PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: San Antonio Favorite of WC finals

nkdlunch
05-20-2005, 11:18 PM
That's it, if those three fools at ESPN think Spurs are favorites, everyone else will too. We're in that position of favorites now. Not, that we haven't been in that position, but these are the Suns, they have plans of their own. Spurs better have their act together on Sunday !! GO SPURS!!!!

flame
05-20-2005, 11:31 PM
we have a deep bench and favorable matchups. problem is - we dont have homecourt advantage. We will win all 3 at home - its stealing one in phoenix that I have a problem with. The fact that we have a deep bench to throw at phoenix and run the court all evening long will come in handy. But the boys have to hustle back on defense like they were the last round - 3 men back before they inbound. I can see the boys getting lazy and not making it back - possibly lobbying the refs for a call - and phoenix getting some easy points. But as long as we stay vigilant this should be an easy win. Spurs in 6 and ESPN knows it

Obstructed_View
05-20-2005, 11:50 PM
They have the Spurs as favorites so they can spend the entire series talking about what the Suns have to do as underdogs. It's amazing to me that a team with coach of the year, MVP, three point champion, three all-stars and home court advantage isn't even the favorite to win.

Guru of Nothing
05-20-2005, 11:59 PM
It's amazing to me that a team with coach of the year, MVP, three point champion, three all-stars and home court advantage isn't even the favorite to win.

Assuming the Spurs are favored, that is an excellent point.

TDMVPDPOY
05-21-2005, 12:06 AM
To win this game we must keep amare outside the paint, keep nash idle.

boutons
05-21-2005, 12:18 AM
"isn't even the favorite to win."

The Spurs beat the Suns @SBC with defense, then went and beat the Suns @PHX with offense.

Even dumbass journalists know the Suns don't play defense, and the Spurs have NBA-best defense, and PPG differential. Spurs play the entire game, the Suns play only half the game.

Horry For 3!
05-21-2005, 12:20 AM
The main part if the Spurs want to win is to stop nash and hold Amare to somewhat out of the paint. I hope Nazr will do a good job on Amare.

underoath
05-21-2005, 12:28 AM
It said on ESPN that we were the team that had put the most points up against the Suns throughout the regular season.

EDIT: I accidently said teams instead of points.

Solid D
05-21-2005, 12:41 AM
Should be a tough series. The one blowout the Spurs had over the Suns at Christmas-time was when Nash was coming back from a bout with the flu bug. He was depleted and rendered useless by halftime.

T Park
05-21-2005, 12:43 AM
the Suns only win was against a Spurs team without Ginobili or Tim Duncan.

Even then they barely won.

Dingle Barry
05-21-2005, 12:45 AM
They have the Spurs as favorites so they can spend the entire series talking about what the Suns have to do as underdogs. It's amazing to me that a team with coach of the year, MVP, three point champion, three all-stars and home court advantage isn't even the favorite to win.
:tu

Dingle Barry
05-21-2005, 12:46 AM
It said on ESPN that we were the team that had put the most teams up against the Suns throughout the regular season.
:pctoss

cqsallie
05-21-2005, 01:03 AM
They have the Spurs as favorites so they can spend the entire series talking about what the Suns have to do as underdogs...
Very astute observation! Have you noticed that - aside from the games being called and analyzed by homies - the bulk of of the commentary has been about whatever the team playing the Spurs IS doing, SHOULD BE doing, MUST START doing...
The focus has been on the Nuggets and the SuperSonics for 11 games. Why not make the Suns the focus for the next series? :wtf

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 01:14 AM
Very astute observation! Have you noticed that - aside from the games being called and analyzed by homies - the bulk of of the commentary has been about whatever the team playing the Spurs IS doing, SHOULD BE doing, MUST START doing...
The focus has been on the Nuggets and the SuperSonics for 11 games. Why not make the Suns the focus for the next series? :wtf
Yeah, I hate to be one of those guys that bemoans the lack of coverage, but it seems that way to me more often than not. Remember the "what's wrong with the Lakers" headlines during 2003?

nkdlunch
05-21-2005, 02:27 AM
I agree w/everyone. But the main thing that sticks out is that ESPN analysts are pussies. They are fucking scared so they go w/the safe observation, which is, Spurs are superior, they play defense and thus, are the favorites. They might not like the Spurs, but they don't want to look like assholes themselves. That's why they talk mostly about what the Suns gotta do, but deep inside they know Spurs run things.

rayray2k8
05-21-2005, 03:00 AM
well thats a shocker..
since ESPN is known for being spurs haters..
I figured that they were almost retarded enough to
pick the suns over the spurs since phx has home court advantage.

coachtf
05-21-2005, 06:31 AM
Spurs will win in six and lose one at home. That's my opinion but I think we win this series and Manu is the MVP.

Jimcs50
05-21-2005, 07:02 AM

Their supposition is based on playoff experience and defense.

That is a proper way to think about this series.

That does not mean that Phoenix has no shot, because they do.

Nash has been the MVP of the playoffs thus far, and when you have someone that great and that hot, you can win every game.

Rummpd
05-21-2005, 07:19 AM
1) Wade has been MVP of playoffs

2) Spectacular play of Nash was against dallas (better on defense but still ain't tough)

Class Dismissed. Spurs in Six.

wildbill2u
05-21-2005, 09:04 AM
To win this game we must keep amare outside the paint, keep nash idle.

That WOULD be nice! So would making all our ft and 60% of our fg including 3pt shots. :rolleyes

MadDog73
05-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Should be a tough series. The one blowout the Spurs had over the Suns at Christmas-time was when Nash was coming back from a bout with the flu bug. He was depleted and rendered useless by halftime.

Not criticizing Nash by any means, but what are the chances he'll continue this tear he's on against the Spurs defense with 1 day rest?

(Game starts at 2:30 on Sunday, so I'm only counting today as "rest" day).

MadDog73
05-21-2005, 12:05 PM
You Spursies better not underestimate the Suns!

And you better not underestimate the Spurs!!!

TD >>>>>> KG

Jimcs50
05-21-2005, 02:02 PM
1) Wade has been MVP of playoffs

2) Spectacular play of Nash was against dallas (better on defense but still ain't tough)

Class Dismissed. Spurs in Six.

You are so full of shit.

Nash's stats are much better than Wade's stats against pussy competetion. He has played against the 2 worst teams in the playoffs.

Nash is assist leader by a mile, his scoring is only 2 pts behind Wade's and he is shooting a higherpercentage especially from the arc. Also Nash is shooting over 90% from the FT line.

Plus Nash has hit 2 shots that either won the games or put them in OT.

You go sit in the corner with the dunce cap on.

:rolleyes

Jimcs50
05-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Phoenix 130, Dallas 126
DALLAS – After watching Steve Nash dominate the Dallas Mavericks again Friday night in Game 6, I was struck by a single thought: Nash just completed one of the greatest series performances in NBA playoff history. -Steve Kerr-5-20-05

Nuff said

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 02:24 PM
I don't know how anyone can pick a playoff MVP before the conference finals. Nash and Wade will show whether they are contenders or pretenders in the upcoming round.

Jimcs50
05-21-2005, 02:37 PM
I don't know how anyone can pick a playoff MVP before the conference finals. Nash and Wade will show whether they are contenders or pretenders in the upcoming round.

I said so far...and he took umbrage to my statement.

After SA finishes with Nash, he will be just your average Joe Blow.

:)

pooh
05-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Nash and the Suns aren't going to roll over for the Spurs. The Spurs will not win three or four in a row off them either. Don't be surprised if tomorrows game isn't a 15-20 blowout by the Suns.

Jimcs50
05-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Nash and the Suns aren't going to roll over for the Spurs. The Spurs will not win three or four in a row off them either. Don't be surprised if tomorrows game isn't a 15-20 blowout by the Suns.

And we will not be surprised if you have the first same sex marriage at FullSport Press.

:lol

Matrix
05-21-2005, 09:02 PM

You know I never looked at that way. But they're probably thinking the spurs have been here before, and the SUNS haven't made it to the WCF since Barkley (92-93), so until the SUNS do something in the playoffs, besides win regular seasons awards, they are always going to go with the veteran team.