PDA

View Full Version : E-Mail Inboxes

ashbeeigh
10-09-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm sure it depends on the person...but i was just wondering how other people do arrange their inboxes (I'm kind of a geek like that).

Do you have a time limit for how long things stay there?
Do they stay there forever or until you run out of space?
Do you delete them right away right after you're done using them/need them?
Do you arrange them by folder?

I might start arranging my school e-mail into folders as it just started last week and I already have like 35 new messages.

I never delete a work email just to ensure there is always a paper trail for something.

And for personal things I keep most of them that may be necessary now or in the future but delete mass mailings like sales and political campaign things right away.

How do you arrange things?

CosmicCowboy
10-09-2010, 05:11 PM
I delete all trash emails but keep the rest...I've got about 10,000 in my in-box. It's surprising how often I'll go back and search for info I have in there...I've also got the inbox sorted by categories...e-bills to pay, bills (for payment confirmations), a public service folder for my charitable stuff, a super high priority work folder, and a folder for my dead sisters business that I handle.

Kori Ellis
10-09-2010, 05:31 PM
I get hundreds of email a day and have a few (six?) email addresses. The main one, I have about 18K emails currently and the second one I have 12K. I delete stuff that I obviously don't need and have a lot of folders set up to keep organized. Plus I use the "Archive" on gmail as a catchall of stuff I want to keep but doesn't deserve to be in a folder.

ploto
10-09-2010, 06:17 PM
I delete almost everything. I currently have less than 200 saved e-mails. I go through regularly and delete items when I do not need them anymore. For example, for bills, when the next bill comes and shows payment, I delete the previous one. I am not a pack rat in real life, nor with my e-mails. Those things that really matter I arrange in folders. Most of what I have saved either relates to financial matters or documentation dealing with my ex.