PDA

View Full Version : Revis = Overrated

stretch
10-12-2010, 11:14 AM
one good year, hasnt done shit before or after

all season the dude has been getting beat, and last night was even worse. Minny wouldnt even let him guard Moss, instead they let Cromartie take him, and put Revis in the slot, and he got abused by Harvin and let Greg fucking Lewis torch him for a 33 yarder too.

Asomugha & Woodson >>> Revis.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-12-2010, 12:17 PM
I hate how cocky he is, but this is his first game back from an injury, and they had Cromartie guarding Moss because of how well he matches up with Moss. The go route is the one route Cromartie can guard, and the go route is the one route Moss ever runs anymore, so it was a perfect situation to use Cromartie.

Revis has been in the NFL for 3 years and has made the pro bowl his 2nd and 3rd year, it's a reach to imply he's a 1 year wonder. He was already considered a good up and coming corner headed into last season. I'd say Asomugha = Revis as a cover corner, and both of them > Woodson as cover corners, but Woodson > them both as far as being a complete versatile defender.

IronMexican
10-12-2010, 12:21 PM
He had a really good 2008 season as well.

rjv
10-12-2010, 12:22 PM
he's still nursing an ailing hamstring.

IronMexican
10-12-2010, 12:22 PM
I hate how cocky he is, but this is his first game back from an injury, and they had Cromartie guarding Moss because of how well he matches up with Moss. The go route is the one route Cromartie can guard, and the go route is the one route Moss ever runs anymore, so it was a perfect situation to use Cromartie.

Revis has been in the NFL for 3 years and has made the pro bowl his 2nd and 3rd year, it's a reach to imply he's a 1 year wonder. He was already considered a good up and coming corner headed into last season. I'd say Asomugha = Revis as a cover corner, and both of them > Woodson as cover corners, but Woodson > them both as far as being a complete versatile defender.

Obvislee hasn't seen Asmugha tacking abilities.

Woodson is a better playmaker, though.

DesignatedT
10-12-2010, 12:29 PM
hes hurt

HarlemHeat37
10-12-2010, 02:20 PM
All CBs are overrated to an extent..their success is almost completely determined by the pass rush and front 7..I watch all Broncos and Packers games, and I can attest to that..

Woodson is a terrible cover corner when he doesn't have a good pass rush..while he's always a great playmaker(especially at forcing/stripping fumbles), he's pretty mediocre when the QB has time and throws his way..

I can say the same thing for Champ..he's been really good so far this season, even though he's past his prime, but it's extremely difficult for him since the Broncos have absolutely no pass rush at all..

Revis has one of the best front 7s and defensive surroundings in the NFL..Ryan loves to blitz, their D is very good at it, it gives him a lot of opportunities to play against rushed QBs..

Greg Oden
10-12-2010, 07:59 PM
I would take Woodson over both, tbh imho.

san antonio spurs
10-12-2010, 08:23 PM
All CBs are overrated to an extent..their success is almost completely determined by the pass rush and front 7..I watch all Broncos and Packers games, and I can attest to that..

Woodson is a terrible cover corner when he doesn't have a good pass rush..while he's always a great playmaker(especially at forcing/stripping fumbles), he's pretty mediocre when the QB has time and throws his way..

I can say the same thing for Champ..he's been really good so far this season, even though he's past his prime, but it's extremely difficult for him since the Broncos have absolutely no pass rush at all..

Revis has one of the best front 7s and defensive surroundings in the NFL..Ryan loves to blitz, their D is very good at it, it gives him a lot of opportunities to play against rushed QBs..

Their front 7 is decent but not one of the best. Their pressure is applied by blitzing.

DarrinS
10-12-2010, 09:37 PM
one good year, hasnt done shit before or after

all season the dude has been getting beat, and last night was even worse. Minny wouldnt even let him guard Moss, instead they let Cromartie take him, and put Revis in the slot, and he got abused by Harvin and let Greg fucking Lewis torch him for a 33 yarder too.

Asomugha & Woodson >>> Revis.

First game back from an injury, you stupid fuck.

Will Hunting
10-12-2010, 09:38 PM

Great point Mr. Vanilla, you're only the 15th person in this thread to point out he was returning from injury.

Greg Oden
10-12-2010, 09:42 PM

nice of you to show up, fuckstick.

badfish22
10-12-2010, 09:49 PM
boring=4 rings

Phillip
10-13-2010, 10:03 AM

i call bullshit on his injury to begin with

the bitch probably faked it to make an excuse for getting roasted by Moss for that TD when they played the Pats