PDA

View Full Version : Manu named ARG Athlete of the Decade

ace3g
10-08-2010, 03:37 PM
manuginobili Manu Ginobili
Thx to the Konex Foundation 4 selecting me as the ARG athlete of the decade. What an honor! http://bit.ly/9kCY3X

manuginobili Manu Ginobili
Muchísimas gracias a la Fund. Konex y su jurado x premiarme c el Konex de Brillante! Qué gran honor!! http://bit.ly/cTG3xm

TDMVPDPOY
10-08-2010, 09:56 PM
no messi?

Solid D
10-08-2010, 10:25 PM
no messi?

If the award was based on the past 5 years maybe so. Manu's Olympic gold medal, 3 NBA championships plus his European awards over the past decade are a more impressive body of work.

elemento
10-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Messi?

How one of the biggest chokers with the national Argentinian team can be the Argentinian athlete of the decade ?

Well deserved Manu

TDMVPDPOY
10-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Messi?

How one of the biggest chokers with the national Argentinian team can be the Argentinian athlete of the decade ?

Well deserved Manu

just puttin his name out there since he has that god thread in other sports section, and everyone is on his nuts...

ElNono
10-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Messi will win it if he wins a World Cup... he's young... next decade...

elemento
10-08-2010, 10:44 PM
i mean

Messi is the best player in the world (it's a brazilian saying that).

But he is just not the same player for the national team. No even close to be honest.

I see him just as i saw Ronaldinho Gaucho a few years ago. The best player in the world that couldn't do shit for the brazilian national team.

Josepatches_
10-09-2010, 12:43 AM
It's easy to be the best player when your teammates are Xavi or Iniesta but he's not as good when he plays with his national team. Messi only had won in Barcelona where his teammates are some of the best players of the world as well.In fact his teammates had won the World Cup and the Eurocup with Spain.

Manu was a winner in Europe,in the NBA and with the national team.He was a winner everywhere he was.

mabrignani
10-09-2010, 12:50 AM
messi aint got shit on MANU!!!!

fuck messi

romain.star
10-09-2010, 04:01 AM
Well deserved Manu !

However, Messi should be a close second:

IMHO

3 NBA titles, 1 Olympic gold medal, 1 Euroleague, 1 Serie A

more or less =

4 Ligas, 2 Champions League, 1 Copa del Rey, 1 Olympic gold medal, Junior World Champion

SplitterHook
10-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Well deserved Manu !

IMHO

more or less =

4 Ligas, 2 Champions League, 1 Copa del Rey, 1 Olympic gold medal, Junior World Champion

The football tournament in the olympics isn't valued that much by football fans.

It's basically a under23 tournament, so apart from the youth tourneys he hasn't won shit for the Argentinian NT thus Argentinians wont value him as much as guys that win trophies for them (last time they won a senior trophy in football was back in 1993.)

Obviously, Messi is a much better football player (which the most important sport in the world) than Ginobli is as a basketball player. Not even close...

Anyway, winning the gold medal in Basketball while playing for Argentina equals 20 la ligas won playing for barça or madrid and I'm not exaggerating.

That probably wont ever happen again.

Solid D
10-09-2010, 11:10 AM
If there was an award for "ARG Competitor of the Decade, Year, Month, Week, etc.", Manu would win over Messi.

ElNono
10-09-2010, 11:41 AM
The football tournament in the olympics isn't valued that much by football fans.

It's basically a under23 tournament, so apart from the youth tourneys he hasn't won shit for the Argentinian NT thus Argentinians wont value him as much as guys that win trophies for them (last time they won a senior trophy in football was back in 1993.)

Obviously, Messi is a much better football player (which the most important sport in the world) than Ginobli is as a basketball player. Not even close...

Anyway, winning the gold medal in Basketball while playing for Argentina equals 20 la ligas won playing for barça or madrid and I'm not exaggerating.

That probably wont ever happen again.

Messi could start helping ARG win the Copa America next month or whenever that is. The senior ARG team hasn't won shit since the 90's.

ElNono
10-09-2010, 11:41 AM

fuck messi

LOL Italy

DAF86
10-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Messi isn't an underachiever with Argentina, he won everything he had to win at his age (22) the under-20 WC (beign the tournaments' best player and top scorer) and the Olympics on probably the only chance he had to win it. He has like 10 years to win a "Copa America", and a WC. However he has been what he is right now for only half a decade, so Manu definitely deserves the award.

Latarian Milton
10-09-2010, 08:32 PM

fuck messi

messi hasn't lost enough hair to deserve the honour tbh. he'll wait till his scalp is exposed to light then this honor of the next decade will be a locked one for him tbh.

DrSteffo
10-10-2010, 04:58 AM
Messi is the best football player in the world. Football is a much bigger sport than bball. This is a great acknowledgement to the great Manu.

ALVAREZ6
10-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Well deserved Manu !

IMHO

more or less =

Not sure if I agree... winning La Liga is not even close to winning an nba championship because it's such a top sided league that realistically only 2 or 3 teams have a legitimate shot at winning. All of the best talent is spread about 2 or 3 teams, and this is just the way football is with their system, rich football clubs with no salary cap.

Obilivo
10-11-2010, 01:49 AM
Manu,you deserve it! Congratulation!

romain.star
10-11-2010, 03:02 AM
Not sure if I agree... winning La Liga is not even close to winning an nba championship because it's such a top sided league that realistically only 2 or 3 teams have a legitimate shot at winning. All of the best talent is spread about 2 or 3 teams, and this is just the way football is with their system, rich football clubs with no salary cap.

you're right on that La Liga stuff

the real question here is: does a Champions League victory match a NBA ring?