PDA

View Full Version : UFC 120: Bisping vs. Akiyama October 16 On Spike (Tape Delayed NO SPOILERS!!)

dbreiden83080
10-11-2010, 12:12 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e5/UFC_120_Poster.jpg

This is tape delayed so please NO SPOILERS!!!

Main card

Welterweight bout: James Wilks vs. Claude Patrick
Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Travis Browne
Welterweight bout: John Hathaway vs. Mike Pyle
Welterweight bout: Dan Hardy vs. Carlos Condit
Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama

Preliminary card

Light Heavyweight bout: James McSweeney vs. Fabio Maldonado
Lightweight bout: Spencer Fisher vs. Kurt Warburton
Lightweight bout: Paul Sass vs. Mark Holst
Light Heavyweight bout: Steve Cantwell vs. Stanislav Nedkov
Heavyweight bout: Rob Broughton vs. Vinicius Queiroz
Light Heavyweight bout: Cyrille Diabaté vs. Alexander Gustafsson

dbreiden83080
10-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Main card

FU Bisping...

ace3g
10-11-2010, 02:07 PM
my predictions

Stringer_Bell
10-11-2010, 02:12 PM
- I think an upset is in order for the home crowd.
- Browne is a huge sonuvabitch and a KO artist so far in his career. If he wins this, he should get Gonzaga/Schaub winner.
- Pyle will push the youngster in the first round, but I wish Dong Hyun Kim was healthy for it instead
- Condit shows he's a real animal and a better overall fighter, AND ready for Fitch or Sheilds/Kampmann.
- Bisping will get tossed around, Sexy-yama will redeem himself. Or get flash KO'd and ponder retirement. :(

MannyIsGod
10-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Just another set of subpar fights to hole me over for UFC 121 when the real fun starts.

CubanSucks
10-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Is this Dana White making it up to the fans for 112? I'm not complaining, just wondering if White has actually said anything about it

Stringer_Bell
10-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Is this Dana White making it up to the fans for 112? I'm not complaining, just wondering if White has actually said anything about it

Nope, Dana's apology is UFC 122. :downspin:

djohn14
10-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Helll Yea free shit!

Welterweight bout: James Wilks vs. Claude Patrick -I dont like Wilks...Claude by sub.
Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Travis Browne--Brown has a chance but Im going Kongo via ground and pound.
Welterweight bout: John Hathaway vs. Mike Pyle-Gotta take Hathaway...very talented.
Welterweight bout: Dan Hardy vs. Carlos Condit-Gotta take Hardy....I am not a fan of Condit...not really Hardy either but he should have this.
Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama-God I hope.

A lot of these picks are because of my dislike for the other...but again...Free Shit!

MannyIsGod
10-11-2010, 08:48 PM
The price is right.

CubanSucks
10-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Nope, Dana's apology is UFC 122. :downspin:

...wow, I just looked that one up and I honestly don't think I'd watch any of the fights except for the main event even if it's free

dbreiden83080
10-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Nomatter who he is fighting i never pick Bisping

He's such a douche...

The TroutBum
10-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Why bother even picking? Nobody is keeping score, it seems.

dbreiden83080
10-11-2010, 11:09 PM

I'll tally them all up after this event.. I've been swamped lately and since everyone else is lazy i guess it is up to me as usual...

The TroutBum
10-12-2010, 12:09 AM
I was waiting for Des to say, "Then you do it, you lazy ass hole!" -- but I like your answer better. Boo ya.

dbreiden83080
10-12-2010, 12:28 AM
I was waiting for Des to say, "Then you do it, you lazy ass hole!" -- but I like your answer better. Boo ya.

Des is very wise..

polandprzem
10-13-2010, 06:44 AM
More then fantastic for me it's gonna be the evening event and not midnight one

Main card

One of my favorite guys for a long time. I wonder what will be the strategy for John in this fight. he can go everywhere he wants and feels comfortable there. IMO he will try to finish this standing.

The power will be the difference.
No way Condit could take Hardy down and use JJ. Standing in exchanges which Carlos loves he gonna see the stone jaw of Dan and his unexpected punches. yikes

I don't care. It doesn't matter to me now. Mike will take this.
Not many choices when ii choose a guy that I like least to win.

Preliminary card

CubanSucks
10-13-2010, 01:58 PM
can't wait to see Hardy again, such a badass

desflood
10-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Main card

Preliminary card

Light Heavyweight bout: James McSweeney vs. Fabio Maldonado
Lightweight bout: Spencer Fisher vs. Kurt Warburton
Light Heavyweight bout: Steve Cantwell vs. Stanislav Nedkov

Then you do it, you lazy @sshole!

ace3g
10-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Spike TV announces 8 p.m. ET/PT start time for Saturday’s UFC 120 event

Saturday's UFC 120 broadcast will run three hours and commence at 8 p.m. ET/PT, Spike TV officials today announced.

The show, which takes place at The 02 in London, initially was announced with an 9 p.m. ET/PT start time on Spike TV.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AqR.Bbc0Xbfu9e.KYW3ttm49Eo14?slug=mmajun kie-Spike_TV_Saturdays_UFC_120

Get to watch the event 1 hour earlier now!!! (still have to stay away from all the main sports websites that day, so I don't know the results)

dbreiden83080
10-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Spike TV announces 8 p.m. ET/PT start time for Saturday’s UFC 120 event

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AqR.Bbc0Xbfu9e.KYW3ttm49Eo14?slug=mmajun kie-Spike_TV_Saturdays_UFC_120

Get to watch the event 1 hour earlier now!!! (still have to stay away from all the main sports websites that day, so I don't know the results)

Yeah i am gonna put in the thread title,

"NO Spoilers"

so hopefully we can all discuss the fights after we see them on sat night..

ace3g
10-15-2010, 09:27 AM
http://modulesorigin.ufc.com/live/?systemId=595e115b-bf6c-4485-b549-3d0356c653c3&playerContextId=83208553-7e7b-425b-b3bf-d79f6ecc99c4

UFC 120 Weigh Ins: start at 11 a.m. EST/ 10 a.m. CST

The TroutBum
10-15-2010, 11:33 PM
I don't know the rules about picking, but some people are only picking the obvious ones and leaving the tough fights blank... Can we pick all 10? I am.

Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Travis Browne - Kongo is spent. I love watching him lose.
Welterweight bout: John Hathaway vs. Mike Pyle - I just like his name.
Welterweight bout: Dan Hardy vs. Carlos Condit - First of all, fuck Dan Hardy. Secondly, Condit is a freak on the ground. 3rd round sub.
Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama - Bisping is lame.

Preliminary card

Light Heavyweight bout: James McSweeney vs. Fabio Maldonado - lol @ that fat fuck McSweeney. Sweet tats, bro.
Lightweight bout: Spencer Fisher vs. Kurt Warburton - I don't know how/why Fisher never was in serious title contention. He's great to watch.
Light Heavyweight bout: Steve Cantwell vs. Stanislav Nedkov - People with last names like this are scary. Easy pick.
Heavyweight bout: Rob Broughton vs. Vinicius Queiroz - see above comment.

cornbread
10-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Wilks
Kongo
Hathaway
Hardy
Bisping

polandprzem
10-16-2010, 02:41 PM
I do not want to spoil but you don't need to watch first main card fight

polandprzem
10-16-2010, 03:55 PM
condit vs hardy reached expectations !

dbreiden83080
10-16-2010, 04:15 PM

i do not want to spoil but you don't need to watch first main card fight

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

polandprzem
10-16-2010, 04:49 PM
I know

Kinda interesting card and esp. last 3 fights of the night.

But still you can feel await for the 121

When you will watch it I will write something up. 2 things to discuss after the results

dbreiden83080
10-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Kongo is likely gonna get himself cut after that shit-fest

WTF..

dbreiden83080
10-16-2010, 09:10 PM

Fuckin Hardy got laid out. Great fight before the shot, i was hoping to see more rounds.. Bad loss for Hardy..

ace3g
10-16-2010, 09:11 PM
The Greg Jackson legacy continues

ace3g
10-16-2010, 09:56 PM
by the way they totally edited the time delay for that groin kick (watched it earlier today, Akiyama couldn't even get up after that, it probably took around 4-5 minutes for him to recover; instead of the 1-2 minutes shown on the tape delay)

dbreiden83080
10-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Bisping/Akiyama was a really good fight but Akiyama just gassed again. His work-load went away in too many parts of the fight. Bisping fought pretty strong..

Fuckin dick-head.. :lol

BlackSwordsMan
10-16-2010, 10:27 PM
seeing akiyama lose sucks

Stringer_Bell
10-16-2010, 10:35 PM
WTF happened to the Wilks fight?

- Diabate is done, never thought he'd end up like that but Gustafsson reminds me of a young Rich Franklin with decent potential for some great fights.
- It was a draw because Kongo blatantly grabbed Browne's shorts while kneeing his legs? That's the only thing that kept Kongo from winning the damn fight? FUCK THOSE JUDGES! Browne won that fight even without the point deduction.
- The Hathaway hype train has been halted, but only for so long. What an ass whooping. Good job, Pyle!
- Condit ain't scared of shit, but Hardy is quite the imposing character in the ring. I would've been scared if I was Condit, but he was more concerned with giving Hardy his first KO loss.
- Bisping has looked great since the Henderson fight, but he's still not strong or fast enough to beat Okami/Marquardt/Sonnen/Belfort/Silva. Poor Akiyama, at least he's getting bonus money. If he didn't throwdown 3 fights in a row, he'd be getting cut tonight. :(

lol @ McSweeney losing after dropping to LHW and still getting KTFO. Bye bye, asshole!

ace3g
10-16-2010, 11:02 PM
yeah I'm hearing they didn't show the Wilks/Patrick fight; the stream earlier in the day showed it.

ace3g
10-17-2010, 12:20 AM
photo of the night!!!
http://www.themmanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Hardy_v_Condit_UFCcom.jpg

CubanSucks
10-17-2010, 03:14 AM
feed Condit to Fitch now

The TroutBum
10-17-2010, 11:03 PM
feed Condit to Fitch now

So we can watch that AKA faggot try and lay n' pray on Condit for three rounds? Pass. Fitch should never be allowed to 'fight' again. Give Condit a title shot, ASAP. I hate him, but DAMN.

polandprzem
10-18-2010, 06:27 AM
Hardy lost it ...
I thought that the power in the standing will be the difference in this fight. And Dan has more power. It looked like Condit came in as a killer and he was accurate in his punches. I was jumping and screaming when Carlos knocked Hardy down. And then I said - yea nobody goes through me blah blah blah
You got KO'ed in at yopur place in your game. Eat it !

Strange with Hathaway. He should go more for a takedown. But I think this loss is a good loss now. He knows that he still got to learn and put hype aside.
WW division is stacked now.

Bisping- although he is winning he is not powerfull in his punches and he can't improve his octagon positioning. He always goes to his left and that means he can get hit by power hand which is right for most fighters.

desflood
10-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Give Condit a title shot, ASAP. I hate him, but DAMN.
I'd hate to agree - don't much like the thought of giving a title shot to a guy whose best wins in the org are over lower-level fighters like Jake Ellenberger -but at this point the WW division is pretty much cleaned out and he's really all they've got.