PG(s) for four straight games. How are we stacked at point?

Stacked with what? Shoot-first PG's with zero defensive skills? This worked when we had Bowen to cover up for a lot of our perimeter defense issues with Parker but it won't work without him.

No Bowen? No ring...

sananspursfan21
10-04-2010, 10:05 PM
What?! Bro, we just got torched by the Suns PG(s) for four straight games. How are we stacked at point?

why you keep saying we? you dont play for the spurs

spurs10
10-04-2010, 10:25 PM
This article is actually quite well written, when you consider the author was likely getting skull-fucked by Kobe Bryant while he was writing it. Also, T Bone Walker was probably the most imitated electric guitarist of all time and one of the greatest Texans to have ever lived. If you're going to borrow his name, think carefully about what you say.....very lame article by any standard. People should be worried about Tony... because payback is always a bitch....he will be going for the throat. Yes, your boy Goran had a great game (with the operable word being "a'). Won a lot of championships and Finals MVP awards, hasn't he.

Sean Cagney
10-04-2010, 10:52 PM
LOL at a Steelers and Cowboys fan in one! Is that possible after their three meetings in the SB? Guess he just likes teams that win titles from that there! Surprised he is not a 49ers fan as well or a Yankees fan like most fairweather idiots are.

Trill Clinton
10-04-2010, 10:55 PM
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx100/MABOcho/hahaha_didnt_read.gif

SequSpur
10-04-2010, 11:28 PM
oh, it will be rough...cuz, i am all over this season..

history2b
10-04-2010, 11:37 PM
This is one of the best articles I've read on the Spurs this entire summer.

1) It's realistic... you know, the opposite of homeristic. That said I'm positive that this will not be well received on Spurstalk.

If the article was written by a Spurs homer hyping up the irrelevant Spurs who in reality have zero shot at the title this year, everyone here would be lapping it up like Angelenos lap up Pink Berry.

But it was not and so it is a "terrible" article.

GUARANTEED: 9 months from now this article will be closer to what transpired in the 2010-11 season than what fans here think will happen.:fishing

ironman2886
10-04-2010, 11:48 PM
What's up History2b? Did you get banned from the Spurs ESPN messageboard? So obsessed with spurs fans you also join spurstalk? LOL. You are a loser just like your friend the OP.

DPG21920
10-04-2010, 11:51 PM
This is a troll. He had an avatar of Kobe holding his trophies and just now switched it to Tim when he realized yall were taking this serious.

ironman2886
10-04-2010, 11:54 PM
This is a troll. He had an avatar of Kobe holding his trophies and just now switched it to Tim when he realized yall were taking this serious.
I know. His screen name on the Spurs ESPN messageboard is Shaolin_Fighter. He is an obsessed laker troll. He has the exact same thread on the spurs board on ESPN. History2b is his partner in crime. They are both obsessed with the spurs and their fans.

tbonewalker
10-05-2010, 12:32 AM
I've settled on one now.

:lobt2::lobt2:in a row ... Soon to be:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: in a row.

history2b
10-05-2010, 12:38 AM
What's up History2b? Did you get banned from the Spurs ESPN messageboard? So obsessed with spurs fans you also join spurstalk? LOL. You are a loser just like your friend the OP.

Well well well, if it isn't the Preseason Warrior Ironman2886!!

Back for another preseason to talk up the Spurs eh? Then come January when the Spurs are sputtering you'll disappear? You were a ghost come playoff time.

And to think of all the things you argued with me about this time last year:

* I said Richard Jefferson was a poor role player, not fundamentally sound enough to fill a legitimate role for this Spurs team, you cried otherwise.

* I said Tony Parker was not even close to top 3 PG in the league, you despited that till you were blue in the face.

* Said the Spurs weren't contenders and that only the Lakers, Celtics, Cavs and Magic were contenders. You bemoaned this notion.

* Said Tim Duncan had declined enough to take the Spurs out of the running.

I mean really, did you get anything right?? My track record speaks for itself which is why the Spurs fan base is so easily disturbed with what I have to say; because it is all true.

Leonard Curse
10-05-2010, 12:41 AM
This is one of the best articles I've read on the Spurs this entire summer.

1) It's realistic... you know, the opposite of homeristic. That said I'm positive that this will not be well received on Spurstalk.

If the article was written by a Spurs homer hyping up the irrelevant Spurs who in reality have zero shot at the title this year, everyone here would be lapping it up like Angelenos lap up Pink Berry.

But it was not and so it is a "terrible" article.

GUARANTEED: 9 months from now this article will be closer to what transpired in the 2010-11 season than what fans here think will happen.:fishing

if yall make it to the finals this year you will lose your center is a bust its pretty sad considering he was the new shaq the best player on your team is pau gasol kobes done with his third knee surgery and arthritic fingers on his shooting hand he hasnt had to play with arthritis for 82 games yet... doesnt look good! oh yeah and our "scrub" tiago splitter bitched your most beloved odom who now just plain sucks oh and by the way good luck with your 37 yr old pg

Leonard Curse
10-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Well well well, if it isn't the Preseason Warrior Ironman2886!!

Back for another preseason to talk up the Spurs eh? Then come January when the Spurs are sputtering you'll disappear? You were a ghost come playoff time.

And to think of all the things you argued with me about this time last year:

* I said Richard Jefferson was a poor role player, not fundamentally sound enough to fill a legitimate role for this Spurs team, you cried otherwise.

* I said Tony Parker was not even close to top 3 PG in the league, you despited that till you were blue in the face.

* Said the Spurs weren't contenders and that only the Lakers, Celtics, Cavs and Magic were contenders. You bemoaned this notion.

* Said Tim Duncan had declined enough to take the Spurs out of the running.

I mean really, did you get anything right?? My track record speaks for itself which is why the Spurs fan base is so easily disturbed with what I have to say; because it is all true.

by the way kobe seems destined with all his knee surgeries and crooked fingers to be the new tracy mcgrady this season ive been waiting along time to see this. pretty sad considering manus more healthy than kobe these days

history2b
10-05-2010, 12:53 AM
if yall make it to the finals this year you will lose your center is a bust its pretty sad considering he was the new shaq the best player on your team is pau gasol kobes done with his third knee surgery and arthritic fingers on his shooting hand he hasnt had to play with arthritis for 82 games yet... doesnt look good! oh yeah and our "scrub" tiago splitter bitched your most beloved odom who now just plain sucks oh and by the way good luck with your old pg

Yet another example of a typical Spurs fan intelligence level.

If the Lakers don't make it to the Finals this year it won't be at the hands of the Spurs, guaranteed.

Every single point you attempted to make was pertinent to last season;

- Kobe had arthritis and a bum knee: evidence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhqZIxBusWs)
- Bynum was playing on one leg: evidence (http://www.nba.com/lakers/photos/10seasonreview_bynum.jpg)
- Old man Fisher did what? This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8C0-8dAx5A)

And Tiago "Twinkie" Splitter? LMFAO!! Luis Scola exposed that fraud a couple of weeks ago. Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RjxZSs4l6g)

Now if any other Spurs fan wants to get shredded like fresh mozzarella, please let me know.

Leonard Curse
10-05-2010, 01:02 AM
so are you saying everything i said was false

Leonard Curse
10-05-2010, 01:02 AM
are you saying were wrong for relying on ifs??because thats what your team is doing as well

Leonard Curse
10-05-2010, 01:04 AM
for all you know phil jackson will croak this season, if gasol is injured your season is done and you know it so no one is a lock to go to the finals

Leonard Curse
10-05-2010, 01:08 AM
Yet another example of a typical Spurs fan intelligence level.

If the Lakers don't make it to the Finals this year it won't be at the hands of the Spurs, guaranteed.

- Kobe had arthritis and a bum knee: evidence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhqZIxBusWs)
- Bynum was playing on one leg: evidence (http://www.nba.com/lakers/photos/10seasonreview_bynum.jpg)
- Old man Fisher did what? This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8C0-8dAx5A)

And Tiago "Twinkie" Splitter? LMFAO!! Luis Scola exposed that fraud a couple of weeks ago. Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RjxZSs4l6g)

Now if any other Spurs fan wants to get shredded like fresh mozzarella, please let me know.
i dont expect you to understand intelligence and reason , your citys so polluted you people cant possibly have an average iq anyway back to the argument do you see spurs fans going after the nets forum and pleading our case as to why they wont make the eCF? hell no you know why because were not scared of them and the only reason people do such things are out of fear! your all rimmed out get out of here and go gather information from your sheeple

Man In Black
10-05-2010, 01:21 AM
Seriously...this guy is a writer?

Let's start at the top:

The San Antonio Spurs enter this season with a worse overall team than last year in comparison to the Western Conference improvements.

The Dallas Mavericks, the Houston Rockets, the Memphis Grizzlies, the Oklahma City Thunder, the Phoenix Suns, and the Portland Trailblazers all sport improved footing.

Note how the author(I say that loosely) doesn't list any players or reasoned logic. The article says "sport improved footing" but that's really a lie. One cannot say with any semblance of truth that Phoenix losing Stoudamire doesn't hurt them at all. Is there any uncertainty Houston with Yao coming back after taking a year off due to foot surgery. Memphis accomplished what exactly other than increase their payroll with the same players? And Dallas fan can attest, that Dallas became the 1st #2 seed ever to lose to a #7 and the Thunder...that one I agree with but maybe it's because they have former Spur Front Office Wunderkind, Sam Presti, at their controls. Other than OKC, the rest of that "improved footing" statement is utter BS.

I'll dissect the rest of this BS "fluff" piece but c'mon for the article to end like this:

And folks are sleeping on the mega-talented Lakers draftees: rookies Derrick Caracter and Devin Ebanks.
So what makes them mega-talented? Is it the same reason that Steve Blake(r) is suddenly a stand out defender now that he(like them) dons Forum Blue & Gold uniforms?

Leonard Curse
10-05-2010, 01:23 AM
@history2b
oh lookie what i found once again the best center of all time "bynum" the one who will be better than dwight howard is now saying he doesnt think he should play until december !!!! wow 3 months without your starter well it doesnt suprise me he hasnt been healthy a whole season since high school what a scrub it also says that kobes knee isnt feeling too good wait .... and what happend??

oh yeah thats right WALTONS injured once again bahahahaha looks like that 1st place spot doesnt look like much of a lock now does it bitch oh nvrmnd blake and barnes will become allstars http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-20101004,0,2229456.story?track=rss

Man In Black
10-05-2010, 01:42 AM

- Kobe had arthritis and a bum knee: evidence
- Bynum was playing on one leg: evidence
- Old man Fisher did what? This

This is all you got for backup? Seriously...
Let's talk TODAY:
-Kobe http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5649550
Knee at 60%
-Bynum http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-20101004,0,1854303.story
Could be out until December
-Fisher Do I need an article for him? He's older, was never an ALL-NBA defender and you guys see Steve Blake(r) as a standout defender

If this is all you got history, well at least you're aptly named...you are good at PAST TENSE.

history2b
10-05-2010, 01:54 AM
This is all you got for backup? Seriously...
Let's talk TODAY:
-Kobe http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5649550
Knee at 60%
-Bynum http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-20101004,0,1854303.story
Could be out until December
-Fisher Do I need an article for him? He's older, was never an ALL-NBA defender and you guys see Steve Blake(r) as a standout defender

If this is all you got history, well at least you're aptly named...you are good at PAST TENSE.

Today? lol the first day of the preseason?

In the process of ramping up your play to run from October to mid June, easing into things would appear to make sense. You have to understand that our players are gearing up to play deep in the playoffs not get bounced out in the 1st or 2nd round mid level teams like the Suns or the Mavs. I want the Lakers to be slow out of the gate and turn it up late in the season as usual.

And the name is history-2-b as in no past tense. Another "sharp" Spurs fan I see. I'm shocked.:wow

Leonard Curse
10-05-2010, 01:56 AM
watch out maninblack!!...... history2b has to go look up information so he can come back and "shred us" with his intelligence. what a weak bum

Leonard Curse
10-05-2010, 01:59 AM
@history2b it took you a good hour to write that???? please give it up your not a savant nor do your arguments make much sense!!! i hope i can stay awake to see another reply

Man In Black
10-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Today? lol the first day of the preseason?

In the process of ramping up your play to run from October to mid June, easing into things would appear to make sense. You have to understand that our players are gearing up to play deep in the playoffs not get bounced out in the 1st or 2nd round mid level teams like the Suns or the Mavs. I want the Lakers to be slow out of the gate and turn it up late in the season as usual.

And the name is history-2-b as no past tense. Another "sharp" Spurs fan I see. I'm shocked.:wow

The fact that I have to explain it to you shows how dumb you really are.
You said that every point that was made was pertinent to LAST SEASON. Then you give us a ridiculous collage of vids and pics that say that the LAL was gifted yet another title by the refs. We know that... check.

But the links I posted to your points that was pertinent to LAST SEASON, show that this season, Kobe is at 60% today. Bynum himself is worried about not playing until December. Backslide all you want, but that shit you talked about last season, is happening RIGHT NOW. :wow OPEN YOUR EYES.

Who cares about 2B? You've ALREADY proven that you are already idiotic and myopic and the fact that you talked about last season, means that you're talking PAST TENSE. I say, let's talk Present tense. There is no long time Spurs Core player coming off of surgery. You have 2, with a 3rd hobbled by a bad back. But whatever...don't be sad that a Kobe led team will be the 1st Phil Jackson team to not win a 3peat. I won't be. :king

history2b
10-05-2010, 02:27 AM
The fact that I have to explain it to you shows how dumb you really are.
You said that every point that was made was pertinent to LAST SEASON. Then you give us a ridiculous collage of vids and pics that say that the LAL was gifted yet another title by the refs. We know that... check.

But the links I posted to your points that was pertinent to LAST SEASON, show that this season, Kobe is at 60% today. Bynum himself is worried about not playing until December. Backslide all you want, but that shit you talked about last season, is happening RIGHT NOW. :wow OPEN YOUR EYES.

Who cares about 2B? You've ALREADY proven that you are already idiotic and myopic and the fact that you talked about last season, means that you're talking PAST TENSE. I say, let's talk Present tense. There is no long time Spurs Core player coming off of surgery. You have 2, with a 3rd hobbled by a bad back. But whatever...don't be sad that a Kobe led team will be the 1st Phil Jackson team to not win a 3peat. I won't be. :king

Talk about dumb if you think that Kobe being "60%" on October 4th, 2010, 3+ weeks before the season starts? lol.

I addressed the facts that the Lakers won the championship despite all of the things your mentally deficient friend attempted to point out as cause for concern for the back to back NBA Champions.

Are you following along?

So when we talk about the Lakers, we're always assumed it is with the long term in mind, not preseason talk.

I'm going to bookmark this little thread and come June I want you talk to me about this again, ok?

And for the name history2b, it was for clarification purposes since you clearly did not read into the name correctly.

Chieflion
10-05-2010, 02:32 AM
Last season, the Spurs got swept by the Suns, the series could have gone both ways just as easily as it could have been a sweep. The Lakers would have lost to the Suns if it were not for Jason Richardson not knowing how to box out Ron Artest, same thing for the Thunder series and could have lost to the Celtics when the Celtics were up going into the 4th quarter. The lucky Los Angles Lakers and their cocky Laker fans were then able to celebrate the 2010 NBA championship.

While I don't buy that the Spurs are necessarily contenders, statistical measures last season have shown that they are contenders. If anyone believes that the Lakers are championship contenders, one must admit that statistically, the Spurs are also one of the best in the NBA. One must also recognize that the NBA playoffs are all about matchups and sometimes good fortune and it is no wonder the Spurs lost to the Suns because we were not fast and quick enough and the Suns were hot from 3 the entire series.

The Spurs were rated a 5.07 via the SRS, Simple Rating System, good for 4th in the NBA. The Lakers were a 4.78 via the SRS, good for 5th in the NBA. Both teams had injury concerns throughout the season, so injuries are just an excuse for the Lakers having a lower SRS than the Spurs. For a simpler translation to team records, the Lakers' 57-25 record in the 2009-2010 season would be 54-28 through the Pythagorean Wins formula. The Spurs' 50-32 record would be a 55-27 through that same formula because of point differential. Obviously, no one can argue against facts. So, lets move on.

In the West, the Spurs were also the only team to be top 10 in both offensive (higher the better) and defensive (lower the better) ratings, with 110 and 104.5 respectively for offensive and defensive ratings. The Lakers were 108.8 and 103.7 for offensive and defensive ratings. The Spurs, via this ratings which were converted through points scored per 100 possessions and points against per 100 possessions have a higher point differential in 2010 than the Los Angeles Lakers.

Although you can't argue about pace now, the Lakers are a 92.8 possessions per game team, which is 14th fastest in the league, compared to the Spurs, which were a 91.7, which is 20th in the league. Both teams have only a differential of about 1.1 possessions a game, so don't come complain about math here.

Throughout draft and free agency, both the Spurs and Lakers made key additions to their lineups. The Spurs drafted James Anderson, big 12 player of the year and signed draft pick of 2007 best big man in Europe in Tiago Splitter. The Spurs also signed free agents, Gary Neal and Bobby Simmons, both excellent shooters from beyond that 3 point line.

The Lakers have done a few things themselves too, signing Steve Blake and Matt Barnes, both good 3 point shooters themselves and drafted 2nd round picks, Devin Ebanks and Derrick Caracter.

Now, if you want to call Devin Ebanks and Derrick Caracter, both 2nd rounders, mega-talented, it would be an absolute joke. While Ebanks was touted to be a late 1st round pick, while Caracter a 2nd rounder, both do not have the accolades that James Anderson has. The average 43rd pick in the NBA would have a 60% chance of being a non-contributer to an NBA team, the pick number of Ebanks. The average 58th pick, which is Derrick Caracter's pick position, has a 0% chance of not contributing to any NBA team, so Caracter, for now, is useless to any NBA team, absolutely useless at least . To sum it up using the rating system in 82games, the average 43rd pick, has a rating of 7.8 while the average 58th pick has a rating of 1.3, which is the worst out of the whole rating system, which is based on basic stats.

Let's take a look at the average 20th pick, which has a 50% chance of contributing to the NBA and has a 10.2 rating, higher than both the 43rd and 58th pick combined. Enough said, the Spurs lone draft pick has a higher success rate than both the 43rd and 58th pick combined. Of course, you can't argue facts so kindly just get out of the Spurs forum if you can't come up with constructive criticism if you can't come up with facts to support your argument.

Man In Black
10-05-2010, 02:42 AM
I disregarded the 2b part...INTENTIONALLY. Because the only history to be made is, again, a Bean led team will be the 1st PJax team to not get a 3peat. Book that!

Talk about dumb if you think that Kobe being "60%" on October 4th, 2010, 3+ weeks before the season starts? lol. Sugarcoat it all you want, why is it that Bean himself says it? Kobe said his knee was "extremely, extremely painful during the NBA Finals." Said he feels better, but is at about "60%" tonight."
That's not made up drivel, that's reality coming from Bean himself.

iManu
10-05-2010, 06:56 AM
Whatever the case, the Spurs are built to beat the Lakers. I have no doubt about that.

Leonard Curse
10-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Last season, the Spurs got swept by the Suns, the series could have gone both ways just as easily as it could have been a sweep. The Lakers would have lost to the Suns if it were not for Jason Richardson not knowing how to box out Ron Artest, same thing for the Thunder series and could have lost to the Celtics when the Celtics were up going into the 4th quarter. The lucky Los Angles Lakers and their cocky Laker fans were then able to celebrate the 2010 NBA championship.

While I don't buy that the Spurs are necessarily contenders, statistical measures last season have shown that they are contenders. If anyone believes that the Lakers are championship contenders, one must admit that statistically, the Spurs are also one of the best in the NBA. One must also recognize that the NBA playoffs are all about matchups and sometimes good fortune and it is no wonder the Spurs lost to the Suns because we were not fast and quick enough and the Suns were hot from 3 the entire series.

The Spurs were rated a 5.07 via the SRS, Simple Rating System, good for 4th in the NBA. The Lakers were a 4.78 via the SRS, good for 5th in the NBA. Both teams had injury concerns throughout the season, so injuries are just an excuse for the Lakers having a lower SRS than the Spurs. For a simpler translation to team records, the Lakers' 57-25 record in the 2009-2010 season would be 54-28 through the Pythagorean Wins formula. The Spurs' 50-32 record would be a 55-27 through that same formula because of point differential. Obviously, no one can argue against facts. So, lets move on.

In the West, the Spurs were also the only team to be top 10 in both offensive (higher the better) and defensive (lower the better) ratings, with 110 and 104.5 respectively for offensive and defensive ratings. The Lakers were 108.8 and 103.7 for offensive and defensive ratings. The Spurs, via this ratings which were converted through points scored per 100 possessions and points against per 100 possessions have a higher point differential in 2010 than the Los Angeles Lakers.

Although you can't argue about pace now, the Lakers are a 92.8 possessions per game team, which is 14th fastest in the league, compared to the Spurs, which were a 91.7, which is 20th in the league. Both teams have only a differential of about 1.1 possessions a game, so don't come complain about math here.

Throughout draft and free agency, both the Spurs and Lakers made key additions to their lineups. The Spurs drafted James Anderson, big 12 player of the year and signed draft pick of 2007 best big man in Europe in Tiago Splitter. The Spurs also signed free agents, Gary Neal and Bobby Simmons, both excellent shooters from beyond that 3 point line.

The Lakers have done a few things themselves too, signing Steve Blake and Matt Barnes, both good 3 point shooters themselves and drafted 2nd round picks, Devin Ebanks and Derrick Caracter.

Now, if you want to call Devin Ebanks and Derrick Caracter, both 2nd rounders, mega-talented, it would be an absolute joke. While Ebanks was touted to be a late 1st round pick, while Caracter a 2nd rounder, both do not have the accolades that James Anderson has. The average 43rd pick in the NBA would have a 60% chance of being a non-contributer to an NBA team, the pick number of Ebanks. The average 58th pick, which is Derrick Caracter's pick position, has a 0% chance of not contributing to any NBA team, so Caracter, for now, is useless to any NBA team, absolutely useless at least . To sum it up using the rating system in 82games, the average 43rd pick, has a rating of 7.8 while the average 58th pick has a rating of 1.3, which is the worst out of the whole rating system, which is based on basic stats.

Let's take a look at the average 20th pick, which has a 50% chance of contributing to the NBA and has a 10.2 rating, higher than both the 43rd and 58th pick combined. Enough said, the Spurs lone draft pick has a higher success rate than both the 43rd and 58th pick combined. Of course, you can't argue facts so kindly just get out of the Spurs forum if you can't come up with constructive criticism if you can't come up with facts to support your argument.

im glad you took care of this ebanks caracter bullshit before it got out of hand i mean really? they think they found the two next best players in the nba picking that low? they talk about us being delusional, your draft facts prove how insane these fans are. screw john wall give me ebanks!! lol

Rummpd
10-05-2010, 11:01 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/478857-san-antonio-spurs-2010-expect-their-western-conference-ride-to-be-rough

I made a previous thread on many of the points the author presents..

Among them:

- Teams will continue to go at Tony and George :bang

- Spurs fans will panic after another disappointing season for their beloved team.:downspin:

- In the playoffs, the Spurs starters failed in a miserable manner to contain the Phoenix bench, led by 6’4” shooter and disher Goran Dragic. :lol

- Head coach Alvin Gentry out dueled Popovich in their chess match:lmao

- Everyone will blame the Spurs demise this season on Duncan’s age, but the fact is that the Western Conference is bigger and better :ihit

- Phil Jackson would love to cause the Spurs’ to rebuild. :fishing

Will we ever address our weak points? Or will we continue to cover the holes with cheese?

Or it could just as likely go the otherway as the revived Spurs with a savy youth infusions dominate the playoffs. They are fully capable.

xellos88330
10-05-2010, 11:10 AM
The team defense was broken last season because of the lack of mobility to cut off the pick and roll. It wasn't the fault of the point guards. They led them to the bigs like they were supposed to, it just so happened the big was a step slow, or the bigs just weren't big enough.

rascal
10-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Whatever the case, the Spurs are built to beat the Lakers. I have no doubt about that.

How do you figure? The Lakers have been a terrible matchup for the Spurs. Just go look at the numbers including the playoffs.

rascal
10-05-2010, 11:44 AM
The team defense was broken last season because of the lack of mobility to cut off the pick and roll. It wasn't the fault of the point guards. They led them to the bigs like they were supposed to, it just so happened the big was a step slow, or the bigs just weren't big enough.

And adding Splitter alone will not change that much at all.

ironman2886
10-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Spurs fans, has History2B said his "Community Service" speech? As you all might know, History2B is a troll. He is a laker fan troll from the Spurs ESPN messageboard. He makes it his job to "put spurs fans in their place." He will use the word "delusional" and "irrelevant" to explain Spurs fans and their team. He wants attention and will eventually get bored if he doesnt get it. His life revolves around spurs fans and their thoughts and opinions about basketball. His hate for the Spurs organization and their fans is so tremendous, it's hard for him to talk civilly and not be such a troll. He is broken. Ignore him just like the other trolls.

DBMethos
10-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Sad that for every decent Laker fan we come across at ST, another half dozen trolls come along to balance things out.

JR3
10-05-2010, 12:12 PM
I don't buy it. I think the spurs will contend for the title this year. No Question. Other teams can prove me wrong on the court.

history2b
10-05-2010, 12:32 PM
I disregarded the 2b part...INTENTIONALLY. Because the only history to be made is, again, a Bean led team will be the 1st PJax team to not get a 3peat. Book that!
Sugarcoat it all you want, why is it that Bean himself says it? Kobe said his knee was "extremely, extremely painful during the NBA Finals." Said he feels better, but is at about "60%" tonight."
That's not made up drivel, that's reality coming from Bean himself.

Wrong. You said I was "aptly named." My name is not "history," it is "history-2-b."

So when you say I am "aptly" named you can't "intentionally" leave out parts of my name. Unless you want to be an illogical moron of course.

Kobe is probably around 60% right now. And? How are you claiming this is pertinent? Lol. I said the Lakers won the championship with his knee hurting and you just said Kobe said his knee is less painful than it was in June, so your point is???:lmao

history2b
10-05-2010, 12:33 PM
I don't buy it. I think the spurs will contend for the title this year. No Question. Other teams can prove me wrong on the court.

And they will. Just like last season... and the season before.

history2b
10-05-2010, 12:34 PM

:lmaoBWAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA!!!!:lmao

ironman2886
10-05-2010, 12:43 PM
http://3alleypub.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

history2b
10-05-2010, 12:52 PM

LOL! The first series sweep in history that "could have gone either way." LMFAO! Delusion defined. And of course in typical moron fashion you make a claim with absolutely no foundation. Lakers would have lost to the Suns had Jason Richardson boxed out Artest. That game would have gone into overtime first of all. Second it was Game 5, not game 7. Way to go showing how unbelievably homeristic you are.

The Suns sweep of the Spurs "could have gone either way" but the Lakers beating the Suns in 6 games would have been different if Richardson had boxed out Artest in game 5. Wow. Logical. Spurs fans should never wonder why they've been deemed the dumbest fan base in pro sports.

Statistical measures mean jack shit. Obviously. This is why the lowly Phoenix Suns can sweep a team like the Spurs; They simply weren't contenders. Contenders are teams that can matchup with anyone and win a series. This is whay seperates them from the rest of the teams with holes that can't. Save the stat crap talk for internet stat happy fan boys who don't know the game of basketball and use stats as their non-thinking, uncritical crutch.

I'm not concerned with Ebanks or Caracter the Lakers 12th and 13th men respectively. No team in the history of the NBA wins a championship based on the strength of 2 players that far buried in their rotation.

What I do know is that the Lakers have the best assembled core in the league. Kobe-Pau-Bynum-Artest-Odom-Fisher is the best core that works together and wins. It is a proven fact. Everything else that is added onto this core is strictly complimentary. Collegiate "accolades" don't mean shit in the NBA either. It's about filling a role within a system. From what I've seen from both Laker rookies, I see that as a remote possibility from both although I couldn't care less if that transpires this season or next or at all because, again, neither will tip the championship scales.

I do believe Splitter and Anderson can make positive contributions to the Spurs this season offensively. Defensively I have my serious doubts. But even more importantly is that the Spurs need their contributions a hell of a lot more than the Lakers need their rookies. I like our chances to be successful regardless.

history2b
10-05-2010, 12:53 PM
http://3alleypub.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

That looks like me, Shao and Truth and that steed looks like what used to be Tim Duncan's legacy.

The_Worlds_finest
10-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Sad that for every decent Laker fan we come across at ST, another half dozen trolls come along to balance things out.

They will be out in droves once the Spurs end the career of the great phil jackson!

ironman2886
10-05-2010, 12:57 PM
http://hippiekiller.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/troll.jpgLaker troll.

Cherry
10-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Laker trolls... in October? :lol

history2b
10-05-2010, 01:46 PM
I want Spurs fans to know in October that you are not contenders.

Some here seem to recognize this fact while others stubbornly want to fight about it. No problem we can do whatever it takes.

But I can assure you all that I'll be here all season to talk about the Spurs and I have strong feeling that a lot of the d bags that are name calling will not be here.

ironman2886
10-05-2010, 01:53 PM
That's the life of certain laker trolls. :wakeup

mingus
10-05-2010, 02:07 PM
i enjoy seeing the hate the Spurs have ignited in LA fans. keep it coming, guys. and, our forum is your Forum, since you don't have one anymore after that ass assault back in '99.

history2b
10-05-2010, 02:18 PM
i enjoy seeing the hate the Spurs have ignited in LA fans. keep it coming, guys. and, our forum is your Forum, since you don't have one anymore after that ass assault back in '99.

Hate? lol.

Talking about the game realistically is not hate. No one here should misinterpret my tone for being anything but matter of fact.

In the grand scheme of things, as a Laker fan spanning several decades, 1999 means absolutely nothing to me, lol. One shortened lockout season? lol.

Count them...
:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:
:lobt2::lobt2:

mingus
10-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Hate? lol.

Talking about the game realistically is not hate. No one here should misinterpret my tone for being anything but matter of fact.

In the grand scheme of things, as a Laker fan spanning several decades, 1999 means absolutely nothing to me, lol. One shortened lockout season? lol.

Count them...
:lobt2::lobt2:

it could've been 18, though. :flag::flag:instead we conquered your ass.

ironman2886
10-05-2010, 02:26 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:eWYPq3TVyK7LtM:http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn159/Captain802_Second/unsuccessful_troll.jpg&t=1

history2b
10-05-2010, 03:06 PM
it could've been 18, though. :flag::flag:instead we conquered your ass.

Spurs did beat the Lakers during a couple of down years.

During the Phil-Kobe years, our record in the playoffs versus Pop-Tim is 4-1. And you can take that to the bank.

NRHector
10-05-2010, 03:12 PM
I want Spurs fans to know in October that you are not contenders.

Some here seem to recognize this fact while others stubbornly want to fight about it. No problem we can do whatever it takes.

But I can assure you all that I'll be here all season to talk about the Spurs and I have strong feeling that a lot of the d bags that are name calling will not be here.how the fuck do you know if you haven't been here in this forum the whole season, you just singed up

tbonewalker
10-05-2010, 03:18 PM

What don't you buy?

You don't buy the fact that teams will be going at Tony and George? If you were going up against a team with little to no defense in the back court positions, would you attack them there too?

If you knew there was ''Tapioca'' Splitter and an aging Duncan behind these guards with no defense, would that discourage you from attacking?

At some point, you have to look reality in the eyes and say 'they are who we thought they were' -- NOT 'they are who we wish they could be'. :ihit

tbonewalker
10-05-2010, 03:22 PM
That looks like me, Shao and Truth and that steed looks like what used to be Tim Duncan's legacy.

LOL

:deadhorse

Man In Black
10-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Wrong. You said I was "aptly named." My name is not "history," it is "history-2-b."

So when you say I am "aptly" named you can't "intentionally" leave out parts of my name. Unless you want to be an illogical moron of course.

Kobe is probably around 60% right now. And? How are you claiming this is pertinent? Lol. I said the Lakers won the championship with his knee hurting and you just said Kobe said his knee is less painful than it was in June, so your point is???:lmao

I can intentionally do anything I want. I can choose to say that part of your poster name is apt. I can DISREGARD everything else if I choose to. Why not? You do it to Spurs fan. You DISREGARD the Spurs chances, that's fine. You're a LAL wannabe troll. It's par for the course. Just remember, the forum says, Spurstalk. If you're going to come in here, prepare for a beatdown. I know more about the LAL than most LAL fans and while I respect them to be a good team, you won't see me genuflect. Just because the LAL is higher ranking, for the moment, it doesn't make them SUPERIOR. 2 real key guys with knee issues, 1 cog guy with back issues, a turnstile for a starting PG, and a possible lame duck coach. Sounds like a winning situation to me...NOPE.

tbonewalker
10-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Just because the LAL is higher ranking, for the moment, it doesn't make them SUPERIOR. 2 real key guys with knee issues, 1 cog guy with back issues, a turnstile for a starting PG, and a possible lame duck coach. Sounds like a winning situation to me...NOPE.

You are proving to know less and less about the game of basketball with each and every post I've seen from you.

For the past two seasons the Lakers have won the championship.

During those seasons, the Lakers had 2 real key guys with knee issues, 1 cog guy with back issues, a "turnstile" for a starting PG, and Phil Jackson (lame duck coach in your words).

Lesson of the day for you.

history2b
10-05-2010, 03:41 PM
how the fuck do you know if you haven't been here in this forum the whole season, you just singed up

Because I've posted on other Spurs boards and so far my experience on Spurstalk has been eerily similar to last year.

It's almost like walking into time warp here with a bunch of delusion fanboys hootin and hollering about winning a championship and beating the Lakers. It is as though the reality of the 2010 playoffs did not sink into the brains of the helpless. :bang

mingus
10-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Spurs did beat the Lakers during a couple of down years.

During the Phil-Kobe years, our record in the playoffs versus Pop-Tim is 4-1. And you can take that to the bank.

still, SA stole 2 from LA. and you're mad about that.

and you can dice things any which you way want.

like i can dice it up as the LA's record versus the Spurs since Manu joined has been 2-1. one of which was a loss because Manu was injured.

history2b
10-05-2010, 03:51 PM
I can intentionally do anything I want. I can choose to say that part of your poster name is apt. I can DISREGARD everything else if I choose to. Why not? You do it to Spurs fan. You DISREGARD the Spurs chances, that's fine. You're a LAL wannabe troll. It's par for the course. Just remember, the forum says, Spurstalk. If you're going to come in here, prepare for a beatdown. I know more about the LAL than most LAL fans and while I respect them to be a good team, you won't see me genuflect. Just because the LAL is higher ranking, for the moment, it doesn't make them SUPERIOR. 2 real key guys with knee issues, 1 cog guy with back issues, a turnstile for a starting PG, and a possible lame duck coach. Sounds like a winning situation to me...NOPE.

Nope. Sorry, I am not "aptly named" as you suggested because you didn't quote my name. You can continue to look like an inaccurate moron who does not understand what he reads, sure, but I'll be right here telling you that you are an idiot for doing so.

Higher ranking? lol.

It's called winning multiple championships in a row, lol. It's called owning the Western Conference so much so that every team in the conference is literally in flux with superstars leaving their playoff teams to join teams in the Eastern Conference in order to just have a legitimate shot. Boozer left, Stoudemire left. Chris Paul might be next. Carmelo seems determined to do the same. The Spurs desperately tried to plug the hole with Richard Jefferson only to spring several new leaks along the way.

If you do not see this, lol, I really don't know what to tell you other than to seek help for you delusion. :hat

history2b
10-05-2010, 03:53 PM
still, SA stole 2 from LA. and you're mad about that.

and you can dice things any which you way want.

like i can dice it up as the LA's record versus the Spurs since Manu joined has been 2-1. one of which was a loss because Manu was injured.

I'm not the least bit mad. Nothing about 1999 or 2003 looms in my mind in faintest. Lakers were poorly coached prior to Phil Jackson and in 2003 had become too fat with success. Those are realities I've accepted and moved on from. 2010 was a great year.

And ahhh, yes, the injury excuse for delicate little Manu. Has ever there been a more sheltered player whose fans quickly decry injury every time he doesn't succeed? Spurs fans were claiming his beak injury last season caused the Spurs to lose. It's literally that bad.

Meanwhile Kobe with a disfigured shooting hand broken digits and major knee damage manages to suck it up, play every game, play at an unbelievably high level, win back to back championships and back to back Finals MVPs.

Amazing.

ohmwrecker
10-05-2010, 03:55 PM

They're already shaking in their boots.

Man In Black
10-05-2010, 03:59 PM
You are aptly named. You're making history right now numbnuts. Apparently the word disregard is an unknown concept to you...And you call me delusional? Hey, I'll give you credit...YOU CAN SPELL. But all you're saying right now is the same shit we hear from you guys every year. Hey, you know what...you don't win every year. You guys sound curiously like Rayduh fan, except that Rayduh fan hasn't sniffed a trophy in decades.

Be honest...would you say that LAL won that title last season in a dominating fashion? The word STRUGGLE comes to mind.

tbonewalker
10-05-2010, 03:59 PM
They're already shaking in their boots.

Shaking in our boots? Yeah, from laughter maybe. Or maybe from winning back to back championships.

Explain yourself, boy.

ohmwrecker
10-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Shaking in our boots? Yeah, from laughter maybe. Or maybe from winning back to back championships.

Explain yourself, boy.

You are spending a lot of time trying convince yourself that the Spurs are done, boy.

austN Spur
10-05-2010, 04:05 PM
This historyclown is a loser. I would consider myself a huge spurs fan and I hardly find the time to visit spurstalk. By the time i read a couple links its time to go.

yet this loser visits several different websites and signs up just to troll. pathetic I thought cali was full of "sun and bitches" you can say we don't have a chance all you want, but i'm still going to pick up a six pack and sit(usually stand) and watch all the Spurs game i can this season:flag::flag:

tbonewalker
10-05-2010, 04:07 PM
You are spending a lot of time trying convince yourself that the Spurs are done, boy.

Wrong.

I see the reality of the situation without homer shades on.

1) What is your definition of 'done'?

2) Show me one post where I said the Spurs were 'done', of course after you complete step #1 above.

I see the Spurs for who they really are at this point in time and I'm sure there are Spur fans here who share the same views. They might not be as frank as I am about it.

austN Spur
10-05-2010, 04:08 PM
I was actually going to mop two rooms today....but is being postponed because of the open practice video on spurs dotcom. hooking my laptop up to my big screen to watch this

history2b
10-05-2010, 04:14 PM
You are aptly named. You're making history right now numbnuts. Apparently the word disregard is an unknown concept to you...And you call me delusional? Hey, I'll give you credit...YOU CAN SPELL. But all you're saying right now is the same shit we hear from you guys every year. Hey, you know what...you don't win every year. You guys sound curiously like Rayduh fan, except that Rayduh fan hasn't sniffed a trophy in decades.

Be honest...would you say that LAL won that title last season in a dominating fashion? The word STRUGGLE comes to mind.

That again would be inaccurate. Yes you can disregard parts of my name and then claim my name is something else just as you did but again, I'll point out that it is wrong, inaccurate and stupid.

Is Tim Duncan "aptly named" Dun because his career is "done"??

Or is his name Duncan? Should we all just disregard whole names in favor of making things up and looking like a fool? Only if you're "Black." :blah

Man In Black
10-05-2010, 04:21 PM
That again would be inaccurate. Yes you can disregard parts of my name and then claim my name is something else just as you did but again, I'll point out that it is wrong, inaccurate and stupid.

Is Tim Duncan "aptly named" Dun because his career is "done"??

Or is his name Duncan? Should we all just disregard whole names in favor of making things up and looking like a fool? Only if you're "Black." :blah

You know...you really don't understand the concept. It's so easy to goad you into posting. People already think you're foolishly inane, but with your continual postings there for us to read...IT REMOVES ALL DOUBT. :hat

cantthinkofanything
10-05-2010, 04:28 PM

Explain yourself, boy.

Normally, I woud chime in with a momma joke or something. But assuming both teams or healthy, the Spurs are every bit as good as the Lakers. BTW, please tell your mom that her mustache tickles my balls.

tbonewalker
10-05-2010, 04:31 PM
assuming both teams or healthy, the Spurs are every bit as good as the Lakers.

Your username "cantthinkofanything" suits you well. :blah

Funny thing is, not even Pop would agree with you.

cantthinkofanything
10-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Your username "cantthinkofanything" suits you well. :blah

Funny thing is, not even Pop would agree with you.

you have to be kidding. If you take the two teams 1-12, how can you not objectively think the Lakers are better. here, I'll try to do this...[

Duncan and Gassol are equal or close to it
Kobe and Ginobli are pretty damn close at full strength
Parker is better than Fish
Jefferson is gayer than Rick Fox
Splitter is probabl close to Bynam
Gary Neal likes to have sex with vomit people
and then the rest of the bench.....

anyway I ran out of steam. But anyway, if I were a Lakers fan, I would be pretty scared of the Spurs. But I guess they lose to the Mavs before the second round anyway. Please tell your mom that her braces hurt.

ohmwrecker
10-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Wrong.

I see the reality of the situation without homer shades on.

1) What is your definition of 'done'?

2) Show me one post where I said the Spurs were 'done', of course after you complete step #1 above.

I see the Spurs for who they really are at this point in time and I'm sure there are Spur fans here who share the same views. They might not be as frank as I am about it.

We all see the reality of the situation. However, as fans of our respective teams we chose to view those realities more optimistically.

1) Why do I need to define something I do not believe?

2) I must have confused you with this dipshit:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4658930&posted=1#post4658930

By the way, you aren't being frank, you're just being a nuisance. We don't need fans of other teams to point out the flaws of our team in a pointless, confrontational and non-analytical manner. Do you ever wonder why you don't see many Spurs fans trolling Lakers forums?

It's because we don't need to . . . and we aren't assholes.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2010, 06:25 PM
It's almost like walking into time warp here with a bunch of delusion fanboys hootin and hollering about winning a championshipDescribes you to a T. We get this from frontrunning lakerfans after they win.

Why are you here?

history2b
10-05-2010, 06:30 PM
you have to be kidding. If you take the two teams 1-12, how can you not objectively think the Lakers are better. here, I'll try to do this...[

Duncan and Gassol are equal or close to it
:lmaoKobe and Ginobli are pretty damn close at full strength <-------- HAHAHAHA:lmao
Parker is better than Fish
Jefferson is gayer than Rick Fox
Splitter is probabl close to Bynam
Gary Neal likes to have sex with vomit people
and then the rest of the bench.....

anyway I ran out of steam. But anyway, if I were a Lakers fan, I would be pretty scared of the Spurs. But I guess they lose to the Mavs before the second round anyway. Please tell your mom that her braces hurt.

My god it gets worse.

history2b
10-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Describes you to a T. We get this from frontrunning lakerfans after they win.

Why are you here?

Your franchise has had one successful era in its history. Please.

As a Laker fan I know what it's like to rise and fall throughout the years, and yes right now we're currently at a Laker peak, but that does not invalidate what I have to say about the game.

What do you know about rising and falling and successfully rebuilding? Nothing. Your team never had the intestinal fortitude to repeat even once.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Your franchise has had one successful era in its history. Please.[/auote]And?

How does that affect you?

[quote]As a Laker fan I know what it's like to rise and fall throughout the years, and yes right now we're currently at a Laker peak, but that does not invalidate what I have to say about the game. Sure it does. You're an idiot. That invalidates what you have to say about the game.

What do you know about rising and falling and successfully rebuilding? Nothing. Your team never had the intestinal fortitude to repeat even once.lol. You are pretending that one can only observe one team at a time in one's entire lifetime. That automatically invalidates anything you say about the Spurs.

lol intestinal fortitude.

Idiot.

Harry Callahan
10-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Another ignorant take from a Laker "fan" in the poorly written article. Next.

history2b
10-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Another ignorant take from a Laker "fan" in the poorly written article. Next.

Translation:

The author is not slobbering all over the Spurs knob claiming championship aspirations?? He must be a Laker fan who writes poorly.

history2b
10-05-2010, 07:16 PM
[QUOTE=history2b;4658990]Your franchise has had one successful era in its history. Please.[/auote]And?

How does that affect you?

Sure it does. You're an idiot. That invalidates what you have to say about the game.

lol. You are pretending that one can only observe one team at a time in one's entire lifetime. That automatically invalidates anything you say about the Spurs.

lol intestinal fortitude.

Idiot.

Not "pretending" anything fanboy.

I'll ask again, what do you know about what it takes to rise and fall and rise again in this league? If you can't answer, then you can't answer and we'll just leave it at that but if this is going to be a circular round and round discussion where you feverishly try to 1-up via comebacks, you're only doing yourself the disservice.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2010, 07:17 PM
One can conclude it is poorly written from reading the poor writing.

One can conclude he is a lakerfan because he, you know, says he is a lakerfan.

ChumpDumper
10-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Not "pretending" anything fanboy.Absolutely you are.

I'll ask again, what do you know about what it takes to rise and fall and rise again in this league?I have seen teams rise and fall in the NBA, just as anyone else in the world who has watched the NBA has.

I already told you this.

You aren't very smart, are you?

I am not surprised.

SouthTexasRancher
10-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Hey there little tbonewalker,

That is a cute handle/alias for an obvious gay, sissified, girlieboy, Dallas Mavette and/or Phoney Sunette fan. Why is it you little juveniles can't man up and use your own team. Everyone sees right through your phony crap. One thing for sure is the Spurs will definitely go further in the playoffs........Western Conference Finals vs Lakers and we'll see which of those two teams wins it all this season. No, it won't be the Miami Cold.

Have a nice evening, kiddo... :ihit

Chieflion
10-05-2010, 07:32 PM
LOL! The first series sweep in history that "could have gone either way." LMFAO! Delusion defined. And of course in typical moron fashion you make a claim with absolutely no foundation. Lakers would have lost to the Suns had Jason Richardson boxed out Artest. That game would have gone into overtime first of all. Second it was Game 5, not game 7. Way to go showing how unbelievably homeristic you are.

Proof? The Spurs were leading in the end of the 3rd quarter for some of the games. The Suns had momentum after game 4 and would have won game 5 if not for a bunch of fluke shots. And you didn't answer anything about the Thunder and Celtics. Way to try to win an argument.

The Suns sweep of the Spurs "could have gone either way" but the Lakers beating the Suns in 6 games would have been different if Richardson had boxed out Artest in game 5. Wow. Logical. Spurs fans should never wonder why they've been deemed the dumbest fan base in pro sports.

Why not? If the game goes overtime, you think the Lakers would 100% beat the Suns? Many people, not just Spurs fans, think Laker fans are idiots, with the exception of Laker fans themselves, wonder who is delusional.

Statistical measures mean jack shit. Obviously. This is why the lowly Phoenix Suns can sweep a team like the Spurs; They simply weren't contenders. Contenders are teams that can matchup with anyone and win a series. This is whay seperates them from the rest of the teams with holes that can't. Save the stat crap talk for internet stat happy fan boys who don't know the game of basketball and use stats as their non-thinking, uncritical crutch.

Way to dismiss something that proved that the spurs are contenders. All teams use film and advanced stats to improve their chances of winning. Why do you think stats are formed off formulas and why people record stats? Because it is useful. But of course an idiot Laker fan from the ESPN board would completely dismiss stats because they can't understand how it works.

I'm not concerned with Ebanks or Caracter the Lakers 12th and 13th men respectively. No team in the history of the NBA wins a championship based on the strength of 2 players that far buried in their rotation.

Okay, you actually think they could make the roster. Good luck.

What I do know is that the Lakers have the best assembled core in the league. Kobe-Pau-Bynum-Artest-Odom-Fisher is the best core that works together and wins. It is a proven fact. Everything else that is added onto this core is strictly complimentary. Collegiate "accolades" don't mean shit in the NBA either. It's about filling a role within a system. From what I've seen from both Laker rookies, I see that as a remote possibility from both although I couldn't care less if that transpires this season or next or at all because, again, neither will tip the championship scales.

Proven fact: Fisher is the worst starting PG in the league last season.
Proven fact: Bynum is an injury prone player who can't stay healthy for a single playoff run.
Proven fact: Kobe Bryant is 33 years old. This is the year where SGs go through steep declines. If you want to talk about Duncan declining now, free free to be my guest but big men usually go through slow gradual declines.
Proven fact: You are an idiot.

I do believe Splitter and Anderson can make positive contributions to the Spurs this season offensively. Defensively I have my serious doubts. But even more importantly is that the Spurs need their contributions a hell of a lot more than the Lakers need their rookies. I like our chances to be successful regardless.

Splitter is the guy we brought in to improve defense. He is physical and made Lamar Odom his bitch. Anderson will get minutes only if he shows up defensively. Pop would only use rookies if they prove useful and meet his expectations. This is why the Spurs have been so successful drafting because they mold their players. Anything else, idiot?

temujin
10-06-2010, 05:46 AM
Your franchise has had one successful era in its history. Please.

As a Laker fan I know what it's like to rise and fall throughout the years, and yes right now we're currently at a Laker peak, but that does not invalidate what I have to say about the game.

What do you know about rising and falling and successfully rebuilding? Nothing. Your team never had the intestinal fortitude to repeat even once.

There is a perfect formula to distinguish potential winners from inevitable losers.

The latters use the WE/OUR for something others accomplished.

You have no part in the Lakers organization, obviously.
Or they would have lost.