PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Steak Recipes…

Sportcamper
10-07-2010, 09:39 AM
So its cold & raining & I went to get some beef to make a pot of stew…The butcher just finished prepping chuck steak…I don’t recall ever purchasing chuck before… Salt & pepper, sear in a cast iron skillet with olive oil & I ended up making steak tacos instead….The steak has a grainy texture like New York’s but had twice the flavor….The chuck steak turned out to be absolutely delicious…

What do you chefs & beef experts think? Any opinions or recipes you want to share?

tlongII
10-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Obviously this is a thread for CosmicCowboy.

Sportcamper
10-07-2010, 10:31 AM
I am guessing that the chuck I purchased was from Red Brangus cows & that is why it was so delicious…:fishing

CosmicCowboy
10-07-2010, 10:39 AM
I'd probably make tacos too...thin slice it, season it, and cook it in a cast iron skillet with diced onion, poblano pepper strips, and diced serrano peppers (seeds and all)

CosmicCowboy
10-07-2010, 10:43 AM
I am guessing that the chuck I purchased was from Red Brangus cows & that is why it was so delicious…:fishing

LOL, we sold all the red brangus when we sold the other ranch. The eatin steer I'm fattening up now is an unregistered charolais.

desflood
10-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Chuck makes pretty good (and decently priced) beef stroganoff. Take a pound of chuck, cube and sear it, throw it in the crockpot with two cans of cream of mushroom soup (one regular, one golden), some black pepper and chives and a cup of milk on low for 6 hours. Add half a container of sour cream and half a container of cream cheese and turn to high for about 20-30 minutes. Throw it over pasta or white rice and it's excellent.

Fpoonsie
10-07-2010, 11:23 AM
That sounds fucking delicious, des. I might hafta go buy some chuck just to try that.