PDA

View Full Version : Dirk has gotten full of himself

dbreiden83080
05-21-2005, 01:02 AM
This guy is chewing his teamates out left and right complaining to the refs, all the while playing like garbage. I saw on some NBA special where they followed him back to Germany, he was greeting his fans and talking all arrogant how just because i am a big time player now does not mean i am going to change, looks to me like you already have and not for the better.

mouse
05-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Move that shit to the NBA forum This forum is only for my Mighty Mighty Spurs :smokin

GO SPURS GO

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 01:16 AM
The only time Dirk shows any fire is after a whistle. First team my ass.

mouse
05-21-2005, 01:17 AM
Dirk did play like a wuss , that I will not argue.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 01:19 AM
Dirk did play like a wuss , that I will not argue.
Why would you argue, oh fellow Spurs fan? :lol

Man, I'm really going to enjoy this.

DDS4
05-21-2005, 01:32 AM
Dirk needs to look at a mirror.

red kryptonite
05-21-2005, 01:37 AM
Dirk's learning what Tim Duncan already found out. It's hard trying to carry a team with 1 superstar far into the playoffs.

Kori Ellis
05-21-2005, 01:39 AM
Dirk was a bitch today. He was yelling at Terry constantly. Terry might have made some mistakes, but damn look at his stat line. Dirk should be encouraging him, not bitching at him.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 01:42 AM
Dirk's learning what Tim Duncan already found out. It's hard trying to carry a team with 1 superstar far into the playoffs.
Not a fair analogy. First of all, the premise of your statement is flawed. Substitute "David Robinson" into that sentence and it makes a little more sense.

It's misleading to suggest that Dirk showed up and his teammates didn't help him. Dirk's teammates have been waiting for him to step up and help them the entire post-season. He only seems to be stepping up with his mouth this year.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 01:45 AM
Dirk was a bitch today. He was yelling at Terry constantly. Terry might have made some mistakes, but damn look at his stat line. Dirk should be encouraging him, not bitching at him.

Good call. Dirk should at least be outscoring the guy before he screams at him. He and Terry had the same number of shots and Terry scored 8 more points.

red kryptonite
05-21-2005, 01:58 AM
Not a fair analogy. First of all, the premise of your statement is flawed. Substitute "David Robinson" into that sentence and it makes a little more sense.

It's misleading to suggest that Dirk showed up and his teammates didn't help him. Dirk's teammates have been waiting for him to step up and help them the entire post-season. He only seems to be stepping up with his mouth this year.

I'm sorry Socrates, but that the premise of my statement is not flawed. By your logic I should also mention Steve Nash doesn't play for the Mavs anymore.

Actually your premise is wrong in your sentence because I didn't suggest that, you interpreted that. I think Dirk played sub par ball, but that is because hou and pho keyed on him without having Nash.

I also disagree with Dirk's motivational methods.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 02:06 AM
Apology accepted, Plato.

Summers
05-21-2005, 08:27 AM
Dirk's an ass. I was glad the ESPN guys called him out for it.

stéphane
05-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Dirk was an ass but I think he was really upset and disapointed seing his SG Terry being raped by his ex-PG. Terry was horrible on Nash defensively and was a ballhog on offense.
When the Mavs played some D they were ahead and then loosy D on Nash and they bury a 14point lead... same on the last reguletion time 3 by Nash. If Dirk doesn't scream whose role is it? It's game 6 I'm sure Terry has been told 100times to be tigh on Nash and he wasn't. game over.

2centsworth
05-21-2005, 08:41 AM
Terry really screwed up at the end of regulation. How do you give up an open 3 to Nash?

Dirk should have encouraged Terry and said they would get them in OT.

Summers
05-21-2005, 08:43 AM
If Dirk doesn't scream whose role is it?

The coach's? Can you see Timmy ever pitching a hissy fit in front of God and everybody and embarrassing Tony like that? You have a point, but I've never liked Dirk.

stéphane
05-21-2005, 08:50 AM
The coach's? Can you see Timmy ever pitching a hissy fit in front of God and everybody and embarrassing Tony like that? You have a point, but I've never liked Dirk.
Agree but hey we're talking about Cuban's franchise no? :p
Can we compare Dirk and TD? no way.
But again, I'm sure that the fact it was Nash raping the mavs made Dirk upset because they are supposed to know him really well and he simply destroyed the mavs since the half of the 4th Q. Terry's defense was an absolute joke. There was a couple of others three pointers in this Q were Terry let Nash take open 3. AJ told him during a TO... The last 3 was 5sec before the buzzer !!! Dallas would have won... instead they go fishing... I can understand a bit his frustration even if i find he was an ass on this one.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Complete dick. He was bitching out Terry for his defense but after Terry got burned by Nash Dirk was just letting Nash go by him for layups.

You wanna call someone out? Look in the mirror, and maybe think about scoring a point in OT next time, chump.

stéphane
05-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Complete dick. He was bitching out Terry for his defense but after Terry got burned by Nash Dirk was just letting Nash go by him for layups.
true he gave up. Nice attitude for a franchise player.

You wanna call someone out? Look in the mirror, and maybe think about scoring a point in OT next time, chump.
the game was over when Nash hit the 3. Dallas "team" exploded on the last play.

spurschick
05-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Call me crazy (really, go ahead), but watching Dirk's press conference last night, I got the feeling that he might want out of Dallas. Thoughts?

ladiesman
05-21-2005, 09:47 AM
I think he was chewing Terry not only for his poor defense at the end of regulation, but they also had a foul to give. And what does Dirk do in OT? 0-5?

Ladiesman

boutons
05-21-2005, 10:06 AM
This is Dirk's first year as primary, senior veteran Mav, as only All-star, and as clear Team Leader. The Mavs continue to have too much roster turn-over as their dork-with-money-and-bangs owner thinks money can buy him happiness.

Dirk's only beginning to learn how to lead a team. When, where, how to criticize is something he clearly has yet learn. Avery's first year as head NBA coach, etc.

At least Dirk has the basketball IQ to recognize the mistakes the Mavs made, including himself, in the 4th qtr and OT. I'm not sure the other players even realize they made mistakes, esp Erick who seems really dumb about basketball.

Rookie coach, too much roster turnover, too much individual play rather than team play, the Mavs had a lot stacked against their success in the playoffs.

The Suns had a better coach with championship coaching experience, and too much crunch time offense.

We'll see now if the Suns are really ready for their first trip to the WCF in many years.

ducks
05-21-2005, 10:16 AM
good post^^^^

calling your teamates out in the press does not help

mavs missed nash leadership against suns

T Park
05-21-2005, 10:23 AM
calling your teamates out in the press does not help

Nah didnt help at all with erick Dampier ooops.....

Nowitzki was frusterated mainly cause hes saddled witha band of losing aholes.

TMSKILZ
05-21-2005, 10:25 AM
Speaking of Dirk, he made a mistake too that cost them, when Marion clearly was too open & close to the rim & Dirk fouled Marion from behind & Marion made a 3 pt play.

Rydia
05-21-2005, 05:40 PM

They can blame him for losing the game...hahahaha

Pandaemonaeon
05-22-2005, 01:31 AM
Call me crazy (really, go ahead), but watching Dirk's press conference last night, I got the feeling that he might want out of Dallas. Thoughts?

I'd trade him for KG. Seriously.

http://img280.echo.cx/img280/9500/pandafish2jp.gif

MadDog73
05-22-2005, 01:39 AM
I'd trade him for KG. Seriously.

http://img280.echo.cx/img280/9500/pandafish2jp.gif

Shit, I would to. That's a good trade!