PDA

View Full Version : Nazr Mohammed: The new Rose?

rr2418
05-20-2005, 10:16 PM
It might still be a little early, but isn't Nazr Mohammed a bigger version of Malik Rose? He's always in postition to get that key rebound or tip in. He hustles for rebounds like owns the glass. He's been a pleasant surprise to me, b/c all I heard about him was that he didn't hustle, was not a good rebounder, and couldn't block shots. So far, he's proving everybody wrong. So in my opinion, Rose hasn't left, he just got better and taller.

JUUOT
05-20-2005, 10:26 PM
with his famous pump fake he might have the secret weapon against stoudemire. he is in foul trouble against dallas because he goes for it every time

atlfan25
05-20-2005, 10:37 PM
when he does those pump fakes, its hard to tell that it isn't rose underneath

Spurbanana
05-20-2005, 10:49 PM
Maliki-liki :depressed

I must admit that Nazr is better than I expected...better than Rasho

Don't tell Liki I said that :angel

wildbill2u
05-20-2005, 10:54 PM
It might still be a little early, but isn't Nazr Mohammed a bigger version of Malik Rose? He's always in postition to get that key rebound or tip in. He hustles for rebounds like owns the glass. He's been a pleasant surprise to me, b/c all I heard about him was that he didn't hustle, was not a good rebounder, and couldn't block shots. So far, he's proving everybody wrong. So in my opinion, Rose hasn't left, he just got better and taller.

Not only taller and bigger, but can start against any center and play some big minutes--which means we have an alternative offensive/defensive threat on the floor for more minutes at another postion. With Bowen and Rasho starting we were very limited offensively with only three positions/players for the other team to stop.

wildbill2u
05-20-2005, 10:58 PM

By the way, thank God someone is giving Larry Kenon props. Someone started a thread somewhere asking what former Spur we'd like to have back now. Kenon could play SF like no one else, arguably better than Ninja.

tim2cn
05-20-2005, 11:10 PM
He plays well . Beat Amare !It's long time not to see Rasho.Nes.

rr2418
05-20-2005, 11:24 PM
By the way, thank God someone is giving Larry Kenon props. Someone started a thread somewhere asking what former Spur we'd like to have back now. Kenon could play SF like no one else, arguably better than Ninja.

Larry Kenon was my fav Spur back in those days. To this day, I still say that Kenon could've been as good or better than Julius Erving. I know that is a bold statement to make, and not many people would agree with me, but Kenon could do it all. It would've been interesting to see what would've happened if the Spurs had a " center" during Kenon's days.

SequSpur
05-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Nazr was one of the keys to winning the first 2 series. Duh.

T Park
05-20-2005, 11:30 PM
sequ is exactly right, but, this series, Horry, and the small lineup will be out there quite a bit.

Duncan should get Stoudamire in foul trouble easily with his pump fakes and moves around the basket.

SHOULD, Duncan needs to, when Amare is on him, USE THE PUMPFAKE!!!!

pjjrfan
05-21-2005, 01:35 AM
He played smart games 5 and 6. He didnt' try to force things which is something he was doing in the games when he didn't do well, and just about everytime really. The last two games every offensive rebound he got, if he didn't have a good shot at a put he kicked it out, before he would try to force the shot and either travel, get it blocked or just take a bad shot. So I gotta figure he is listening to his coaches and taking that advise to heart. I still miss Malik, but Nazr is a prescense down low, and I want him to have a great series against the Suns.

At this point, as much as I love Rasho, I don't see any need for him unless their is an injury or foul problems. The rotation of Nazr, Horry and Tim has paid off in the run and looks like Pop is going to go with it to the end. An end that includes a title is my hope.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-21-2005, 08:43 AM
Nazr isn't the new Rose. He's better in every facet of the game (well, except for that one jump shot a game that Marcus always nutted himself over).