PDA

View Full Version : What's the common thread here?

GSH
05-20-2005, 11:46 PM
Never mind. My mistake. Larry Brown will probably accuse Bowen of being dirty, and D'Antoni will claim that Manu is bad for the game of basketball.

timvp
05-20-2005, 11:48 PM
Larry Brown is the biggest whiner in all of sports. D'Antoni and Sarver are right up there as well.

boutons
05-20-2005, 11:48 PM
"The other coaches and players in the league should take the hint."

Don't count on it. That's why they are all Gone Fishin.

Kori Ellis
05-20-2005, 11:49 PM
Larry Brown is the biggest whiner in all of sports. D'Antoni and Sarver are right up there as well.

Yeah, hasn't Larry even been fined several times for bitching about the refs?

T Park
05-20-2005, 11:54 PM
D Antoni and Sarver might be whining about Bowen and Mohammed's "Thug" play here during this series.

GSH
05-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Post your own version.

Kori Ellis
05-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Bitching about the calls in a game is one thing. I would bet nearly every NBA coach has been fined for it at one time or another.

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about Larry Brown getting fined for comments to the media regarding the officiating. The same way that both Karl and McMillan did. He's famous for it.

adrienne
05-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Oh just you wait on D'Antoni.

T Park
05-21-2005, 12:14 AM
I would bet nearly every NBA coach has been fined for it at one time or another

not totally positive, but I can almost garauntee that pop hasnt been fined for postgame comments about the Refs.

Kori Ellis
05-21-2005, 12:14 AM
Here's just a few examples from Larry Brown ....

Larry Brown Fined $35,000 For Criticizing Referees
29th January, 2005 - 7:11 pm
The Sports Network - Detroit Pistons head coach Larry Brown received the fine for comments critical of the referees after a 86-83 loss to Minnesota earlier this week.

Brown complained after Monday’s game about a block by Minnesota's Eddie Griffin that he thought should have been called goaltending. Brown also said the officials missed several over-the-back fouls by the Timberwolves.

Brown called the officiating "a joke."

Larry Brown Fined $15,000 For Official Abuse
23rd December, 2004 - 5:38 pm
USA Today - Detroit Pistons coach Larry Brown was fined $15,000 by the NBA on Thursday for verbal abuse of an official, a day after he had to be restrained during a postgame argument with referee Anthony Jordan.

"The guy wouldn't talk to me during the game, and I can't understand that — I wasn't being discourteous," Brown said after the game. "Well, maybe I was at the end, and I suppose I'll hear about that."

Detroit’s Larry Brown Fined $7,500
NEW YORK, May 12 – Detroit Pistons head coach Larry Brown has been fined $7,500 for publicly criticizing the officials, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President, Basketball Operations.

Brown was fined for comments he made that appeared in publications printed on Tuesday, May 11.

Kori Ellis
05-21-2005, 12:16 AM
More Larry Brown B.S. just from last round, bitching about Reggie ...

"It just hurts when you've got to lose a game without people making a shot and just putting them on the free throw line," Brown said.

And:

"I can't imagine how this sport is evolving now where they put you in situations where other people (officials) determine games. It just blows me away."

And:

"I'd rather lose it that way than have somebody inventing things for them."

The play that inspired most of Brown's ire was the one that will soon be added to the Reggie Miller Archives. With his team leading 77-74, Miller took the ball on the wing, cleared some (cough) space, stepped back and hit the jump shot with 10.7 seconds left.

"You look at that on the film and you tell me what he (Miller) did," Brown said. "He made a great shot, an unbelievable shot, and I've seen him do it over and over again. But watch it on the film and you write it down and tell me how he got that shot. You write it down and you send me your judgment."

Solid D
05-21-2005, 12:27 AM
I don't think of D'Antoni as a whiner. He looks upon the Spurs with the highest regard and favor, from the top of the organization down.

GSH
05-21-2005, 01:08 AM