View Full Version : Insane wing suit video

phyzik
10-05-2010, 03:33 PM
:wow

7bJmVJZbmIk

phyzik
10-05-2010, 11:52 PM
The 2:40 mark is fucking insane.....

Im pretty crazy and have jumped out of planes myself, but thats just fucking sick!

Watch at the 4:10 mark to see how insane that shit is...

ALVAREZ6
10-06-2010, 12:49 AM
I've seen most of these wingsuit videos...they are fuckin awesome.

I honestly don't think there is something more bad ass to do than what they do in the video.

ALVAREZ6
10-06-2010, 12:55 AM
By the way, phyzik, I recommend the video in this link:

http://www.ted.com/talks/ueli_gegenschatz_extreme_wingsuit_jumping.html

I think I may have posted it a while back. Anyway, he won an award or recognition or w/e from TED (Technology Entertainment and Design), and gave this awesome presentation. Some of the things he does in the clip are incredible, my personal favorite being the one where he surfs off the top of a hot air balloon into free-fall. He died not long after giving that presentation on a stunt last November jumping from a small tower. I've seen the video before, he got hit by an unexpected gust of wind, it was already a small building to begin with, and it ends up ruining his fall. From what I remember he survived the failed attempt but ended up dying 2 or 3 days later or so.

Anyway, that dude was a stud, at least he got to experience ton of cool shit, and at least he gave that sweet presentation and was recognized for it.

Ueli Gegenschatz was known for his expert paragliding, skydiving and BASE jumping -- and his utterly jawdropping flight in a wingsuit, a high-tech flying-squirrel-inspired getup that let him soar as close as humanly possible to our shared dream of flight. His "addiction to speed" continues to inspire.

A member of the Swiss national paragliding team for four years, Gegenschatz co-founded the Red Bull acro team in 1995. His BASE jumping stunts are the stuff of YouTube legend: the Eiffel Tower; Petronas Towers in KL; the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau peaks all in one day.

http://de.academic.ru/pictures/dewiki/48/04SHANG4963.jpg

LoneStarState'sPride
10-06-2010, 01:16 AM
that's fucking sick. you couldn't pay me enough money to do that shit. amazing vid!

pawe
10-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Awesome! Just imagine living your childhood fantasy of flying. How do they land though?

ALVAREZ6
10-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Awesome! Just imagine living your childhood fantasy of flying. How do they land though?

parachute.....

Cyrano
10-06-2010, 06:28 PM
dFdIxE9tqO0

tlongII
10-06-2010, 10:43 PM
I find it so surprising that this guy is dea. /sarcasm