PDA

View Full Version : Who were the guys chanting "Over-rated" at the Spurs-Heat game?

Solid D
10-10-2010, 02:42 PM
4th quarter, west end of the AT&T Center. Who were the Spurs fans chanting "O-ver-ra-ted" *stomp*stomp*stomp*stomp*stomp*, "O-ver-ra-ted".....?

Come on! Really? Dumb, Dumb, Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.

Nothing but scrubs and 2nd string vets playing for the Heat in the second half, really for 3 quarters, except for James Jones. Why the chant?

DickTraceyMatters
10-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Insecure, ignorant Mexicans.

aka Typical Spurs fan.

Solid D
10-10-2010, 02:47 PM
They did not appear to be "Mexicans".

DickTraceyMatters
10-10-2010, 02:48 PM
They did not appear to be "Mexicans".
By being in San Antonio chances are they were Mexican.

Solid D
10-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Since I was sitting very close to the people chanting...I had a pretty decent view of what they looked like, DickTracey.

DickTraceyMatters
10-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Ok, then they were

insecure, ignorant blacks/whites/asians/etc.

aka typical spurs fans.

Solid D
10-10-2010, 02:52 PM
You are looking worse with each post.

DickTraceyMatters
10-10-2010, 02:53 PM
You are looking worse with each post.
You've looked like shit all along.

ElNono
10-10-2010, 02:57 PM
TBH, Bosh is kinda overrated...

SpursTillTheEnd
10-10-2010, 02:57 PM
so basically your saying you would rather the spurs fans be pussies....

Dex
10-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Ok, then they were

insecure, ignorant blacks/whites/asians/etc.

aka typical spurs fans.

You should probably stop playing with your Dad's computer and go finish your chores.

Kermit
10-10-2010, 03:07 PM
In their defense, Dexter Pittman is overrated.

Solid D
10-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm saying don't be stupid.

The Heat have a stellar mix of superstars and role players - players that did not play for the last 3 periods of the game. The Spurs were losing at halftime to a team led by Patrick Beverly, Anthony Mason, Jr., James Jones, Juwon Howard, Kenny Hasbrouk, Shavlik Randolph and a stiff Z. Ilgauskas.

The second half was more of the same. I'm saying don't make yourselves look stupid, Spurs Fans.

Solid D
10-10-2010, 03:15 PM
It doesn't speak well for the Spurs if a team of Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson, McDyess and Bonner can't get a lead on Beverly, Hansbrouk/Mason, Jones, Randolph and Ilgauskas.

DPG21920
10-10-2010, 03:15 PM
All fans are stupid in general.

widowmaker
10-10-2010, 03:16 PM
You've looked like shit all along.

Pendejo lol.

ElNono
10-10-2010, 03:18 PM
It doesn't speak well for the Spurs if a team of Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson, McDyess and Bonner can't get a lead on Beverly, Hansbrouk/Mason, Jones, Randolph and Ilgauskas.

Tiago will make it all better... you'll see.

Solid D
10-10-2010, 03:26 PM
DickTracey. Yet, another racial-slurring, foul-mouthed punk I can put on ignore.

Russ
10-10-2010, 03:38 PM
All fans are stupid in general.

Agreed!!! (except for me)

How scandalous that these "fans" would chant "overrated" at a mere exhibition game. Didn't they consult their better halves, you know, the objective analytical Stephen A. Smith side of their brains that could confidently discern that these Miami Heats will be, essentially, well, you know . . . :)

Solid D
10-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Agreed!!! (except for me)

How scandalous that these "fans" would chant "overrated" at a mere exhibition game. Didn't they consult their better halves, you know, the objective analytical Stephen A. Smith side of their brains that could confidently discern that these Miami Heats will be, essentially, well, you know . . . :)

Next time, I'll try to draw pictures.
:bang

Leonard Curse
10-10-2010, 05:02 PM
By being in San Antonio chances are they were Mexican.

excuse me but is that you in the pic ? i wish for more spurs fans like this :p:

Leonard Curse
10-10-2010, 05:04 PM
oh wait now i read your posts and you had to ruin it and give an opinion dammit:sleep

Mark in Austin
10-10-2010, 05:33 PM
It's one thing to be a fan.

It's another to be an idiot.

lefty
10-10-2010, 05:46 PM
I think the guys who were singing Overrated were Lakaluva and Culburn

4>0rings
10-10-2010, 05:48 PM
You're really complaining about this? Really?

http://blog.nj.com/entertainment_impact_celebrities/2008/03/medium_di15seth.jpg

Really?

Trimble87
10-10-2010, 06:11 PM
We're part of the silver and black fan club, we get season tickets in return for being loud and dressing up etc. Obviously none of us think that the preseason game means anything, just having fun after a good night. You should lighten up sir.

EricB
10-10-2010, 06:13 PM
it was a preseason game and they were goofin off.

Did someone hack Solid D's computer?

gospursgojas
10-10-2010, 07:44 PM
so basically your saying you would rather the spurs fans be pussies....

This.

First the fans are not loud enough. Too many "suits" in the lower bowl.

Now the fans chants are ignorant??? Jeez.

p.s to the dumbass names DickTracyMatters
Im sure mexicans live in mexico.

Ditty
10-10-2010, 07:56 PM
We're part of the silver and black fan club, we get season tickets in return for being loud and dressing up etc. Obviously none of us think that the preseason game means anything, just having fun after a good night. You should lighten up sir.

:toast being part of the silver and black pack this year were just having fun and getting the fans hyped for the start of the season, were just expressing how we feel about the whole miami team in general just not on this game

SplitterHook
10-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Why the chant?
Why not?

dbestpro
10-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Fans are in pre season form and are just warming up like the players. Nothing wrong with that. Now, if a fan made a bid deal about in online, well that is another story.

4>0rings
10-10-2010, 08:24 PM
http://fast1.onesite.com/community.allhiphop.com/user/imstilldatninja/thread_backfire.jpg

Trill Clinton
10-10-2010, 08:32 PM
uhh why does it matter?

ajballer4
10-10-2010, 08:59 PM
:toast being part of the silver and black pack this year were just having fun and getting the fans hyped for the start of the season, were just expressing how we feel about the whole miami team in general just not on this game

Somehow I knew it was y'all:toast

Solid D
10-10-2010, 09:32 PM
It looks like my question was answered.

Don't get me wrong. I have yelled "over-rated" at games before. I have sung "na-na-na-na...hey hey hey...goodbye". In fact, having fun trash talking or singing goodbye or even if the Spurs AV team showed a
lighthouse video of a toilet flushing would have been fine with me.

What did not make sense to me was yelling "over-rated" to D-leaguers and fringe role players that made 22 turnovers. When were these guys ever rated, much less highly rated? These are guys just trying to make a roster. That seemed dumb to me.

If I was LeBron James or Dwyane Wade sitting there listening to that, I would think "listen to those clowns gloating over beating third and fourth stringers. The Spurs starters struggled with our 2nd stringers."

Maybe I'm old school but I just don't see the point.

DickTraceyMatters
10-11-2010, 03:16 AM
p.s to the dumbass names DickTracyMatters
Im sure mexicans live in mexico.
Really?

So NO MEXICANS live in San Antonio?
Hmmmmmmm.

hey faggot, go fuck yourself

DickTraceyMatters
10-11-2010, 03:19 AM
If I was LeBron James or Dwyane Wade sitting there listening to that, I would think "listen to those clowns gloating over beating third and fourth stringers. The Spurs starters struggled with our 2nd stringers."

If you honestly think Lebron James or any other MULTI-MILLIONAIRE athlete cares what the fans are saying/chanting then you are living in a pretend world.

These athletes are there to get paid and guess what faggot, win lose or draw they will get paid...and they dont give a fuck about you or the game or the season or what any faggots in the stands say or chant.

they just sit back and play a fucking game while you make your kids skip a MEAL so that you can go to ATT center and support a team full of men who dont care if you die tomorrow.

romain.star
10-11-2010, 03:21 AM
Really?

So NO MEXICANS live in San Antonio?
Hmmmmmmm.

hey faggot, go fuck yourself

why don't you stop posting for a while dude?

romain.star
10-11-2010, 03:25 AM
If you honestly think Lebron James or any other MULTI-MILLIONAIRE athlete cares what the fans are saying/chanting then you are living in a pretend world.

These athletes are there to get paid and guess what faggot, win lose or draw they will get paid...and they dont give a fuck about you or the game or the season or what any faggots in the stands say or chant.

they just sit back and play a fucking game while you make your kids skip a MEAL so that you can go to ATT center and support a team full of men who dont care if you die tomorrow.

you're right... and there are many non multi-millionaires who don't give a shit about you say

rjv
10-11-2010, 10:41 AM
it was probably a group of laker fans (who will be heat fans by next year)

In-SPUR-Raider
10-11-2010, 10:42 AM

Don't get me wrong. I have yelled "over-rated" at games before. I have sung "na-na-na-na...hey hey hey...goodbye". In fact, having fun trash talking or singing goodbye or even if the Spurs AV team showed a

What did not make sense to me was yelling "over-rated" to D-leaguers and fringe role players that made 22 turnovers. When were these guys ever rated, much less highly rated? These are guys just trying to make a roster. That seemed dumb to me.

Hey Solid. I see what you're saying and where you're coming from and actually I'll take credit for starting the chant.

I dont regret it or feel stupid for chanting "Over-rated" and like what others were saying on here, I'm sure the players (weather they're startes, 3rd string or 4th string) can care less about what we chant.

But I'll just say this... When I was chanting, I was aiming more towards ALL the bandwagon jumping Miami Heat fans and ESPN. Not so much the Heat players trying to make a roster spot. The way both of those groups of people hype this team up so much, it doesnt matter if you're the towel boy for the Heat... as long as you're associated with them, you're on a pedestal in the basketball world. Give it about 4 months and you'll see. Those "fans" are gonna be worse that the Laker fans with their big heads!

In my opinion, if I'm gonna be at a game, I'm gonna go to the game loud and rowdy. But all in all, it's just done out of fun. We werent getting in Heat fans faces or cussing at them or anything like that. Just simple chants and high fives. I'm just tired of watching Sportscenter and all I hear is the Heat and their "Victory Tour 2010-2011" Too much hype!

rascal
10-11-2010, 11:38 AM

I agree it was dumb and made the fans look ignorant to chant that in a meaningless game where Miami was sitting most of their team.

koriwhat
10-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Are yall actually complaining about fans dissin' the opposing team? Really?

"it makes you look ignorant..."

Shit... It makes you a fuckin' fan and not a stiff on his/her blackberry playing brick breaker. I don't care if it is only preseason and if the players on the court are the bench warmers, get rowdy!

I can't stand going to games and seeing a bunch of stiffs with their noses in the air because there are actual fans there who get vocal.

koriwhat
10-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Mexicans and nigros?

You forgot to mention a queer like yourself... Mr ilovelookingattimduncansdick.

hater
10-11-2010, 12:15 PM
it was a preseason game and they were goofin off.

Did someone hack Solid D's computer?

for once I agree with this man.

shit, the fans paid money and have the right to fuck with the opponent players. Get a sense of humor.

Death In June
10-11-2010, 12:26 PM
p.s to the dumbass names DickTracyMattersIm sure mexicans live in mexico.Why bother arguing with someone that obviously suffers from fetal alcohol syndrome? You already know his response, something racist + the word "faggot." It's almost not fair. His drain clog of a mother put up more a fight when she argued over the cost of my blowjob this morning.

Brazil
10-11-2010, 12:35 PM
http://fast1.onesite.com/community.allhiphop.com/user/imstilldatninja/thread_backfire.jpg

:lol

oh and lol at your sig, this rabbit is a slut

beachwood
10-11-2010, 12:57 PM
4th quarter, west end of the AT&T Center. Who were the Spurs fans chanting "O-ver-ra-ted" *stomp*stomp*stomp*stomp*stomp*, "O-ver-ra-ted".....?

Nothing but scrubs and 2nd string vets playing for the Heat in the second half, really for 3 quarters, except for James Jones. Why the chant?

I agree. Pretty dumb to do that during a preseason game. I understand people are just trying to have fun, but it's still idiotic. Anyways.

In-SPUR-Raider
10-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Are yall actually complaining about fans dissin' the opposing team? Really?

"it makes you look ignorant..."

Shit... It makes you a fuckin' fan and not a stiff on his/her blackberry playing brick breaker. I don't care if it is only preseason and if the players on the court are the bench warmers, get rowdy!

I can't stand going to games and seeing a bunch of stiffs with their noses in the air because there are actual fans there who get vocal.

I'm gonna have to agree 100 percent with this guy! I mean... we're at an NBA game not a golf tournament or a chess match. GET LOUD! GET ROWDY!

With all the hype surrounding the Heat and them even saying that they're gonna dominate even the preseason, I'm glad it was the Spurs that handed them their first loss! And if I can chant to rub it in the bandwagon jumpin Heat fans face, then I'm gonna get loud, rowdy, and chant!
I'm not looking to start riots or fights. It's just a little trash talking for those Heat "fans." It's part of being a fan of competitive sports! Friendly trash talking! Correct me if I'm wrong but I mean... isnt that what San Antonio is known for? Classy players on the team yet having the most rowdiest and loudest fans in the NBA?

Solid D
10-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Hey Solid. I see what you're saying and where you're coming from and actually I'll take credit for starting the chant.

I dont regret it or feel stupid for chanting "Over-rated" and like what others were saying on here, I'm sure the players (weather they're startes, 3rd string or 4th string) can care less about what we chant.

But I'll just say this... When I was chanting, I was aiming more towards ALL the bandwagon jumping Miami Heat fans and ESPN. Not so much the Heat players trying to make a roster spot. The way both of those groups of people hype this team up so much, it doesnt matter if you're the towel boy for the Heat... as long as you're associated with them, you're on a pedestal in the basketball world. Give it about 4 months and you'll see. Those "fans" are gonna be worse that the Laker fans with their big heads!

In my opinion, if I'm gonna be at a game, I'm gonna go to the game loud and rowdy. But all in all, it's just done out of fun. We werent getting in Heat fans faces or cussing at them or anything like that. Just simple chants and high fives. I'm just tired of watching Sportscenter and all I hear is the Heat and their "Victory Tour 2010-2011" Too much hype!

In-SPUR-Raider, thanks for the explanation and after seeing your response, I'm glad you responded. The bolded sentence above is enough to convince me of your intentions.

We are alike in more ways than not. I go to pre-season, regular season and playoff games with the full intention of yelling, screaming and having a good time. I am totally on the same page with you there. I love to see Spurs fans, Baseline Bums, Silver and Black Fan Club, etc. give the other team a hard time while cheering on the Spurs.

The Miami Heat may well be over-rated and I do see your point of view. Obviously, I just didn't think yelling it at that juncture of the game made sense.

duhoh
10-11-2010, 02:47 PM

sure, but to a degree, some players will use anything to use for fuel. i think that's what OP was getting at.

i like how dick is bashing people for making dumb statements.

the irony.

Sportcamper
10-11-2010, 03:31 PM

Since I was sitting very close to the people chanting...I had a pretty decent view of what they looked like..

:lol:lmao:lol

You are asking people who were not at the game, who was sitting next to you chanting...

AlleyOopNazi
10-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Im sure alcohol had nothing to do with this

suitedkings
10-11-2010, 03:56 PM
I am glad to hear about Spurs fans chanting ANYTHING! We have a pretty lame/lazy home crowd.

Solid D
10-11-2010, 04:08 PM
:lol:lmao:lol

You are asking people who were not at the game, who was sitting next to you chanting...

Lol, not thaaat "very close" Sportcamper. Thanks for nothing. :lol

AlleyOopNazi
10-11-2010, 06:59 PM
spurs fans at the games blow, if you take a look there just pta staffs and office workers. Age range from 40-80 Wtf???
Bunch of retirees and military veterans
The younger crowd is composed of spoiled fair-weather Richies staring at their blackberries more than the floor, soon to leave in the 3rd quarter because we are winning. Out of touch with the NBA scene throughout the year.
OF COURSE thats not everyone, there are plenty of true die-hard fans in the crowd yelling their lungs out for the love of the game. But the former just give the latter wierd looks and merely don't get it.

Example: friend of mine was at the S.A. v CLE game and was booing LeBron. Female directly in front of him said quote "BE NICE"
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME! LEBRON, BE NICE...? HAHA

Yet another example: I person within my family had owned season tickets in the Hemis arena, and the Dome, somewhere between 10-12 row on the bleacher side. When they moved to the SBC Center (AT&T now) she had the ability to sit in the 5th row, but instead dropped her season tickets b/c shes a dumb old person and didn't want to get hit in the head by a basketball, she can afford it, so money couldn't be the primary issue......:bang

:lmaoSome people man:ihit

Fernando TD21
10-11-2010, 07:17 PM
You should have asked Lebron, I'm sure he was taking mental notes of all the people chanting.

#2!
10-11-2010, 07:55 PM
You should have asked Lebron, I'm sure he was taking mental notes of all the people chanting.

Its sad how much that guy can't stand it when a single nameless fan doesn't like him. He'll have to get used to that now, since it was his own decision to go from the universally liked "home town hero" image to "disloyal super-team ring chaser."

Note: I know every superstar is a "ring chaser" technically, but the way Lebron did it feels more like a Gary Payton/Karl Malone going to a rival team b/c they'd given up on the team they had. A very bizarre thing to see from such young players.

Edit: Took Robert Horry off of my ring chaser list, b/c although he does went to rival teams, he already had rings when he did so.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-12-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm never a fan of people chanting "overrated" at the opposing team, regardless of who it is or what's on the line, be it nothing, or a championship. To me it gives too much credit to the opposition and not enough to your team. When I was a player/coach I always told my guys to act like they've been there before, and have done it all. Make the other guys think they're not up to your standards. The big dog doesn't have to chant "overrated", because everyone should be "underrated" next to you, and just lucky to be on the same court, licking the soles of your sneakers as you blow by them.