PDA

View Full Version : Purple & Gold Fade...

Man In Black
10-15-2010, 05:05 PM
http://www.red94.net/nba-purple-gold-fade/4036/

That is the even sadder truth: no matter how great Pau Gasol is or how badly Jackson may want this ring, too much may have already been lost to reasonably expect a title. Celtics fans find themselves already crossing their fingers, praying for some sort of fountain-of-youth/hyperbaric chamber solution to that 2001 All-Star team’s ills, and that is with a budding superstar in tow in Rondo. The Lakers’ future rides on the stability of two knees that doctors expect to fail in the near future, and its present dominance has been spearheaded by a shooting guard who has played 1,219 games over the course of 14 NBA seasons. I’m not guaranteeing failure here, just bringing up the very notion of it, somehow foreign not just to the purple and gold contingent, but to the rest of us too self-impressed and indolent to keep an eye out for warning signs.

Giuseppe
10-15-2010, 05:06 PM
[[[The Lakers’ future rides on the stability of two knees that doctors expect to fail in the near future]]]

Our future rides on Blair?

tee, hee.

Man In Black
10-15-2010, 05:11 PM
It's an article that talk about Purple and Gold, yet in your lack of genius intellect, you come up with DeJuan Blair?

tee, hee.

Bust out your I can read DVDs and learn to read a link every once in awhile.

Giuseppe
10-15-2010, 05:12 PM
The smell of skunk made me disoriented.

Man In Black
10-15-2010, 05:13 PM
You mean the smell of years where Bean didn't actually lead his team to the playoffs?

Giuseppe
10-15-2010, 05:15 PM
You try leading Smush Parker, see how far you get.

Jelloisjigglin
10-15-2010, 05:20 PM
lol Wishful thinking.

Man In Black
10-15-2010, 05:38 PM

So you admit that Bean failed?

Gold Tooth Carl
10-15-2010, 05:40 PM
lol Wishful thinking.

JmV9B8Q9oNM

Gold Tooth Carl
10-15-2010, 05:41 PM

He brought it on himself

Giuseppe
10-15-2010, 06:05 PM

A course he failed.

ezau
10-15-2010, 09:10 PM
The smell of skunk made me disoriented.

You got skunked by the Viets. Losers like you have no business going back here.

Giuseppe
10-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Thank Christ the Celtics weren't as tough as those Viets.

ezau
10-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Thank Christ the Celtics weren't as tough as those Viets.

lol

Banzai
10-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Smush Parker,Kwame Brown, Brian Cook...nuff said.

Gutter92
10-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Smush Parker,Kwame Brown, Brian Cook...nuff said.

A team Jordan could have taken to the finals tbh. Not saying he woulda won, but he could have gotten them there.

Giuseppe
10-15-2010, 10:07 PM
A team Jordan could have taken to the finals tbh. Not saying he woulda won, but he could have gotten them there.

That "gotten them there" is why we're topsy, and the Celtics are turvy.

cobbler
10-15-2010, 10:15 PM

Yes he failed. The whole organization failed. It's not difficult math in Lakerland. You ring or it's a FAIL.

The batman and robin arguments along with all the other trinkets and stats mean squat. Bean is 5-14.

Giuseppe
10-15-2010, 10:22 PM
^That's it, and that's all.

Gutter92
10-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Yes, I failed.

Just want to be sure you accept your failures :lol

cobbler
10-16-2010, 12:28 AM

Just want to be sure you accept your failures :lol

Of course... and 16 glorious triumphs to go with them.

Greg Oden
10-16-2010, 12:36 AM
and to go with the main course, a side order of 0 functioning legs.

tee, hee.

Gutter92
10-16-2010, 01:01 AM
Of course... and 16 glorious triumphs to go with them.
http://www.pedalprayers.org/Awards/ovation.gif

Man In Black
10-16-2010, 01:04 AM
The batman and robin arguments along with all the other trinkets and stats mean squat.
So sayeth the guys that back Robin, who became Nightwing, but later became Batman but still needed a Robin, but in this case, his Robin is Nightwing, who could possibly assume the mantle of the bat. See...it means more than squat.

cobbler
10-16-2010, 01:26 AM
So sayeth the guys that back Robin, who became Nightwing, but later became Batman but still needed a Robin, but in this case, his Robin is Nightwing, who could possibly assume the mantle of the bat. See...it means more than squat.

Correction. So sayeth the guys who back the Lakers and have a player who is one of the greats of all time.Regardless of how you want to label him, he has been an instrumental player in winning 5 championships for our team. The greats come and go. More with our team than most so of course I feel your pain. But when its all said and done years from now nobody will be discussing the batman/robin aspect of the game anymore than they do with Magic and Kareem today. That's a phenomenon created by you obssed haters who just can't fathom the unthinkable...

Man In Black
10-16-2010, 02:23 AM
No Cobbler...that's the response you get back when other team's accomplishments are belittled by pious LAL Bandwagon. Tell us, where you feeling good when Sedale Threatt was the lead point guard for the LAL? How about after losing a series in which, the aforementioned lead dog, Bean, was up 3-1 and lost in 7 games to Phoenix?

See...this is what happens when pompous arrogance attempts to rule the roost.

Bean needs a strong big. Your team ain't winning squat if Kwame Brown is still manning the middle. TRUTH. So again, the Batman & Robin theory still applies.

And it's not years from now. It's about Today, but you're right in that I agree, when it comes down to it, later...Tim Duncan will be recognized as the best to ever play his position.

Speaking of today...you have a crew of miscreants who just want to dish insult after insult. I can play that game. It has it's moments, especially since I win the bulk of my arguments.

You Cobbler...you don't irk me much. Can you talk to your pious brethren and make it so that they post some legitimate takes like you? One or two word answer people(You know who you are) need not apply, they're beyond help. That's fine...I need fans like them to piss on every once in awhile.

cobbler
10-16-2010, 03:06 AM
pious brethren >>> obsessed haters :toast

TheMACHINE
10-16-2010, 03:19 AM
Man in Black throwing a hissy fit. I think he is about to cry.

Man In Black
10-16-2010, 04:08 AM
That's all you got Machine...you're weaker than your weak fairy namesake...Sashabitch.

Now Cobbler...YOU IRK ME.

Pious bitches always get their comeuppance.

It's just a matter of time. :hat

Giuseppe
10-16-2010, 06:40 AM
Pious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!