PDA

View Full Version : New Simpson's intro

MaNuMaNiAc
10-11-2010, 01:44 PM
DX1iplQQJTo&feature=player_embedded

Pretty cool IMO

Fpoonsie
10-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I saw this last night on FB. What's the deal w/ that? Is it some kinda statement? Or just an inside joke (albeit, delightfully distasteful)?

mrsmaalox
10-11-2010, 02:03 PM
I think it would have been more effective with just one Banksy tag. But it was clever.

Frenzy
10-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Dolphin tongue? Lol jeeze..

Stringer_Bell
10-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Holy shit, that was impressive. The best thing I've seen on the Simpsons in a long time. That was China right? Could have to do with the Noble Prize winner and the animators wanting to bring attention to human rights violations and unicorns.

Or maybe Fox commits human rights violations?!?!!!

mrsmaalox
10-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Here's the story:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101011/ap_en_tv/us_tv_banksy_simpsons

z0sa
10-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Video no longer available due to copyright claim by Fox.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-11-2010, 02:36 PM
you can look it up on youtube or google. Just type new simpsons intro by banksy or something.

CubanMustGo
10-11-2010, 03:05 PM
You can also get it on the FOX site

http://www.fox.com/thesimpsons/full-episodes/

The Reckoning
10-11-2010, 04:00 PM
rofl studios in south korea. yeah like its human rights violations are as bad as chinas.

JudynTX
10-11-2010, 04:02 PM
This show is still on?

CuckingFunt
10-11-2010, 04:13 PM
The crow at the very beginning was holding one of Banksy's rats in its beak, too.

I like Banksy's stuff a lot and thought the intro was amusing. The rest of the episode... meh... (as has been the case for the last several seasons) but it was nice to see they've still got a few clever moments.

Kermit
10-11-2010, 04:17 PM
The crow at the very beginning was holding one of Banksy's rats in its beak, too.

I like Banksy's stuff a lot and thought the intro was amusing. The rest of the episode... meh... (as has been the case for the last several seasons) but it was nice to see they've still got a few clever moments.

I like how they did a sabermetrics episode 9 years after Moneyball.

CubanSucks
10-11-2010, 08:57 PM
I was doing this bout every 2 seconds while watching it :rolleyes

yeah ok thank you Simpsons and "Banksy" (whoever the fuck that is). You've made me aware of the inhumanities in the world :wakeup

The Reckoning
10-11-2010, 09:37 PM
I was doing this bout every 2 seconds while watching it :rolleyes

yeah ok thank you Simpsons and "Banksy" (whoever the fuck that is). You've made me aware of the inhumanities in the world :wakeup

youre failing

badly

Death In June
10-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Goddamn this show sucks now. Way to piss on the simpsons legacy, matt groening. Hack writers can't come up with a decent joke, have to make references to technology every 5 seconds to stay relevant.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-11-2010, 10:37 PM
so now I'm supposed to believe 99% of the spurstalk community has heard of this british cigarette graffiti artist and I'm in the 1% that has not?

The Reckoning
10-11-2010, 10:41 PM
yeah CBF get with the times

CuckingFunt
10-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Well, I knew of Banksy because I'm an art nerd.

As for everyone else, I'm guessing the googles went crazy after last night's new episode.

CubanSucks
10-11-2010, 10:46 PM
youre failing

badly

I'm not sure if you're really that obsessive that you need to respond to ALL of my posts, or you do this on purpose just to try to get under my skin. Like I said before, I'm positive you have a window open just for looking at my profile at all times

get back to me on that, I know you will

The Reckoning
10-11-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm not sure if you're really that obsessive that you need to respond to ALL of my posts, or you do this on purpose just to try to get under my skin. Like I said before, I'm positive you have a window open just for looking at my profile at all times

get back to me on that, I know you will

:whine

really though, youre just pissed because deep inside you know that family guy is far superior than south park and zep completely dominated pink floyd. btw, pulp fiction gets on its knees before that of shawshank redemption, tbh.

mrsmaalox
10-11-2010, 11:22 PM
A lot of people are familiar with Banksy, a lot of people aren't. Just like anything else.

baseline bum
10-12-2010, 12:00 AM
That was awesome; the best thing on the Simpsons in 12 years or so.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-12-2010, 12:00 AM
Kind of funny cuz this was the first new simpsons episode I had seen in like 4 years. Thought the intro was pretty dystopian but they always take shots at Fox so did not suspect it had some grave deep meaning.

I was like "south koreans doing animation in slave camps, mehhhh welcome to 1997"

CubanSucks
10-12-2010, 01:04 PM

really though, youre just pissed because deep inside you know that family guy is far superior than south park and zep completely dominated pink floyd. btw, pulp fiction gets on its knees before that of shawshank redemption, tbh.

TBH, IMO

south park >>>>>>> family guy
pulp fiction >>> shawshank
floyd > zep

I mean, really, in all seriousness

Leetonidas
10-12-2010, 01:29 PM

Did you really just try to say the Family Guy is superior to South Park and Zep dominates Floyd? You're a fucking idiot. Kill yourself. :tu

z0sa
10-12-2010, 01:38 PM
I would take Floyd over Zeppelin, Family Guy over SP (by a hair), and Pulp Fiction.

The Reckoning
10-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Did you really just try to say the Family Guy is superior to South Park and Zep dominates Floyd? You're a fucking idiot. Kill yourself. :tu

with people like cubansucks trying to pimp one of the most ingenious shows of all time without really understanding what it's all about, it lost its flavor. family guy is the worst show ive ever seen. maybe youre too retarded to pick up on rhetoric.

the problem is, people like cubansucks tarnish pristine examples of pop culture art by using those examples to establish their own identity, which is most likely not the direction the artists intended their work to take in the first place. i bet he walks around quoting south park and pulp fiction all day, or tells everyone he knows how much he loves pink floyd. it becomes this whole "us and them (ha)" ordeal. who's greater? pink floyd or zep? family guy or south park? pulp fiction or shawshank?

it's like they're part of some socio-cultural cult that when their "favorite" is challenged (such as yourself), they feel like it's a direct threat against themselves. it's most likely due to being a young adult and not really finding a sense of identity or worth in the world yet. thanks for validating my argument. i needed a good example.

enjoy shit for what it is. you can like or not like things, but feeling like you have to "choose a side" defeats the whole purpose of the show/music/whatever in the first place.

CubanSucks
10-12-2010, 02:45 PM
with people like cubansucks trying to pimp one of the most ingenious shows of all time without really understanding what it's all about, it lost its flavor. family guy is the worst show ive ever seen. maybe youre too retarded to pick up on rhetoric.

the problem is, people like cubansucks tarnish pristine examples of pop culture art by using those examples to establish their own identity, which is most likely not the direction the artists intended their work to take in the first place. i bet he walks around quoting south park and pulp fiction all day, or tells everyone he knows how much he loves pink floyd. it becomes this whole "us and them (ha)" ordeal. who's greater? pink floyd or zep? family guy or south park? pulp fiction or shawshank?

it's like they're part of some socio-cultural cult that when their "favorite" is challenged (such as yourself), they feel like it's a direct threat against themselves. it's most likely due to being a young adult and not really finding a sense of identity or worth in the world yet. thanks for validating my argument. i needed a good example.

enjoy shit for what it is. you can like or not like things, but feeling like you have to "choose a side" defeats the whole purpose of the show/music/whatever in the first place.

looks like someone has too much time on their hands :wakeup

CubanSucks
10-12-2010, 02:48 PM
looks like someone has too much time on their hands :wakeup

and please keep your response to this under a paragraph

please

The Reckoning
10-12-2010, 02:49 PM
^

ok.

how does it feel to be a tool?

please keep your response to this under a paragraph - and edited for toolage.

CubanSucks
10-12-2010, 06:21 PM
^

ok.

how does it feel to be a tool?

please keep your response to this under a paragraph - and edited for toolage.

aight

KEDA
10-14-2010, 07:21 AM
I thought it was good...

Im also a big Banksy fan as well, go figure.

Cane
10-14-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm ignorant about Bansky but I thought the intro was pretty solid and even the recent Lisa-baseball episode was good.

panic giraffe
10-14-2010, 02:20 PM
banksy is a fucking genius.