PDA

View Full Version : Lou Dobbs’ five undocumented workers

Bartleby
10-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Politerati
Lou Dobbs’ five undocumented workers — Who’s News 10-7-10

Updated 2:03 p.m.
LOU DOBBS. He may no longer be on CNN, but that doesn’t mean folks have forgotten media personality Lou Dobbs‘ years-long campaign against “illegal aliens” — especially as he gears up for an Oct. 9 keynote appearance at the Virginia Tea Party Patriots Convention. The radio host is the subject of a just-released major investigation by Isabel Macdonald, whose online bio describes her as “a freelance journalist and former communications director of the media watch group Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting,” published in The Nation. From her story:

But with his relentless diatribes against “illegals” and their employers, Dobbs is casting stones from a house—make that an estate—of glass. Based on a yearlong investigation, including interviews with five immigrants who worked without papers on his properties, The Nation and the Investigative Fund at The Nation Institute have found that Dobbs has relied for years on undocumented labor for the upkeep of his multimillion-dollar estates and the horses he keeps for his 22-year-old daughter, Hillary, a champion show jumper….

When I asked whether the Dobbs family knew that undocumented workers were caring for their horses, Gomez responded by saying that at least in the case of Hillary Dobbs, “I believe she knew.” The stable owner knew “that some people didn’t have papers,” Gomez said, and had even taken precautions to keep the workers away from the immigration agents who often patrol the areas around horse shows. Gomez said it was hard to believe that Dobbs’s daughter, who was in close contact with these undocumented workers almost every weekend, could have been unaware of their status.

Hillary Dobbs did not respond to repeated attempts to contact her for comment….

In addition to those who worked with the horses, the magazine also found two undocumented workers who worked on the grounds of Dobb’s Florida home through a company hired to maintain it. Dobbs declined to comment for the story but invited Mcdonald onto his radio show; she said she would only appear there once the story was published. So stay tuned on that front.

In the meantime, Dobbs turned to Twitter as his first line of response, attacking The Nation but not countering its reporting in a midday Thursday tweet:

He said he would “be setting the record straight” on the Lou Dobbs show on the radio, according to a follow-up tweet, and urged listeners to tune in. “I’m not sure but I think the Nation may have decided to join us,hope so,” he added.

http://www.whorunsgov.com/politerati/whos-news/lou-dobbs-five-undocumented-workers-whos-news-10-7-10/?hpid=topnews

CosmicCowboy
10-07-2010, 01:33 PM
And this is news why?

boutons_deux
10-07-2010, 01:44 PM
For the same reason Al Gore spending $1000s/month (or whatever it was) on utilities was news.

boutons_deux
10-07-2010, 01:45 PM
For the same reason that it was news that Tim Geithner failed to pay $35K in income taxes (that being more money that many families gross per year).

There's some saying a living in glass houses. What was it now?

George Gervin's Afro
10-07-2010, 01:47 PM
And this is news why?

Becuase Lou Dobbs has been moaning and groaning about the border issue..

boutons_deux
10-07-2010, 01:49 PM
For the same reason small-govt/hate-all-govt pitbull bitch taking state funds to pay for My Baby was news.

For the same reason that that rabidly anti-gay CA legislator was exposed as gay was news.

For the same reason that Atlanta homophobic black mega-church pastor is actually a pedophile is news

For the same reason that affirmative-action-beneficiary dubya was against affirmative action was news.

Dobbs has been for year rabidly, loudly, incessantlyt anti-immigrant for years, except when they work super cheap him.

CosmicCowboy
10-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Uhhh....guys...

He

1) boarded his daughters horses at a stable he didn't own (that allegedly hired some illegal aliens)

2) He hired a commercial yard service (that allegedly hired some illegal aliens)

They weren't his employees.

Hell he probably ate at a restaurant at some point that hired illegals in the kitchen.

Big fucking deal.

Thats hardly in the same category as cheating on your taxes.

Parker2112
10-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Talked to an illegal yesterday. Removing asbestos from a UT Profs house doing a remodel. Charging like a 1/4 what the guy would have been charged to do it right. This illegal is going to develop emphysema to save this UT prof prick some dough.

Thats the way it works. Thats why all the anger is a convenient, predictable fraud.

Parker2112
10-07-2010, 02:26 PM
double post.

CosmicCowboy
10-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Why the hell were they using asbestos in a house?

coyotes_geek
10-07-2010, 02:28 PM
:lol What a non-story.

Parker2112
10-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Why the hell were they using asbestos in a house?

it was a really old house, and the asbestos was in some ceiling materials

Parker2112
10-07-2010, 02:32 PM
popcorn ceiling

CosmicCowboy
10-07-2010, 02:41 PM
popcorn ceiling

probably not asbestos.

BTW, I have to identify/abate asbestos on jobs.

Even if it was, thats easy material to remove safely. All he had to do was wet it before scraping it off.

That being said, if it was asbestos the homeowner and the illegal were breaking the law. The homeowner can legally remove it himself, but if he hires someone it has to be a licensed abatement company.

Parker2112
10-07-2010, 03:20 PM
That being said, if it was asbestos the homeowner and the illegal were breaking the law. The homeowner can legally remove it himself, but if he hires someone it has to be a licensed abatement company.

This is what I'm thinking was going on, simply because the illegal worker told me that if the homeowner had to get it done professionally the cost was going to be astronomical. I dont think a routine remodel would be so expensive.

Sportcamper
10-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Does Lou Dobbs live in SoCal?

Winehole23
10-07-2010, 05:13 PM
For the same reason small-govt/hate-all-govt pitbull bitch taking state funds to pay for My Baby was news

Dobbs has been for year rabidly, loudly, incessantlyt anti-immigrant for years, except when they work super cheap him.yeah.

4>0rings
10-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Dobbs has been for year rabidly, loudly, incessantlyt anti-immigrant for years, except when they work super cheap him.That's usually the way it is with those kind of people.