PDA

View Full Version : Do something nice for your loved ones

silverblk mystix
10-06-2010, 04:33 PM
...next time you are talking to them on the phone-ask them if they are driving.
If the answer is yes, tell them to please call you back when they reach their destination...

this way they can concentrate on driving---

and GTFO of everyone's way!!!!!

This hit me this morning on my commute as some moron was driving and talking on his cell-this happens almost every fuckin' day...

and it hit me....hmmmm...they are talking to someone...who are these people that are assisting in almost getting their loved ones killed---either by accident or by someone committing ROAD RAGE on their sorry asses!

Be honest...NO-ONE CAN DRIVE AND TALK ON THEIR CELL EFFECTIVELY AT THE SAME TIME!!!

I admit that I cannot therefore I DON'T make or accept calls when I am driving-period.

It can wait.

If you must--how hard is it to tell someone...``you need me to pick up bread & milk--ok---I'll call you when I'm off the road,bye.''

How fuckin' hard is that?

MannyIsGod
10-06-2010, 04:43 PM
I hate you. I love my loved ones and will never force them to read your drivel.

silverblk mystix
10-06-2010, 04:56 PM

Then share part of the blame if they cause an accident-or worse.

:lol...I'm smarter than you...:lol

What will you come up with next?

My dad can kick your dad's ass? :lmao:lmao

dickface
10-06-2010, 04:58 PM
The worst part of your story is that you lived to tell it.

4>0rings
10-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Like tazer your old grandparents or shoot 8 times at a guy that backs up into your car?

silverblk mystix
10-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Like tazer your old grandparents or shoot 8 times at a guy that backs up into your car?

hey...

save some of that hate for the firefighters that let that house burn...:lol

4>0rings
10-06-2010, 05:29 PM
hey...

save some of that hate for the firefighters that let that house burn...:lol
I haven't commented in that thread yet, but way to go!

silverblk mystix
10-06-2010, 05:35 PM
I haven't commented in that thread yet, but way to go!

Same as you pointing out to me about shooting 8 times on an issue I NEVER commented on...because that cop was an ass---so why would ANYONE defend him.

Way to go!

4>0rings
10-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Same as you pointing out to me about shooting 8 times on an issue I NEVER commented on...because that cop was an ass---so why would ANYONE defend him.

Way to go!Sorry, it was 9 times and...

''So,

Cry-I am still waiting why you got a hard on for cops?

What happened?

Did a police officer steal your girl (or significant other-one never knows) ?

Did a girl you cared about fantasize about men in uniform?

Tell us big guy, c'mon...''

''You are beginning to amuse me.

#1) I have never --unconditionally--defended cops or cops actions. If you can be honest and objective you will see that I usually don't jump to conclusions and I try to see all angles of a situation. For example--I never unconditionally defended the cop that killed those two girls. I asked what your objection was and you stated it was manslaughter. I tried to explain that - that particular case did not automatically deserve a manslaughter charge because it was an accident--a stupid action on the cops part-but still it was an accident.
I also pointed out that (after reading the OP more carefully) that the cop had pled guilty, lost his job, suffered severe leg injuries,etc and basically just said that he did NOT get away with it.
Now--how on earth is that --unconditionally-defending a cop?

Manslaughter--would be if a person is breaking the law by , say, driving while being intoxicated--over the legal limit and then---because of this drinking---he happens to plow into a crowd and kill someone....then it will probably result in at least a manslaughter charge.

The cop ---while doing something really stupid---was actually on duty and responding to a call (even if YOU don't like the fact that he was responding to a call that someone else had already responded to--he was still responding)---so THAT would NOT make it a manslaughter charge---I NEVER said it was right or just or that he shoulda this or shoulda that--I merely stated the facts; that it was not manslaughter.

#2) I am sure you will remember the old prick getting tasered in Marin County california?
I said from the very beginning-that there was probably more to that video than what that TV station aired---and in the end --I was right. It turned out that the old man had threatened to commit suicide--and made his threats in the presence of the responding paramedics-who are bound by law to render aid--as are police officers.
From the very beginning of that scenario--you jumped on the cops and stated that they had NO reason, NO right to be in the old prick's house and they should BURN for that,blah,blah....
Did I --unconditionally--defend the cops?
No--I also said from the very beginning---that IF---IF the cops were there--with NO legal reason---and no legal right to be there...

I clearly said that,yes, they should burn for it.

How is that defending a cop-unconditionally?

Yet, in the final analysis---they had a RIGHT to be there---YET i NEVER heard you admit that you may have pre-judged....you just quietly moved off of the thread and didn't even bother to view the full length video to see all the other stuff that the TV station conveniently decided to omit.

#3) I did not DUCK the latest video--I was at work all day--and then going through some physical therapy --due to a work injury-that just happened to have happened from dealing with some PCP/Meth addict who got a little froggy...and decided that he would assault innocent bystanders and had to be restrained...

but I saw the video and just figured...what's the point?

You-and everyone else here-hate cops..period.

So...it is ok...

As long as most of us here love our spurs...all is good with the world. ok.?''

Way to go!

Sisk
10-06-2010, 07:58 PM
But yall can text and go 100+ MPH if you're a cop responding to a call.

Obstructed_View
10-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Unless you are a cop driving 100+ miles an hour and are simultaneously texting your girlfriend, in which case it's completely okay.

resistanze
10-06-2010, 08:14 PM

Unless you are a cop driving 100+ miles an hour and are simultaneously texting your girlfriend, in which case it's completely okay.

:lmao God damnit!

I Cut
10-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Big fuckin' waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Some of you peoples posts on here are fucking worse than facebook updates.

silverblk mystix
10-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Sorry, it was 9 times and...

''So,

What happened?

#1) I have never --unconditionally--defended cops or cops actions. If you can be honest and objective you will see that I usually don't jump to conclusions and I try to see all angles of a situation. For example--I never unconditionally defended the cop that killed those two girls. I asked what your objection was and you stated it was manslaughter. I tried to explain that - that particular case did not automatically deserve a manslaughter charge because it was an accident--a stupid action on the cops part-but still it was an accident.
I also pointed out that (after reading the OP more carefully) that the cop had pled guilty, lost his job, suffered severe leg injuries,etc and basically just said that he did NOT get away with it.

Manslaughter--would be if a person is breaking the law by , say, driving while being intoxicated--over the legal limit and then---because of this drinking---he happens to plow into a crowd and kill someone....then it will probably result in at least a manslaughter charge.

The cop ---while doing something really stupid---was actually on duty and responding to a call (even if YOU don't like the fact that he was responding to a call that someone else had already responded to--he was still responding)---so THAT would NOT make it a manslaughter charge---I NEVER said it was right or just or that he shoulda this or shoulda that--I merely stated the facts; that it was not manslaughter.

#2) I am sure you will remember the old prick getting tasered in Marin County california?
I said from the very beginning-that there was probably more to that video than what that TV station aired---and in the end --I was right. It turned out that the old man had threatened to commit suicide--and made his threats in the presence of the responding paramedics-who are bound by law to render aid--as are police officers.
From the very beginning of that scenario--you jumped on the cops and stated that they had NO reason, NO right to be in the old prick's house and they should BURN for that,blah,blah....
No--I also said from the very beginning---that IF---IF the cops were there--with NO legal reason---and no legal right to be there...

Yet, in the final analysis---they had a RIGHT to be there---YET i NEVER heard you admit that you may have pre-judged....you just quietly moved off of the thread and didn't even bother to view the full length video to see all the other stuff that the TV station conveniently decided to omit.

#3) I did not DUCK the latest video--I was at work all day--and then going through some physical therapy --due to a work injury-that just happened to have happened from dealing with some PCP/Meth addict who got a little froggy...and decided that he would assault innocent bystanders and had to be restrained...

So...it is ok...

Way to go!

Wrong thread. Wrong cop action. Not very careful in your research.

4>0rings
10-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Same as you pointing out to me about shooting 9 times on an issue I NEVER commented on...because that cop was an ass---so why would ANYONE defend him.

Way to go!

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162676

Cop fires 9 shots after being tapped by SUV.

''So,

What happened?

So...it is ok...

You figured what's the point cause you think everyone hates cops as your arguement would of followed your past wall of bs.

silverblk mystix
10-06-2010, 09:11 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162676

Cop fires 9 shots after being tapped by SUV.

''So,

What happened?

So...it is ok...

You figured what's the point cause you think everyone hates cops as your arguement would of followed your past wall of bs.

and what does this have to do with telling your loved ones to not drive and use a cell phone?

ok nothing...

thispego
10-06-2010, 09:15 PM
youd have to be pretty retarded to not be able to talk, listen, and drive at the same time.

silverblk mystix
10-06-2010, 09:18 PM
youd have to be pretty retarded to not be able to talk, listen, and drive at the same time.

the key word is ---effectively---

you can do it all day--but you will drive like shit, get in other driver's way,etc...

please don't tell me you haven't seen this happen...

Cry Havoc
10-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Humorous thread is humorous.

silverblk mystix
10-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Humorous thread is humorous.

It started out as a cell phone/driving thread....

Cry Havoc
10-06-2010, 10:43 PM
It started out as a cell phone/driving thread....

Which, given your posting history, is something I find hilarious when you decide to be suddenly so hypercritical of said activity.

silverblk mystix
10-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Which, given your posting history, is something I find hilarious when you decide to be suddenly so hypercritical of said activity.

It was being honest. The people that drive dangerously because they are using a cell phone while driving are being reckless. The people that are on the other end of the phone will not get any blame-but maybe we can alert our friends/family to just call us when they reach their destination.
It could save lives.

Somehow, you and a few others are finding it hard to see nothing but past threads whenever anyone tries to discuss new things.

In time, it will get as boring to you as it was for me a long time ago.

4>0rings
10-06-2010, 10:59 PM
It was being honest. The people that drive dangerously because they are using a cell phone while driving are being reckless. The people that are on the other end of the phone will not get any blame-but maybe we can alert our friends/family to just call us when they reach their destination.
It could save lives.

Somehow, you and a few others are finding it hard to see nothing but past threads whenever anyone tries to discuss new things.

In time, it will get as boring to you as it was for me a long time ago.
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn159/Captain802_Second/obvious_troll.jpg

Nathan Explosion
10-06-2010, 11:31 PM
What if someone tells me to hangup the phone while I'm driving and then cuts off the conversation, only to learn later on that I have my headphones on or had my phone hooked up to my stereo and was talking to them, hands free? Then what?

Because I do that a lot you know. Why buy the headphones (bluetooth or otherwise) if you're not going to use them. Plus, my stereo has an input jack, so I hook my phone up to it, which plays the other person through my car speakers, while the mic on my phone is able to pick up my voice very clearly I'm told.

thispego
10-07-2010, 01:49 AM
the key word is ---effectively---

you can do it all day--but you will drive like shit, get in other driver's way,etc...

please don't tell me you haven't seen this happen...

No, driving and talking on your cell phone is not the problem. Texting or shuffling through your ipod while driving is the problem. I have no problem with people talking and driving... Just don't take too long searching your contact list

silverblk mystix
10-07-2010, 05:26 AM
What if someone tells me to hangup the phone while I'm driving and then cuts off the conversation, only to learn later on that I have my headphones on or had my phone hooked up to my stereo and was talking to them, hands free? Then what?

Because I do that a lot you know. Why buy the headphones (bluetooth or otherwise) if you're not going to use them. Plus, my stereo has an input jack, so I hook my phone up to it, which plays the other person through my car speakers, while the mic on my phone is able to pick up my voice very clearly I'm told.

If you can have a conversation AND drive effectively-kudos to you, you are a better driver than me.

Next time you are driving and you see someone who is talking AND driving recklessly-then you will see who I was talking about. I see it a lot.