PDA

View Full Version : Taking my kid to his 1st concert

clambake
10-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Alice in Chains....Deftones & Mastodon.

anyone been to the Blackdiamondskye tour?

the wife is worried about dope smoking.

Cock-n-balls
10-05-2010, 10:13 AM
You're going to a rock concert. Tell your wife to stop being stupid. You're not going to see Polyphonic Spree and sing Kumbaya.

clambake
10-05-2010, 10:16 AM
You're going to a rock concert. Tell your wife to stop being stupid. You're not going to see Polyphonic Spree and sing Kumbaya.

:lol she's tough as nails, but turns to goo when it comes to the kid.

Cock-n-balls
10-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Well it's something you're gonna have to see for yourself. More than likely you will get a whiff here and there. Just have fun with your kid. I'm sure it will be a memorable experience for you and your kid. Teach him how to throw the horns too.

Nathan Explosion
10-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Well it's something you're gonna have to see for yourself. More than likely you will get a whiff here and there. Just have fun with your kid. I'm sure it will be a memorable experience for you and your kid. Teach him how to throw the horns too.

My son already knows how to throw the horns. He's going to be 4. I think I'll take him to his first concert when he's about 6 or 7, but seats of course, no GA. I'm not the dumb parent that takes the little kid into the GA section and the kids proceeds to get crushed.

On a side not, when my son holds up 3 fingers, he accidentally holds up the Shocker.

http://bikevinyl.com/images/uploads/shocker-2.jpg

Should I feel bad for being a little bit proud of that? :lol

clambake
10-05-2010, 10:29 AM
He's been playing guitar for several years, already. plays every alice in chains song almost to perfection.

he's been bouncing around the house since i ordered the tickets. its been fun as hell watching him get jacked up about this.

slacker77
10-05-2010, 10:32 AM
I took my 16 yr with me to go see slipknot and incubus.Had a blast.Both times were memories we wont ever forget.As far as weed goes,hey its a concert.

Nathan Explosion
10-05-2010, 10:35 AM
I took my 16 yr with me to go see slipknot and incubus.Had a blast.Both times were memories we wont ever forget.As far as weed goes,hey its a concert.

I went to my first concert when I was 12. I took my younger brother to his first when he was about 13 or so.

My son LOVES Green Day, but has a good range of music. He also love the Beatles, which would make my dad proud if he was still alive. My dad's favorite band was the Beatles.

Taking your son to his first concert should be the greatest.

JudynTX
10-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Alice in Chains....Deftones & Mastodon.

anyone been to the Blackdiamondskye tour?

the wife is worried about dope smoking.

:tu That's cool. Don't stop the tradition, be sure to buy him a tshirt so he can wear it to school the next day. :D

Cock-n-balls
10-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Yes. Get him a shirt for sure. He'll think you're the greatest dad ever.

mrsmaalox
10-05-2010, 11:04 AM
I took my 14 yr old daughter and her 2 BFFs to Kissfest (ThreeDaysGrace, Flyleaf, 5 Finger Death Punch) a few months ago. I got a couple of very faint whiffs only, barely noticeable.

I Cut
10-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Sounds more like Gayfest. I would stab my ear drums if I had to sit through all that shit.

clambake
10-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Sounds more like Gayfest. I would stab my ear drums if I had to sit through all that shit.

might be an option. thanks for the input. :toast

mrsmaalox
10-05-2010, 11:18 AM

Well believe me, I wasn't there of my own choice; but I had ear plugs and my Iphone to keep me busy, so the evening went quite quickly without much discomfort for me, and the girls had fun :)

Edit: I've also been to the Miley Cyrus/Jonas Bros show, so I guess you can say I have a pretty high tolerance :lol

clambake
10-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Well believe me, I wasn't there of my own choice; but I had ear plugs and my Iphone to keep me busy, so the evening went quite quickly without much discomfort for me, and the girls had fun :)

you didn't paint your face.......sleep with the band......nothing?

Cock-n-balls
10-05-2010, 11:28 AM
sleep with the band......nothing?
I don't think she can tell us that.

Phillip
10-05-2010, 11:30 AM
lol mastodon

clambake
10-05-2010, 11:32 AM
lol mastodon

i don't know anything about them.

IronMexican
10-05-2010, 11:34 AM
lol mastodon

Says the guy who likes the killers.

mrsmaalox
10-05-2010, 11:34 AM
you didn't paint your face.......sleep with the band......nothing?

Not this time. Had my kid with me.

Stringer_Bell
10-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Not this time. Had my kid with me.

:wow

The weed at shows isn't bad, but make sure you watch out for the pits that open up randomly if you're in General Admission. Deftones fans are fucking crazy. Alice in Chains is good. Mastadon mostly sucks.

Have a good time! :toast

Nathan Explosion
10-05-2010, 12:34 PM
:wow

The weed at shows isn't bad, but make sure you watch out for the pits that open up randomly if you're in General Admission. Deftones fans are fucking crazy. Alice in Chains is good. Mastadon mostly sucks.

Have a good time! :toast

Deftones used to be good. I absolutely loved Deftones' first 3 CDs. Then the self titled came out and it was all down hill from there.

The first time I saw them was at Ozzfest before White Pony came out. White Pony came out on my 18th birthday. They were fucking great. Now.....

Alice in Chains has always been good, but never great imo. Mastadon, never really heard of them.

As for The Killers, I'm not a huge fan, but when they hit, THEY HIT with a song. "For Reasons Unknown" has to be my favorite song from them. Terrible video, amazing song.

dimsah
10-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Saw Alice in Chains when I was 15. Plenty of weed being passed around and a lot of girls flashing. Which, being a 15 year old boy, thought was the coolest thing ever.

Nathan Explosion
10-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Saw Alice in Chains when I was 15. Plenty of weed being passed around and a lot of girls flashing. Which, being a 15 year old boy, thought was the coolest thing ever.

I'm 28 and girls flashing is still a good thing.

clambake
10-05-2010, 04:09 PM
checked out mastodon on itunes.

man......its gonna be rough getting through that.

Fermixalot
10-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Hating Mastodon? I just don't see it at all. They are easily the best band on that bill, maybe underneath early AiC.

As for the weed, if you were going to see the show at some small club you could be worried about weed, at where this big ass tour is going, they'll be a few pockets.

Greg Oden
10-05-2010, 11:34 PM
lol Mastodon.

They are on the mount rushmore of generic bro metal for sure.

PublicOption
10-06-2010, 01:26 AM
take to see a real concert

The show is reportedly going to be spectacular, with a huge 240 foot wide, 35 foot tall wall that is made before and torn down after each tour date on Waters tour. “The Wall” was released in 1979 to loads of critical acclaim, and is considered by many to be one of the greatest albums ever released. The album focused on a young musician facing a personal crisis, which has been described as Waters state of mind at the time of release. The album stayed atop the Billboard charts for nearly 4 months, and has been certified platinum by the RIAA 23 times. It is one of the best selling albums of all time.
Tour Dates:
Sept. 15: Toronto (Air Canada Centre)
Sept. 20: Chicago (United Center)
Sept. 21: Chicago (United Center)
Sept. 26: Pittsburgh (Consol Energy Center)
Sept. 28: Cleveland (Quicken Loans Arena)
Sept. 30: Boston (TD Garden)
Oct. 5: New York (Madison Square Garden)
Oct. 8: Buffalo (HSBC Arena)
Oct. 10: Washington DC (Verizon Center)
Oct. 12: Uniondale (Nassau Coliseum)
Oct. 15: Hartford (XL Center)
Oct. 17: Ottawa (ScotiaBank Place)
Oct. 19: Montreal (Bell Centre)
Oct. 22: Columbus (Schottenstein Center)
Oct. 24: Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
Oct. 26: Omaha (Qwest Center)
Oct. 27: St Paul (Xcel Energy Center)
Oct. 29: St. Louis (ScotTrade Center)
Oct. 30: Kansas City (Sprint Center)
Nov. 3: New York (Izod Center)
Nov. 8: Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)
Nov. 9: Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)
Nov. 13: Fort Lauderdale (Bank Atlantic Center)
Nov. 16: Tampa (St. Pete Times Forum)
Nov. 18: Atlanta (Philips Arena)
Nov. 20: Houston (Toyota Center)
Nov. 21: Dallas (American Airlines Center)
Nov. 23: Denver (Pepsi Center Arena)
Nov. 26: Las Vegas (MGM Grand Garden Arena)
Nov. 27: Phoenix (US Airways Center)
Nov. 29: Los Angeles (The Forum)
Dec. 1: Los Angeles (The Forum)
Dec. 6: San Jose (HP Pavilion)
Dec. 10: Vancouver (General Motors Place)
Dec. 11: Tacoma (Tacoma Dome)
Dec. 13: Anaheim (Honda Center)

PublicOption
10-06-2010, 01:45 AM
[youtube]related[youtube]

PublicOption
10-06-2010, 01:46 AM
awptB9MZAfM&feature=related