PDA

View Full Version : Shaq compares Brook Lopez to Tim Duncan

duncan228
10-08-2010, 12:12 AM
Shaq seems to be mentioning Duncan a lot this year.

Shaq compares B. Lopez to T. Duncan (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/new-jersey-nets/post/_/id/254/shaq-compares-b-lopez-to-t-duncan)
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN

High praise trumped high comedy when Shaquille O'Neal made his postgame comments tonight after the Nets' 96-92 loss to the Boston Celtics, which is notable all by itself.

The level of praise was notable, too, because Shaq made quite the comparison in assessing the talents of New Jersey center Brook Lopez.

"Reminds me of ... I'm going to go with Tim Duncan," O'Neal said. "Classy guy. You'll never hear about him getting in trouble. Great moves, great composure, and you're really not going to faze him. A couple guys will probably try to rough him up, but that's not going to faze him. Good player. Good player."

Keep reading... (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/new-jersey-nets/post/_/id/254/shaq-compares-b-lopez-to-t-duncan)

Leonard Curse
10-08-2010, 12:15 AM
and i compare him to a silver back land roving mammal

phyzik
10-08-2010, 12:20 AM
I dont see how any of what Shaq said could be considered a diss towards Timmy.... If anything, its a complement to Lopez.

Thomas82
10-08-2010, 12:21 AM
I don't know why, but part of me believes that Shaq would have rather been with the Spurs than the Celtics, and wishes he could have a chance to play with TD.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-08-2010, 12:24 AM
What exactly is the problem here? 'cause I just see Shaq saying nothing but positive things about Tim.

phyzik
10-08-2010, 12:24 AM
I don't know why, but part of me believes that Shaq would have rather been with the Spurs than the Celtics, and wishes he could have a chance to play with TD.

I would have loved for the Spurs to get Shaq 3 years ago.... Now? *MAYBE* if it was for the vet minimum.

Thomas82
10-08-2010, 12:55 AM
I would have loved for the Spurs to get Shaq 3 years ago.... Now? *MAYBE* if it was for the vet minimum.

I wouldn't be opposed to it either, but I believe deep down he still wishes he could wear silver & black.

Fpoonsie
10-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Maaaaan, FUCK Shaq!...

...but thanks, that was sweet.

Sisk
10-08-2010, 01:11 AM
I dont see how any of what Shaq said could be considered a diss towards Timmy.... If anything, its a complement to Lopez.

:tu

ynh
10-08-2010, 01:47 AM
Actually there are things that remind me of Duncan about Lopez.. it's not really his ability but his stature, body language, and mechanics. But no way am I saying he is on Duncan's level or anything near him.

Perhaps that is what Shaq is talking about.. he isn't saying that he is on Duncans level.. It's like Piston fans saying that Stuckey reminds them of Wade.. it is how they seem to play the game the same and have the same mechanics.. not in anyway likining their abilities or how good or great they can be/are.

DesignatedT
10-08-2010, 02:38 AM
fuck shaq and fuck lopez. both should be sucking on timmy's jock.

8FOR!3
10-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Nice gesture towards Lopez and it doesn't bother me any, he compares him to Duncan and then says good things about him that are similarities between the two. No problems. I see the comparison and similarities too, but Lopez has around the world and back to go before he ever gets on that level.

SpurCharger
10-08-2010, 10:29 AM
He is A Poor Mans Tim Duncan..... But timmy Plays Defense.... Lopez doesnt...

spurtech09
10-08-2010, 11:12 AM
yep poor mans tim duncan