PDA

View Full Version : Darrin is running for office?

MannyIsGod
10-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Angle Warns of Islamic Law in Some U.S. Cities
from Taegan Goddard's Political Wire
Nevada U.S. Senate candidate Sharron Angle (R) told supporters that the country needs to address a "militant terrorist situation" that has allowed Islamic religious law to take hold in some American cities, the AP reports.

Said Angle: "My thoughts are these, first of all, Dearborn, Michigan, and Frankford, Texas, are on American soil, and under constitutional law. Not Sharia law. And I don't know how that happened in the United States. It seems to me there is something fundamentally wrong with allowing a foreign system of law to even take hold in any municipality or government situation in our United States."

"Dearborn has a thriving Muslim community. It was not immediately clear why Angle singled out Frankford, Texas, a former town that was annexed into Dallas around 1975."

ChumpDumper
10-08-2010, 11:29 AM
It was not immediately clear why Angle singled out Frankford, Texas, a former town that was annexed into Dallas around 1975."Obviously it was listed in the chain email DarrinS forwarded to her.

MannyIsGod
10-08-2010, 11:31 AM
:lmao

MannyIsGod
10-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Why is she even worried about what people in Dearborn decide should be their law anyway?

boutons_deux
10-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Huck came out against Angle to defend Reid against her slanders.

A top NV Repug endorsed Reid.

tea baggers need to be "2nd Amendment Remedied" :lol (It's The American Way)

boutons_deux
10-08-2010, 11:36 AM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/10/colbert-invites-angle-fearstockcom-scary-immigrant-photos/

George Gervin's Afro
10-08-2010, 12:54 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/10/colbert-invites-angle-fearstockcom-scary-immigrant-photos/

Why aren't there canadian people in the pictures? The Tea Pottiers are said to include all illegal races..yet they use one of hispanic looking people..but,but,but this isn't exclusively about mexicans...:rolleyes

ChumpDumper
10-08-2010, 12:59 PM
They really need to make a real fearstock.com.

George Gervin's Afro
10-08-2010, 01:00 PM
"The fact that Sharron Angle believes American cities have been taken over by militant terrorist organizations that are ruling our citizens under Sharia law shows a terrifying lack of connection with reality and a willingness to subscribe to conspiracy theories that demonstrates she's far too extreme and dangerous to represent Nevada in the U.S. Senate," spokesman Kelly Steele said.

:lmao

LnGrrrR
10-08-2010, 01:53 PM
I think I said this in another thread but... this chick sounds retarded.

DarrinS
10-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Two threads dedicated to me in one week. I'm honored.

DarrinS
10-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Why is she even worried about what people in Dearborn decide should be their law anyway?

No shit. If they want Sharia there, that's their business.

Wild Cobra
10-08-2010, 02:21 PM
They cannot beat you with facts, so they are trying another tactic.

Winehole23
10-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Two threads dedicated to me in one week. I'm honored.Three in about one month. You're a popular guy. :tu

MannyIsGod
10-08-2010, 02:26 PM

Its fitting. You make the forum go round and round.

Stringer_Bell
10-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Why aren't there canadian people in the pictures? The Tea Pottiers are said to include all illegal races..yet they use one of hispanic looking people..but,but,but this isn't exclusively about mexicans...:rolleyes

Canadian Illegals look like White People aka the Tea Baggers. Plus, the only dangerous ones are the brown ones - just look at those rape faces!

LnGrrrR
10-08-2010, 02:39 PM
They cannot beat you with facts, so they are trying another tactic.

DarrinS produces facts, but his ability to tie them together logically is limited.

Winehole23
10-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Mainly by his glibness.

I would say his by laziness and carelessness too, but maybe all that goes along with being glib in the first place.

Winehole23
10-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Darrin's not dumb. He's just infuriatingly glib.

MannyIsGod
10-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Darrin's not dumb. He's just infuriatingly glib.

Some of his WTF moments beg to differ with you. While Darrin shows an amazing proficiency for learning to use certain tools such as youtube I don't think he's going to invent any wheels anytime soon.

DarrinS
10-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Some of his WTF moments beg to differ with you. While Darrin shows an amazing proficiency for learning to use certain tools such as youtube I don't think he's going to invent any wheels anytime soon.

I have four patents and one pending, weatherboy.

clambake
10-08-2010, 03:27 PM

and you have to answer to a boss? hmmmm.....

George Gervin's Afro
10-08-2010, 03:33 PM
and you have to answer to a boss? hmmmm.....

nuance!

clambake
10-08-2010, 03:34 PM
did you invent the 12 hole paper punch?

a lightbulb where you screw the lamp onto it?

ChumpDumper
10-08-2010, 03:34 PM
His boss is a Muslim.

George Gervin's Afro
10-08-2010, 03:44 PM
did you invent the 12 hole paper punch?

a lightbulb where you screw the lamp onto it?

MannyIsGod
10-08-2010, 03:45 PM
:lmao Darrin, then all I can surmise is that you're pretty shitty at invention usable items!!!

:lmao x 3409349083048303484039

DarrinS
10-08-2010, 04:41 PM
:lmao Darrin, then all I can surmise is that you're pretty shitty at invention usable items!!!

:lmao x 3409349083048303484039

Actually, two of my inventions have provided for 30+ employees and their families for the past decade. Can you claim that, weatherboy?

z0sa
10-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Actually, two of my inventions have provided for 30+ employees and their families for the past decade. Can you claim that, weatherboy?

This obviously begs the question: what are your inventions?

Crookshanks
10-08-2010, 04:44 PM

Ouch! :ihit

DarrinS
10-08-2010, 04:50 PM
This obviously begs the question: what are your inventions?

They're all software-related.

MannyIsGod
10-08-2010, 05:12 PM

Nope, you got me beat there. Kudos, Edison.

What are your inventions?

CosmicCowboy
10-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Do 419 letters count as inventions? :p:

MannyIsGod
10-09-2010, 11:12 AM
No answer, Darrin? I'm curious.

Winehole23
10-09-2010, 01:28 PM
If Darrin works for a software company he might not hold the patents outright and might have limited his right to discuss them contractually.

Plus, if Darrin gave you a straightforward answer, someone might be able to identify him. Like, say, his employer. I can definitely see discretion being the better part of valor here.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Just saw this today. Timely.
7 Reasons Computer Glitches Won't Go Away (Ever)

#3. Software Patents

One of the things proponents of free open-source software like to push is the idea that any regular Tom, Dick, or Harry with an idea can add his knowledge and experience to the programs he uses, send it upstream to the creators and have the fruits of his efforts enjoyed by everyone. But in the real world (America), trying to do this will get your ass sued, because anybody could claim that you're stealing his brilliant ideas, such as clicking things without having to click on them again.

The answer to many of life's problems seems to be "because lawyers love money."

In 1991, the patent office lost its taxpayer funding, at which point its patent criteria changed from "Any new and useful art, machine, manufacture or composition of matter" to "Any idea whatsoever for which applicable patent fees are paid" (as Cracked has covered before).

For example, Sega holds a patent on the concept of "using a floating arrow to direct the player," meaning that any game that wants to point at a door, such as Bioshock, has to pony up money to Sega.

Yet, somehow, they manage to avoid paying royalties to the Rand Estate.

You don't even have to have invented the thing you're suing people for. Companies that buy the assets of bankrupted software companies, known as "patent trolls," make a business out of doing nothing but buying the rights to patents on things similar to something that's being done by a bigger company, then forcing the bigger company to either pay up or remove whatever it is the patent troll claims to have a patent on.

For example, in 2003 Microsoft changed Internet Explorer so that you had to click inside any part of the page using a plug-in (such as Flash) before you could use it. This wasn't because Microsoft wanted to -- it had to do this to sidestep a patent on "not clicking on things before you can use them" that a patent troll called Eolas claimed was being infringed.

Which ironically sounds more like a patent elf.

In 2007, Microsoft restored IE to the way it had worked before -- after paying Eolas several million dollars to "license their technology."

A whole lot of the innovation you're using now -- including the basics of your operating system that were developed, not by Microsoft or Apple but by Xerox -- happened before the era of software patents. Otherwise, those innovations may never have happened at all. Who can afford to pay for every little facet of a system that happens to be similar to what someone else invented?

http://www.cracked.com/article_18808_7-reasons-computer-glitches-wont-go-away-ever_p2.html#ixzz11tJho6Wp

MannyIsGod
10-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Darrin is causing my computer to glitch? Sounds about right.

baseline bum
10-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Quick, someone look up the patent on embedded youtube.

Wild Cobra
10-10-2010, 10:31 AM
If Darrin works for a software company he might not hold the patents outright and might have limited his right to discuss them contractually.

Plus, if Darrin gave you a straightforward answer, someone might be able to identify him. Like, say, his employer. I can definitely see discretion being the better part of valor here.
Correct. When you work for someone, your work becomes their property. Then there is the proprietary aspect.

LnGrrrR
10-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Correct. When you work for someone, your work becomes their property. Then there is the proprietary aspect.

Doesn't that depend on whether he makes the software on company time or not?

Wild Cobra
10-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Doesn't that depend on whether he makes the software on company time or not?
Yes, but that was the intent of my statement. Work related. Even if it's not company time, I believe that you cannot gain profit if your patent comes from company proprietary information.