PDA

View Full Version : UFC Prime-Time Brock VS Cain Starts Wed 10/6 After The Ultimate Fighter

dbreiden83080
10-05-2010, 05:13 PM
http://urdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/UFC-121-feature.jpg

UFC Primetime will return with a three-part preview of UFC 121′s headlining title clash between heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar and challenger Cain Velasquez beginning on Oct. 6 at 11pm ET on Spike immediately following The Ultimate Fighter 12.

“UFC Primetime: Lesnar vs. Velasquez” will continue on Oct. 13 at 11pm and Oct. 20 at 9:30pm leading up to the Oct. 23 event in Anaheim, California.

The UFC 121 fight card also includes Jake Shields vs. Martin Kampmann, Diego Sanchez vs. Paulo Thiago, and Tito Ortiz vs. Matt Hamill.

http://mmafrenzy.com/16023/ufc-primetime-returns-for-brock-lesnar-vs-cain-velasquez-starting-oct-6/

The TroutBum
10-05-2010, 10:50 PM
lol, Tito.

polandprzem
10-06-2010, 03:32 AM
This is what I've been waiting for :)

I'm absolutely excited. Something I've missed last month and some beyond

Plus NBA season is about to start.
Just want to put my mind away from the job

Cain vs JDS early '11 as I said b4 !!!!!!!

djohn14
10-06-2010, 01:55 PM
This is what I've been waiting for :)

I'm absolutely excited. Something I've missed last month and some beyond

Plus NBA season is about to start.
Just want to put my mind away from the job

Cain vs JDS early '11 as I said b4 !!!!!!!

Hell Yes...I agree with everything!

CubanSucks
10-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Brock's not losing. Brock don't lose. Brock wins. Brock too strong. But seriously, Shane Carwin gave Brock a huge wake-up and made him realize there are just some guys he shouldn't take any chances with on the feet

djohn14
10-06-2010, 05:17 PM
I love Cain...I hate Brock. I've said Id never pick against Cain...I dont know how I could pick against Brock. Wow this will be fun. Go Cain!

The TroutBum
10-06-2010, 08:43 PM
I love Cain...I hate Brock. I've said Id never pick against Cain...I dont know how I could pick against Brock. Wow this will be fun. Go Cain!

Dude, if I can pick Cock, so can you. Do the right thing.

Sense
10-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Cain got this :) That's a mean motherfucker right there

CubanSucks
10-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Cain got this :) That's a mean motherfucker right there

the whole "mean" thing can go either way. Unless there's a murder from Cain that I don't know about.

ace3g
10-06-2010, 11:22 PM
I really don't have a favorite in this fight, but the one thing I hate is when people training for Brock say "we brought in this guy and this guy to simulate Brock; brought in big guys...." The problem there are probably very limited if any sparring partners out there, that are as big and as agile as Brock (that also have great wrestling fundamentals); those are the 2 things that make him so dangerous.

It really throws guys off in the cage, you don't expect a guy 265+ to move like that. I'm not faulting Cain's camp for saying things like that, but don't downplay the speed and agility of Brock for his size.

dbreiden83080
10-07-2010, 12:52 AM
This is gonna be a hell of a fight but Brock's got this. The dude is just a monster. Gonna be exciting though..

War Brock.. I love the guy...

dbreiden83080
10-07-2010, 12:54 AM
IT's funny to me the people that hate on Brock they act like they want him to go away. The worst thing for MMA is for Brock to go away. When he fights the mainstream pay attention and see the sport for the first time. He's the best thing to maybe ever happen to MMA because of his persona...

Stringer_Bell
10-07-2010, 01:11 AM
I really like both these guys, but I believe Brock will take it even though I'm cheering for Cain. Brock's weight training looked double what Cain was doing, and it could get ugly really fast.

No doubt in my mind, Camirillo is the brains behind AKA and he's planning for Cain to get tossed around and work out of bad positions for 5 rounds. They are banking on Cain's chin and JJ to save him. The key is not to get rattled, and to pull the trigger at the right time because Brock's built like an end of level Contra fortress (NES ftw!) with limited weak spots unless you're Carwin's fists.

MannyIsGod
10-07-2010, 01:19 AM
I like both fighers - my respect for Brock has grown immensley. Heart says Cain but my head says Brock.

Stringer_Bell
10-07-2010, 01:25 AM
Oh yea, forgot mention that I like the whole "blue collar" angle they are showing for both fighters. It's a great marketing tactic in this shit economy...everyone's working hard, don't always have a a lot of money for "extra" stuff like PPVs, but two hard working guys that could have grown up on the farm next door to you or the housing complex down the street from you are going to give the viewers a good fight.

The TroutBum
10-07-2010, 02:02 AM
IT's funny to me the people that hate on Brock they act like they want him to go away. The worst thing for MMA is for Brock to go away. When he fights the mainstream pay attention and see the sport for the first time. He's the best thing to maybe ever happen to MMA because of his persona...

We'll just have to disagree on this one dude. Now that MMA is mainstream, it's turning into all of the other pro sports out there. Roids, thrown fights, questionable stoppages, questionable judging, etc. You know what I'm talking about man, it's getting worse. The bigger MMA gets, the more that money will talk and the sport/fans will suffer. Baseball did it, the NBA is right in the middle of it, and MMA is close behind.

Personally, I liked being one of the only people I knew who knew what MMA was, who the fighters were, and what stations to watch it on at 2am. Now every dumb fuck guido or rich white boy shit head thinks he knows everything there is to know about MMA, and talks about it like he was a fan from the beginning.

dbreiden83080
10-07-2010, 10:40 AM
We'll just have to disagree on this one dude. Now that MMA is mainstream, it's turning into all of the other pro sports out there. Roids, thrown fights, questionable stoppages, questionable judging, etc. You know what I'm talking about man, it's getting worse. The bigger MMA gets, the more that money will talk and the sport/fans will suffer. Baseball did it, the NBA is right in the middle of it, and MMA is close behind.

Personally, I liked being one of the only people I knew who knew what MMA was, who the fighters were, and what stations to watch it on at 2am. Now every dumb fuck guido or rich white boy shit head thinks he knows everything there is to know about MMA, and talks about it like he was a fan from the beginning.

So what are you saying in regards to Brock? He is the biggest star in MMA history, you can hate him but you watch all his fights. The man is great for business is my point..

dbreiden83080
10-07-2010, 12:19 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/osvep5.gif

http://i55.tinypic.com/fka7mf.gif

CubanSucks
10-07-2010, 12:42 PM

This is gonna be a hell of a fight but Brock's got this. The dude is just a monster. Gonna be exciting though..

War Brock.. I love the guy...

After the Carwin fight I must say I was converted

polandprzem
10-07-2010, 01:09 PM
I frickin love my nick here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO Cain got better chance of beatting Brock then anybody else on the HW now.
He is good on his feet where Brock simply fails to deliver in exchanges and Cain fists are fast.
Also Cain is great wrestler and can fight of his back. And I don't think that Brock can controll him there as he could his previous opponents.

This will be a war

dbreiden83080
10-07-2010, 01:14 PM
I frickin love my nick here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO Cain got better chance of beatting Brock then anybody else on the HW now.
He is good on his feet where Brock simply fails to deliver in exchanges and Cain fists are fast.
Also Cain is great wrestler and can fight of his back. And I don't think that Brock can controll him there as he could his previous opponents.

This will be a war

Not sure about Cain off his back we have never seen that. Brock on top these days is a nightmare. This could go either way, but i think Brock will TKO him in round 2.. I wish Cain could have fought Shane Carwin before this. Part of me still thinks he is a smaller less powerful version of Shane but never got to see that one to find out..

polandprzem
10-07-2010, 01:27 PM
No way he is just smaller version of Shane.

Shane is not that fast, his cardio always was suspicious and when he bulked up for Lesnar fight he could not keep the tempo.
Shane is also more hands then kickboxing and is stiffer.

Cain is more versitile guy with amazing cardio. He is more fluid in what he is doing and once again he is faster.

If this going over 3rd round Brock is in trouble. It's tough to finish Brock and I don't think Cain has enough power to KO Brock but you never know, if something clean will land ...

All in all Cain has few advantages that can expose the bigger champion

CubanSucks
10-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Not sure about Cain off his back we have never seen that. Brock on top these days is a nightmare. This could go either way, but i think Brock will TKO him in round 2.. I wish Cain could have fought Shane Carwin before this. Part of me still thinks he is a smaller less powerful version of Shane but never got to see that one to find out..

agreed

dbreiden83080
10-07-2010, 04:19 PM
No way he is just smaller version of Shane.

Shane is not that fast, his cardio always was suspicious and when he bulked up for Lesnar fight he could not keep the tempo.
Shane is also more hands then kickboxing and is stiffer.

Cain is more versitile guy with amazing cardio. He is more fluid in what he is doing and once again he is faster.

If this going over 3rd round Brock is in trouble. It's tough to finish Brock and I don't think Cain has enough power to KO Brock but you never know, if something clean will land ...

All in all Cain has few advantages that can expose the bigger champion

I agree Cain has more skills than Shane but the size may be a problem. He is listed at 6'1 looks closer to 6'0 to me and is about 240 pds. I really think Cain could fight at 205 if he wanted too.. He is gonna be dwarfed by the near 6'4 270 pd Brock. For me the fight breaks down in 2 areas.

1) How consistantly can Cain Stuff/Take Brock down and what can he do when on top of Brock. Cain failed to hold down the likes of Kongo and Rothwell, not good wrestlers at all, he will not hold down Brock. He also showed mediocre power in his GNP in those fights..

2) What happens if Cain is on his back? Can he survive the brutal Lesnar GNP or be eaten up by it?? And as we learned in the Shane fight don't count out the chance Brock subs Cain..

polandprzem
10-07-2010, 05:14 PM
hqOQwRv2tI4&feature=related

dbreiden83080
10-07-2010, 05:26 PM

Saw this on Sherdog

Epic..

CubanSucks
10-07-2010, 07:49 PM

It's ok. His "brown pride" has nothing to do with hispanics, just his pride for his father's struggles :rolleyes

tlongII
10-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Brock's too big for Cain. The only guy that can beat him is Carwin. I want to see Lesnar-Carwin II. Shane should have stopped him in the first fight.

dbreiden83080
10-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Brock's too big for Cain. The only guy that can beat him is Carwin. I want to see Lesnar-Carwin II. Shane should have stopped him in the first fight.

Shane's got that roid scandal over his head and he needs a few wins to get back.. We'll see what happens..