PDA

View Full Version : Spurs at Suns Sunday at 2:30 pm

Jimcs50
05-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Game 1.

This sucks, I have a golf tournament this weekend including Sunday all afternoon.

I will have to watch it on tape.

PM5K
05-20-2005, 11:10 PM
2:30 our time?

Kori Ellis
05-20-2005, 11:11 PM
2:30 our time?

Yes I believe so.

shyne
Ohhhhh i cant wait, i predict Manu is gonna is gonna carry us on these first 2 road games

PM5K
Yes I believe so.

Crap, I'm barely getting home from partying all night @ 2:30 :blah

Jimcs50
yes 3:30 Eastern time

T Park
2 30 our time.

Great. and Timmy doesnt "Like" day games.

Well timmy, time to start liking them.

englishspursfan
05-20-2005, 11:12 PM
golf sucks..watch the game!!i cant wait an am already planning wiitch pub i,ll be watching it in.roll on sunday.thats after saturday night skinfull of ale..happy weekend everyone,

Jimcs50
05-20-2005, 11:13 PM
This will be Spurs best chance to steal one.

Phoenix should be mentally exhausted still on Sunday, less than 40 hrs from now.

Jimcs50
05-20-2005, 11:14 PM
golf sucks..watch the game!!i cant wait an am already planning wiitch pub i,ll be watching it in.roll on sunday.thats after saturday night skinfull of ale..happy weekend everyone,

This is a major tournament here at my club. A 2 day tournament. I plan to be in 1st place by Sunday.

timvp
05-20-2005, 11:15 PM
Hopefully Tim is ready to roll.

Spurs need game one.

orhe
05-20-2005, 11:15 PM
that early! darn! i hope our sports channels show the game live

T Park
05-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Spurs need game one

switch game and one around and your right.

englishspursfan
05-20-2005, 11:16 PM
what ever floats ya boat mate.i cant wait sat in the sun with (dreadfull american )beer brought by the waitresses.this will be some series,

PM5K
05-20-2005, 11:17 PM
Tim will be ready, he'll show us why he is THE MVP.

Duff McCartney
05-20-2005, 11:18 PM
Is there gonna be a GTG planned?

Jimcs50
05-20-2005, 11:19 PM
Hopefully Tim is ready to roll.

Spurs need game one.

timvp, I will be betting heavily on SA in this game.

I have never been so confident in a game as I am with this one.

There is no way that the Suns will be ready to play on Sunday.

Nash has had the best 3 straight games by a point guard that I have ever seen. He has to be exhausted....he will have a sub par game on Sunday.

Kori Ellis
05-20-2005, 11:19 PM
Is there gonna be a GTG planned?

Yes.

I'll find out tomorrow where it will be.

PM5K
05-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Yes.

I'll find out tomorrow where it will be.

I will be there if I can find my bells....

I heard it was going to be at TimVPs favorite strip club, with the buffet !

T Park
05-20-2005, 11:20 PM
goooooooombassssss hehehehe.

PM5K
05-20-2005, 11:21 PM

You liked that pizza didn't you fucker ?

:lol :lol :lol

Kori Ellis
05-20-2005, 11:21 PM

I have to see how crowded it's going to be. I'd imagine for Sunday early game it's going to be packed. I'll see if they can make room for us.

PM5K
05-20-2005, 11:22 PM
I have to see how crowded it's going to be. I'd imagine for Sunday early game it's going to be packed. I'll see if they can make room for us.

That place is damn small.....

Jimcs50
I wonder if SA will be favored on Sunday.

I say it will be pickem or SA by 1.

Rick Von Braun
I think TP and Manu will have BIG games with lots of penetration. The Suns will collapse on Tim, but Suns' defense is very porous and they don't foul as much as Denver or Seattle.

midgetonadonkey
05-20-2005, 11:23 PM
what is a g2g? i'm a noob

Duff McCartney
05-20-2005, 11:23 PM
You should try Legends kori. It's right next to the Drafthouse...across the street. They have a big room on the left and they have tons of TVs. They have 6 Tvs in that room two that are big screen and one projection like a movie theater.

We went last game and it was really good. Maxpower told me he was gonna tell you about it.

Jimcs50
05-20-2005, 11:24 PM
I think TP and Manu will have BIG games with lots of penetration. The Suns will collapse on Tim, but Suns' defense is very porous and they don't foul as much as Denver or Seattle.

I think Barry will have a huge game on Sunday.

His shot looked better in game 6, and he will love the no defense approach by Phoenix.

Kori Ellis
You should try Legends kori. It's right next to the Drafthouse...across the street. They have a big room on the left and they have tons of TVs. They have 6 Tvs in that room two that are big screen and one projection like a movie theater.

We went last game and it was really good. Maxpower told me he was gonna tell you about it.

Thanks. I'll look into it. The issue is always getting places to save the space for you. Most places during the playoffs won't save space for a group of 30 people. I'll check it out.

PM5K
what is a g2g? i'm a noob

Get To Gether....

Together...

I don't know what asshat came up with that though...

T Park
I have to see how crowded it's going to be. I'd imagine for Sunday early game it's going to be packed. I'll see if they can make room for us

They oughtta, we gave them a shit load of money last night.

Jimcs50
05-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Get To Gether....

Together...

I don't know what asshat came up with that though...

Kori did.

Ban him Kori!!!

:)

PM5K
They oughtta, we gave them a shit load of money last night.

You did ;-)

midgetonadonkey
cool...so some of you guys meet up and drink during the games...that's pretty badass. makes me wish i lived in SA

jcrod
Would someone please explain why we're playing Sunday instead of the heat & pistons?

The heat have been sitting the longest and the pistons finished their seris yest.

Kori Ellis
Kori did.

Ban him Kori!!!

:)

:lol Don't give me credit for that dumb pseudo-acronym.

Kori Ellis
05-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Would someone please explain why we're playing Sunday instead of the heat & pistons?

The heat have been sitting the longest and the pistons finished their seris yest.

The Heat should have played on Sunday but there was a scheduling conflict with something at their arena from what I understand.

PM5K
05-20-2005, 11:26 PM
:spin Kori is far too smart to have come up with that....

midgetonadonkey
05-20-2005, 11:27 PM
when will the series schedule come out? i got tickets for game 4 and just wonder when it's gonna be

Horry For 3!
05-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Ginobiliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Time :) Spurs should be able to win Game 1. I think Spurs have a great chance to win the series too. Suns didn't do much to us in the regular season except in that OT game but we still won. If we stop nash we can win almost every game. Amare is gonna be a biatch to guard but hopefully Nazr will do pretty good on him.

PM5K
05-20-2005, 11:31 PM
Hooters ?

:baby :baby :baby :jack :jack :jack :eyebrows :eyebrows :eyebrows

DayTripper
05-20-2005, 11:31 PM
A get-together. I haven't gone yet, but I bet they're great.

Kori Ellis
05-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Hooters ?

:baby :baby :baby :jack :jack :jack :eyebrows :eyebrows :eyebrows

They don't reserve space no matter what.

Vashner
05-20-2005, 11:33 PM
Game 1.

This sucks, I have a golf tournament this weekend including Sunday all afternoon.

I will have to watch it on tape.

1200 WOAI AM with maybe some earplug phones.

PM5K
05-20-2005, 11:34 PM
They don't reserve space no matter what.

I hope you know I meant that as a joke ;-)

Now for some serious imput, I don't know if I'll find my bells and be able to attend but for such an important game it would be nice to go somewhere you've been before and are comfortable with, rather than some new place that you don't know what to expect and might have issues with....

boutons
05-20-2005, 11:35 PM
"He has to be exhausted."

We heard all year here how the lack of Suns depth was going to hurt them, it hasn't.

... how Nash was going to break down late in the season, he hasn't.

So I don't expect Nash to be tired, nor any of the Suns to be tired Sunday. They certainly didn't look tired in OT tonight. The excitement and pressure of the playoffs will sustain them through tiredness which should be the case any Title contender.

My biggest concerns for Sunday are

1) Tim's ankles

2) Spurs paint defense which depends so much on Tim's ankles. The Suns will hit those short jumpers as well if not better than the Sonics did. The Spurs just cannot leave them open.

3) Spurs defense in general which got beat up pretty bad in the paint by the Sonics, pnr, screen and roll, by the Sonics.

In 7 games, with Tim OK and offense running better because of Suns lack of defense, the Spurs should have no trouble scoring on the Suns.

But Spurs defense just must severely hold the Suns offense to well below their playoff avg of 110 PPG.

These points are so well known as to be banal, but execution is something else.

Winning the game Sunday, stealing HCA, is my fondest dream.

PM5K
05-20-2005, 11:37 PM
That excitement that's unavoidable can actually wear you out. These guys will have a hard time sleeping and will come out over-excited, I wouldn't be shocked if they started out slow and too hopped up...

Jimcs50
05-20-2005, 11:37 PM
boutons, they will be tired...bank on it.

They will fade in 2nd half.

Kori Ellis
05-20-2005, 11:38 PM
Now for some serious imput, I don't know if I'll find my bells and be able to attend but for such an important game it would be nice to go somewhere you've been before and are comfortable with, rather than some new place that you don't know what to expect and might have issues with....

We've had them at a lot of different places before. From Goomba's to Drafthouse to our own house ... and about 10 other places. My issue with Goomba's might be that if we have like 40 people from here, I don't think there's anyway that they'd have room for us in addition to their regular business. So I'll have to talk to people tomorrow and figure it out.

SequSpur
05-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Why did you leave the drafthouse? That was a pretty neat place. I don't know if I will make it Sunday, but I thought the drafthouse was pretty cool.

PM5K
05-20-2005, 11:40 PM
We've had them at a lot of different places before. From Goomba's to Drafthouse to our own house ... and about 10 other places. My issue with Goomba's might be that if we have like 40 people from here, I don't think there's anyway that they'd have room for us in addition to their regular business. So I'll have to talk to people tomorrow and figure it out.

I agree, that place wasn't very big in the first place and there were quite a few of us there and we took up a good part of the room, not only that but the seating made it hard for some people like you and Michelle to see the game, but if they can accomodate you then the food was good, the screens were nice, the staff was nice, and eventhough I don't drink because I have to drive home the beer was cheap...

T Park
05-20-2005, 11:41 PM
If you stay in front of them, and dont fall for up fakes, and DONT LEAVE YOUR MAN, you can guard this team.

there honestly isnt a player that can break a spurs defender down 1 on 1.

Maybe Marion on Bowen.

The starting lineups are gonna be a bitch to matchup with.

Mohammed or Duncan on Marion will be fuckin suck ass.

Kori Ellis
05-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Why did you leave the drafthouse? That was a pretty neat place. I don't know if I will make it Sunday, but I thought the drafthouse was pretty cool.

We only left the Drafthouse because of the Spurs losing 2 in a row that we watched there. No other reason and it doesn't mean we'll never go back.

PM5K
05-20-2005, 11:43 PM
We only left the Drafthouse because of the Spurs losing 2 in a row that we watched there. No other reason and it doesn't mean we'll never go back.

Sounds a little over supersticious to me... There isn't anything wrong with loosing two road games when you have the home court advantage...

SequSpur
05-20-2005, 11:44 PM

Ahhhh............. Superstitious.........

Very good... I ain't never going back to that place again.

cqsallie
05-20-2005, 11:48 PM
That excitement that's unavoidable can actually wear you out. These guys will have a hard time sleeping and will come out over-excited, I wouldn't be shocked if they started out slow and too hopped up...
Dare I say that the same thing will affect us fans? Don't know about you guys, but I was really looking forward to a few days to deal with my NBA ulcer.
Can we hope to find solace in the fact that the Suns ended their series 24 hours later than the Spurs - and, looking down the line, that the Heat have rusted to the point that they will crumble into orange dust at the first physical contact?
Hope spring eternal... :depressed

T Park
05-20-2005, 11:53 PM
I dont think Phoenix gets tired.

For some odd reason they have alot of freakin energy.

They will also be home tommarow while the Spurs will arrive there saturday evening, then gotta get up early.

well, it is a quick turnaround for Phoenix, hopefully they are tired.

If the Spurs can steal game 1, then Phoenix might have something mentally against the Spurs.

The last time they played the Spurs held out their two best players and lost by a minimal margain.

I think the Spurs have more confidence going into this series than people think.

Willinsa
05-21-2005, 12:01 AM
I saw on ESPN that game 3 is sat night at 8:00, and game 4 is Mon at 7:30.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=250520006

PM5K
05-21-2005, 12:03 AM
I dont think Phoenix gets tired.

For some odd reason they have alot of freakin energy.

They will also be home tommarow while the Spurs will arrive there saturday evening, then gotta get up early.

well, it is a quick turnaround for Phoenix, hopefully they are tired.

If the Spurs can steal game 1, then Phoenix might have something mentally against the Spurs.

The last time they played the Spurs held out their two best players and lost by a minimal margain.

I think the Spurs have more confidence going into this series than people think.

Are you insinuating that the Suns use steroids ? :bang :bang

Solid D
05-21-2005, 12:19 AM
When Marion, Q and Stoudamire quit bouncing like kangaroos when they run back to the other end...that's when they' tired.

beirmeistr
05-21-2005, 12:39 AM
I am sure Manu will have a good game, and after several so-so games from TP, he should come back strong against no-defense Nash.

Dingle Barry
05-21-2005, 12:59 AM
shhh no one knows

baseline bum
05-21-2005, 02:26 AM
Better than having to work during game 2 :(

rayray2k8
05-21-2005, 03:06 AM
g2g = "Get together"

boutons
05-21-2005, 06:05 AM
GTG. First time I've heard it explained.

Acronym: a word formed from the initial letter or letters of each of the successive parts or major parts of a compound term .

I thought it was "Going To Game" :)

Jimcs50
05-21-2005, 07:07 AM
I thought it was Give TPark Grief.....all this time I thought I was doing the right thing, now I find out it was all in vain.

:depressed

SLOVENIAN 8
05-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Sun, May 22 Western Conf. Finals
Game 1: Spurs @ Suns
2:30 PM CDT :smokin :smokin

That is really good!!!! :smokin :smokin