PDA

View Full Version : in retrospect: things you were wrong about

mingus
10-06-2010, 10:24 PM
so what are some of the predictions you made that turned out wrong? it can be predicitons you made about a game, a player's career, a draft pick, or whatever the case may be. you can go back as far as you want, which would be good because i am relatively new to the game.

two that come to mind: i thought the Hornets after '07 would grow and become one of the better teams in the league. i also thought that the TMAC, YAO, Artest team would win several championships.

what about you guys?

Giuseppe
10-06-2010, 11:43 PM
I thought Artest was gonna implode.

tee, hee.

milkshakeballa
10-06-2010, 11:52 PM

tee, hee.

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom//img/2010/05/28/sunsbrooklopezgif_20100528102802_0_0.GIF

ohmwrecker
10-06-2010, 11:55 PM

tee, hee.

There's still time . . .

IronMexican
10-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Ariza was a better fit than Artest.

ohmwrecker
10-06-2010, 11:58 PM
James Gist will never play one minute of an NBA game in a Spurs uniform.

I'm getting nervous about this one.

ohmwrecker
10-07-2010, 12:00 AM
The Suns will never beat the Spurs in a playoff series.

I might have just "thought" that one.

DeadlyDynasty
10-07-2010, 12:01 AM
so what are some of the predictions you made that turned out wrong? it can be predicitons you made about a game, a player's career, a draft pick, or whatever the case may be. you can go back as far as you want, which would be good because i am relatively new to the game.

two that come to mind: i thought the Hornets after '07 would grow and become one of the better teams in the league. i also thought that the TMAC, YAO, Artest team would win several championships.

what about you guys?

-thought the Spurs would dominate the Suns last year (because they previously owned them), not the opposite
-thought Game 5 of the 2007 ECF we were all "witnessing" the beginning of a certain player's playoff greatness, not the opposite.

DeadlyDynasty
10-07-2010, 12:03 AM
There's still time . . .

fuck it, he's already earned his bread imo...we don't win last season w/o him. Just ask Durant or Pierce

Fpoonsie
10-07-2010, 12:20 AM

tee, hee.

Pretty much this, tbh.

Kai
10-07-2010, 12:23 AM
I honestly thought the Cavs were gonna win it all last year. It seemed like they won every "statement game" they had throughout the regular season. They just weren't as good as the other top two in the east.

TheMACHINE
10-07-2010, 01:14 AM
i fell for the "Spurs are just waiting till the playoffs, you guys should fear us then" the past few years. Shame on me.

ynh
10-07-2010, 02:47 AM
Tony Dumas.. Tobey Bailey.. Briant "Big Country" Reeves.. Darko.. Randolph Childress.. Harold Minor.. That Tayshaun Prince was the most important peice of the starting 5 for detroit during the 00s.. That's off the top of my head.

DeadlyDynasty
10-07-2010, 02:56 AM
"I thought they were all on the pill." - Antonio Cromartie

Giuseppe
10-07-2010, 04:24 AM
There's still time . . .

Always, but, he did leave Pierce---dead in the ground.

ohmwrecker
10-07-2010, 09:01 AM
fuck it, he's already earned his bread imo...we don't win last season w/o him. Just ask Durant or Pierce

No doubt. I don't think the Lakers win the title without him.

Killakobe81
10-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Dead wrong:

"Melo may end up being the best player of his draft class ..." (looks unlikely)

"Bynum will be a top 5 center ..." (still possible but I doubt it)

"Lebron is going to have at least two titles by age 26" ... (after he crushed the Pistons in the ECF a few years back i was ready to bear witness)

I did hit on a few too:

"Cavs will NOT win a title in 2010" (even after the Jamison trade that had many here ejaculating way too early)

"DWill is the best PG in the NBA" ... now this is obviously debatable and maybe Wall Rose or even Paul will make this title short-lived, but last year many saw the light I had been shining.

"Portland despite all that talent, could not go far as presently constituted" ... apparently the Blazers finally realized this.

Chieflion
10-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Dead wrong:

"Melo may end up being the best player of his draft class ..." (looks unlikely)

"Bynum will be a top 5 center ..." (still possible but I doubt it)

"Lebron is going to have at least two titles by age 26" ... (after he crushed the Pistons in the ECF a few years back i was ready to bear witness)

I did hit on a few too:

"Cavs will NOT win a title in 2009" (even after the Jamison trade that had many here ejaculating way too early)

"DWill is the best PG in the NBA" ... now this is obviously debatable and maybe Wall Rose or even Paul will make this title short-lived, but last year many saw the light I had been shining.

"Portland despite all that talent, could not go far as presently constituted" ... apparently the Blazers finally realized this.

Cool story bro. The Cavs did not have Jamison in 2009.

Sportcamper
10-07-2010, 09:29 AM
I thought with all of the 1st round draft choices the Clippers have received over the past two decades, that they would be a force to be reckoned with in spite of their owner & general manager… :lol

sefant77
10-07-2010, 09:36 AM
I remember long discussions with some Lakers fans in the summer of 2007 that thought Farmar is better than Harris and that they would not swap the players...lol

I thought Fortson could really help us :lol

Giuseppe
10-07-2010, 10:00 AM
At 13 down/June 17th I thought we was mincemeat.

Killakobe81
10-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Cool story bro. The Cavs did not have Jamison in 2009.

My bad. We all know i dont double check dates or draft picks ...you know what I meant ...2009-2010 season ...slick.

ohmwrecker
10-07-2010, 10:11 AM
My bad. We all know i dont double check dates or draft picks ...you know what I meant ...2009-1010 season ...slick.

I'm all for using bad grammar and factual mistakes as insults, but that was cheap, even for me.

Giuseppe
10-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Oh, Lord, we're not gonna go thru the whole Kobe drafting position and the 121-63 thingy again, are we?

Venti Quattro
10-07-2010, 10:17 AM
LeBron going to Chicago.

Killakobe81
10-07-2010, 10:22 AM
I was wrong about Nash. No he didnt deserve back 2 back MVP's and I also thought Cuban was dumb for letting him walk, but i never dreamed he would be THIS good. He has been pretty damn amazing in Phoenix, even while battling back issues.

Killakobe81
10-07-2010, 10:23 AM
i also didnt think Bowen would be missed as much by the Spurs. I think duncan aging has been even more critical and Maybe Bowen was on his last legs, but man do they miss Bruce.

Darrin
10-07-2010, 06:34 PM

what about you guys?

I thought last year's Washington Wizards were going to contend for the Eastern Conference Crown. I thought the Pistons were going to regret trading Jerry Stackhouse. I wanted the Pistons to sign Jeff McInnis over Chauncey Billups in the summer of 2002. I thought Chris Duhon was as good as any point guard in the league.

DeadlyDynasty
10-07-2010, 06:35 PM
I thought last year's Washington Wizards were going to contend for the Eastern Conference Crown. I thought the Pistons were going to regret trading Jerry Stackhouse. I wanted the Pistons to sign Jeff McInnis over Chauncey Billups in the summer of 2002. I thought Chris Duhon was as good as any point guard in the league.

You have an amazing eye for talent

Darrin
10-07-2010, 07:02 PM
You have an amazing eye for talent

It's a thread about mistakes. You want some examples in the other direction? I did predict the Oklahoma City Thunder's rise last year (in late 2008), the Pistons implosion with Iverson (they were in the midst of a 6-game winning streak at the time), Joakim Noah's greatness, the Pistons Conference Championship in 2004, Rajon Rondo's breakout season after the 2008 Conference Finals, Carlos Boozer's greatness, and so on. I haven't been wrong about the Pistons in close to four years.

DeadlyDynasty
10-07-2010, 07:09 PM
It's a thread about mistakes. You want some examples in the other direction? I did predict the Oklahoma City Thunder's rise last year (in late 2008), the Pistons implosion with Iverson (they were in the midst of a 6-game winning streak at the time), Joakim Noah's greatness, the Pistons Conference Championship in 2004, Rajon Rondo's breakout season after the 2008 Conference Finals, Carlos Boozer's greatness, and so on. I haven't been wrong about the Pistons in close to four years.

http://www.infomercial-hell.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/miss_cleo_close.jpg

Trainwreck2100
10-07-2010, 07:55 PM
I thought we got rid of the faggoty ass weak trolling and had some quality laker trolls and 2 cucks appeared