PDA

View Full Version : How to Lose Facebook Friends the Fastest

RandomGuy
10-07-2010, 01:38 PM
By BELINDA LUSCOMBE Belinda Luscombe – Wed Oct 6, 4:20 am ET
Now that Facebook has been joined by about one in every 13 people on the planet, it's attracting the attention of the academy. A study out of the University of Denver has studied the top reasons for unfriending. Not, presumably, in an effort to increase world peace, but to see what behavior annoys the kind of friends you only have in cyberspace.

Turns out, drumroll please, it's not that different from real life. You know how you never want to sit next that girl who can only talk about the same rock star? On Facebook, going on and on about the same subject turns people away the most. (More on Time.com: 'Heartbrake': How Rejection Literally Stops Your Heart)

After that it's talking about politics and religion. Posting vulgar or racist comments on your page comes in third. Of course, having a falling out with your friend in real life can lead to unfriending, but in this survey many more people were unfriended for what they did online than offline.

"Researchers spend a lot of time examining how people form friendships online but little is known about how these relationships end," said the author's study Christopher Sibona, a PhD student at Denver's Business School, who used Twitter to survey more than 1500 Facebook members. (More on Time.com: Photos: Inside Facebook Headquarters)

So let's see: talking too much about the same thing, talking about politics or religion or being overly crude - yep, you can get unfriended for the exact same reasons that you can get a radio show.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/httphealthlandtimecom20101006howtolosefacebookfrie ndsthefastestxidrssfullhealthsciyaho

:lol

JudynTX
10-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Ask mrsmaalox about unfriending. :lmao

phxspurfan
10-07-2010, 02:35 PM
reason 10. Posting broken links

mrsmaalox
10-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Ask mrsmaalox about unfriending. :lmao

Hush!! :lol

But now I wield a mighty sword!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Another reason is spamming friends with pages and groups. Lets say this dude's name is XXX, he repeatedly sent a request to be a fan of "XXX's guitar lessons", and after the 4th time I defriended him. I hadn't talked to the guy in two years, once it became clear I wasn't gonna be a fan of his guitar lessons, he should stop sending that stupid request.

CubanMustGo
10-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I got a FR from a guy I used to work with (and who didn't respond to either my earlier FR or a LinkedIn request). Turns out he's plugging his wife's new financial biz. C ya.

Stringer_Bell
10-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Sounds like facebook is more like myspace than myspace now. People plugging shit all the time and just an overall pain in the ass to navigate. I ran from myspace cuz of those damn band friend requests, and all those "like this" invites are just as bad.

I liked facebook when it was simple, when all it was used for was to spy on the hot bitches in your class, find out who your mutual friends were, show up to the same parties, introduce yourself by saying you like Death Cab for Cutie...and then copy her stats homework. That shit was tight!

J.T.
10-08-2010, 12:10 AM
i defriend people all the time if they feel its necessary to flood my news feed with a bunch of random shit all day. for real if you status update more than once or twice a day then fuck you.

IronMexican
10-08-2010, 12:14 AM
i defriend people all the time if they feel its necessary to flood my news feed with a bunch of random shit all day. for real if you status update more than once or twice a day then fuck you.

I update once or twice a week.

BUMP
10-08-2010, 12:19 AM
I update like never

srs

And I never understood why people defriend anybody? It's like teh same tihng as deleting a number from your phone....pointless

IronMexican
10-08-2010, 12:57 AM
I update like never

srs

And I never understood why people defriend anybody? It's like teh same tihng as deleting a number from your phone....pointless

implying I have anyone on my contacts besides mom, dad and Pizza hut
>forever alone

Greg Oden
10-08-2010, 01:00 AM
stop being gay

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-08-2010, 01:08 AM
I update like never

srs

People who's number I have don't spam my phone with pointless crap about their personal guitar lessons.

Trainwreck2100
10-08-2010, 01:17 AM
dud you know where i can get some guitar lessons?

Greg Oden
10-08-2010, 01:25 AM
People who's number I have don't spam my phone with pointless crap about their personal guitar lessons.

some girl who i haven't talked to in a few years forwards me and everyone else in her phone these gay text messages with bible scripture in it from time to time. it's motivating.

IronMexican
10-08-2010, 01:27 AM
:lmao

Bible stuff. That's automatic unfriend. I shut the door whenever those annoying Mexican's or Black people come by.

ploto
10-08-2010, 02:34 AM
No need to unfriend-- you can just block their feed and you won't see what they post.

The people who put up political stuff are blocked quickly- whether I agree or disagree. I also eventually block people who obviously only use it for work.

pawe
10-08-2010, 02:41 AM
I got defriended by a lot of people when I posted Muslims as being violent and intolerant of others.
LOOOOL sensitive muslim fucks.

I also hate online clothing shops tagging my friends. I cant defriend them when its not their fault they got tagged and now they are spamming.

TDMVPDPOY
10-08-2010, 02:49 AM
how about girls who are a 5 who keep on talkin about their beauty and shit and thinkin they are 10s...

fkn pisses me off...

benefactor
10-08-2010, 06:11 AM
I update once or twice a week.
:tu

If that much. Pretty much the only reason I have a Facebook is because I hate talking on the phone.

leemajors
10-08-2010, 06:46 AM
i had some uber christian friends from high school drop me when i posted blind idiot god videos.