PDA

View Full Version : Parker: A Contract Will Come Naturally

The Btown Spur
10-14-2010, 12:37 PM
http://www.hoopsnotes.com/teams/sanantonio/parker-a-contract-will-come-naturally/
In an interview with the French newspaper L’Equipe, Tony Parker talked about this new season, his health and his new contract. “I feel great,” he said. “I’m ready. I can not wait to start the season. I am one hundred percent. I seem to have my twenty years’ legs back.”
A good health which will certainly help him to avoid another bad season. And negotiations were initiated between the two camps. That is why Tony Parker hasn’t played this summer with the French team. To be at his physical top and demonstrate to his employers that he deserves a nice contract.
“I know they are negotiating, but there is nothing on the table. I’m not in a hurry either. I want to stay in San Antonio, but I do not mind. I just want to make a big season and the contract will come naturally.”
Otherwise, everything is possible. Parker could answer calls from the Knicks during the offseason. Or the Spurs could decide to transfer him in mid-season.
“Everything is possible, the NBA is a business and, for a team like San Antonio, my wages is substantial. They decide what they want to do about me.”
The Spurs’ results will also weigh in the balance. Is it possible for them to win the title this year?
“it’s our goal. We know that the road is long, the Lakers are the favorites, but if we can play like we did against Dallas in the last play-offs, we have a good chance,” he said. “I like our team. Our young players, Hill and Blair, have made good progress. Splitter will help us a lot. And as neither Manu, Tim nor I have played this summer, we’ll be in great shape this season. I like our chances.”

Dex
10-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Otherwise, everything is possible. Parker could answer calls from the Knicks during the offseason. Or the Spurs could decide to transfer him in mid-season.

I love how in every one of these reports, every quote from Parker is like "I want to stay in San Antonio", but outside of the quotations the article is nothing but rampant speculation.

Spurs Brazil
10-14-2010, 01:09 PM
If TP plays well I'm sure the Spurs will offer a fair extension

lefty
10-14-2010, 01:25 PM
TP+Amare+Melo

ohmwrecker
10-14-2010, 01:40 PM
If TP plays well I'm sure the Spurs will offer a fair extension

If the Spurs play well, I'm sure Parker will accept it.

GinobiliForTres
10-14-2010, 01:51 PM
I'd be more confident if i didn't think that Eva told him to say this.

DesignatedT
10-14-2010, 02:29 PM
I'd be more confident if i didn't think that Eva told him to say this.

?