PDA

View Full Version : Two Hosts Walk Off 'The View' During Argument With Bill O'Reilly About 'Ground Zero M

George Gervin's Afro
10-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Two Hosts Walk Off 'The View' During Argument With Bill O'Reilly About 'Ground Zero Mosque'

Published October 14, 2010
| FoxNews.com
Print Email Share Comments (242) Text Size Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg stormed off the set of "The View" during an appearance by "The O'Reilly Factor" host Bill O'Reilly on Thursday morning.

Conversation during the morning show segment had turned to the so-called "Ground Zero Mosque."

"Seventy percent of Americans don't want that mosque down there," O'Reilly said.

When asked why, O’Reilly explained that the mosque was not supported by the majority of Americans because its location was “inappropriate."

When Goldberg asked why it was inappropriate, citing 70 Muslims who died in the attacks, O'Reilly said: "Because Muslims killed us on 9/11. That's why.”

Goldberg responded, “That is such bulls**t."

"Muslims didn't kill us? Is that what you're saying?" O'Reilly asked.

"Extremists did that!” Goldberg said.

As the conversation became more heated, Behar got up from her seat beside O'Reilly.

"I don’t want to sit here right now, I don’t," Behar said. "I am outraged by that statement.”

Goldberg joined her colleague and the two walked off stage.

Barbra Walters came to their guest's defense.

“I want to say something to all of you. You have just seen what should not happen,” she said. “We should be able to have discussions without washing our hands and screaming and walking off stage. I love my colleagues, but that should not have happened.”

Walters then said to O’Reilly: “Now let me just say in a calmer voice, it was extremists. You cannot take a whole religion and demean them.”

“If anybody felt that I was demeaning all Muslims, than I apologize,” O’Reilly said.

Goldberg and Behar returned to the stage minutes later.

“We’re back because now you apologized,” said Behar.

Click here for a transcript of Bill O'Reilly's appearance on "The View."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/10/14/hosts-walk-view-argument-oreilly-ground-zero-mosque/?test=faces

This is why the opponenents of the mosque have nothing to justify their opposition with other than islamophobia.

nice job Bill.. you have summed up your side's argument.. and then had to backtrack...

we see that alot on this board by the resident conservatives..

Parker2112
10-14-2010, 03:41 PM
WGAF about these talking heads when the economy is in such a state, when we are fighting wars all over the globe, etc.

This is a bullshit non-event soap opera distraction.

Parker2112
10-14-2010, 03:42 PM
And Fuck Bill O.

DarrinS
10-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Whoopi and Behar have a hissy fit and walk off. Butthurt crybabies. :cry

O'Reilly to Behar at 1:40: Look, let me break this to you, 70 percent of Americans don't want that mosque down there.

(crowd cheers)

Crowd also cheers when Whoopi and Behar walk off. :lmao

QXMMEZbGWkk

clambake
10-14-2010, 04:04 PM
did they talk about his abusive behavior and sexual harassment toward his co-workers?

DarrinS
10-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Weird how Behar never walked off when Rosie discussed her tinfoil hat 9/11 conspiracies.

clambake
10-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Weird how Behar never walked off when Rosie discussed her tinfoil hat 9/11 conspiracies.

cuz if she had, rosie woulda beat the shit outta her.

baseline bum
10-14-2010, 04:36 PM
2tJjNVVwRCY

fraga
10-14-2010, 04:37 PM

Well technically you're not supposed to make fun of the mentally challenged...

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
10-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Whoopi is just naturally pissed off at the entire world.
the cow with the red hair is atrocious.

the fat blakk girl and the slim cracker are the only tolerable people on the show as well as the only two people on the show that can be truly classified as women.

whoopi and the redheaded cow seem to be men trapped in a pre-tranny body and the old bitch is a skeleton.

DarrinS
10-14-2010, 05:25 PM
2tJjNVVwRCY

This one is better

5j2YDq6FkVE

ChumpDumper
10-14-2010, 05:44 PM
lol watching "The View."

Jacob1983
10-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Bill O'Reilly is always awesome when he is on The View. You can tell by his body language, facial expressions, and overall tone that he enjoys fucking with Whoopi Goldberg and especially Joy Behar. Bill O'Reilly said what most Americans are scared to say because they don't want to be labeled as something bad or don't want to offend someone or some group. People don't want that fuckin mosque at ground zero. Build it somewhere else. I loved it how when O'Reilly explained to the ladies that he thought Marilyn Monroe was a patriot because she captured the hearts of a lot of people and brought joy to people. Right after he said, bitch Behar said something about Monroe sleeping with presidents.

Latarian Milton
10-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Bill O'Reilly is always awesome when he is on The View. You can tell by his body language, facial expressions, and overall tone that he enjoys fucking with Whoopi Goldberg and especially Joy Behar. Bill O'Reilly said what most Americans are scared to say because they don't want to be labeled as something bad or don't want to offend someone or some group. People don't want that fuckin mosque at ground zero. Build it somewhere else. I loved it how when O'Reilly explained to the ladies that he thought Marilyn Monroe was a patriot because she captured the hearts of a lot of people and brought joy to people. Right after he said, bitch Behar said something about Monroe sleeping with presidents.

and you hate america, dummy.

jack sommerset
10-14-2010, 08:35 PM
LoL.....Behar and Whoopi jumping the gun then getting BUTTHURT walking off the set. Then Barbara Walters calls them out for being unprofessional. Then, Behar and Whoopi walking back with thier tails between thier legs a minute later to say sorry. Then George making this thread thinking O'Reilly did something wrong BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

Jacob1983
10-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Yep that's right, poster who is pretending to be a youtube video personality. Don't you have a box of donuts to eat or something?

Trainwreck2100
10-14-2010, 08:38 PM
But they were Muslim

v2freak
10-14-2010, 08:42 PM
I agree with the statement "it was extremists. You cannot take a whole religion and demean them.” But to me the two guests looked childish and made it look like they did not know what they were getting into when agreeing to be on the show.

jack sommerset
10-14-2010, 08:44 PM
But they were Muslim

But you can't say that!!!!!! That was freaken halirious. What a couple of pussies. Reminds me of mono. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jacob1983
10-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Joy Behar hates Bill O'Reilly and she isn't afraid to show it. She is also a hardcore liberal and wants people to know it. Whoopi is like that too but she isn't on the same level as Behar. O'Reilly was telling the truth. Behar and Whoopi are koolaid drinkers. A lot of people say O'Reilly is but I would disagree with it. He does lean toward the right but isn't as hardcore as crazy people like Hannity and Beck or Ann Coulter.

The Reckoning
10-14-2010, 08:51 PM
rofl at barbara walters regulating

Latarian Milton
10-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Yep that's right, poster who is pretending to be a youtube video personality. Don't you have a box of donuts to eat or something?

u better revere the honorable and respectable hoodrat stuff doer Sir Latarian Milton tbh.

Creepn
10-14-2010, 09:30 PM
2tJjNVVwRCY

Yet no one says "i hate it when white people act like that"

Winehole23
10-14-2010, 09:45 PM
lol watching "The View."This.

Winehole23
10-14-2010, 09:46 PM
(burp)

MannyIsGod
10-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Yet no one says "i hate it when white people act like that"

:lol

Winehole23
10-14-2010, 10:04 PM
(pretty sure that bit's been done before)

Winehole23
10-14-2010, 10:08 PM
WvoxW28_UV4

Darrin
10-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Whoopi and Behar have a hissy fit and walk off. Butthurt crybabies. :cry

O'Reilly to Behar at 1:40: Look, let me break this to you, 70 percent of Americans don't want that mosque down there.

(crowd cheers)

Crowd also cheers when Whoopi and Behar walk off. :lmao

QXMMEZbGWkk

MDthMGtZKa4
Cancel this show now...Stupidest exchange from Bill from Whoopi from the audience I have seen in a long time.

Nbadan
10-15-2010, 12:58 AM
But they were Muslim

They also visited strip clubs....therefore, men who visit strip clubs are terrorists!

JoeChalupa
10-15-2010, 10:00 AM
They should have just sat there and hashed it out. Hasselbeck was showing some nice leg.

Drachen
10-15-2010, 11:53 AM
A white person blew up the OKC building, he was a christian too.

White people and Christians are terrorist and "killed us".

(fuckin sucks 'cause I am white and was raised a christian).

That being said, I believe that O'Reilly is the most liberal leaning talking head on his network.

fraga
10-15-2010, 02:46 PM
O'Reilly

"You're the thinnest kid at fat camp!!!"

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Terrorists blew up the Twin Towers....That statement is TRUE

Men blew up the Twin Towers...That statement is TRUE.

Muslims blew up the Twin Towers...That statement is also TRUE. Intentionally provocative, but true.

ChumpDumper
10-15-2010, 02:57 PM
I'll give Billo props for admitting the reason for opposing the mosque is Islamophobia. It was stupid for the hosts to just leave and not simply work that angle.

nkdlunch
10-15-2010, 03:01 PM

Muslims blew up the Twin Towers...That statement is also TRUE. Intentionally provocative, but true.

and Jews killed Jesus, and Christians caused the holocaust, etc, etc, etc

I hate Bill but he owned them biznitches right ther

Cry Havoc
10-15-2010, 03:10 PM

Germans are responsible for the Holocaust... TRUE.

Men killed other men, women, and children, in cold blood... TRUE.

I'm a German. Am I responsible for the actions of my ancestors, Cosmic? Am I allowed to have Jewish friends?

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Germans are responsible for the Holocaust... TRUE.

Men killed other men, women, and children, in cold blood... TRUE.

I'm a German. Am I responsible for the actions of my ancestors, Cosmic? Am I allowed to have Jewish friends?

Whats your fucking problem? I made no judgments, just stated facts. I don't give a fuck WHAT you do.

RandomGuy
10-15-2010, 03:20 PM

Religious extremists blew up the Twin Towers...That statement is also TRUE. Intentionally provocative, but true.

Religious people blew up the Twin Towers...That statement is also TRUE. Intentionally provocative, but true.

-----------------------------------

As long as we are generalizing.

Personally I think many evangelical Christians are not that far removed from the nutbags with the box cutters.

I have no doubt that if the situations/religions were reversed, that fundamentalist nutbag Christians from the Middle East would do the exact thing to a Muslim USA.

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2010, 03:30 PM
I have no doubt that if the situations/religions were reversed, that fundamentalist nutbag Christians from the Middle East would do the exact thing to a Muslim USA.

naaa...the suicide part just doesn't mesh with the religious culture. They would probably do it in a heartbeat if they thought they could parachute out at the last second.

Spurminator
10-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Why couldn't the studio have imploded during this interview?

Darrin
10-15-2010, 03:58 PM
I was pissed off last night, so I figured I'd add a little more this afternoon to explain why. O'Reilly doesn't realize how insulting it is for him to take on the voice of the average American. He is speaking only for people who agree with him and he's not an average American. He's not a populist. He's an elite media member. I am tired of Fox News and its brand claiming they speak for me, my neighbors, and are somehow above things like ratings and making money. They are perhaps the most egregious of the cable news stations in framing a story to look like it belongs in an action thriller. They use fear and nationalist images to get their point across and they prove that if opinion is repeated enough, it will become truth. It's manipulation in a time where we need to make hard choices and I cannot stress enough how damaged we are by this "news" source. Americans, in fact all people, get their information from media sources. We cannot make informed decisions when the news is cherry-picked and we are led to the opinion of the network. Minority voices are protected in this society and it helps public policy and debate to listen to a nuanced argument from all sides. This makes my blood boil.

Walking off the show felt like a stunt when I saw it, a stunt for ratings and gossip. It was people using their platform to sell the show and it felt contrived. It caused the audience to cheer and it made me watch the View to find out what the problem was.

While I agree with Behar and Goldberg, the example of Timothy McVeigh is specious. These were not Muslims--they had a specific belief system that led to a terrorist attack and it was a bastardized form of religion. Timothy McVeigh was not making the argument that we weren't Christian enough. His problem was he felt the United States government was becoming corrupt and therefore we had to take military action to avoid living in a police state. It was a bastardized form of the military. Those are the motivations behind the terrorist attack.

To accept that people of the muslim faith attacked us is to include Al Qaeda in the religion. While they may use Allah's name, it is not Islam anymore than the KKK is Christianity and American Pride. That is the argument that should be made.

And to suggest that a phrase used by the President of the United States, one to be more specific to the problem we face since there is more than one terrorist group facing the United States, is responsible for anti-Islamic sentiment is to ignore the 300 years of history on this continent with regards to war, politics, and immigrants. A seed has to be planted before the flower can blossom. Obama's words don't carry that much weight.

Cry Havoc
10-15-2010, 04:11 PM
naaa...the suicide part just doesn't mesh with the religious culture.

#1 case of suicides in the US is white protestant males.

Just sayin'.

jack sommerset
10-15-2010, 04:20 PM
#1 case of suicides in the US is white protestant males.

Just sayin'.

Are you thinking about hurting yourself or something?

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2010, 04:22 PM
What is the one common denominator in the following besides the fact that they are all suicide bombers?

Al Quaeda suicide bombers.
Lebanese suicide bombers.
West bank suicide bombers.
Hezbollah suicide bombers.
Madrid train suicide bombers.
Isreal suicide bombers.
Sudanese suicide bombers.
Iraqi suicide bombers.
Afghanistan suicide bombers.
London 7/7 suicide bombers.
Tajikistan suicide bombers.
Saudi Arabia suicide bombers.
Tunisia suicide bombers.
Indonesian suicide bombers.
Kenya suicide bombers.
Morocco suicide bombers.
Turkey suicide bombers.
Pakistani suicide bombers.
Yemen suicide bombers.
Algerian suicide bombers.
Nigerian suicide bombers.
etc.

ChumpDumper
10-15-2010, 04:33 PM
What is the one common denominator in the following besides the fact that they are all suicide bombers?

Isreal suicide bombers.
Iraqi suicide bombers.
Tunisia suicide bombers.
Kenya suicide bombers.
Morocco suicide bombers.
Turkey suicide bombers.
Yemen suicide bombers.
etc.So it would be more acceptable if they just killed people without killing themselves?

Also are suicide bombers building the mosque in Manhattan? I figure most of them would be, you know, dead.

RandomGuy
10-15-2010, 04:35 PM
naaa...the suicide part just doesn't mesh with the religious culture. They would probably do it in a heartbeat if they thought they could parachute out at the last second.

If you subjected christian nutters to the kinds of oppression and conspiracy theory that the nutters in al Qaeda generally ascribe to, they would just as readily give their lives to defend their religion.

Remember, suicide bombers don't view their deaths as suicide, you and I do.

They view it as martyrdom in defense of their religion. A perfectly valid form of military exercise.

How many Evangelicals would be just as ready to die in defense of their faith, if they felt it under seige?

I remember very distinctly the Tea Party rally that talked all about how the big bad Liberals were going to take God away. It was not a polite rant against godless evil atheists and so forth.

If atheists and big bad liberals really moved to the zenith of power and started actually opressing Christians and Evangelicals, do you think they would hesitate to take arms?

RandomGuy
10-15-2010, 04:39 PM

Isreal suicide bombers.
Iraqi suicide bombers.
Tunisia suicide bombers.
Kenya suicide bombers.
Morocco suicide bombers.
Turkey suicide bombers.
Yemen suicide bombers.
etc.

In their minds they were not committing suicide.

Islams prohibitions against suicide are just as strong as Judaism and Christianity.

It is subverting religion and warping it to twisted ends that rationalizes the evil they do.

I think a lot of Christian fundamentalists and evangelicals subvert their own religion to rationalize evil.

The two are fully equivalent in my mind. Its just that evangelicals here have some engagement with the political process. Again, I have no doubt that if they felt they didn't, they would not hesitate to commit acts of violence. That is precisely why abortion doctors wear body armor.

RandomGuy
10-15-2010, 04:51 PM
I would also point out that Al Qaeda views secular, non-religious governments with as much alarm as those in the US who advocate prayer in schools, ten commandments in courthouses, and creationism in science classes.

The very thing that has made the West ascendant in economic terms, i.e. liberal secular democracy is as much despised by those who would chop my head off without hesitation in the name of Allah, as those who rail against homosexuals and think that hurricaines are Gods judgement for sins.

Sportcamper
10-15-2010, 04:54 PM
The best line was O’Reilly to Joy Behar…Hold it, listen to me because you will learn….:lmao

Thats what ticked her off the most...

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2010, 04:54 PM
So it would be more acceptable if they just killed people without killing themselves?

Also are suicide bombers building the mosque in Manhattan? I figure most of them would be, you know, dead.

Ask a simple question and you get a question right back from Chumpcratres.

ChumpDumper
10-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Ask a simple question and you get a question right back from Chumpcratres.It's obvious that you listed a bunch of people who were most likely Muslims.

I don't expect you to answer my questions.

jack sommerset
10-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Ask a simple question and you get a question right back from Chumpcratres.

LoL...You're just now figuring that out!!!