PDA

View Full Version : Way to take fall for a "loser" avery.

T Park
05-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Stands up for Stackhouse's stupid ass shot at the end of regulation, and calls him a "warrior"

sure avery.

Just make sure you cut his ass loose.

Stackhouse is another in a long line of "losers" on the Mavericks.

You missed Van Horn??? Now I KNOW your full of shit.

SequSpur
05-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Stackhouse is pretty good. If he was on the Spurs, you would have his jersey.

PM5K
05-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Stands up for Stackhouse's stupid ass shot at the end of regulation, and calls him a "warrior"

sure avery.

If he has any say I'm sure he will get rid of Stack....

timvp
05-20-2005, 11:31 PM
AJ was one good defensive stand and one win away from taking a semi-scrub team to the WCF. What good players are on Dallas outside of Dirk?

Taking players like Stackhouse, Van Horn and Dampier this far is beyond what most could expect.

orhe
05-20-2005, 11:40 PM
whattttt...
Avery didn't have control of his team. that was their demise

IcemanCometh
05-20-2005, 11:41 PM
yeah cause a coach should hang his players out to dry after a loss doucher

T Park
05-20-2005, 11:44 PM
Stackhouse is pretty good

god you root for the HORRIBLE guys dont you.

Stackhouse is an absolute LOSER.

Fuck Stackhouse.

We warned mavericks fans about that loser trade this past summer when they traded Jamison for Laettner and Stackhouse.

Freakin Mavericks couldve used him.

Obstructed_View
05-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Stackhouse has always been a selfish loser who chokes. What do you bet he has some crappy sound bite sometime in the next couple of days?

Vashner
05-21-2005, 02:05 AM
What they blew a 15 pt lead? Avery still has the choke virus in him ?

rayray2k8
05-21-2005, 03:03 AM
I hate to say this but, sounds to me like AJ was making excuses for them
losing.

JustSpurs
05-21-2005, 06:24 AM
Maybe AJ can make excuses for Cubans( I look like Tootie from Facts Of Life) hair.

picnroll
05-21-2005, 06:34 AM
Dirk's incredibly sucky defense was more than any team could overcome. He's got to be the worst defensive player in the NBA.

Mavs player I'd be happy to have on the Spurs is Howard.

johnny00
05-21-2005, 06:40 AM
Dirk's incredibly sucky defense was more than any team could overcome. He's got to be the worst defensive player in the NBA.

Mavs player I'd be happy to have on the Spurs is Howard.
The Spurs and every other NBA franchise.

Jimcs50
05-21-2005, 06:56 AM
I am just happy Nash hit that 3 pointer.

ALVAREZ6
05-21-2005, 07:16 AM
I was so surprised that neither teams called time out at the end...I thought Dirk should have taken that last shot.

Dirk was pissed at Terry for doing a terrible job on Nash, he basically gave up the game. The Mavs had that game won.

johnny00
05-21-2005, 07:26 AM
When you lose a sixteen point lead with what? 5-6 minutes left?
I got to believe that was a team effort.

Mark in Austin
05-21-2005, 08:01 AM
My perdiction for what happens in Dallas:

Either Avery will become a mentor for Dirk, and toughen him up both mentally and physically, or one of them will be gone within two years.

...and any coach depending on Van Horrible to do anything beyond take up space on the bench in the postseason still has a hell of a lot to learn.

CHAMPS AGAIN
05-21-2005, 08:34 AM
AJ was one good defensive stand and one win away from taking a semi-scrub team to the WCF. What good players are on Dallas outside of Dirk?

Taking players like Stackhouse, Van Horn and Dampier this far is beyond what most could expect.

won 58 games for the season and 35 western conference games I don't think they are a semi-scrub team.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-21-2005, 08:50 AM
I think it's hilarious that Dirk yelled at Terry when Dirk was letting Nash drive by him for layups.

Then the guy went 0-fer in OT. What a chump ass.

TMSKILZ
05-21-2005, 10:20 AM
I agree, Dirk was too vocal on his teammates. Dirk was correct for getting on Terry for letting Nash attempt such an open 3, if you watch replay, Terry bit on Nash's fake drive, but why bite on it when what the Suns needed was a 3?

As many have said, Dirk should scream @ himself as he did his teammates, for missing that key FT & missing shots in key situations late in the 4th Qtr & doing nasa in OT.

Maybe he rushed it, but that 3pt attempt in OT was disgusting.

I wished DAL had won only for the simple fact that it would have given the Spurs more time to rest & heal as best they could.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Two things:

won 58 games for the season and 35 western conference games I don't think they are a semi-scrub team.

Careful, you'll break up the Avery Johnson circle jerk.

As for Dirk, I don't see him kicking himself in the ass for that bonehead foul on Marion on the fastbreak where Matrix already had the layup and Dirk fouled him from behind for the And1.

violentkitten
05-21-2005, 12:11 PM
avery needs a full season to implement his coaching philosophy and lean on management to bring in the types of players that will fit that. i expect that we will see a marked improvement in the mavs over the next couple of seasons.

SpursWoman
05-21-2005, 12:15 PM

sure avery.

If Avery learned anything from Pop, as it looks like he must have, it's to not trash your players in public. I don't think that's a bad philosophy, regardless of what's said in private.

Spurminator
05-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Careful, you'll break up the Avery Johnson circle jerk.

Yeah, it's a virtual Avery Johnson lovefest in here, what with the three "Ha ha Avery sucks" threads started after every Mavs loss.

Seems to me the circle jerk is on the other end.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-21-2005, 12:27 PM
avery needs a full season to implement his coaching philosophy and lean on management to bring in the types of players that will fit that. i expect that we will see a marked improvement in the mavs over the next couple of seasons.

That was a very reserved and rational post violentkitten. How disturbing.

SPURS21
05-21-2005, 12:30 PM
i duno how you can call jason terry a scrub

and his defense was suprisingly good last nite

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 01:36 PM
That was a very reserved and rational post violentkitten. How disturbing.
I agree. Looks like someone ran out of booze. Next thing we know he'll be using the shift key at the beginning of sentences.

Back to the topic, if someone ever teaches Dirk that seven footers should block shots instead of swiping at the ball when it's waist-high he'll become a decent defender. His problem is mental, since we have a Frenchman that shows up more often for big games.

TOP-CHERRY
05-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Dirk's just not built to be a leader. And having no leader will never save the Mavs from never reaching the finals.

(Whoa, that was a lot of negatives, huh? :lol )

TOP-CHERRY
05-21-2005, 01:51 PM
It took awhile for Timmy to become outspoken, vocal and a great leader players revolve around, not just in the court, but off it too. It took time, but he finally got there. In spite of his humbleness, he did it because he knew DRob was no longer gonna be there, and he fought his mental insecurities and did it. He knew it was the only way to help HIS team win.

Dirk hasn't been able to do that. And more than being because of his humbleness, it's because he lacks that tough mind Tim and others have.

But calling out publicly his own players, who by the way lack team chemistry as it is, is plain stupid and cocky. Way to take it to the extreme, Dirk.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 01:57 PM
i duno how you can call jason terry a scrub

and his defense was suprisingly good last nite

The fact that his defense was "surprisingly good", yet he still made Steve Nash look like the love child of Magic and Stockton is a pretty good reason to call him a scrub. He took 25 shots and had like 2 assists. While I'm sure Mavericks fans are thrilled with him since points are the only stat they pay attention to, one trait of scrubs IMO is they get stats and don't contribute to victories.

The Mavs have a collection of big name cast-offs, contract year heroes and salary cap stains on their roster and oh, by the way, they let the MVP get away to come back and knock them out of the playoffs. Their owner likes to treat players like Yu-Gi-Oh cards and they never have any consistency on their roster. They've now been trading bad players for bad players and bad contracts for bad contracts for so many years that people forget that the team is supposed to improve.

SPURS21
05-21-2005, 02:35 PM
Terry went 13-25 - 52%
Nash went 14-24 - 58%

Terry did play good defense there were a number of tips and deflections on his part that don't show up in the stats. Don't forget Nash is the mvp of the league he is no scrub... Suns ran a ton of pick n roll's and the rest of Dallas' team played horrible defense, if Terry had any help defense the mavs woulda won last nite. Terry has never been known to be a pass first point guard, no one expects alot of assists form him. He did however give Nash that three to send it to OT

50 cent
05-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Dirk is just a big pussy.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 06:56 PM
Terry went 13-25 - 52%
Nash went 14-24 - 58%

Terry did play good defense there were a number of tips and deflections on his part that don't show up in the stats. Don't forget Nash is the mvp of the league he is no scrub... Suns ran a ton of pick n roll's and the rest of Dallas' team played horrible defense, if Terry had any help defense the mavs woulda won last nite. Terry has never been known to be a pass first point guard, no one expects alot of assists form him. He did however give Nash that three to send it to OT
The Mavericks had 8 steals as a team so I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree. Terry didn't do badly considering it's his first trip to the playoffs, but he didn't really impress me. He certainly didn't give me any reason to think he's remotely a good replacement for Nash. If he's not a pass-first point guard, then the Mavericks are all the more moronic for picking him up. Then again, this is the team that originally thought Devin Harris would be their starter, and I don't remember the last time he cracked the rotation.

slayermin
05-21-2005, 07:31 PM
That loser Avery could provide Pop with a nice scouting report.

Hopefully, Pop and Avery still are close enough to share info.

boutons
05-21-2005, 07:36 PM
"provide Pop with a nice scouting report.'

Spurs must already have their own tapes of all Mavs-Suns games (and Pistons, Heat,...).