PDA

View Full Version : This series hinges on you TP

Rummpd
05-21-2005, 07:26 AM
You have showed in the past you can compete with and at times even toy with one Steve Nash.

It is your time, Mr. Tony Parker. No lame games, just do your thing with some consistency, and Spurs win easy.

ALVAREZ6
05-21-2005, 07:37 AM
This series hinges on the team as a whole.

IceColdBrewski
05-21-2005, 07:48 AM
A playoff series hinging on Parker? [cringe]

Thankfully this isn't the case.

JoeChalupa
05-21-2005, 07:51 AM
This series hinges on the team as a whole.

I concur. The bench play will be the key.

Mark in Austin
05-21-2005, 07:54 AM
True. However, I can't think of a championship contender whose entire offense is so dependent on one player as Phoenix is. Nash gets teammates the ball in their sweet spots, and runs the pick and roll to perfection with Amare.

Tony has two responsibilities. If he does both well, the Spurs win the series.

1. Stay in front of Nash. Not many players can do this, and Nash clearly isn't used to it judging from the regular season games these team played. He can't give Nash that point-blank shot in the lane that Dallas gave him so often. Force Nash to make the tougher pass.

2. Be aggressive in the paint offensively. Drive on Nash. Take him off the dribble. Force him to make a choice: Either he has to commit defensively and risk foul trouble, or he has to let Parker have his way. Either way, if Tony remains an offensive threat, they'll be forced to double eventually. Then it's just playing find the open man.

JoeChalupa
05-21-2005, 07:57 AM
There is no "I" in team...unless you are Iverson.

NameDropper
05-21-2005, 08:07 AM
There is no "I" in team...unless you are Iverson.

No, but there is "ME".

stéphane
05-21-2005, 08:19 AM
I was really waiting for this matchup.
Steve Nash and Tony like the way each other play and are two different type of PG.
I can tell they like each other because of Nash being one of the few NBA player who has been on the french's TP Show on radio. They were making fun of Jason Terry lol.
Tony will have a lot to do against Nash. His quickness must be used to stay in front of Nash and he'll have to find through the screens. Nash musn't penetrate the middle of the paint and musn't have open looks from the 3pt line. Offensively, TP must try to use his speed and move a lot to make Nash tired/in foul trouble.
Very interesting matchup imo.