PDA

View Full Version : Tony Paker Interview - Octobre 6, 2010

arles
10-06-2010, 02:41 PM
« An important season »

Tony Parker, in his last year of contract with the Spurs, is about to start his 10th season in San Antonio.

Tony, how is this coming back going ?
It’s good to be back on the court after five months. I worked out this summer but it can’t replace the group work. We were excited to get back to practice together. Good news is we’re all in good shape. There’s no physical problem except for Tiago Splitter who had a minor calf injury at the beginning of pre season. But nothing serious. When I take a look at the team, I can’t help but thinking the season could be good, real good.

How do you feel 3 weeks before season starts ?
It’s the first time since I first played in the NBA that I start practice in such a good shape. I feel good physically and mentally. It’s my last year of contract with San Antonio, I want to make a great season.

Speaking contracts, Joakim Noah has just signed a five-year one with the Bulls…
I’m very happy for him. He knows it since we talked about it yesterday. When I heard about it, I immediately texted to congratulate him .

You’re playing the first pre-season game vs Houston. What can we expect before the opening and the game on October 27th vs Indiana ?
Like always, Pop will rely on players he wants to see in action. Some of them for example are looking for a contract. As for the members, we won’t play more than 15 minutes per game. We will play more little by little and then when the opening game will arrive, Pop will launch his season team on the court.

http://en.tp9.net/«-an-important-season-»-379