PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling it....

E-RockWill
10-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Tony Parker will get a contract extension & stay w/ the Spurs. Say what you will, but I'm pretty sure of it. Also, he seems to be in 2003 shape or better (which seems to be the norm among the vets). Get ready, Spurs fans......

MaNu4Tres
10-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Pretty bold prediction...

I'm calling it right now, either he's a Spur next year or he's not... Yeah I said it.

Leetonidas
10-10-2010, 12:46 PM
If Parker looks like he's in his second season then we're in trouble

ChuckD
10-10-2010, 01:20 PM
If Parker looks like he's in his second season then we're in trouble

Uh, I think he's talking physical conditioning, not game knowledge. If Tony is in 2003 shape, the Spurs are a dangerous team.

E-RockWill
10-10-2010, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE=ChuckD;4667814]Uh, I think he's talking physical conditioning, not game knowledge. If Tony is in 2003 shape, the Spurs are a dangerous team.[/QU Correct, sir. I am certain of my statement & believe its' validity. So, we can start talking future lineups that include TP after this season.

Russ
10-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Tony Parker will get a contract extension & stay w/ the Spurs.

Parker will stay because it's his best option (and because he's a bit of a homebody).

Everybody reads great significance into every off-handed remark Parker makes about playing in NY or LA.

Way back when, Parker said "I'll remember this when my contract comes up." He was referring to the Spurs' efforts to get Jason Kidd in 2003 and, possibly, get rid of Parker.

But Parker re-signed and never mentioned it again. :)

ChuckD
10-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Tony Parker will get a contract extension & stay w/ the Spurs. Say what you will, but I'm pretty sure of it. Also, he seems to be in 2003 shape or better (which seems to be the norm among the vets). Get ready, Spurs fans......

I agree. Things looked way worse for Manu's re-signing, and the Spurs got it done once they were convinced he had returned to health. I think they're just waiting to see Tony's health situation over the bulk of the season. Look for another April extension. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, and Tony has no idea what will be in that post-lockout bush, financially speaking. My guess is he gets a deal worth more than he is making now, but less than a full-boat deal, and he takes it. Something like 5/75, a number that will probably be impossible to get with a hard cap and lower max salaries.

jjktkk
10-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Pretty bold prediction...

I'm calling it right now, either he's a Spur next year or he's not... Yeah I said it.

Now that prediction is definitly going out on a limb. Gutsy call MaNu4tres. :toast

senorglory
10-10-2010, 02:00 PM
The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the SPAM, make straight in the desert a highway for our SPURS.

Cessation
10-10-2010, 10:23 PM
I gotta agree, physically parker looks great compared to last season, when he came from the injury in playoffs, he looked kind of chubby. Now he looks, much quicker, leaner and stronger. It appears he spent some time in the weight room. Also, looks like hes got a bit of a rythm going with his jumper, and his focus is improved. Alot people overeacted to his last season. He'll prove the naysayers wrong.

E-RockWill
11-16-2010, 08:53 PM
told ya....:toast

ALVAREZ6
11-16-2010, 10:03 PM

Props :tu

lakaluva: still laughin' douche bag? or have you stopped in the meantime to continue choking on that cock?

E-RockWill
11-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Props :tu

lakaluva: still laughin' douche bag? or have you stopped in the meantime to continue choking on that cock?

:chestbump

Mav-elous Man
11-17-2010, 12:32 AM
Tony Parker will be in Miami next year playing with D Wade, LeBron, and (maybe) Bosh. They BADLY need a PG. Or maybe it will be Nash.

sa_butta
11-17-2010, 08:56 AM
Tony Parker will be in Miami next year playing with D Wade, LeBron, and (maybe) Bosh. They BADLY need a PG. Or maybe it will be Nash.
:wtf

Cry Havoc
11-17-2010, 10:40 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

Pwnt. Again.

oligarchy
11-17-2010, 11:07 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

Oxb59m3bREU

Cessation
11-17-2010, 11:17 AM
I called it.

Pauleta14
11-17-2010, 11:47 AM

Nash's contract is way more affordable...

rascal
11-17-2010, 12:17 PM

A very easy call. I went as far as to say 4 years ago that as long as Pop is with the spurs so will Parker.