PDA

View Full Version : The Suns favored by the fans.

RobinsontoDuncan
05-21-2005, 09:31 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/

That's not a scientific poll, but I think the rest of the country is just as nervous about Tim's ankle as we are.

GrandeDavid
05-21-2005, 09:37 AM
I don't know if its so much Tim's ankle as it is Nash and Phoenix's amazing propensity to hit killer clutch shot after killer clutch shot. They are also media darlings right now, so many of those votes are swayed by who they WANT to win. I recently filled out an online poll at espn.com and obviously answered pretty much every question in favor of the Spurs. Uh, go figure!

RobinsontoDuncan
05-21-2005, 09:43 AM
Yeah I have to admit I was slightly biased when I answered that poll in favor of the Spurs, but it is obvious to me that the rest of the country will be rooting against us probably for reasons you stated, and the ones stated by Bill Russel (although I don't buy his Bowen-Ginobili are dirty players tirade, I think the rest of the country being "tired of the Spurs" makes sense as I was sick of the Lakers after their opener every game foir the last....7 years)

bonesinaz
05-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Internet poll. Plus the suns won last night.

T Park
05-21-2005, 10:31 AM
wgaf

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 01:10 PM
That's fine with me. More people than not were picking the Knicks to beat the Spurs in the finals IIRC. Why wouldn't the team that won every single award not voted on by coaches be favored to win by the majority of people?

LilMissSPURfect
05-21-2005, 01:19 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=1348

Vote: Phoenix Suns vs. San Antonio Spurs

LilMissSPURfect
05-21-2005, 01:21 PM
we just getting the "hated lakers" syndrome.... everyone loves the underdog....

MadDog73
05-21-2005, 01:32 PM
RobinsontoDuncan making another stupid thread. What else is new?

I haven't heard ANY major media even talk about Tim's ankle. People talking about the Suns, are talking about the "unstoppable" Steve Nash.

Yet, Shaq's bruised thigh is the first thing anyone mentions about Detroit vs. Miami....

RobinsontoDuncan
05-21-2005, 01:59 PM
care to tell me how this is a stupid thread?

Obstructed_View
05-21-2005, 02:01 PM
I think he means that thinking people nationwide are motivated by worry about Tim's ankle rather than just voting for the team that's dominated the media's hearts all year is a rather large leap.

He's probably also not forgetting the Tim-Duncan-is-a-soft-loser thread.

RobinsontoDuncan
05-21-2005, 02:09 PM
:lol Great considering i never started any such thread I'm happy to find mr maddog does indeed imagine things just as i expected after reading a few of his horrible posts.