PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Glen Robinson...

cqsallie
05-20-2005, 10:58 PM
Can anybody tell me what's happened to Glen Robinson? Is he on a list? IR? or PSL? Nobody's talked about him at all...
Thanks for any information you can provide. :spin

SequSpur
05-20-2005, 11:18 PM
He is fixin to go off on the Suns. :smokin

Boo
05-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Maybe too much good play from Horry and Nazr?

cqsallie
05-20-2005, 11:53 PM
You both could be right, but why not a word about why he didn't play at all last night, only a few minutes the game before and only 12 minutes the game before that. Something's amiss!
Can't understand why nobody's said a word as to why he's lost minutes to the point of disappearing from the scene entirely.
Kori! You have the ears... What do you hear about Robinson?
Thanks!

Obstructed_View
05-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Maybe it's because he completely sucks and can't seem to do anything other than jack up shots and miss defensive assignments.

All I know is if he's on a list, it's a shit list, and it belongs to everybody on the team.

Chris
05-20-2005, 11:55 PM
Robinson had some minutes in this series. He's a streaky player and could never find his rhythm. Pop knows when to bench his players.

PM5K
05-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Glenn will be a Kerr like player who he said he is inspired by, he'll have to be ready when his name is called and it will be depending on matchups, and the flow of the game....

BadlyDrawnBoy
05-20-2005, 11:57 PM
It's all about match ups.

cqsallie
05-21-2005, 12:09 AM
Maybe it's because he completely sucks and can't seem to do anything other than jack up shots and miss defensive assignments.

All I know is if he's on a list, it's a shit list, and it belongs to everybody on the team.
Can you clarify? The PSL (Pop's Shit List) is a possibility, but what do you mean by saying that it belongs to everybody on the team? Are you saying that Big Dog is on everybody on the team's shit list? Is Robinson on the SSL (Spurs' Shit List)?
Thanks!

GSH
05-21-2005, 12:19 AM

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 12:27 AM
Game 3 in Seattle, the Sonics were in the process of a meltdown. A call didn't go their way, Rashard Lewis was right on the verge of getting called for a T, and Robinson had to retaliate - and he got the whistle instead. It was stupid, and Pop yanked him off the floor. I thought he had played reasonably well before that. I got the impression that his disappearance was directly related to that bit of bad judgment. Maybe it wasn't cause-and-effect, but that's when it happens.

Unless I'm thinking of another game, I don't think he was playing well before that. Again, unless I've got the games mixed up, he pulled up for a jumper on a 3 on 2 break instead of passing, he stood there on defense while Ridnour threw a bounce pass right under the basket behind him and he caused a 24 second violation. He's been playing like that this entire series. I don't think he's passed the ball once, and he's not using his head. He's definitely regressed since the Nuggets series.

T Park
05-21-2005, 12:31 AM
I don't think he was playing well before that

he played well in game 1.

They will need Robinson when they go small to defend.

If Robinson can nail some open shots, and play a modicum of defense, he will see lots of minutes VS Phoenix.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 12:36 AM
I agree T Park. The only problems he's had are between his ears so far, and he can fix those and be a big help in the WCF.

Dingle Barry
05-21-2005, 12:56 AM
He's definitely regressed since the Nuggets series.

Veterans dont fucking "regress" over the course of a few games. He may not have been very effective, but the hating on his play is unwarranted given his role.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 01:10 AM
Veterans dont fucking "regress" over the course of a few games. He may not have been very effective, but the hating on his play is unwarranted given his role.
Oh, okay. Then let me rephrase: I wasn't aware that his role had progressed into never passing the ball, not paying attention to what's going on, pushing people into officials and not playing defense.

He played good team basketball and made good decisions in the first round, and then the wheels came off in the second round, because he isn't using his brain. If that's not regression, what word would you choose, other than "hating"?

Mijo
05-21-2005, 01:11 AM
Rasho... cough...

baseline bum
05-21-2005, 02:37 AM
He was useless against Seattle's 3-guard lineups. When Lewis was playing Robinson was needed much more.

Gummi
05-21-2005, 03:58 AM
Like someone said above, it was mostly due to bad matchups for him. Glenn's not going to guard Ridnour, Daniels, or Allen. I would've liked to see him more on Wilkins when he played, but it was mostly due to matchup problems.

And you can't say that a player been horrible when he's only getting spot minutes and garbage time. If Robinson would start and play 30+ minutes, I'm sure he'll be averaging 15 ppg.

johnny00
05-21-2005, 06:37 AM
Glenn will play during the Suns series.

GoldToe
05-21-2005, 06:45 AM
Every dog has his day and the Big Dog will have his against the Suns.

wildbill2u
05-21-2005, 09:08 AM
Can anybody tell me what's happened to Glen Robinson? Is he on a list? IR? or PSL? Nobody's talked about him at all...
Thanks for any information you can provide. :spin

His disappeance in the Sonics series is all part of the plan of POP the Magician. If you can figure it out, or guess his minutes in the Suns series, let me know. :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-21-2005, 09:10 AM
"If Pop when shooters go, so was CIA."

ChumpDumper
05-21-2005, 09:14 AM
He was useless against Seattle's 3-guard lineups. When Lewis was playing Robinson was needed much more.Exactly. GRob was brought on in no small part for the possible match up against Marion. He'll get his time this series.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-21-2005, 09:53 AM
So Obstructed, which guy did you want to see Big Dog guarding:

Antonio
Ridnour
Allen

As others have already hit on, it's the matchups.

I think the Dog will run against both Jim Jackson and probably even Marion.

ALVAREZ6
05-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Robinson sucks...all he will ever do is pull up for a jumper, even on a 3 on 1 fast break...

Rick Von Braun
05-21-2005, 11:12 AM
"If Pop when shooters go, so was CIA."
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

AFLAC!

bigbendbruisebrother
05-21-2005, 12:01 PM
You both could be right, but why not a word about why he didn't play at all last night, only a few minutes the game before and only 12 minutes the game before that. Something's amiss!
Can't understand why nobody's said a word as to why he's lost minutes to the point of disappearing from the scene entirely.
Kori! You have the ears... What do you hear about Robinson?
Thanks!

IMO, Big Dog got his leash tightened after his dumbass shove of Rashard Lewis in game three. That one techinical foul gave Seattle back their adreniline and got them back in the game. Pop does not like headcases, and if he gets any indication that a player is not with the program from a focus standpoint, he will ride pine forever (Steve Smith, Malik Rose, etc.). After the shove, Pop didn't play him for quite a stretch. When Big Dog came back in, he was working his ass off trying to keep up with Seattle's smaller lineup. He missed nearly every shot he took from that point on.

Knowing Pop, he'll keep Big Dog on a short leash until he proves during a short burst that he's 1. not going to do something stupid, 2. continue to play D, and 3. hit his shots. If any of those things go wrong for him, he'll find himself next to Mr. Massenburg until garbage time from here on out.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 01:22 PM
So Obstructed, which guy did you want to see Big Dog guarding:

Antonio
Ridnour
Allen

As others have already hit on, it's the matchups.

I think the Dog will run against both Jim Jackson and probably even Marion.

I'd be surprised to see him guarding anyone, given the defense he played. Let's not fool ourselves about why he's here. No matter who he covers, he's going to be a defensive liability and if he doesn't make good decisions on offense and hit his shots he won't play.

If the matchups with the Sonics were what made him make such stupid decisions, I welcome his contribution to the team in the next round, but I don't quite understand why anyone would think Marion is going to be a better or easier match up for him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Before Rashard went out Glenn was shutting him down. You definitely had an obstructed view if you think he wasn't playing any D.

CosmicCowboy
05-21-2005, 02:12 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/WASE12005200618.jpeg

:lol...damn...I laugh every time I see that picture...that Dude just got OWNED on the internet...

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Before Rashard went out Glenn was shutting him down. You definitely had an obstructed view if you think he wasn't playing any D.
Rashard scored 22 and 19 in games one and two so you must not be talking about those games. So you're saying Glenn shut down Rashard in his blistering four minutes of PT in game 3? Where can I get a pair of those Malik Rose colored glasses? :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I forget, Glenn Robinson was guarding Rashard the entire time Lewis was playing, silly me...

Ginobilly
05-21-2005, 04:24 PM
The big Dogg will bark and fuck the Phoenix Suns doggy style next series. Look for him to get more minutes if Barry keeps on sucking. :angel

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I forget, Glenn Robinson was guarding Rashard the entire time Lewis was playing, silly me...
If he wasn't guarding him, then where did this "shutting down" you refer to take place, in the parking lot?

T Park
05-21-2005, 10:33 PM
I think Big Dog will get more minutes this series due to the matchups.

Once again, he was a victim to matchups.

I think you could see alot of Big Dog vs Jim Jackson in this series.

Kori Ellis
05-21-2005, 10:35 PM
I think Big Dog will get more minutes this series due to the matchups.

The news said he didn't make the trip.

T Park
05-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Yeah just read that.

Wonderfull, Just what the team needed, to be SHORT handed.

Kori Ellis
05-21-2005, 10:39 PM
I think he might still make it there. He's just tending to a family emergency.

T Park
05-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Hope ur right, they need him.

Hell stuff like that usually gets a player in a great mindset.

They dont think about playing, they just play.