PDA

View Full Version : Which team has the biggest pressure to win a title this year?

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Lakers- I think the Lakers have the biggest pressure among them all. What's at stake:

Phil Jackon's 4th Three Peat
Kobe's last chance to win at an MVP Finals level and match Shaq led Three Peat Lakers team

Spurs- Pop will get to use his blueprint of relying on a deep cast of role players to support the three headed attack of Duncan, Ginobili and Parker one last time. Their once contrasting but equally effective methods are becoming a thing of the past. No championship this year means Tony Parker will most likely sign somewhere else and this spells doom for the franchise.

Celtics- The team comprise of former NBA Superstars windows shuts down this year. I have to give Danny Ainge some props, he knows size and experience is all the Celtics got, so he went all out and signed two more big bodies to preserve KG's health and keep the Celtics in the fight while Perkins recuperates. For this storied franchise, this is their absolute last chance to win an NBA title before the Heat rightfully owns the NBA title for many years to come. The next few years will be pretty horrible for Celtics fans as management tries to unload undesirable contracts.

Heat- I get it. The big three automatically puts a huge amount of pressure for Miami to win it all. I agree to a certain extent, but GM's picks the Lakers to win it all this year, so the Heat gets a pass this season because its their first season under a pretty predictable coach.

Giuseppe
10-09-2010, 12:58 PM
The raw litany is correct, though the verbiage is sadly freighted in manure.

Media will run interference for Miami.

It's on us, per usual.

ohmwrecker
10-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I thought the Spurs weren't contenders?

BUMP
10-09-2010, 01:10 PM
lol Spurs contenders

ohmwrecker
10-09-2010, 01:56 PM
lol others

Jose Canseco
10-09-2010, 02:05 PM
This is Boston's last chance with their core. They don't win it this season, they won't win another one with Pierce/KG/Allen as the main three. They'll either need to do a complete rebuild or have another drastic off-season like they did in 2007. Who knows when that will happen again.

Defending champs always have a target on their backs. And this year is special for the Lakers since Phil Jackson is definitely retiring and their window is starting to close. But I think they can contend for a couple more seasons after this upcoming one. I don't think that's the case with Boston.

Whether or not the Spurs can win a title this year, I don't think they have much pressure because I don't think many people expect them to legitimately contend. They should still be a pretty good team, but even if Splitter is as good as advertised, they're a dark horse at best.

The Heat have the next 5-6 years to make their mark. There are a lot of expectations, but because their window is so wide open, I don't think it will be devastating if they don't win one in year 1.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
10-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Arguably, the pressure is near equal among the Lakers, Celtics and Heat. Tiebreaking it:

Boston: A win and they shoot for one more, contracts start ending in 2012, age is setting in. A loss, and they just relax and see what they can do next year.
Lakers: A win and they justify everything the team was built for. A loss and they have 3 more years of contracts to exploit. Pressure grows each year.
Heat: A win and their rebuild is justified. A loss and they dig in and see what they're made of next year.

Dallas and Orlando have a lot of pressure. They want to get back to the finals, and haven't yet. Maybe they have more than the first 3, it's subjective. Portland is still young. Spurs should feel no pressure and just play and see what they can do. Tim's contract expires in 2012, so maybe one last roll of the dice is still coming.

HarlemHeat37
10-09-2010, 03:22 PM
:lol Luva must have really enjoyed seeing his man Bosh dominate OKC last night..

Chillen
10-09-2010, 03:44 PM
I know people are gonna say it's Miami but I feel it's the Lakers title to lose. They are now back2back NBA champions and have the oppurtunity to 3peat which would be the Lakers first 3peat since the Kobe&Shaq led team. Boston is always in the hunt, Miami has pressure but if they don't do it people will expect them to next season, the Lakers have a very deep, talented team and have got the championship experience now to win it all for the 3rd straight year. All the pressure is on the Los Angeles Lakers if you ask me, no other team has as much pressure as them to do it.

Chillen
10-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Arguably, the pressure is near equal among the Lakers, Celtics and Heat. Tiebreaking it:

No way, it's not even close. Lakers are back2back NBA champions, no other team in the NBA can brag on making the NBA finals 3 straight years and winning the NBA title twice. It's not even close...it's Lakers championship to lose.

Giuseppe
10-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Yep, Miami is trapped by Boston. Instead of going softly into the good night after we beat 'em, Ainge got his back up and basically went to the mattresses. That's not only bad for us, but, lethal for Miami.

Koolaid_Man
10-09-2010, 04:06 PM
:lol Luva must have really enjoyed seeing his man Bosh dominate OKC last night..

Man...Woman...Monster or Homo...I report you decide...:rollin

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/chris-bosh-velociraptor-1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/boshrup-1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/avatarcharacterp-1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/home-rupaul-1.jpg http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/boshrupaul.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/predator.jpg http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/chris-bosh-predator.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/1284298871chris_bosh_gay1.jpg http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/AdrienneWilliamsandChrisBoshEngagedPics.jpg

Giuseppe
10-09-2010, 04:08 PM
^ Gosh, I wish my leg folded over like that. Looks so comfy.

Ace
10-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Lakers and especially with the decline of Kobe.

Giuseppe
10-09-2010, 04:40 PM
James could have a decline if he ever had an incline.

TD 21
10-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Depends. If you mean external pressure, it's the Heat. If you mean internal pressure, it's got to be the Celtics and Spurs, followed by the Lakers.

The reality is, no matter how much hype and attention the Heat generate, their core is in their prime and barring a career altering or ending injury to one them, they'll have numerous chances to win the championship.

The same can't be said for the other three.

TheManFromAcme
10-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Simple;

- Spurs are still contenders. Lets not be silly here. They will be there in the mix

- The pressure is definitely on the Heat after all this hype

- Pressure on L.A.? Nah. Should they make it to the finals it will be their 4th straight and if they reach that point, which all indications point that way, it will be another day at the office.

There. That was simple

Venti Quattro
10-09-2010, 08:04 PM
LA. Phil made it this far and he doesn't really expect to lose even with the South Beach Talents' assembly. He wants to keep that "in threes" thing before he parks it in Montana.

AussieFanKurt
10-09-2010, 10:06 PM
The Heat because if they can't win with wade, lecrab and bosh it is fucking retarded. Anyone mofo could coach them to a ring

jag
10-09-2010, 10:46 PM
I'll go with the Mavs

Juanobili
10-09-2010, 11:02 PM
The Heat, obviously?

picc84
10-09-2010, 11:26 PM
The Lakers, of course. The Heat are going to win 8 straight championships, and they aren't supposed to win any of them. (until they do)

SourCandy
10-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Heat

LkrFan
10-10-2010, 02:27 AM
I chose the Celtics. They have some aging vets that need to do it now. The Lakers? Not so much. Pressure is staring at a 13 point deficit in a game 7 of the Finals. They dropped the hammer defensively on the Celtics and won going away.

Maybe I should have chose the Heat. After LeHype said they are winning the next 7 titles he needs to deliver. When they fail, I think one of their big 3 asks for a trade. Probably Wade - since the Heat look like the Cavs with Wade out of the lineup.

Giuseppe
10-10-2010, 07:16 AM
Pressure is staring at a 13 point deficit in a game 7 of the Finals.

It was at that point that Luva got reactivated. :toast

LkrFan
10-10-2010, 08:33 AM
It was at that point that Luva got reactivated. :toast

Damn I wish I had a Sp*rsTalk account back then. :lol

Giuseppe
10-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Luva's reinstatement brought us back from the brink of loss & extinction. Well, that and Fish's 3 and Kobe's shovel to the Art man.

But, it all started with Luva's return to the bosom of his Laker Brothers.

Venti Quattro
10-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Did luva play in game 7? Why are you sucking on his dick so much? Did you find out that he's a kid and therefore a pedo material, cubby?

Ace
10-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Did luva play in game 7? Why are you sucking on his dick so much? Did you find out that he's a kid and therefore a pedo material, cubby?
He fell in love

Giuseppe
10-10-2010, 10:21 AM

Come ta Pappy.

duhoh
10-10-2010, 10:24 AM
the amount of pedo jokes here makes it dangerously close to 4chan.

Giuseppe
10-10-2010, 10:35 AM
It was nice though to see Venti finally shit. Christ, he's been holding it in since he lit.

tee, hee.

8FOR!3
10-10-2010, 10:41 AM
The Minnesota Timberwolves have the most pressure this year. They brought in Michael Beasley, that was the key to the offseason, now they've got to win the championship, they stacked.

21_Blessings
10-10-2010, 11:47 AM
They are now back2back NBA champions and have the oppurtunity to 3peat which would be the Lakers first 3peat since the Kobe&Shaq led team.

:lobt: :lobt: :lobt: :rollin :lobt: :lobt: :lobt2: