PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Bowen Memorial Southern Hemisphere Fantasy Battle 2, 2010! All aboard.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-06-2010, 03:13 AM
Greetings fellow combatants from last year's epic Bruce Bowen Memorial Southern Hemisphere Fantasy Battle, 2009!

To briefly recap: the BBMSHFB concept involves two teams of Southern Hemispherans - six players from DownUnder (and maybe New Zealand if we need a ring-in), and six of our brother Spurs Fans from that most friendly of continents across that there Pacific, South America.

In a dominant display last year the ANZACS won the team competition 48 to 30, and swept the individual placings with hsxvvd the inaugural winner, with excoriate and MI21 filling the podium with Aussie Slouch Hats 1-2-3! Congratulations, cobbers! And many thanks for picking up the slack for my horrible 9th! :lol :D

So anyway folks, it's on again this year, and those who played last year have first bite at the cherry. If you didn't play last year please do not sign up for the league until I ask for new players in about a week. Thanks.

These guys have already signed up:

AussieKurt (ANZAC)
DieMrBond (ANZAC)
hsxvvd (ANZAC)

Spurs Brazil
Brazilspurstalk
Urunobili

Whoever we're missing, sign up now! Here are the details:
NOTE AGAIN: If you didn't play last year please do not sign up for the league until I ask for new players. If some players don't return within a week I will call for new players in this thread. Thanks.
League address: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/15115/teams
Password: bruce12

Finally, who is interested in playing a rotary league? It's a different type of fantasy league in that you don't play head-to-head - you try to build a team with the best statistics across an entire season in a league table format (-Google roto leagues and have a read). Personally, I think roto is a more fun and challenging game, and I'd love to get a BBMSHFB roto league going as well this season. Please let me know if you're interested in playing roto as well in this thread within a week.

And that is pretty much all I have to say at this point except that you should all breifly genuflect to the reigning Dynasty League I champion... when is the crowning ceremony, LJ? And watch out DL II this year! ;)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-06-2010, 03:24 AM
A couple more things:

DRAFT TIME: it has not been decided yet, so don't worry about what it says right now. Can anyone remember how we did it last year? What is the best way to allow people from Perth, eastern Australia, and South America all be present for the draft? Please post about this if you have any good ideas.

Also, sorry this is all coming a bit late, and you may not see as much of me around ST this year because I am very busy with a sick friend and a nascent business. I'm also starting to write a blog and getting onto twitter, so my time will be spread pretty thin for a while to come. However, I will check in here at ST every day starting next week for the next few weeks leading up to the draft. If you need to contact me urgently, the best way to do so would be to email me through the fantasy league.

Cheers,

Ruff

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-06-2010, 03:41 AM
BTW, I've also slightly tweaked the league settings this year - I've added 2 swing spots at both G and F - so that we can all be more strategic. This year your roster is:

PG SG G G SF PF F F C C with 3 bench.

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/15115/settings

And this year the max 30 moves rule is going to be ENFORCED, so be careful with the way you use your pickups!

MB20
10-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Last year ANZACs killed us.
SouthAmericaUnited might return looking for a little revenge...

diego
10-06-2010, 08:46 AM
i had fun with this last season but im not going to be able to do it this year, I've got too much going on... unless you guys will let me play as an ANZAC (its the only way i can help my boys!) :lol

DieMrBond
10-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Can't wait ;) Well, I can but ... you know, looking forward to it at least!
Hopefully this time I will be a help to the ANZACS and not a hindrance like last time!

Brazil
10-06-2010, 03:29 PM
SouthAmerica for the win this year !!

Last year I couldn't make the draft due to time difference, it has been a so so automatic draft. I hope this time we could find an ok time for everybody. I don't know for the others but for me sunday is a nice draft day, I usually stay at home to chill out with the kids.

Oh and I would enjoy a roto league too

hsxvvd
10-06-2010, 03:43 PM
http://reclinergm.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/stu-inman.jpg?w=300&h=165

My war room is already assembled and working on the draft list.

I'd be happy to win a roto league too.

Brazil
10-06-2010, 03:46 PM
^This year I made a fucking good excel sheet... I'm going to crush you all with very creative strategies and stuff.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Bump.

Okay, we need more players. Where are the others from last year?

Spurs Brazil
10-09-2010, 07:17 AM
Onde estão os brasileiros? Fernando e elemento poderiam entrar na disputa

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Bump.

Now open to other Aussies and South Americans who want to take part.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Okay, we need 5 new players - Aussies/NZers or South Americans preferred. Post in this thread if you're interested.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-11-2010, 06:05 PM
BTW all, I have decided to remove TOs from the competition and put asst/TO ratio in its place. I think assist to turnover ratio is a far better statistic because it encourages you to choose positively rather than negatively. I will do the same in the Roto league I am just about to set up - check for another thread.

Cheers,

Ruff

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-11-2010, 06:32 PM
One other thing - I am thinking it would be cool to do the draft order this weekend to give everyone time to think about where they will be drafting. If you like the idea, I will randomise the draft order by pulling numbers out of a sack. I think this is a good idea for both this and the Roto league - what do you think?

BTW, if you are looking for the Roto league thread I'm not going to put it up for a couple of days to let you guys (and a few other special invites) sign in. ;)

xcoriate
10-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Not this year ladies and fellas... spent far to much time at work tweaking my lineups :downspin:

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Oh, come on! Join up and show some discipline at work instead! Lock it out until you're home. You'll regret it.

Cocaine
10-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Not this year ladies and fellas... spent far to much time at work tweaking my lineups :downspin:

Loser

Brazil
10-12-2010, 01:16 AM
One other thing - I am thinking it would be cool to do the draft order this weekend to give everyone time to think about where they will be drafting. If you like the idea, I will randomise the draft order by pulling numbers out of a sack. I think this is a good idea for both this and the Roto league - what do you think?

BTW, if you are looking for the Roto league thread I'm not going to put it up for a couple of days to let you guys (and a few other special invites) sign in. ;)

Cool idea ruff !!! better than 30 mn before the draft !!

xcoriate
10-12-2010, 05:50 AM
lol twisted my arm, I'm in... but I'm sure I'll suffer the same pitfalls I did last year and end up doing this at work!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-12-2010, 07:28 AM
lol twisted my arm, I'm in... but I'm sure I'll suffer the same pitfalls I did last year and end up doing this at work!

Glad to have you back.

On the work thing though, from someone who fell (and still falls a bit) for the same trap - make rules for yourself and stick to them. Don't waste your life tinkering with fantasy, use it for fun and challenge then let it go. That's the Zen Of Fantasy Basketball. ;)

PS I am in 6 leagues again, commish in 2. :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Okay people, we need 3 more SAAs and 2 more ANZACs. Who wants to represent?

urunobili
10-12-2010, 04:31 PM
maybe ElNono will help us fill a void? DAF? anyone? :depressed

urunobili
10-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Maybe we could invite whottt as a south american? I would even help him with his spanish classes if he decides to join :)

ElNono
10-12-2010, 04:59 PM
maybe ElNono will help us fill a void? DAF? anyone? :depressed

I'm not really into fantasy leagues, sorry.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Maybe we could invite whottt as a south american? I would even help him with his spanish classes if he decides to join :)

You want to take charge of PMing some people like DAF and whottt and whoever else you can think of? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ruff

DAF86
10-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Sorry, but I realized last season that I don't have the hability/persistence to play fantasy leagues (I missed the draft, lost the password, etc), I won't participate this time in benefit of my fellow SouthAmericans. I hurt my team more than Roger Mason jr. last season :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-13-2010, 01:12 AM
Sorry, but I realized last season that I don't have the hability/persistence to play fantasy leagues (I missed the draft, lost the password, etc), I won't participate this time in benefit of my fellow SouthAmericans. I hurt my team more than Roger Mason jr. last season :lol

Okay, thanks mate.

CALLING ALL FANTASY PLAYERS - we need 1 ANZAC and 2 to represent South America... even if you're not from South America, but would like to represent them, post in this thread and you're in. :D

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-13-2010, 01:45 AM
BOTH DRAFTS (roto and BBMSHFB) will be on Sunday October the 24th (Saturday 23rd Texas time). We'll have them one after the other.

The draft for this league, the BBMSHFB, wil be at 11am Aust Eastern Time on Sunday October the 24th (8am in Perth, 7pm on Saturday 23rd in Texas).

The ST Roto will draft at 2pm Aust Eastern Time on Sunday October the 24th (11am in Perth, 10pm Saturday 23rd in Texas).

Sorry if this doesn't work for you, but I'm working with people 11hours apart from each other and that's the best I could do. Suggestions welcome though if you have a better idea.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-13-2010, 02:03 AM
How do people feel about me drawing the draft positions out of a bag so that you have a week to prepare for the draft knowing where you will be drafting? Please respond in here.

If you like the idea I'll do it soon so people have over a week to prep their draft position, rather than 30mins.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Need one ANZAC and two South Americans (pretend is fine).

AussieFanKurt
10-14-2010, 06:49 AM
So keen boiz

Brazil
10-14-2010, 08:25 AM
How do people feel about me drawing the draft positions out of a bag so that you have a week to prepare for the draft knowing where you will be drafting? Please respond in here.

If you like the idea I'll do it soon so people have over a week to prep their draft position, rather than 30mins.

I'm all for that !!!

By the way any idea of what time sunday Brazilian time ??

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-15-2010, 02:33 AM
I'm all for that !!!

By the way any idea of what time sunday Brazilian time ??

Too drunk to work that out right now, will get back to you! :lmao

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-15-2010, 11:15 PM
3 spots left - sign up!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-17-2010, 12:47 AM
Still need 3 players, OPEN TO ANYONE - please sign up now. Thanks. ;)

AussieFanKurt
10-17-2010, 04:25 AM

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Has anyone already in the league got any friends who want to play? If so, sign them up.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-17-2010, 10:43 PM
3 more players please. Doesn't matter where you're from, I'll allocate you to a side.

AussieFanKurt
10-18-2010, 01:16 AM
I'll ask my good mates

hsxvvd
10-18-2010, 02:52 AM
It's going to be a marathon back to back draft on Sunday...

AussieFanKurt
10-18-2010, 04:21 AM
got an aussie

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-18-2010, 05:48 PM
got an aussie

Get him into the league!

Brazil
10-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Get him into the league!

Are we set?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Are we set?

No, I'm going to call for 3 more players in an extra thread - I don't think random people are checking this one.

BTW, sorry about the timing, mate, I know it is not ideal, but I'm dealing with people from Perth to Rio (?).

ATM, the people in Perth have to be up at 8am on Sunday to draft, so if I move things back 3hrs for you they would be getting up at 5am. As you can see, it's difficult to manage, although for one night of the year I hope people can make it work.

Cheers,

Ruff

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-19-2010, 05:59 PM
BTW, what do people think about ast-TO ratio vs TOs as the 9th category. Which would you prefer? Usually it's TOs, I thought we'd run ast-TO ratio this year for something different, but really I don't mind either way. Comments?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-19-2010, 07:05 PM
I hereby allocate Mark in Austin (a long-time ST friend of mine) as an ANZAC, and arles and freemeat as South Americans. ;)

And we have a league!

I will now do the draft draw. Will report back in 10 mins or so.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Mark in Austin - could you please go to your team settings and put "(ANZAC)" at the end of your name? Cheers.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-19-2010, 07:17 PM
So, I did the draw for draft positions today (method: cut 12 equal squares of paper, write numbers 1-12 on them, draft out a number corresponding to each team, that number is your draft position):

1 - Brazilspurstalk
2 - Santa Fe Beasts
3 - SpursBrazil
4 - Urunobili
5 - excoriate
6 - hsxvvd
7 - Manu's Wrath
8 - DieMrBond
9 - AussieKurt
10 - Bowen's Kung Fu
11 - Jack Black Cock
12 - South America United!

So, 3 of the top 4 picks to the South Americans (assuming Santa Fe Beasts is Mark in Austin). Gonna be tough for the ANZACs this yr!

Why did we do this again? To give you an opportunity to prepare your draft.

Cheers,

Ruff

PS You can swap draft positions if both players agree to it in this thread.

MB20
10-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Oh grrrreat...I'm drafting last....maybe Roger Mason is still available by then...

lol

AussieFanKurt
10-19-2010, 08:54 PM
fucking 9th, 8th in other. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Brazil
10-19-2010, 08:59 PM
So, I did the draw for draft positions today (method: cut 12 equal squares of paper, write numbers 1-12 on them, draft out a number corresponding to each team, that number is your draft position):

1 - Brazilspurstalk
2 - Santa Fe Beasts
3 - SpursBrazil
4 - Urunobili
5 - excoriate
6 - hsxvvd
7 - Manu's Wrath
8 - DieMrBond
9 - AussieKurt
10 - Bowen's Kung Fu
11 - Jack Black Cock
12 - South America United!

So, 3 of the top 4 picks to the South Americans (assuming Santa Fe Beasts is Mark in Austin). Gonna be tough for the ANZACs this yr!

Why did we do this again? To give you an opportunity to prepare your draft.

Cheers,

Ruff

PS You can swap draft positions if both players agree to it in this thread.

:wow first for me ?? Oh god ! what am i going to do ? lbj durant or cp3 ?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-19-2010, 09:10 PM
Oh grrrreat...I'm drafting last....maybe Roger Mason is still available by then...

lol

No, actually last is quite good because you can match two players with back to back picks. I know exactly who I'd take in your position.

fucking 9th, 8th in other. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Yeah, unfortunate. Join the club. The two drafts I've already done I got exactly the same draft position as last yr - 9th (out of 10) in roto, 6th (out of 12) in H2H. What can you do? :lol

:wow first for me ?? Oh god ! what am i going to do ? lbj durant or cp3 ?

Vast majority are taking Durant. Hard to go past him. But there are other opinions.

Mark in Austin
10-19-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm actually Bowen's Kung Fu. Not sure who Santa Fe Beasts is.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-20-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm actually Bowen's Kung Fu. Not sure who Santa Fe Beasts is.

Coolio.

So, South Americans with the top 4 picks! Sheesh.

Brazil
10-20-2010, 07:18 AM
Vast majority are taking Durant. Hard to go past him. But there are other opinions.

Well IMO it's the safe pick no big good surprises to expect or bad surprises to fear but not sure it is the right now, the lbj potential is damn interesting, his FG% should increase, point is note the category most complicated to get and he bring good amounts of rebounds, assists..

arles
10-20-2010, 09:44 AM
Oh, I am Santa Fe beasts. 2nd pick! YEY! XD

I'll take what you drop, Brazil =P

Spurs Brazil
10-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Let's win this year

hsxvvd
10-20-2010, 03:28 PM
South Americans get top 4 picks..... they need it.

ANZACS won top 4 placings last year.

I won from 11th last year.... you should be worried about me getting 6th!

Brazil
10-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Oh, I am Santa Fe beasts. 2nd pick! YEY! XD

I'll take what you drop, Brazil =P

I agree there are harder issues than choosing between cp3, lbj or durant to start a fantasy team

Brazil
10-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Let's win this year

SB you confirme the time of the drafts in Brazil... 10 pm saturday and 1 am sunday ?

Spurs Brazil
10-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Live Draft in: 3 hours and 13 minutes

arles
10-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Did you make up your mind about the 1st pick, Brazil???

Brazil
10-23-2010, 05:57 PM
^I think I'll go with the safest and take KD

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Less than one hour to go. :hungry:

You can't go wrong with Durant or LBJ. What matters is how you build around them. ;)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-23-2010, 06:37 PM
To enter the draft, just go to the league page or the "Draft Central" page and click on the link.

If it won't load properly, refresh (it happens to everyone ;) ).

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-23-2010, 06:52 PM
http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/15115/draft

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Less than 10 mins to go, get in the draft room! ;)

AussieFanKurt
10-23-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm ready to rock n roll

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Try taming this 6-cat beast, biatches!

Westbrook
Felton
Parker
Session

Iguodala
Beasley
T Williams
Daye

Howard
Noah
Griffin
McGee
McRoberts

:D

AussieFanKurt
10-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Rondo, Reke, Kevin Martin, Butler, Gerald Wallace, Z-Bo, Millsap, Landry, Ibaka, Gooden, Conley, Harden, Marion

Fairly Happy :D

hsxvvd
10-23-2010, 09:02 PM
Team Preview: Jack Black Cock

Very weak in the Guard stats, will need to rely on Rose's increased Assists with changes to the bulls offence. Scoring won't be a problem with Anthony, Stoudamire and Rose. There is also a lot of rookie potential in Turner, Splitter and Favours, but I think only Turner is likely to produce... and he'll need it with his current backcourt. The X-Factor here is Yao... if he stays healthy and produces top 20 numbers which he is capable of doing, Jack Black Cock will stand a top 4 chance. Greatest strengths Rebounding and Scoring, but lacks 3's assists and is suprisingly low in blocks too.

Mark in Austin
10-23-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm pretty happy with:

Steph Curry
Barron Davis
Salmons
Batum

David Lee
Peirce
Deng
Garnett

Camby
R Lopez
Jack
Diaw
Roddy Buckets

I was all set to take Brook Lopez with my second pick but David Lee was still on the board... we'll see if I made the right choice.

Kurt swiped Tyreke one pick before I was going to take him. Missed on him and Kevin Love; but overall I like where I'm starting.

Time to go have some fun.

hsxvvd
10-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Team Preview: Sante Fe Beasts

Duncan and Lebron form a nice foundation, but the surrounding cast just doesn't seem to be the right fit for head to head fantasy. Brooks, Johnson and Jennings are a nice back court, but the FG% will drag with Brooks and Jennings and there just isn't enough to pull it back up. That said LeBron's FG% will probably be a career high and might be enough. Blatche looks to be the X-Factor, and how well his numbers jump alongside Wall will determine this teams success. I like Ariza and JR Smith as complimentary players, but Channing Frye, Brendan Haywood and Battier don't really fill needs. Greatest strengths are Steals, 3's and durability.

hsxvvd
10-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Team Preview: Bowen's Kung Fu

I really like this team. Solid performers in Curry, Lee, Pierce and a steal in Camby cover all the stats and do no damage in any category. Really nice all round stat collectors in Davis, Salmons, Deng, Garnett and Batum to compliment the core. Only downside to this well rounded team is that they don't seem to have any potential x-factor, players like Curry, Lee, Salmons, Davis and Garnett are all more likely to drop than suprise. That said, I expect to see this team in the playoffs.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Awesome stuff, hsxvvd. You are obviously the most knowledgable fantasy player here, thanks for taking the time to do run-downs.

Commish

:D

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-23-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm pretty happy with:

Steph Curry
Barron Davis
Salmons
Batum

David Lee
Peirce
Deng
Garnett

Camby
R Lopez
Jack
Diaw
Roddy Buckets

I was all set to take Brook Lopez with my second pick but David Lee was still on the board... we'll see if I made the right choice.

Kurt swiped Tyreke one pick before I was going to take him. Missed on him and Kevin Love; but overall I like where I'm starting.

Time to go have some fun.

Thanks for being a part of it, Mark. Nice team too. :)

hsxvvd
10-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Team Preview: xcoriate

Lopez and Nowitzki are a nice combination to have and you seem to have plugged in enough potential around them to make this team contend to the end. The punt on Assist/TO is a nice play and makes Ellis and Gay top 10 picks. Kleiza is a steal late, but what you gain with him your likely to lose in Bargnani. There are a lot of weapons in this team, and given xcoriate's tendency to make moves, I think this will shape up very nicely come playoff time.

AussieFanKurt
10-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Waiting for mine haha ;)

re-edit:

Rondo, Reke, Kevin Martin, Butler, Conley, Harden

Butler, Gerald Wallace, Z-Bo, Millsap, Landry,

Ibaka, Gooden, Marion

DieMrBond
10-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Holy crap, for the first time in 6 years i slept in past 7am... through to 10am! EEP!

Better go inspect the damage, sorry i missed the draft fellas :/

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Holy crap, for the first time in 6 years i slept in past 7am... through to 10am! EEP!

Better go inspect the damage, sorry i missed the draft fellas :/

I said during the draft that I bet you'd slept in. :lol :oops

Sorry that your team got hurt as a consequence. Time to hit the FA list!

hsxvvd
10-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Team Preview: SouthAmericaUnited!

Gasol, Scola and Aldrigde provide a good front court with high FG% and solid FT%. Biedrins and Anderson will bump up the blocks and cover Scola's and Aldridge's biggest weaknesses. The backcourt of Williams & Miller with Ginobili and Crawford will cover the guard stats needed with Lawson and Artest again plugging the holes. I like the way this team has been assembled, but the true x-factor here is Granger. I won it last year with Granger as my star, but it's hard work. He is as good as anybody in the fantasy world and this team will only go as far as he takes them. Come fantasy playoff time, Indiana's schedule is one of the more favourable, but that won't mean a thing if Granger is watching in street clothes.

hsxvvd
10-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Team Preview: Brazilspurstalk

I'm not a high on Durant in this league when you factor in the assist/turnover ratio, but it's still a nice place to start when building a team. Horford and Gallo are almost the perfect pair to round out the forward spots, and Cousins could really turn out to be a huge bonus. I think he'll start strong and hit the rookie wall hard with Landry, Thompson and Dalembert ready to eat up his minutes when he does, but a good start could boost his trade value or at least hold the fort until JJ Hickson figures out his game. The back court is weak, Billups is likely to be on the decline, and Richardson is a 50/50 call, either he improves without Stoudamire or slips sharing time with Hedo, Childress, Hill and Dragic.
This team is going to need to see some real upswing on the potential picks like Cousins, Hickson and Holiday to stand a chance of making the playoffs.

hsxvvd
10-24-2010, 12:00 AM
Team Preview: Spurs Brazil

I think Kobe was a reach at 4, especially with CP3 on the board. But a back court of Wall, Kobe, Roy & Carter is a nice balance of consistency and potential, although Hill & Reddick will do little to plug the holes should the injury bug bite. I'm not as down on Bosh as most, as I think his assist/TO ratio will also improve and there is again a nice balance of blks, rebounds and shooting %. Kaman and Okafor also cover the blks and rebounds, but there just isn't anything that excites me about this team. The bench is FA equivalent and this team will need to stay injury free and hope for big things from Wall to go all the way.

urunobili
10-24-2010, 12:10 AM
missed the draft by an hour :depressed dont like my roster as i did last year. heck this year i dont have RJ so there's no way i could do worse :)

hsxvvd
10-24-2010, 12:13 AM
Team Preview: DieMrBond

If only you'd slept in a little bit, because you started off with a steal in Wade and J-Smooth is always handy in a H2H league. But it went down hill from there, drafting Boozer, Murphy, Thornton and Miller hurts. It leaves this team with some work to do and decisions to make. The big question here is if Boozer, Murphy and Miller are worth holding on to until the playoff run. With Boozer and Murphy, the answer is yes. But picks like Bynum won't help early on either. When fit, this team isn't too bad and other than assists it just about has most stats covered. But with Boozer, Murphy and Miller out, Bynum always a question and with Thornton falling out of the rotation in New Orleans, it seems like even beating last years 11th place finish will be a challenge.

urunobili
10-24-2010, 12:14 AM
1. (4) Chris Paul PG
2. (21) Steve Nash PG
3. (28) Al Jefferson PF,C
4. (45) Marc Gasol C
5. (52) Darren Collison PG
6. (69) Jason Terry PG,SG
7. (76) Hedo Turkoglu SG,SF
8. (93) Tyrus Thomas PF
9. (100) Al Harrington PF,C
10. (117) Anderson Varejao PF,C
11. (124) Leandro Barbosa PG,SG
12. (141) Thaddeus Young SF,PF
13. (148) Darko Milicic PF,C

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-24-2010, 12:16 AM
missed the draft by an hour :depressed dont like my roster as i did last year. heck this year i dont have RJ so there's no way i could do worse :)

Yeah, fuck RJ! ;) :lmao

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-24-2010, 12:21 AM

If only you'd slept in a little bit, because you started off with a steal in Wade and J-Smooth is always handy in a roto league. But it went down hill from there, drafting Boozer, Murphy, Thornton and Miller hurts. It leaves this team with some work to do and decisions to make. The big question here is if Boozer, Murphy and Miller are worth holding on to until the playoff run. With Boozer and Murphy, the answer is yes. But picks like Bynum won't help early on either. When fit, this team isn't too bad and other than assists it just about has most stats covered. But with Boozer, Murphy and Miller out, Bynum always a question and with Thornton falling out of the rotation in New Orleans, it seems like even beating last years 11th place finish will be a challenge.

Given these difficulties, I'mj making a Commish decision to bump DMB up to number 1 in waiver priority to start the season.

If anyone strenuously objects, let me know, but I think it's only fair to make sure he can at least get one player he really wants from waiver at some stage early in the season when replacing all those injuries. :lol

hsxvvd
10-24-2010, 12:25 AM
Team Preview: hsxvvd

I'm loving Williams and Kidd in my backcourt, especially with the assist/TO stat this year. West finished 9th overall last year and he pairs nicely with Nene to keep my FG% competitive. Mayo (traded mid-year), Lewis, Okur and Kidd are hold overs from last years championship team, and it's nice to have them back for another run. Ray Allen and Roy Hibbert are new additions, and both provide solid numbers and will help hold the shooting % too. My x-factor is Oden and a big risk. I need him to cover the blocks and rebounds and most importantly, be playing come playoff time. It isn't the kind of team I had intended to draft, but I like what I have to work with. This was a tough competition last year, and I had to take risks to win it, this year is no different.

AussieFanKurt
10-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Nice previews

hsxvvd
10-24-2010, 12:33 AM
Team Preview: Urunobili

It might be a bit early to call a favourite, but I just don't see how teams will be able to compete with Paul, Nash and Collison. This is the best guard combo I've seen in any of my leagues and lets not forget Jason Terry who is a 40-50 ranked player every year. The front court is a little light with Jefferson and Gasol needing to have big years to cover the bigman stats, but Varejao and Thomas are perfect "fill a need" players with some upswing potential. I'm not very high on Turkey Glue, last year was awful, and he's had a busy offseason too. Barbosa also is a question mark, but has been fantasy gold in the past. This is certainly a playoff team that will be an early season measuring stick for us all.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-24-2010, 12:39 AM
Breaking news - in the first trade of the year Brazilspurstalk is trading JJ Hickson to Manu's Wrath for Michael Beasley.

Drafted one spot apart, this trade looks beneficial to both teams.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-24-2010, 12:43 AM
NOTE TO ALL

Tomorrow I will ask for this thread to be moved to the INTERNATIONAL FORUM so we don't continue to disturb the main ST forum.

Commish.

hsxvvd
10-24-2010, 12:48 AM
Team Preview: AussieKurt

Wallace, Rondo and Tyreke were an interesting first 3 picks. All three are stat machines, but none of them do much to help your shooting %. Randolph's FG% will help and KMart gets to the line enough to probably make up for Rondo in the FT%. Butler, Millsap and Landry are also nice complimentary picks, and Conley, Harden and Gooden are all solid late round picks too. It's tough to find a weakness, maybe blocks and the Shooting percentages, but all the bases seem covered. AussieKurt was big last season finishing outright 2nd in the regular season, but I'm not quite sure this years team is as strong, with Gallo, Gasol, Bargnani, Crawford having big years to go with Duncan, West, J-Smooth and Roy. He'll need to work a lot harder this year to achieve the same results.

hsxvvd
10-24-2010, 01:07 AM
Team Preview: Manu's Wrath

This should be a fun team to watch. Drafting Howard off the bat signals a clear intention to punt FT% and while I agree with the strategy, I think passing on Wade here might turn out to be a mistake (mind you, I passed on him also). Iggy and Westbrook work well too, providing stls, assists and scoring, but do drag your FG% down quite a bit. Felton and Parker are a nice touch too, both are reliable picks at their respective positions and are more likely to improve than decline. Noah is an interesting pick, given your punt on FT% I would have thought Nene the better choice (I did, I picked him), but Blake Griffin in the 7th is a massive pick up. His rebounding and FG% will be an asset, and if he stays healthy he makes your strategy tight in FG%, Rebounds, Points, Assists and Steals. Punting both FT% and 3's could be a dangerous move, because you can and will be beaten in some of your stronger categories at times, playoff match-ups will be crucial and a little work on the FA list towards the end of the year could have this team looking the goods.

arles
10-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Thanks for the previews hsxvvd! =D

It's great to see your point of view

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-24-2010, 02:59 AM
Yeah, thanks for the insightful rundown hsxvvd, great stuff that improves the league for everyone. Gold star for you! :toast

DieMrBond
10-24-2010, 05:46 AM
I said during the draft that I bet you'd slept in. :lol :oops

Sorry that your team got hurt as a consequence. Time to hit the FA list!

Bwahah, typical isn't it! 6 years of crappy nights sleeps, and the one night i need to wake up early - i dont!

If only you'd slept in a little bit, because you started off with a steal in Wade and J-Smooth is always handy in a H2H league. But it went down hill from there, drafting Boozer, Murphy, Thornton and Miller hurts. It leaves this team with some work to do and decisions to make. The big question here is if Boozer, Murphy and Miller are worth holding on to until the playoff run. With Boozer and Murphy, the answer is yes. But picks like Bynum won't help early on either. When fit, this team isn't too bad and other than assists it just about has most stats covered. But with Boozer, Murphy and Miller out, Bynum always a question and with Thornton falling out of the rotation in New Orleans, it seems like even beating last years 11th place finish will be a challenge.

Wow, nice writeup... Yeah, good thing i'm not in this to win it huh!

Given these difficulties, I'mj making a Commish decision to bump DMB up to number 1 in waiver priority to start the season.

If anyone strenuously objects, let me know, but I think it's only fair to make sure he can at least get one player he really wants from waiver at some stage early in the season when replacing all those injuries. :lol

Cheers Ruff, but don't give me special privileges over others - i slept through, my own fault.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-24-2010, 05:57 AM
Bwahah, typical isn't it! 6 years of crappy nights sleeps, and the one night i need to wake up early - i dont!

Wow, nice writeup... Yeah, good thing i'm not in this to win it huh!

Cheers Ruff, but don't give me special privileges over others - i slept through, my own fault.

If the autodraft hadn't resulted in you getting so many injured players I wouldn't bother, and it's only a small thing anyway, so don't sweat it. ;)

DieMrBond
10-24-2010, 06:09 AM
Hrmm, it gets worse - Boozer and Murphy are on the cant cut list... will have to make do without them until like January or whenever they all come back...

Time to make some dodgy waiver choices! :D

hsxvvd
10-24-2010, 06:42 AM
Looks like Murphy is back second week, and Boozer won't be long either, I wouldn't cut them, unless I'm first in waivers!

Spurs Brazil
10-24-2010, 07:22 AM
great job hsxvvd

Brazil
10-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Team Preview: Brazilspurstalk

I'm not a high on Durant in this league when you factor in the assist/turnover ratio, but it's still a nice place to start when building a team. Horford and Gallo are almost the perfect pair to round out the forward spots, and Cousins could really turn out to be a huge bonus. I think he'll start strong and hit the rookie wall hard with Landry, Thompson and Dalembert ready to eat up his minutes when he does, but a good start could boost his trade value or at least hold the fort until JJ Hickson figures out his game. The back court is weak, Billups is likely to be on the decline, and Richardson is a 50/50 call, either he improves without Stoudamire or slips sharing time with Hedo, Childress, Hill and Dragic.
This team is going to need to see some real upswing on the potential picks like Cousins, Hickson and Holiday to stand a chance of making the playoffs.

Nice recap !
In fact half of the team is coming from autopicks from Richardson untill after d'alembert.
I thought Billups was a nice player to pair with Durant to build on FTs and 3s giving me some assists to not punt them totally. I'm happy with Danilo and Horford but I wouldn't have picked Richardson after Danilo.
Maybe some trades and FAs will improve this team but it won't be a contender team. I'm much more happier with my roto team at least I chose everybody.

I will see the FAs and stuff but I can trade Richardson or eventually Danilo for the good price.

MI21
10-24-2010, 07:19 PM
MOTHERFUCKING FUCK FUCK.

How did I miss this????

I hate all of you.

(Also, no doubt I would of gone all Dallas 07 on you all, dominate regular season and choke my ass of in the playoffs, but I still would of liked to be involved)

Shit.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-24-2010, 07:44 PM
MOTHERFUCKING FUCK FUCK.

How did I miss this????

I hate all of you.

(Also, no doubt I would of gone all Dallas 07 on you all, dominate regular season and choke my ass of in the playoffs, but I still would of liked to be involved)

Shit.

Bummer man, I thought I contacted you?

Oh well, next year... remember to check in at ST around mid-October. ;)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Any mods who look at this thread: can you please move it to the INTERNATIONAL forum?

Thanks.

Ruff

xcoriate
10-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Team Preview: xcoriate

Lopez and Nowitzki are a nice combination to have and you seem to have plugged in enough potential around them to make this team contend to the end. The punt on Assist/TO is a nice play and makes Ellis and Gay top 10 picks. Kleiza is a steal late, but what you gain with him your likely to lose in Bargnani. There are a lot of weapons in this team, and given xcoriate's tendency to make moves, I think this will shape up very nicely come playoff time.

haha nice... the auto-draft did its part.

I tried to jump on for the live draft (all be it late) but I was having to settle for a tethered iphone connection on the laptop which just couldnt get me connected for some reason :S

Anyway I was expecting a disaster, but I'm quietly confident with how things look. A couple of pickups and I'm on my way :downspin:

urunobili
10-25-2010, 07:56 PM
WTF? what is this shitty new roster? this is not what was drafted for me?

Monta Ellis
(GS - PG,SG) Player notes
SG
John Salmons
(Mil - SG,SF) Player notes
G
Devin Harris
(NJ - PG) No new player Notes
G
Anthony Morrow
(NJ - SG,SF) No new player Notes
SF
Jeff Green
(OKC - SF,PF) No new player Notes
PF
Pau Gasol
(LAL - PF,C) Player notes
F
David Lee
(GS - PF,C) Player notes
F
Nene Hilario
(Den - PF,C) New player notes
C
Elton Brand
(Phi - PF,C) No new player Notes
C
JaVale McGee
(Was - PF,C) No new player Notes
BN
Ben Gordon
(Det - SG) New player notes
BN
Thaddeus Young
(Phi - SF,PF) No new player Notes
BN
Jermaine O'Neal
(Bos - C) Player notes

urunobili
10-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Can someone explain to me where is my roster on the league? I ain't playing with this bogus new roster that's appearing on my page...

1. (4) Chris Paul PG
2. (21) Steve Nash PG
3. (28) Al Jefferson PF,C
4. (45) Marc Gasol C
5. (52) Darren Collison PG
6. (69) Jason Terry PG,SG
7. (76) Hedo Turkoglu SG,SF
8. (93) Tyrus Thomas PF
9. (100) Al Harrington PF,C
10. (117) Anderson Varejao PF,C
11. (124) Leandro Barbosa PG,SG
12. (141) Thaddeus Young SF,PF
13. (148) Darko Milicic PF,C

Team Preview: Urunobili

It might be a bit early to call a favourite, but I just don't see how teams will be able to compete with Paul, Nash and Collison. This is the best guard combo I've seen in any of my leagues and lets not forget Jason Terry who is a 40-50 ranked player every year. The front court is a little light with Jefferson and Gasol needing to have big years to cover the bigman stats, but Varejao and Thomas are perfect "fill a need" players with some upswing potential. I'm not very high on Turkey Glue, last year was awful, and he's had a busy offseason too. Barbosa also is a question mark, but has been fantasy gold in the past. This is certainly a playoff team that will be an early season measuring stick for us all.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Can someone explain to me where is my roster on the league? I ain't playing with this bogus new roster that's appearing on my page...

Sure you're not thinking about the wrong league?

You clearly drafted this team for the BBMSHFB as shown by the draft results:

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/15115/draftresults

And you clearly drafted the team you so clearly despise for the roto league (or someone called rodman2211 did, anyway):

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/72661/draftresults

#fantasybasketballfail for urunobili!

:lmao

urunobili
10-26-2010, 02:44 AM
hahahahahahah self ownage macabre!

I still need help though. :donkey:

Brazil
10-26-2010, 07:21 AM
Guys make me offer for my sacramento boys, the autopicks gave me 2 of them and I picked one myself, I don't want 3 guys of the same team !

I have the one and unique Beno, the young gun who is going to destroy the nba Cousins and the 11 reb, 2 blks beast Samuel D'Alembert !

I'm ready also to trade J Richardson or Galinari

AussieFanKurt
10-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Happy with Rondo's start :D

arles
11-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Well, that was all for week 1

I lost by the A/TO ratio: 1.42 to 1.43. Talk about a close one XD

What are your thoughts about this firsts matches?

hsxvvd
11-01-2010, 02:39 PM
6-3 without Oden or Okur, I'll take that.

Brazil
11-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Well, that was all for week 1

I lost by the A/TO ratio: 1.42 to 1.43. Talk about a close one XD

What are your thoughts about this firsts matches?

I cannot connect the league (:bang firewall at work) so I don't know my final result. I was on a closed one, I don't know the final result. Who is Jak cok something ?

For the rest I need to do some moves to improve a below average team so far.

arles
11-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Well, I'm glad to inform you that you won =D
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/lord_arles/brazil.jpg

Brazil
11-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Well, I'm glad to inform you that you won =D
http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu299/lord_arles/brazil.jpg

Thanks ! I was worried about the last day for the A/T when I saw a 6 TOs / 2 assits for Durant.

This week confirms what I expected some strong cat (FTs, 3s, steals) and some very weak (assists, blks, FG%), I'm not very well balanced.
I hope Danilo will come back strong so I can trade Richardson or him to balance a little bit.

last year I picked curry in the draft, this year I picked dorell wright, not that I'm expecting the same kind of impact but dorell can be a very very nice player, he is giving tons of 3s.

Brazil
11-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Happy with Rondo's start :D

Rondo is beasting right now lucky you

Brazil
11-01-2010, 05:16 PM
LJ or Kori, can you move that thread to the international forum please ? it is to avoid to contaminate spurs forum front page with our fantasy league.