PDA

View Full Version : Wade now likely out until Heat season opener

duncan228
10-15-2010, 06:26 PM
A whole list of Heat injuries.

Dwyane Wade now likely out until Heat season opener (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-lebron-james-s101510,0,1579852.story)
By Ira Winderman
South Florida Sun Sentinel

The Miami Heat will not be whole until the Oct. 26 season opener at TD Garden against the Boston Celtics.

And for the next few days, the team won't even be intact in South Florida.

Coach Erik Spoelstra said Friday he no longer is hopeful of getting sidelined guard Dwyane Wade into one of the team's final three exhibitions.

"That'll be tough. We don't want to rush it," Spoelstra said. "If it was the regular season, possibly. We still have a lot of time. I know everybody's saying it has to happen right now. But the most important thing is our health. We'll be patient."

As it is, the Heat won't even have Wade in the gym the next few days, with Wade in Chicago testifying in the custody case involving his two young sons. That docket likely will have him missing Sunday's open practice for season-ticket holders at AmericanAirlines Arena, and might not have him back in time for Monday's home exhibition against the Charlotte Bobcats.

To help Wade with his ongoing rehab from a strained right hamstring sustained in the first quarter of the Oct. 5 exhibition opener, the Heat plans to send Director of Rehabilitation Rey Jaffet to Chicago.

"The timetable (in Chicago) really falls into the same of about when he'll be healthy," Spoelstra said.

Spoelstra had hoped to have sidelined forward LeBron James and sidelined guard Mario Chalmers back on the court Friday, but those returns were pushed back.

James is battling hamstring pain that forced him out of Tuesday's exhibition against CSKA Moscow.

Spoelstra plans to scrimmage his players Saturday and Sunday, but James was uncertain whether he would participate.

"I don't want to rush it," he said.

But he also said he was pain free.

"I feel that we've got four days until we play our next preseason game," James said. "It's more a precaution more than anything."

Spoelstra said he was encouraged.

"He's getting stronger, he's getting healthier, and that's the most important thing," he said.

Chalmers, recovering from a high ankle sprain that had him out for two months this summer, said he is considering sitting out the final three exhibitions, with the Heat's preseason schedule concluding with back-to-back road games Thursday against the Atlanta Hawks and next Friday in Tampa against the Orlando Magic.

"Right now, it's good to get my ankle close to 100 percent before that first game against Boston," Chalmers said, "It's just getting my flexibility back. I think that's the main thing.

"I still can't push off my foot like I can with my right foot. I'll be ready for opening night."

There also was encouraging injury news Friday.

Guard Eddie House, who has been inactive since July shoulder surgery, said he plans to make his preseason debut Thursday in Atlanta.

"That's what the docs told me," he said. "He wanted me to go three and a half to four months before taking contact. I'm right there, right there at that time frame."

Point guard Carlos Arroyo, who has been out since the exhibition opener with a groin injury, was back to full speed Friday.

"So far so good," he said.

Center Jamaal Magloire, who has been battling knee pain, and guard Patrick Beverley, who needed four stitches to close a gash above his left eye in Wednesday's loss to the New Orleans Hornets, also were back.

Spoelstra said he finds himself in a balancing act.

"We want to try to accomplish everything right now," he said. "We want to work on detail work. We still need to play five on five. At the same time, it's a great opportunity for us to regain our health and get guys back feeling good. We have a lot of days to practice, but also to get some rest."

Forward Chris Bosh said it is a rough patch the team has to push past.

"Life is always going to throw you curveballs," he said. "The season is, too. You just have to be able to work around it."

MiamiHeat
10-15-2010, 06:28 PM
you post as if this was news

it was already known he wasnt going to play in any preseason games.

they would rather he rest than play some shitty preseason game if his hamstring bothered him

Giuseppe
10-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Don't be so defensive, duder.

Calm your f'in ass down.

Dex
10-15-2010, 06:50 PM
If Heat fan should be concerned about anything, it's the fact that this dude is now missing weeks over a strain that occurred while making a basic cut on defense. We all knew Wade was a bit of a china doll, but really?

MiamiHeat
10-15-2010, 06:53 PM
If Heat fan should be concerned about anything, it's the fact that this dude is now missing weeks over a strain that occurred while making a basic cut on defense. We all knew Wade was a bit of a china doll, but really?

If Duncan felt a sore hamstring, Pop wouldn't let him sniff the preseason court anymore.

Giuseppe
10-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Here's a guy that gets injured without even playing. That's like busting a nut without even getting hard...LOL!!!

Don't laugh, Luva. Sadly it's my MO.

Giuseppe
10-15-2010, 07:03 PM
If Duncan felt a sore hamstring, Pop wouldn't let him sniff the preseason court anymore.

At least he'd be spared the scent of skunk.

Ace
10-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Don't laugh, Luva. Sadly it's my MO.

:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
10-15-2010, 09:40 PM
The Laker injury's are of greater concern. Miami has bs injuries, so they'll be ready come opening tip

Koolaid_Man
10-16-2010, 08:55 AM
you post as if this was news

it was already known he wasnt going to play in any preseason games.

they would rather he rest than play some shitty preseason game if his hamstring bothered him

getting the excuses lined up for the 1st game loss after all this preseason ass kissing....:lol